Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 (36198 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Named UEFA's Best Player For 2013/2014 / Andres Iniesta 2012 UEFA Best Player / Cristiano Ronaldo & Messi Among The 32 Nominees For Uefa's Best Player In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2013
ddippset: dude are you for real? I guess because he has been graBbing all the ballon d'ors and other individual awards he should be ignored right? This award is for all players playing in all the leagues in europe. A player who won the pichichi with 46 goals, won the european golden shoe with 60 goals, did what had never been done in the history of european football- scored consecutively against all league opponents, led his team to the championsa league semi finals, led his team to the la liga title with a record 100 points and by a record 15 points. Such a player should not be nominated because a group of 11 players teamed to win the champions league? Please say something else, please!
All this is tales by moonlight without trophies to show for it!
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by barackohandso(m): 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2013
kolamilan: truth is bitter.

Truth might be bitter but not in this case, the truth is "Messi's the best" & it isn't bitter to me, as a matter of fact its so sweet.

NB: Where is it written that you must prove yourself at more than one club to be considered the best? I don't expect everyone to love messi, but the fact is whether there's a Xavi & iniesta beside him or not, he's the best.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by barackohandso(m): 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2013
A-40:

Which trophy isn't there to show for it, did Barca not win the league? Abi trophy don get another meaning ni?
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by barackohandso(m): 7:02pm On Aug 10, 2013
A-40:

Awe gbagbe! Barca has dropped down a few notches since 2011! I can confidently say that over the last two seasons it has been a very one-dimensional team

Everything at Barca revolves round Messi which is why we can see considerable dropoffs in any major tournament that is also why Messi can go to a world cup and not score a single goal for the Albiceleste and also flop at the Copa America in his own homeland

At Bayern Mandzukic or Gomez would not score 100 goals because guys like Robben,Muller,Schweinsteiger,Kroos,Shaqiri,Ribery,Pizarro would also chip in their fair share

Bayern had 6 players that scored in double digits in all competitions last season! 9 that scored at least 8 goals! Can we say the same for Barca?

We realized the one player scoring 40+ goals per season thing is not the formula for success (look up Gomez) we finished trophyless with a one man offense

What is the use of scoring 50 goals with no trophy to show for it? Football is a team sport first and foremost all individual accolades has to tie to some form of team achievement

Your argument that Barca has dropped down over the past few years is a reasonable one. No team is immortal, but going trophyless? NO.

As much as football is a team sport, respect has to be shown to whoever the best is. Messi never scores this much goals without trophies to show for them, both individual & team.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by kolamilan(m): 7:10pm On Aug 10, 2013
too many fake people on this thread that wont say the truth.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
kolamilan: If that is the case in what you are saying, why didn't Wesley Sneijder win it in 2010 he was the main man at inter when they won the the treble and he dragged Holland to the World Cup final but yet Messi won it that year, don't get me wrong messi is a unbelievable player but seems FIFA change the
rules year in year out to suit the little man??
why can't guys be real? Fifa does not give these awards, its a democratic process, even yobo and keshi are entitled to their votes. Messi won at leAst 5 best player awards last year independent of fifa but like they always do, they still come out shouting fifa fifa fifa. O my!
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
A-40:

Awe gbagbe! Barca has dropped down a few notches since 2011! I can confidently say that over the last two seasons it has been a very one-dimensional team

Everything at Barca revolves round Messi which is why we can see considerable dropoffs in any major tournament that is also why Messi can go to a world cup and not score a single goal for the Albiceleste and also flop at the Copa America in his own homeland

At Bayern Mandzukic or Gomez would not score 100 goals because guys like Robben,Muller,Schweinsteiger,Kroos,Shaqiri,Ribery,Pizarro would also chip in their fair share

Bayern had 6 players that scored in double digits in all competitions last season! 9 that scored at least 8 goals! Can we say the same for Barca?

