Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,869 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (999) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5967796 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2017
frumentius:
Various:

1&2: 4 Recce;
3: Oliphant MK2 concentrated fire;
4: 5 Recce.

Are those MP5s with the Recces? I can't tell. ... As for the Ops-Core helmet, is it now standard?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by solbil: 6:23pm On Mar 01, 2017
guys, what do you all think about Morrocco joining ECOWAS? What are the motives? What prospects does it hold in terms of security, economy, etc? Would it be a game changer in the order of things?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
AFSF COIN

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:32pm On Mar 01, 2017
solbil:
guys, what do you all think about Morrocco joining ECOWAS? What are the motives? What prospects does it hold in terms of security, economy, etc? Would it be a game changer in the order of things?
Its very fishy
Me think these guys wantu checkmate the SADR and on d way to accomplishing that use ECoWAS

if it were up to me, I would send them a NO WAY wearing an agbada

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
solbil:

It's only a political maneuver, Morocco made a request officialy to join the European union several times but was refused, in exchange it became a privileged partner and has been recognised an advanced status, opening up to high levels of political cooperation. of the European union and sign agreements of economic exchange and facilitations

But lately Moroccan products were blocked by europeen justice because they came from the colonized Western Sahara territory and this created a diplomatic problem between Morocco and the European Union, so the demand to join Ecowas is a diplomatic poker bluff to negotiate better with the European Union specialy by using the europeen fear about immigration (west african Immigrant wave in the case morocco join ecowas )

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 01, 2017
chkil:

It's only a political maneuver, Morocco made a request officialy to join the European union several times but was refused, in exchange it became a privileged partner and has been recognised an advanced status, opening up to high levels of political cooperation. of the European union and sign agreements of economic exchange and facilitations

But lately Moroccan products were blocked by europeen justice because they came from the colonized Western Sahara territory and this created a diplomatic problem between Morocco and the European Union, so the demand to join Ecowas is a diplomatic poker bluff to negotiate better with the European Union specialy by using the europeen fear about immigration (west african Immigrant wave in the case morocco join ecowas )

Finally, someone here understands the strategic game being played here. It's not by accident that France's lackeys were the ones who were vocal that Morocco be re-admitted to the AU. Watch some of them will suddenly be exporting phosphates and other Western Saharan minerals that Morocco can no longer export to the EU.
Morocco should join her regional body, the Maghreb Union. But to do that, she'll have to satisfy Algeria she's committed to resolving the Saharawi issue -Africa's last colony. It'll be a sad day should Ecowas accede to this and throw the Saharawis under the bus.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by solbil: 7:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
Odunayaw:
Its very fishy
Me think these guys wantu checkmate the SADR and on d way to accomplishing that use ECoWAS

if it were up to me, I would send them a NO WAY wearing an agbada

should Nigeria be worried, especially when they have a decent airforce?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
*****Breaking News,

Nigeria procures 20 Yahbon Flash 20 UAVs for the Nigerian Air Force from the UAE

Nigeria's Defence Minister Mansur Dan-Ali on Wednesday,
said the country had procured modern equipment from
Russia and United Arab Emirates to fight insurgency.
Dan-Ali made this known in Abuja while briefing the Vice
President, Yemi Osinbajo on the security situation across
the country.

" contract for helicopters
from Russia for the Nigerian Air Force has been awarded
and approval for addition four of MI 35 are being awaited.
"Additionally, 20 unmanned aerial vehicles from the
United Arab Emirates have been procured by the Nigerian
Air Force to support the operation in the North East.
"This administration has also shown tremendous concern
to the welfare of troops particularly in the northeast
through prompt payment of troops' salaries and
allowances as well as improvement in medical services."

www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nigeria-buys-helicopters-vehicles-from-russia-uae-to-fight-boko-haram/187451.html

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
Nigeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
Na

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
solbil:

should Nigeria be worried, especially when they have a decent airforce?
Worried?
Nope
Jets are easy to buy , our labor in the sub region being eroded by a country's "selfish" gains shld be what shld cause worries

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
nnamdi1998:
Na

Please post new photos. All the photos you posted have been posted previously.

