Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,918 members, 7,810,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1000) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5951317 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
giles14:
every order btw 2014~2016
Henry!!! over to you
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 9:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
Oga Frumentius.
One of our resident South African Contributor from 2015.
Believed to be in service in the SADF and is suspected to have served in the United Nations peace efforts in the restive Central African Republic( as some of his pictures may have suggested).

He constantly share his opinions on issues raised here and sometimes go into very long debates with Oga Henry. His debate with Oga Henry over the use of open Rapid Deployment Vehicles like the Hornet and the RAV FAV lasted for almost a year if not more than a year. after months and months of debates they later conceded to each other and gave our thread back to us.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 01, 2017
jln115:

Pirates =/= Fishermen.......not the same! And the latter isnt even a SAN problem.....its the responsibility DAFF to control illegal fishing....the reason we dont have piracy is simply due to regular patrolling by SADC members.... the Southern cost is on of the busiest shipping lanes in the world, if left unpatrolled piracy would be rife.

Most crime in RSA occur way inland from the seas, that's why you don't have a piracy problem. Pirates are everyday common criminals who operate at shore or in the open waters. The lack of piracy in SADAC is as a result of the fact that SA criminals do not find it to be lucrative. It has nothing to do with the SA navy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:23pm On Mar 01, 2017
guys what do u have to say about this post.
pls or feedback is vital.
https://www.nairaland.com/3658030/army-movie-hardwares-2nd-mainland
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2017
giles14:

Those guns are from the Combattantte class. Probably been repaired or replaced.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
IbnSultaan:
grin
I'll guess combatant class

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 01, 2017
giles14:

The CIWS installed on NNS Aradu... ship is finally getting scrapped

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
hmm Naval Engineers are busy grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
Nigerian navy falcon eye surveillance system

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
I'm starting to like riverine boats. A lot ! grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

The CIWS installed on NNS Aradu... ship is finally getting scrapped
tongue or refurbished
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 01, 2017
Odunayaw:
tongue or refurbished
You're still hanging on to that idea, you didn't read that article about the German team that evaluated the ship ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:30pm On Mar 01, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

You're still hanging on to that idea, you didn't read that article about the German team that evaluated the ship ?
I did tongue
but did they come to evaluate its scrapping?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
Odunayaw:
I did tongue
but did they come to evaluate its scrapping?
To give final advise I guess, decide whether or not it's worth trying to save. Honestly I don't have a thing against the ship but I just feel like NN has invested way toomuch time into wondering and pondering.... they should move on, FG should close eye and acquire some fighting ships for the navy.

We like to poke our noses into West African issues because you know,regional power and all... is say we invest in expeditional platforms for the navy.

LSD's etc. you know what I mean ?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 12:06am On Mar 02, 2017
Henry240:
Gambia
Please re-upload those combatant overhaul pictures
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 12:10am On Mar 02, 2017
Odunayaw:
tongue or refurbished

Don't think so... Why move the CIWS inland when the german team would likely be in Germany? And refurbishment wouldn't require removing the parts most of the time..dry docking the ship would be the first step... I might be wrong though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stephandeswardt: 12:41am On Mar 02, 2017
Most likely damisa. ......it has had its weapons removed post refurbishment. ...., might also be any of the other fast attack craft at the dockyard....... a lot of this ships are going to be decommissioned without the public knowing
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stephandeswardt: 12:46am On Mar 02, 2017
Aradu uses 127mm main gun....those are 76mm, the ciws (dardo) is the same as on Aradu. ....the guns with 2 barrels,and are 40mm twin bofors.....,depending on the direction the vehicles were heading.....I will say maybe dockyard or ordnance depot for storage...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:58am On Mar 02, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

We like to poke our noses into West African issues because you know,regional power and all... is say we invest in expeditional platforms for the navy.

LSD's etc. you know what I mean ?
oh yeah you speak my language!!!!