We realized the one player scoring 40+ goals per season thing is not the formula for success (look up Gomez) we finished trophyless with a one man offense

What is the use of scoring 50 goals with no trophy to show for it? Football is a team sport first and foremost all individual accolades has to tie to some form of team achievement
it's either u didn't wAtch the world cup and the copa or u are deliberately being mischievous. In those 2 tournaments messi was the best player argentina had. A carlos tevez penalty stood between argentina and the copa final but he blew it. And as alwAys, the greatest player in history took the blame. Higuain scored All the goals in the world cup but higuain was not half as good as messi in south africa. Everything good thing argentina did in the world cup cAme tru messi and here u are calling him a flop.u didn't watch the world cup you only saw the goal highlights.if messi played in that bayern attack, none will get those double digits and will be the top assist provider. Bayern has no player like messi so give him more props. Messi is the player all your bayern bois want to be like when they grow up. 50 goals without trophies? This guy is ridiculous. His goals have given his club at least 16 trophies since his 4-0 one night stAnd with your bayern munich.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2013
A-40:

17 trophies in 6 seasons- by messi goals.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 8:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
barack_o_handso:

Your argument that Barca has dropped down over the past few years is a reasonable one. No team is immortal, but going trophyless? NO.

As much as football is a team sport, respect has to be shown to whoever the best is. Messi never scores this much goals without trophies to show for them, both individual & team.
For the mere fact that Barcelona were beaten a combined 7-0 in their most important game of the season is enough to not give Messi that award! I repeat he plays in a system that enables him score that many goals! He only won the La Liga last season in Europe he was outplayed by at least 4 players (Ronaldo,Muller,Ribery,Lewandowski) so how can he be the best simply because he was able to score a bunch of goals against Getafe,Levante and Osasuna

barack_o_handso:

Which trophy isn't there to show for it, did Barca not win the league? Abi trophy don get another meaning ni?
I said trophies! I didn't say trophy! I know he won a trophy last season
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2013
Outplayed by ronaldo? Ronaldo could never outplay messi in football. Ever since he got to la liga he's been dying in messi's shadow. As for ribery muller lewa, I can only say laughable. A goal against every league opponent including 3 against madrid. Goals against milan, moscow. If he was fit he must score bayern like he proved when he was fit 4 years ago.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 9:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
ddippset: it's either u didn't wAtch the world cup and the copa or u are deliberately being mischievous. In those 2 tournaments messi was the best player argentina had. A carlos tevez penalty stood between argentina and the copa final but he blew it. And as alwAys, the greatest player in history took the blame. Higuain scored All the goals in the world cup but higuain was not half as good as messi in south africa. Everything good thing argentina did in the world cup cAme tru messi and here u are calling him a flop.u didn't watch the world cup you only saw the goal highlights.
Ahahahaha so you can admit that a player does not have to score 1000 goals before they can be effective! I can wager I watched more games in the World Cup and Copa America than you did! How can you even give such a smelly excuse about Argentina being a penalty away from the Final when they didn't even make the semis? They where one man down yet a Messi led team could not beat them

So if a Messi that failed in all major national tournaments be considered for awards then how much more Ribery that won all for his club?

Keep gassing yourself Messi can never be the greatest till he wins trophies for his country! There is no all-time great that has not led his country to at least a World Cup final especially someone like Messi who is fortunate to have been born in a footballing superpower like Argentina

ddippset:
if messi played in that bayern attack, none will get those double digits and will be the top assist provider. Bayern has no player like messi so give him more props. Messi is the player all your bayern bois want to be like when they grow up. 50 goals without trophies? This guy is ridiculous. His goals have given his club at least 16 trophies since his 4-0 one night stAnd with your bayern munich.
Lool you are a comedian! That Messi is able to score so many goals is a testament to how badly Barca has fallen! No options in attack! Dey there dey deceive yourself! You have been disgraced by your rivals over the last couple of seasons and suprise suprise its coincided with Messi's most prolific seasons that should tell you something

We don't need your Messi biko keep him! The same Messi wey chop 7-0 and wey also chop 4-0 when him face Mannschaft. Messi's lord and master Bastian Schweinsteiger is already at Bayern

ddippset: 17 trophies in 6 seasons- by messi goals.
We are talking about last season abeg

kolamilan: too many fake people on this thread that wont say the truth.
No mind them the year Ronaldo outscored Messi they said Messi won more titles. 11/12 season Ronaldo won the more important title but they said Messi scored more goals! The bias is infinite

Iniesta won the same award last season with less than 10 goals I didn't see Barca fans crying about Messi deserving the award
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2013
ddippset: Outplayed by ronaldo? Ronaldo could never outplay messi in football. Ever since he got to la liga he's been dying in messi's shadow. As for ribery muller lewa, I can only say laughable. A goal against every league opponent including 3 against madrid. Goals against milan, moscow. If he was fit he must score bayern like he proved when he was fit 4 years ago.
Yes outplayed! At least Ronaldo does not go to major tournaments and choke! 9 games in major tournaments and no goal to show for it! What a phocking disgrace! and this is supposed to be the best player to ever kick a ball? I laugh in Chidi Lloyd

