Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (628) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5954419 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:12am On Sep 10, 2016
my nominees for Uganda

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 2:46am On Sep 10, 2016
My Nominees for Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 2:50am On Sep 10, 2016
Nominee Nigeria2

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 2:56am On Sep 10, 2016
Nominees.
Respectively:
MALI
KENYAN (in Somalia)
UGANDA troops

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarkside: 3:45am On Sep 10, 2016
giles14:
pls watch ur mouth.

u can swagg with,sit with it n it comes wit a sword in it which can b used for self-defense.
in Nigeria we bury our dead,while u Indians burn ours . costoms doctrine n tradition are different but we have to find a meeting point.

strange....what makes you think am a indian??...abomination!...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:11am On Sep 10, 2016
a
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 7:42am On Sep 10, 2016
TrueHeart365:
just saw a clip of south african task force stop a bank robbery. those robbers didn't even see it coming.grin.

and it was very professionally executed. since i can't post videos i'll recommend you follow @specialforces_archive on instagram to view it. and also follow @war.footage for some recent battlefield clips from the middle east and around the world
They aren't supposed to. grin grin

Old pictures found on the net.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 10, 2016
thedarkside:

banana leaves keh??..
its surely not a good high..!!!... grin
stop reposting pictures na pls just stop it's becoming irritating now
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 10, 2016
my nominations for nigeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarkside: 8:11am On Sep 10, 2016
rawswag:
stop reposting pictures na pls just stop it's becoming irritating now

why is it irritating for you...a picture says more than a thousand words...

you are the only one that ever complained about that to me..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 10, 2016
Moving forward, we calculate the number of photos, and nominate the favorites that would move on to the quarterfinals. In each country, we choose the photo we want to nominate for the quarterfinals, by indicating the number, for countries with multiple nominees, we would do by section. Example, Nigeria has multiple photos, we indicate the poster's moniker, "Henry240, Nigeria section 2, photo 3 nominated". Henry240, Namibia Photo 1 Etc etc.

Only photos shared this 2016 are eligible for nomination. As such,

@Rawswag your first and last photos have been disqualified from the ranking.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 10, 2016
MikeCZA:
Old pictures found on the net.
Are you in on the ranking, or you're just posting for leisure?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 10, 2016
MikeCZA:

Bad guys have been known to surrender when they hear STF is on the way. grin
The FBI HRT head was here before the World Cup and given a briefing on the security preps and the units involved. When told of the STF's Selection and training regimen, he asked, "And this is a police unit?"

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 10, 2016
Henry240:
Moving forward, we calculate the number of photos, and nominate the favorites that would move on to the quarterfinals. In each country, we choose the photo we want to nominate for the quarterfinals, by indicating the number, for countries with multiple nominees, we would do by section. Example, Nigeria has multiple photos, we indicate the poster's moniker, "Henry240, Nigeria section 2, photo 3 nominated". Henry240, Namibia Photo 1 Etc etc.

Only photos shared this 2016 are eligible for nomination. As such,

@Rawswag your first and last photos have been disqualified from the ranking.

A suggestion: categorise the photos by arm of service i.e. Army, Navy, Air Force, Health Service.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:50am On Sep 10, 2016
SA blue helmets.
Armed forces day demo.
Angolan "paratrooper".

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 10, 2016
There are a total 50 photos in all. So my nominees for the quaters are

* Henry240

Gabon

Kenya

Algeria

Mali - Photo 2

Namibia - All photos

South-Africa - Section 1, photos 1, 2, 3

South-Africa - Section 2, Photos 1, 3, 4

South-Africa- Section 3, photos 2, 3, 4

Senegal - only Photo

Nigeria - Section 1, photos 1,3,4

Nigeria - Section 2, Photos 1,2,3,4

Nigeria - Section 3, Photos 1 & 3

Uganda - Photo 1

* Jakeporeshenko

Uganda - Photo 1

* Vikkie14

Nigeria 1 - Photo 1 & 2

* Vikkie14

Mali, Kenya and Uganda

* Rawswag

Nigeria - Photo 3

My Nominees for the Quater-finals are 34 photos in all.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 10, 2016
frumentius:

A suggestion: categorise the photos by arm of service i.e. Army, Navy, Air Force, Health Service.

Good idea, all the photos are now categorised by Army, Navy, Air Force, Health, Oldies and Special Forces.

