Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,909 members, 7,810,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (996) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5951286 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2017
MikeCZA:
Presidential protection unit.
Which explains the weird patterns... Are they with the police or defence?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
Some pics from the armed forces day night shoot.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 28, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Which explains the weird patterns... Are they with the police or defence?

Police.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 1:15pm On Feb 28, 2017
jln115:
Some pics from the armed forces day night shoot.

Oh lovely

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 1:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
Came across this decommissioned MI-34 helicopter on display at AFIT, Airforce base Kaduna.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 1:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
??

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 28, 2017
Henry240:

Naah, that's not me. I've shared my photo here in the past though. Most of the old thread members know what I look like. cheesy cheesy
Heheh that picture you shared on your birthday, might still have it.... na to wire funds from that your bank ohhh reach my account grin for opsec purposes.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
overhypedsteve:
activatekruger is one of the Old posters here and he is also active in the Gaming section. his 2014 open letter to the Mods contained his complaints about the activities of some Mods interfering with military threads. he also tried to use the medium(letter) to pit the mods against his long term rivals Agaugust and Naijapikin. scared that he would get bored overtime if the mods ban this two, he advised the mods not to ban them but to try and control them.
This is fvcking hilarious! grin grin grin you planing on doing these for all the forum members?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 1:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
jln115:

This is fvcking hilarious! grin grin grin you planing on doing these for all the forum members?
no. I will stop right after yours.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Heheh that picture you shared on your birthday, might still have it.... na to wire funds from that your bank ohhh reach my account grin for opsec purposes.

gringringringrin, Please Sir, don't blackmail me. You know i'm loyal na!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
overhypedsteve:
activatekruger is one of the Old posters here and he is also active in the Gaming section. his 2014 open letter to the Mods contained his complaints about the activities of some Mods interfering with military threads. he also tried to use the medium(letter) to pit the mods against his long term rivals Agaugust and Naijapikin. scared that he would get bored overtime if the mods ban this two, he advised the mods not to ban them but to try and control them.

Lmfao!!!

I remember this post. This was so hilarious, it was after the Mods kept closing and hiding comments. Very hilarious i tell you.

The fact about the matter is, the best online friends the South-Africans (Patches689, Syndergp, Activtekruger and possibly Andrewza) have are Agaugust and Naijapikingidi. I know for sure that they miss these guys a lot.

There was also that white racist South-African, @Craigb, he was also so fond of Naijapikingidi.

gringringringrin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 2:09pm On Feb 28, 2017
overhypedsteve:
no. I will stop right after yours.

Don't dig much into the Augustine VS everyone else debates.. They kinda embarrassing grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 2:52pm On Feb 28, 2017
chkil:
Mauritanian Army

just found a way to share more than 4 pics per post grin

how??..tell us...

opsss...sorry..people already said...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2017

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
In its continued bid to sustain air power supremacy over mounting security challenges in the country especially terrorism, militancy, herdsmen/rustling and banditry, the Nigerian Airforce has made another breakthrough by adapting the L-39 ZA trainer aircraft to a fighter aircraft for combat roles.

Before the feat was achieved, the L-39ZA albatross aircraft which is an update version of the L-29ZA was for years, the training aircraft for fighter pilots in the Nigerian Airforce to fly either the Alpha Jets or the now rested MIGs, Mikoyan Guverish fighter jets.

It has now been fitted with long distance rockets and canon launching and firing capabilities.

A statement by Group Captain Ayodele Famuyiwa, Director, Airforce Public Relations, noted that, “The decision to adapt the trainer was informed by the need to commit more platforms to the various Internal Security Operations in which the NAF is currently engaged.

He said, “Hitherto, the NAF had employed the L-39ZA aircraft solely for basic flying training though the aircraft is capable of undertaking light ground attack.

“However, this combat capability of the aircraft was never exploited before now because of the role to which it was employed.

“Preparatory to the new role, the NAF on Monday successfully test fired the weaponized aircraft fitted with rockets and canons.

“The firing display, was conducted at NAF Air Range in Kwenev, Makurdi, and Benue State.

“This feat marks another milestone in the drive by the current leadership of the NAF to achieve self-reliance through research and development.

“Recall that the L-39ZA aircraft was inducted into NAF inventory as a basic trainer in November 1986.

“While retaining this role, it has now been adapted to undertake light ground attack”, he said.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
IbnSultaan:
God bless

its better she learn to use her standard army boots..

when the wheather changes,her sport shoes can become a problem...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2017
chkil:

it's the same with algerian ones , i read it's because Meko A200 frigates use the Combined Diesel and Gas, CODAG-WARP propulsion package , known for its superior performance regarding acceleration, size, economy and range, along with a very innovative exhaust layout.

Seems their Meko has the same marks.

I bet its watever the Europeans use to cushion the vessel while its alongside the quay.

I think we just somma just use big tires grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
**OFF TOPIC***

(i dont know how to pm people, so I will just leave this here)

@Henry120 @AngryEastAfricanWhoAllwaysWantsPeopleToAskTheirMothersQuestions wink

We were talking about these guys a couple months back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOvBTPvsXAU

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
when you really,really,really need to kill that pesky irritating enemy

12 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
chkil:

yes only nairaland pics share

upload three pics , than submit , than modify the post by opening several windows , you can add a 4th different pic in each window and submit each one , you will get extra pics grin
I have never felt so dumb... why didint I ever think of thAt!!!!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 3:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
africaken254:
pwahahahaha, umenifanya nicheke kikwetu!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 3:58pm On Feb 28, 2017
africaken254:

Then when you start shooting, you realise how little ammunition you bought with you wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 4:08pm On Feb 28, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Don't dig much into the Augustine VS everyone else debates.. They kinda embarrassing grin
No worries mate. you ve been covered already.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2017
africaken254:
Hahaha "F*ck you and your cover"

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Hahaha "F*ck you and your cover"
north korea firing squad grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
Patchesagain:

Seems their Meko has the same marks.

I bet its watever the Europeans use to cushion the vessel while its alongside the quay.

I think we just somma just use big tires grin grin

Spieonkop had the same mark

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
Egyptian soldier in Sinai

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
off topic :Devtac Japanese company has develop unique full-face combat assault helmet

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 5:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
africaken254:
off topic :Devtac Japanese company has develop unique full-face combat assault helmet

That looks like it would reduce one's hearing ability and situational awareness, including peripheral vision.

But I'm sure the people who designed it probably took that into consideration.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:15pm On Feb 28, 2017
africaken254:

I'm not a fan of face covering "futuristic" masks... I'm no soldier but if I was, I'd prefer fighting light.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hrmnn:

That looks like it would reduce one's hearing ability and situational awareness, including peripheral vision.

But I'm sure the people who designed it probably took that into consideration.
it has cooling fans to cool the wearer head,i think it going to be used mostly by an assault team.it has graped attention of several countries and be in future we may see some countries incorporating this full face combat assault helmet in their special units or similar models made by other countries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmdGDL1LqWs

(1) (2) (3) ... (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.