Hehehehe like he scored against Chelsea ba? Like he scored against Die Mannschaft? Abeg comot for here
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by barackohandso(m): 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
A-40:

For the mere fact that Barcelona were beaten a combined 7-0 in their most important game of the season is enough to not give Messi that award! I repeat he plays in a system that enables him score that many goals! He only won the La Liga last season in Europe he was outplayed by at least 4 players (Ronaldo,Muller,Ribery,Lewandowski) so how can he be the best simply because he was able to score a bunch of goals against Getafe,Levante and Osasuna

I can't believe I'm reading this, "Messi should not win the award because Bayern defeated Barca"? A two legged affair in which Barca conceded 4 & 3 goals respectively, not all 7 in a game. A game in which Messi played just 90minutes out of 180. A semi-final & not the FINAL match (I don't see how its Barca's most important match).

Footballing greats like Figo, Rivaldo, Delima Ronaldo, Maradona, Cryuff, Di stefano et al have all played in this same system you claim messi's playing in without registering the amount of goals he does per season. Even all of these players & more have all considered it an honor to watch Messi play.

And how in the world did Ronaldo, Ribery, Muller & Lewy outclass Messi in Europe? (Hope you know Messi played lesser matches compared to all these players?)
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by barackohandso(m): 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
A-40:

Yes outplayed! At least Ronaldo does not go to major tournaments and choke! 9 games in major tournaments and no goal to show for it! What a phocking disgrace! and this is supposed to be the best player to ever kick a ball? I laugh in Chidi Lloyd

Hehehehe like he scored against Chelsea ba? Like he scored against Die Mannschaft? Abeg comot for here

Beef beef beef. Just make sure you cook them well.
Major tournaments that happen once in 4years is your criteria. Talking about tournaments, how many goals has Ronaldo scored in them? Messi can beat his chest that he has at the very least won something for his country, can't say same for Ronaldo though. Get your facts right; MESSI HAS A WORLD CUP GOAL.

Is there an award given for scoring against Chelsea, or is Chelsea as big a club as the likes of Real Madrid, AC Milan, Manchester United which Messi has scored against, or does Chelsea play in the Spanish la liga.

Like I said, its all beef. I know even if Messi wins the world cup, y'all will find another excuse to discredit him. Funny enough, he has 4 Ballon D'ors already without the world cup. I can only imagine how many he'll get when he wins it.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2013
A-40:

Ahahahaha so you can admit that a player does not have to score 1000 goals before they can be effective! I can wager I watched more games in the World Cup and Copa America than you did! How can you even give such a smelly excuse about Argentina being a penalty away from the Final when they didn't even make the semis? They where one man down yet a Messi led team could not beat them

So if a Messi that failed in all major national tournaments be considered for awards then how much more Ribery that won all for his club?

Keep gassing yourself Messi can never be the greatest till he wins trophies for his country! There is no all-time great that has not led his country to at least a World Cup final especially someone like Messi who is fortunate to have been born in a footballing superpower like Argentina

Lool you are a comedian! That Messi is able to score so many goals is a testament to how badly Barca has fallen! No options in attack! Dey there dey deceive yourself! You have been disgraced by your rivals over the last couple of seasons and suprise suprise its coincided with Messi's most prolific seasons that should tell you something

We don't need your Messi biko keep him! The same Messi wey chop 7-0 and wey also chop 4-0 when him face Mannschaft. Messi's lord and master Bastian Schweinsteiger is already at Bayern

We are talking about last season abeg

No mind them the year Ronaldo outscored Messi they said Messi won more titles. 11/12 season Ronaldo won the more important title but they said Messi scored more goals! The bias is infinite