We want new photographs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
Burkinabe soldiers
#Flintlock17

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Are those MP5s with the Recces? I can't tell. ... As for the Ops-Core helmet, is it now standard?
There's no standard with the SF.

Mission tailored.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 7:34pm On Mar 01, 2017
Henry240:

The waters are very uneasy and rough down south in South-Africa, however i won't go as far as crediting the SA navy for the lack of pirate attacks in those waters. If this was the case, illegal fishing by foreign vessels won't also be an issue, but it is in South-African waters.

The thing with Southern African waters is, Pirates don't exist in those areas. Operation Copper is a good example, there hasn't be any single SA navy pirate take down in Mozambique were the SA navy is deployed in nearly 1 -2 years of deployment.

That's basically the difference.
Because the problem(piracy) originates from inland.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 01, 2017
Henry240:

the country.

" contract for helicopters
from Russia for the Nigerian Air Force has been awarded
and approval for addition four of MI 35 are being awaited.
"Additionally, 20 unmanned aerial vehicles from the
United Arab Emirates have been procured by the Nigerian
Air Force to support the operation in the North East.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nigeria-buys-helicopters-vehicles-from-russia-uae-to-fight-boko-haram/187451.html
same article say"y. Also, some patrol boats and other platforms have been ordered by the Nigerian Navy for outpost at Lake Chad Basin". i don't want to believe they are referring to the OCEA boats from France.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
Henry240:

The waters are very uneasy and rough down south in South-Africa, however i won't go as far as crediting the SA navy for the lack of pirate attacks in those waters. If this was the case, illegal fishing by foreign vessels won't also be an issue, but it is in South-African waters.

The thing with Southern African waters is, Pirates don't exist in those areas. Operation Copper is a good example, there hasn't be any single SA navy pirate take down in Mozambique were the SA navy is deployed in nearly 1 -2 years of deployment.

What a shallow answer (pun fully intended)! Pirates need a permissible environment to base and establish home ports. Such does not exist anywhere in SADC. As for illegal fishing, not the job of the navy, but the Department of Fisheries. DAFF has to request the Navy to apprehend culprits, or have fisheries inspectors aboard naval vessels for a legal arrest by the navy. Additionally, the whole southern Indian Ocean as far as halfway to Australia is the responsibility of SA, and there's no way we could efficiently patrol that with the number of current assets.

I really wish people could inform themselves first before spewing garbage on this forum.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
frumentius:

What a shallow answer (pun fully intended)! Pirates need a permissible environment to base and establish home ports. Such does not exist anywhere in SADC. As for illegal fishing, not the job of the navy, but the Department of Fisheries. DAFF has to request the Navy to apprehend culprits, or have fisheries inspectors aboard naval vessels for a legal arrest by the navy. Additionally, the whole southern Indian Ocean as far as halfway to Australia is the responsibility of SA, and there's no way we could efficiently patrol that with the number of current assets.

I really wish people could inform themselves first before spewing garbage on this forum.

You don't have to agree with my posts. However my comments come from South-African sources who have questioned the relevance of Op Copper. Lack of Pirate activities in Southern Africa has nothing to do with the "impeccable job" the SA navy is doing.

In my case, no pun intended.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
MikeCZA:
Because the problem(piracy) originates from inland.

This i agree with. You don't have such problems along SA coast line. Criminality in SA is mainly a mainland problem, not at sea or close to sea.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

same article say"y. Also, some patrol boats and other platforms have been ordered by the Nigerian Navy for outpost at Lake Chad Basin". i don't want to believe they are referring to the OCEA boats from France.

If it is Patrol, then we are looking at the 4 Ocea boats due to be delivered. John Holt Nigeria boats and Epenal boat deliveries.

I'm certain.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
Henry240:

You don't have to agree with my posts. However my comments come from South-African sources who have questioned the relevance of Op Copper. Lack of Pirate activities in Southern Africa has nothing to do with the "impeccable job" the SA navy is doing.

In my case, no pun intended.

