Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5982111 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2016
nemesis2u:

because if any tired general makes the mistake of sitting on the swagger stick / Malacca cane it will surely puncture the generals ass big time.
grin grin grin grin

Smh....grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2016
Nigerian Air Force A109 LUH supporting troops inside Sambisa

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 09, 2016
africaken254:
i believe the kenya police wing should be incorporated in the kenyan air force.i believe the air force has the experience,facilities,capacity e.t.c in rotary wing aircrafts.the UK armed forces has incorporated all rotary wing air crafts(navy,army,airforce) under the airforce

the kenya police AW 139 Helicopter that crushed,had a UltraForce 350-HD FLIR system.http://www.flir.com/surveillance/display/?id=64173
I think it should be the opposite, the police airwing should be made into an independent institusion with its own separate budget and it should be in service for all the security service (excluding the military), there are too many security service for many departments, one air wsll funded wing will be worthit to serve all of them...., they can even add a coast guard arm to do patrols alobg the coast....
Mixing the police airwing with airforce would be blurring the lines

anyway, the FLIR seems undamaged.. other than that its $6.8M down the drain.. back to our 20+ yrs Mi-17s...those reliable bastards

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:10am On Sep 09, 2016
frumentius:
Ghanaian Army (SF?) and their OTT Hunter Light Strike Vehicles.

Needs more dakka
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:10am On Sep 09, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

Are you talking abt the "3rd" Agrale Marrua? in the shot

This one?Got no clue?perhaps Gottfried knows something i dont grin If memory serves me right the SF only paraded 4 vehicles that day,three different versions of the Marrua and a REVA FAV

Two 12,5s?

Not sure if too much dakka grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:12am On Sep 09, 2016
nemesis2u:

lol grin grin grin grin

its funny because only recently a internal circular was issued in my country for serving officers, general onwards........

loose ur belly or get demoted, plus no promotion
grin grin grin grin

This same thing pisses me off in SANDF

We didn't have many fat generals in the old days... But today everyone with the rank of Col and above has a beer belly

Americans and British don't have this problem

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:58am On Sep 09, 2016
patches689:

This same thing pisses me off in SANDF

We didn't have many fat generals in the old days... But today everyone with the rank of Col and above has a beer belly

Americans and British don't have this problem

Not really.

Pot bellies are mostly found in what we call "office soldiers".

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 09, 2016
denisfidha:

I think it should be the opposite, the police airwing should be made into an independent institusion with its own separate budget and it should be in service for all the security service (excluding the military), there are too many security service for many departments, one air wsll funded wing will be worthit to serve all of them...., they can even add a coast guard arm to do patrols alobg the coast....
Mixing the police airwing with airforce would be blurring the lines

anyway, the FLIR seems undamaged.. other than that its $6.8M down the drain.. back to our 20+ yrs Mi-17s...those reliable bastards
the reason i am suggesting so,is that we have small police air wing.most of the time they rarely fly their helicopters(i used to visit wilson air port occasitionally with my friend back in the early 2000 and those police MI-17 were left in the open in Wilson airport in a deplorable state.just to rust,the way the police hire its pilots is also shady,how they utilise,maintain,acquire their air crafts is also questionable.loosing two choppers in a span of one month,questions have to be raised about the state of the kenya police wing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mn8IqPz3I
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:30am On Sep 09, 2016
africaken254:
the reason i am suggesting so,is that we have small police air wing.most of the time they rarely fly their helicopters(i used to visit wilson air port occasitionally with my friend back in the early 2000 and those police MI-17 were left in the open in Wilson airport in a deplorable state.just to rust,the way the police hire its pilots is also shady,how they utilise,maintain,acquire their air crafts is also questionable.loosing two choppers in a span of one month,questions have to be raised about the state of the kenya police wing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mn8IqPz3I
Probably something was wrong or something was done wrong.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 09, 2016
TGIF cheesy cheesy

There's been a lot of beautiful photos shared so far in this thread this year. So, since we are approaching the weekend, i thought it'll be nice to do a TOP 10 ranking, however since there are multiple amazing images, i've decided to do a TOP 15 photos ranking of photographs shared so far this year in this thread. Watch this space.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by welzyj2(m): 8:58am On Sep 09, 2016
This thread is becoming too lengthy start anoda.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:00am On Sep 09, 2016
welzyj2:
This thread is becoming too lengthy start anoda.
we'll all behave like we didn't see this

15 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 09, 2016
patches689:

Needs more dakka

Exactly what I thought. 3 mounts have gone unused.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
Nigerian Army

The first image is very inspiring.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
Nigerian Army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
Nigeria COIN

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 1:23pm On Sep 09, 2016
naigerians with the word ''COIN''.since wona di COIN you guys have been able to deal with BH.i guess the troubles in the delta region would be "NIOC" grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2016
fabselad:
naigerians with the word ''COIN''.since wona di COIN you guys have been able to deal with BH.i guess the troubles in the delta region would be "NIOC" grin grin grin grin grin

You should at-least hide your ignorance and gross stupidity by simply keeping mute.

COIN refers to Counter-Insurgency.

Nigeria COIN = Nigeria Counter-Insurgency.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2016
Henry240:

You should at-least hide your ignorance and gross stupidity by simply keeping mute.

COIN refers to Counter-Insurgency.