Iniesta won the same award last season with less than 10 goals I didn't see Barca fans crying about Messi deserving the award
a goal less messi is more effective than a one million goal ronaldo. Ribery doesn't and can never come close. Bayern munich does not have a player close to being as good as messi. Why not humble yourself and live with this fact? Zidane would never have won the world cup without the makaleles, the thurams, the deschamps, the leobofs, the lizarazus,of this world, ronaldo would never without the carloses, the cafus, the lucios,the ronaldinhos etc of this world. Messi hasa a mediocre midfield and a deicheles anchored defence. With this present squad argentina would never wint the world cup. One man never wins a world cup. Messi has his olympic gold and his junior world cup. He doesn't have to win the world cup he is already arguably the greatest of all time. That's why he's so good. He breaks norms. And when the he1l did ronaldo outscore messi? It has never happened. When? In 10/11 they both had 53 goals. In 11/12 messi had 72 ronald 60. Why do you lie to yourself like you're jonah jang?
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2013
A-40:

if you be a governor you be worse than a jonah jang like I said b4. Ronaldo ias a serial tournament choker! Messi has his olympic gold. Ronaldo has no spoon for portugal. And pls don't tell me it'as not a major tournament cus u be running around buck n.aked if your country won it.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 10:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
Keep it going barak o handsome. You are so on point. This dude is a bayern fan who's so mad he's never had a footballer as good as messi.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 10:34pm On Aug 10, 2013
A-40:

I give you an assignment. Go to wikipedia and see how every single record in la liga belongs to messi coupled with the fact that messi is more suCcessful than ronaldo on international level. Then go to google and read robben's and ribery's comments saying they want to be like messi when they grow up. And you re here playing SAN for them.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by barackohandso(m): 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
Nice @ ddippset. Haters'll always hate no matter what.
For the Bayern fans, lest they forget, Bayern were two seasons trophyless before winning last year's treble, Messi dug up their legend's 40year old record & even passed it (Muller himself said he's never seen a player like Messi), Schweinstiger himself hailed Barca, calling them the best after Bayern beat Barca 7-0, & Messi scored when Barca beat Bayern 5-1 on the way to winning the treble in 2009. We need to refresh people's memory

1 Like

Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dmcdad: 1:03am On Aug 11, 2013
barack_o_handso:

This critic line has become dry, we don hear am so tay e no dey freak us again, find another one abeg
Exactly!
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dmcdad: 1:09am On Aug 11, 2013
barack_o_handso:

Truth might be bitter but not in this case, the truth is "Messi's the best" & it isn't bitter to me, as a matter of fact its so sweet.

NB: Where is it written that you must prove yourself at more than one club to be considered the best? I don't expect everyone to love messi, but the fact is whether there's a Xavi & iniesta beside him or not, he's the best.
They are forgetting something. .. Every great player has their partners; Pele, Maradona, Messi, Cruyff, Ronaldinho just to name a few. It's normal for a player to have a partner that supports and that is why football is a team game even though some people prove to be far more talented than others and therefore take games to their opponents.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dmcdad: 1:11am On Aug 11, 2013
ddippset: why can't guys be real? Fifa does not give these awards, its a democratic process, even yobo and keshi are entitled to their votes. Messi won at leAst 5 best player awards last year independent of fifa but like they always do, they still come out shouting fifa fifa fifa. O my!
Bruv... You can't convince haters hook, line and sinker. They must always come up with something new to hate Barca or Messi for... We are already used to it.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dmcdad: 1:11am On Aug 11, 2013
ddippset: why can't guys be real? Fifa does not give these awards, its a democratic process, even yobo and keshi are entitled to their votes. Messi won at leAst 5 best player awards last year independent of fifa but like they always do, they still come out shouting fifa fifa fifa. O my!
Bruv... You can't convince haters hook, line and sinker. They must always come up with something new to hate Barca or Messi for... We are already used to it...
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dmcdad: 1:26am On Aug 11, 2013
A-40:

Sorry to say bro but you are proving to me by the minutes how shalow you can think at least as regards football or are you just being biase? Messi was outplayed by Ronaldo? CR7 or the real one? Lol. Scored bunch of goals against lesser teams like Osasuna, Levante and Getafé. Good! I guess Ronaldo didn't play these teams too. Or did he? C'mon! Don't be biased. Ronaldo played a total of 55matches and scored 55goals. What a wonderful achievement! But that achievement becomes less wonderful when you considers what Messi did; played 50 matches and scored 60goals. Now you wanna compare their game per goal ratio? Not to even mention that about 6 of the matches Messi played last season he came from bench, playing just 30minutes or less.

Whichever way you wanna see it, Messi outshined Ronaldo in all ramifications. And need I remind you that Ronaldo didn't win even a stainless spoon (unless the spanish supercup has become a major trophy to you).He didn't break and or set any special record. or did he? Apart from scoring in six straight consecutive champions league matches. Can we talk about Messi now? Won the La-Liga with a record 100 points and scoring 46 league goals in the process. Scored in 19 consecutive league opponents, and also winning the European golden shoe award in the process.