In the quarterfinal round, I'll caategorise by "arm of service".
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 10, 2016
We all have from now, 10:00am Nigerian time - 6pm Nigerian time to nominate our photos for the quarters. Nairaland.com uses Nigerian time, it is right here in this thread.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 10:20am On Sep 10, 2016
Drakkies launching flares.
Interesting choice of weapons. cool

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Katyusha(m): 10:23am On Sep 10, 2016
Henry240:
We all have from now, 10:00am Nigerian time - 6pm Nigerian time to nominate our photos for the quarters. Nairaland.com uses Nigerian time, it is right here in this thread.
I missed the first round!!! Oga Henry, pls can we play this game from time to time? BTW, our nominations could have been better.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 10, 2016
Katyusha:
I missed the first round!!! Oga Henry, pls can we play this game from time to time? BTW, our nominations could have been better.

Unfortunately, we can't continue going back, the first round is done. However you can nominate from these already posted for the quarters.

To succeed, we would require spare time, content and participation. Let's first see how this one goes.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sheyiofficial(m): 10:44am On Sep 10, 2016
The US and Russia have announced a breakthrough agreement on Syria that foresees a nationwide ceasefire starting early next week. The ceasefire will be followed by an unlikely new military partnership between the rival governments targeting Islamic State and al Qaida. At a joint news conference after a marathon day of negotiations, US secretary of state John Kerry said the plan can reduce violence in Syria and lead to a long-sought political transition, ending more than five years of bloodshed. He called the deal a potential "turning point" in the conflict, if implemented by Syria's Russian- backed government and US-supported rebel groups. The ceasefire begins at sundown Monday, Mr Kerry said, coinciding with the Muslim Eid al- Adha holiday. "Today the United States and Russia are announcing a plan which we hope will reduce violence, ease suffering and resume movement toward a negotiated peace and a political transition in Syria," Mr Kerry said. "We are announcing an arrangement that we think has the capability of sticking, but it is dependent on people's choices." "It has the ability to stick, provided the regime and the opposition both meet their obligations, which we - and we expect other supporting countries - will strongly encourage them to do," he added. Mr Kerry's negotiating partner, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, confirmed the agreement and said it could help expand the counter terrorism fight and aid deliveries to Syrian civilians under UN auspices that have been stalled for weeks. "This is just the beginning of our new relations," Mr Lavrov said. He said Syrian President Bashar Assad's government was informed of the accord, and was prepared to comply. Mr Kerry added: "The United States is going the extra mile here because we believe that Russia, and my colleague, have the capability to press the Assad regime to stop this conflict and to come to the table and make peace." Mr Kerry outlined several steps the government and rebels would have to take. They must now pull back from demilitarised zones, and allow civilian traffic and humanitarian deliveries - notably into the divided city of Aleppo where as many as 500,000 people have been killed in fighting. "If Aleppo is at peace, we believe that the prospects for a diplomatic solution will brighten," he said. "If Aleppo continues to be torn apart, the prospects for Syria and its people are grim." The deal ends months of frenetic diplomacy that included four meetings between Mr Kerry and Mr Lavrov since August 26. The arrangement hinges on Moscow pressuring Assad's government to halt all offensive operations against Syria's armed opposition and civilian areas. Washington must persuade "moderate" rebels to break ranks with the Nusra Front, al Qaida's Syria affiliate, and other extremist groups. Both sides have failed to deliver their ends of the bargain over several previous truces, but the new arrangement goes further by promising a new US-Russian counter-terrorism alliance, only a year after President Barack Obama chastised Russia for a military intervention that US officials said was mainly designed to keep Assad in power and target more moderate anti-Assad forces.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2016
Looks like Tunisian police got their hands on some typhoon MRAPs

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 10, 2016
thedarkside:

why is it irritating for you...a picture says more than a thousand words...

you are the only one that ever complained about that to me..
sorry if I was rude but it's not proper please
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 10, 2016
IbnSultaan:
jakeporeshenko :Awesome pics
thanks man cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 10, 2016
jakeporeshenko Uganda 2 vikkie14 Nigeria 1 Mali Uganda rawswag Nigeria 2 mikecza Angolan paratrooper
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
my nominees for Tunisia

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
my nominees for algeria

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
my nominees for morocco

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
nominees fom djibouti

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarkside: 12:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
rawswag:
sorry if I was rude but it's not proper please

okay....but i can not garantie you that i will completly stop,because you are the only one that had something against it till now..

but,because i respect you,i will reduce reposting photos on this thread...happy??...

i can write without pictures too,you see......... smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 12:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
@chkil: Nice.

@nemesis2u: I will like to see your pick. And apologise on the rude comment above about Indians. Some people can be painfully rude.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.