Hell I have wet dreams of the Tarlac/Makassar class

I don't see how having 2or3 of those and 4 C28A class corvette(which I'd prefer calling a light frigate) or 2 + 2 type056 corvettes doesn't smell like fruit cake to the Brass and those who control the purse!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:01am On Mar 02, 2017
If any ship is to be decommissioned, the NN would do well to honorably send these ladies to pension stands

grin I mean the kain owambe wey dem do during the mushak own grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stephandeswardt: 1:06am On Mar 02, 2017
Odunayaw:
If any ship is to be decommissioned, the NN would do well to honorably send these ladies to pension stands

grin I mean the kain owambe wey dem do during the mushak own grin

Don't be too sure
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 3:18am On Mar 02, 2017
chkil:

It's only a political maneuver, Morocco made a request officialy to join the European union several times but was refused, in exchange it became a privileged partner and has been recognised an advanced status, opening up to high levels of political cooperation. of the European union and sign agreements of economic exchange and facilitations

But lately Moroccan products were blocked by europeen justice because they came from the colonized Western Sahara territory and this created a diplomatic problem between Morocco and the European Union, so the demand to join Ecowas is a diplomatic poker bluff to negotiate better with the European Union specialy by using the europeen fear about immigration (west african Immigrant wave in the case morocco join ecowas )
Yes this is from Morocco eyes... They want a position is ok. For me in geo politics the only thing im concern about is Nigeria. Morocco in Ecowas+ the gas pipeline, it will ve more dificult now to support Western Sahara. If Morocco is in ecowas I dont think that Western Sahara storie will continue because it is in fact the african countries who are for western sahara.
90% of the world phosphat in the hand of Morocco thats what im afraid of... In terms of power in the Region Nigeria will still be the powerful but Morocco will be very disturbing... If Morocco is not afraid of France it is not Nigeria that will make them think twice ... The futur will tell us ...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 3:30am On Mar 02, 2017
Henry240:

Most crime in RSA occur way inland from the seas, that's why you don't have a piracy problem. Pirates are everyday common criminals who operate at shore or in the open waters. The lack of piracy in SADAC is as a result of the fact that SA criminals do not find it to be lucrative. It has nothing to do with the SA navy.

And what is NOT lucrative about taking a ship hostage and demanding millions of dollars ransom? But okay....lets rather steal R100 000 in a bank robbery, R100 000 goes a lot further grin

There is crime in Cape Town, Durban, P.E and hundreds of other spots along the coast. Literally a 15 minute drive to the coast. "Way inland"....desperation

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:48am On Mar 02, 2017
Odunayaw:
oh yeah you speak my language!!!!

Hell I have wet dreams of the Tarlac/Makassar class

I don't see how having 2or3 of those and 4 C28A class corvette(which I'd prefer calling a light frigate) or 2 + 2 type056 corvettes doesn't smell like fruit cake to the Brass and those who control the purse!!!
Hehehe what is with this Makassar LSD is it the price?, if you see how Beegs take beg FG for this ship on twitter.... anyways those days are gone everybody don drop go gear 1 cheesy as for me "I am now in a constant state of sidon look"
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:31am On Mar 02, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Hehehe what is with this Makassar LSD is it the price?, if you see how Beegs take beg FG for this ship on twitter.... anyways those days are gone everybody don drop go gear 1 cheesy as for me "I am now in a constant state of sidon look"
yahh...the price, good value for money

grin my own Sidon look don start teytey

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:30am On Mar 02, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Nigerian navy falcon eye surveillance system

This is the Falcon Eye station in Calabar?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 02, 2017
PHOTO NEWS: Regiment Personnel undergoing training on ‘Back-Door Gunner’ at the Regiment Training Centre, take part in Air-to-ground shooting range exercise in Kachia, Kaduna State

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:46am On Mar 02, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 02, 2017
PHOTO NEWS: The Imo State Governor, His Excellency Owelle Rochas Okorocha, yesterday performed the Ground Breaking Ceremony of the newly established 211 Regiment Group, Nigerian Air Force in Owerri

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 02, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 5:51am On Mar 02, 2017
NAF AIRLIFTS NIGERIANS STRANDED IN MALI

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has airlifted some stranded Nigerians in Mali back home. The Nigerian Embassy in Bamako leveraged on the NAF Charlie-130 Hercules aircraft to airlift these Nigerians that were victims of human trafficking. The deportees range between 16 - 28 years of age were received on arrival in Nigeria by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Diaspora and Foreign Affairs, Mrs Abike Dabiri Erewa and officials of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP). The successful repatriation of these Nigerians was as a result of collaboration between the Nigerian Embassy and the Malian authorities anchored on mutual agreement. The Nigeria Consular Officer in Mali, Mr Abubakar Audu accompanied the deportees to Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.