What more can you ask for?
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dmcdad: 1:34am On Aug 11, 2013
barack_o_handso: Nice @ ddippset. Haters'll always hate no matter what.
For the Bayern fans, lest they forget, Bayern were two seasons trophyless before winning last year's treble, Messi dug up their legend's 40year old record & even passed it (Muller himself said he's never seen a player like Messi), Schweinstiger himself hailed Barca, calling them the best after Bayern beat Barca 7-0, & Messi scored when Barca beat Bayern 5-1 on the way to winning the treble in 2009. We need to refresh people's memory
I think they need healing and miracles to make them see again cause they have been blinded
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by kolamilan(m): 5:55am On Aug 11, 2013
barack_o_handso: Nice @ ddippset. Haters'll always hate no matter what.
and let refresh your memory too because No team has ever lost a semi-final match by 4 goals.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by royale442(m): 8:30am On Aug 11, 2013
kolamilan: If that is the case in what you are saying, why didn't Wesley Sneijder win it in 2010 he was the main man at inter when they won the the treble and he dragged Holland to the World Cup final but yet Messi won it that year, don't get me wrong messi is a unbelievable player but seems FIFA change the
rules year in year out to suit the little man??
so tell me why Burak Yilmaz of Galatasary wasn't included in the top 10, he was the highest goal scorer in the Turkish league and also scored about 8 goals in the champs league last season.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by kolamilan(m): 9:36am On Aug 11, 2013
royale442: so tell me why Burak Yilmaz of Galatasary wasn't included in the top 10, he was the highest goal scorer in the Turkish league and also scored about 8 goals in the champs league last season.
in case of wesley am not taking about his performance at inter alone but also at the world cup and am sure you know the criteria of choosing a world best the same year when a worldcup is being played.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 10:21am On Aug 11, 2013
kolamilan: in case of wesley am not taking about his performance at inter alone but also at the world cup and am sure you know the criteria of choosing a world best the same year when a worldcup is being played.
you guys just need more information in your lives. There are no criteria. Voting is done and the winner is announced, and as the oga at the top said, daz all.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 4:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
barack_o_handso:
I can't believe I'm reading this, "Messi should not win the award because Bayern defeated Barca"? A two legged affair in which Barca conceded 4 & 3 goals respectively, not all 7 in a game. A game in which Messi played just 90minutes out of 180. A semi-final & not the FINAL match (I don't see how its Barca's most important match).
Please believe it! Messi does not deserve to be the best when there is another team out there that can beat his by a combined 7 goals! Who cares if he only showed up for the first game? He might have as well not played its not like he coulda changed the outcome

Don't be basic! The Semi Final was Barca's most important game last season since Barca did not make it to the Finals! Sheesh

barack_o_handso:
Footballing greats like Figo, Rivaldo, Delima Ronaldo, Maradona, Cryuff, Di stefano et al have all played in this same system you claim messi's playing in without registering the amount of goals he does per season. Even all of these players & more have all considered it an honor to watch Messi play.
Only that most of these players have performed for their national teams as well! Shining in major tournaments whereas Messi cannot score to save his village outside Barcelona. Let's not also forget the significant upgrade in quality that Messi & Barcelona had compared to the era of names you listed earlier

barack_o_handso:
And how in the world did Ronaldo, Ribery, Muller & Lewy outclass Messi in Europe? (Hope you know Messi played lesser matches compared to all these players?)
Of course they did! And whose fault is it that Messi played less games? Leave that your story for tortoise! Ronaldo outscored him, Lewandowski outscored him as well, Muller destroyed his team and Ribery helped us to win the Final

barack_o_handso:
Beef beef beef. Just make sure you cook them well.
Major tournaments that happen once in 4years is your criteria. Talking about tournaments, how many goals has Ronaldo scored in them? Messi can beat his chest that he has at the very least won something for his country, can't say same for Ronaldo though. Get your facts right; MESSI HAS A WORLD CUP GOAL.
Hahaha I didn't say Messi did not have a World Cup goal! I only referred to the two major tournaments Messi featured in when he was supposedly the best player in the World

And more hahahahaha for you! are you asking me how many major tournaments Cristiano Ronaldo has scored in? I can see your footie knowledge is limited to Messi and Barcelona! Ronaldo has scored in each and every of the last 5 major tournaments he's played in (Euro 04,WC 06,Euro 08,WC 10,Euro 12)
Ronaldo is a stand-up guy for Portugal not a serial choker like Messi is for Argentina