Nigeria COIN = Nigeria Counter-Insurgency.
shocked shocked shocked shocked sorry to let you that i know the meaning of the word COIN. What am just simply saying is if a war was won using pics i guess u guys would have beaten BH.You guys post the highest but yet your military has shown whats it is PAPER TIGER. have you ever heard of the cameroonian soldiers running away from BH or loosing territory to BH. Speak less guys or Post less and just do your Job. You call yourself the most powerful army in africa, What about the Kenyans, Ethiopians or even the Ugandans. The Chadians did in Mali what it took you guys yrs to do in against BH.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 1:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
Abeg naija pals make una ignore this ''ekpa'' eh no reach or deserve our energy grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
fabselad:

shocked shocked shocked shocked sorry to let you that i know the meaning of the word COIN. What am just simply saying is if a war was won using pics i guess u guys would have beaten BH.You guys post the highest but yet your military has shown whats it is PAPER TIGER. have you ever heard of the cameroonian soldiers running away from BH or loosing territory to BH. Speak less guys or Post less and just do your Job. You call yourself the most powerful army in africa, What about the Kenyans, Ethiopians or even the Ugandans. The Chadians did in Mali what it took you guys yrs to do in against BH.

It's obvious you're very senseless, and your acute stupidity did not only damage your brains, it also blinded your eyes.

The title of this thread, clearly states African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread, not solutions on how to deal with BH or fight wars.

Now, run along you fool, jealously doesn't contribute to photos or videos in this thread.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by welzyj2(m): 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2016
Henry240:

It's obvious you're very senseless, and your acute stupidity did not only damage your brains, it also blinded your eyes.

The title of this thread, clearly states African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread, not solutions on how to deal with BH or fight wars.

Now, run along you fool, jealously doesn't contribute to photos or videos in this thread.

U don use laff kill me Oºº. My belle oo cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 09, 2016
revolutionary news from somalia.. for the first time in about 30years somalia will host high level conference. regional horn of Africa/east africa body IGAD will conduct its heads of state meeting in Mogadishu next tuesday where heads of states from Ethiopia,Kenya,Uganda,Sudan, South Sudan,Djibouti and hosts somali are expected at the 53rd IGAD summit.... where peace ib south sudan will be discussed and also the upcomming somalia election will be on the agenda... hope all goes well, the successful hosting of a high powered delegation will send new energy in the somali people and also the world that somali is getting back on its feet

http://intelligencebriefs.com/security-heightened-in-mogadishu-as-somalia-set-to-host-igad-summit/

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2016
Henry240:

@Henry240 :I disagree with the post and tone from our friend from Cameroun but...I didn't see you taking exception when certain dunderheads -thankfully gone, though some still lurk - were making the very same argument with regards to us Saffers posting photos. Principle, eh?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Deway75: 2:53pm On Sep 09, 2016
I knew from your first comment that you were going to resurrect the insults you Cameroonians spit out to the Nigerian military on your blogs and media. We admit we made mistakes but don't ever think for a second that your BIR has the capacity to take on our regular army. But for the Hague, you'll be begging Nigeria for Bakassi till date. You have no grounds whatsoever to think you can equate a few BIR soldiers to the Nigerian military, not your army, not your air force, not your navy. Everyone has been a bit restrained and mature on this blog and I'll advise you do the same.

fabselad:

14 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2016
frumentius:

@Henry24 :I disagree with the post and tone from our friend from Cameroun but...I didn't see you taking exception when certain dunderheads -thankfully gone, though some still lurk - were making the very same argument with regards to us Saffers posting photos. Principle, eh?

I did call out Agaugust when he was making inflammatory comments in this thread. However i expected that since he was a "senior member" of this section, he would show restraint. I used to always call Agaugust and Patches689 to order.

However, if you're referring to the other thread, everyone agreed, anything goes.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
UPDAF L-39 Jets

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
Nigerian navy Commandos

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2016
denisfidha:
revolutionary news from somalia.. for the first time in about 30years somalia will host high level conference. regional horn of Africa/east africa body IGAD will conduct its heads of state meeting in Mogadishu next tuesday where heads of states from Ethiopia,Kenya,Uganda,Sudan, South Sudan,Djibouti and hosts somali are expected at the 53rd IGAD summit.... where peace ib south sudan will be discussed and also the upcomming somalia election will be on the agenda... hope all goes well, the successful hosting of a high powered delegation will send new energy in the somali people and also the world that somali is getting back on its feet

http://intelligencebriefs.com/security-heightened-in-mogadishu-as-somalia-set-to-host-igad-summit/

This is very good news. Although, i'm sure all visiting heads would come with heavy additional security details.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 3:22pm On Sep 09, 2016
Deway75:
I knew from your first comment that you were going to resurrect the insults you Cameroonians spit out to the Nigerian military on your blogs and media. We admit we made mistakes but don't ever think for a second that your BIR has the capacity to take on our regular army. But for the Hague, you'll be begging Nigeria for Bakassi till date. You have no grounds whatsoever to think you can equate a few BIR soldiers to the Nigerian military, not your army, not your air force, not your navy. Everyone has been a bit restrained and mature on this blog and I'll advise you do the same.

Before getting into this comments i have gone through every word about what nigerians say about our country and military.anyow its pass.sorry if my comments where inflammatory.we all fight the ame foes

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 09, 2016
fabselad:

Uncalled for here. There's a thread somewhere on the site for penile measurement. Getting back on track: met the impressive Cameroun military attache to SA at the graduation of 58 aviation technicians at Denel Aviation. A Major, unusually, seeing most Military Attaches are Colonels.

Pic: Cameroun aviation techs graduating at Denel Aviation.

P.S. As part of the 5-year Denel contract to maintain Nigerian C-130 Hercules and Puma choppers, a batch of techs begin their lessons shortly and 3 of my colleagues have been taking them around SA's aviation industry and a highlight will be AAD2016 before class commences momentarily.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 09, 2016
frumentius:

Uncalled for here. There's a thread somewhere on the site for penile measurement.

Posted prior to this post of yours above:

Before getting into this comments i have gone through every word about what nigerians say about our country and military.anyow its pass.sorry if my comments where inflammatory.we all fight the ame foes

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.