Typical. You ignore what I actually said and bravely go about slaying straw-men like Op Copper that you put up.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 01, 2017
OFF topic post

Russian SSO PROMO VIDEO FROM SYRIA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCTa9VIqzu8
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
OFF topic post
Russian SSO PROMO VIDEO FROM SYRIA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCTa9VIqzu8
I'm patiently waiting for the full documentary video.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 8:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
Nigeria buys helicopters, vehicles from Russia, UAE to fight Boko Haram

Nigeria's Defence Minister Mansur Dan-Ali on Wednesday, said the country had procured modern equipment from Russia and United Arab Emirates to fight insurgency.
Dan-Ali made this known in Abuja while briefing the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo on the security situation across the country.

He said: "In order to sustain the tempo of the counter insurgency operation in the northeast, the present administration had recently procured modern equipment to enhance the combat effectiveness of our armed forces.

"Mine-resistance ambush patrol vehicles, one 20mm Motors and ammunition were being procured by the Nigerian Army. Also, some patrol boats and other platforms have been ordered by the Nigerian Navy for outpost at Lake Chad Basin while contract for helicopters from Russia for the Nigerian Air Force has been awarded and approval for addition four of MI 35 are being awaited.

"Additionally, 20 unmanned aerial vehicles from the United Arab Emirates have been procured by the Nigerian Air Force to support the operation in the North East.

"This administration has also shown tremendous concern to the welfare of troops particularly in the northeast through prompt payment of troops' salaries and allowances as well as improvement in
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nigeria-buys-helicopters-vehicles-from-russia-uae-to-fight-boko-haram/187451.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
algerian army female

their is 4 female with general grade officer in algerian army

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
Sizzorkay:
Nigeria buys helicopters, vehicles from Russia, UAE to fight Boko Haram

Nigeria's Defence Minister Mansur Dan-Ali on Wednesday, said the country had procured modern equipment from Russia and United Arab Emirates to fight insurgency.
Dan-Ali made this known in Abuja while briefing the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo on the security situation across the country.

He said: "In order to sustain the tempo of the counter insurgency operation in the northeast, the present administration had recently procured modern equipment to enhance the combat effectiveness of our armed forces.

"Mine-resistance ambush patrol vehicles, one 20mm Motors and ammunition were being procured by the Nigerian Army. Also, some patrol boats and other platforms have been ordered by the Nigerian Navy for outpost at Lake Chad Basin while contract for helicopters from Russia for the Nigerian Air Force has been awarded and approval for addition four of MI 35 are being awaited.

"Additionally, 20 unmanned aerial vehicles from the United Arab Emirates have been procured by the Nigerian Air Force to support the operation in the North East.

"This administration has also shown tremendous concern to the welfare of troops particularly in the northeast through prompt payment of troops' salaries and allowances as well as improvement in
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nigeria-buys-helicopters-vehicles-from-russia-uae-to-fight-boko-haram/187451.html
wot then happened to our old orders
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
giles14:
wot then happened to our old orders
for the mi35 or which?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
Henry240:
*****Breaking News,

Nigeria procures 20 Yahbon Flash 20 UAVs for the Nigerian Air Force from the UAE

grin and we shld find out they are gyros and not the yahbon grin
HBP at best

but 20 na bold move oo!! shocked

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 01, 2017
Henry240:

Pirates =/= Fishermen.......not the same! And the latter isnt even a SAN problem.....its the responsibility DAFF to control illegal fishing....the reason we dont have piracy is simply due to regular patrolling by SADC members.... the Southern cost is on of the busiest shipping lanes in the world, if left unpatrolled piracy would be rife.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2017
Odunayaw:
for the mi35 or which?
every order btw 2014~2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:49pm On Mar 01, 2017
guys any news on our ARA MRAP.we are already in march.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
frumentius:

Now you understand what the responsibility of the Nigerian Navy is all all that can stretch from the Territorial waters as far as Ghana , Benin, Togo, Nigeria all the way to the Gulf of Guinea and to help our Brothers as far as Sao Tome ( Nigeria has an enforceable Military Agreement).

(1) (2) (3) ... (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.