And what are you talking about Messi has won something for country? Semi-professional/amateur Olympic and age grade competition is what you classify as winning! You are really desperate! Desperado l'omo

barack_o_handso:
Is there an award given for scoring against Chelsea, or is Chelsea as big a club as the likes of Real Madrid, AC Milan, Manchester United which Messi has scored against, or does Chelsea play in the Spanish la liga.
No your friend claimed Messi would have scored had he been fit and I gave instances of matches he featured in and didn't do nada

barack_o_handso:
Like I said, its all beef. I know even if Messi wins the world cup, y'all will find another excuse to discredit him. Funny enough, he has 4 Ballon D'ors already without the world cup. I can only imagine how many he'll get when he wins it.
He can start by at least leading his team to a World Cup Final! Even ordinary Copa America! Let him show us he is not useless outside Barca

1 Like

Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
A-40:

Please believe it! Messi does not deserve to be the best when there is another team out there that can beat his by a combined 7 goals! Who cares if he only showed up for the first game? He might have as well not played its not like he coulda changed the outcome

Don't be basic! The Semi Final was Barca's most important game last season since Barca did not make it to the Finals! Sheesh

Only that most of these players have performed for their national teams as well! Shining in major tournaments whereas Messi cannot score to save his village outside Barcelona. Let's not also forget the significant upgrade in quality that Messi & Barcelona had compared to the era of names you listed earlier

Of course they did! And whose fault is it that Messi played less games? Leave that your story for tortoise! Ronaldo outscored him, Lewandowski outscored him as well, Muller destroyed his team and Ribery helped us to win the Final

Hahaha I didn't say Messi did not have a World Cup goal! I only referred to the two major tournaments Messi featured in when he was supposedly the best player in the World

And more hahahahaha for you! are you asking me how many major tournaments Cristiano Ronaldo has scored in? I can see your footie knowledge is limited to Messi and Barcelona! Ronaldo has scored in each and every of the last 5 major tournaments he's played in (Euro 04,WC 06,Euro 08,WC 10,Euro 12)
Ronaldo is a stand-up guy for Portugal not a serial choker like Messi is for Argentina

And what are you talking about Messi has won something for country? Semi-professional/amateur Olympic and age grade competition is what you classify as winning! You are really desperate! Desperado l'omo

No your friend claimed Messi would have scored had he been fit and I gave instances of matches he featured in and didn't do nada

He can start by at least leading his team to a World Cup Final! Even ordinary Copa America! Let him show us he is not useless outside Barca
iam playing a team sport and my team gets beat 20-0, and because of that I cannot be the best in the world! This aint tennis, your math doesn't add up! Bayern game was the most important? How? What if barca had not made that great milan comeback or if barca had beaten bayern? Would that still be the most important game? It was only the last game not the most important. Again your math doesn't add up! Ronaldo outscored messi? Ronaldo 55, messi 60, again like mr jang you are telling us 55 is greater than 60.for the umpteenth time your math doesn't add up! Ronaldo should convert his one one goals into trophies. The portugese people cannot lift goals, they need trophies to lift. Messi has given his compatriots an olympic gold and a junior world cup trophy to lift. Age grade or no age grade! World cup or no world cup, copa america or no copa america messi is top 3 greatest in history, ronaldo isn't top 20. He still has 2 world cupas and 2 copa americas to play. He will win for argentina. That coupled with one more ballon dor he would be the greatest footballer in the history of mankind. UNDISPUTED!
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
People get so petty. People need to watch games and not highlights. A typical case study is the nigeria versus argentina match world cup 2010. Messi was the boss on the pitch. Messi was the best player for 90 mins. Enyeama was made man of the match because messi should have scored 6. At the end of the day someone says he flopped becos he didn't score. Higuain scored like 5 but he wasn't half as good as messi. And someone says he flopped becos he didn't score! Argentina needs to get a good coach and stop depending on a defence made by demicheles or otamendi and a masacherano at midfield. The team must help messi. He could never do it alone. Ronaldo de lima would never have won the world cup without carlos, cafu ,kaka, ronaldinho,rivaldo, edmilson. And all of a sudden, ronaldo single handedely won the world cup for brazil! Zidane would never have won the world cup without thuram, desaily, lizarAzu, makalele, vieira, henry, and all of a sudden zidane single handedly won the world cup for france!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Carabao Cup: Bristol City Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 20th December 2017 / Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 / FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.