Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,420 members, 7,819,514 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 (36227 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Named UEFA's Best Player For 2013/2014 / Andres Iniesta 2012 UEFA Best Player / Cristiano Ronaldo & Messi Among The 32 Nominees For Uefa's Best Player In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dmcdad: 2:35am On Aug 12, 2013
kolamilan: what is your criteria of choosing europe or world best is it by the goal scored or what ? And i want you to remember that cannavarro didn't score many goals before he was named the world best.
It was more than obvious that the world best was suppose to go to Zidane irrespective of whether they won or not. But, as it seemed, he blew his chances away with just that single act of indiscipline.

Besides, a lot are considered when dishing out the award and not necessarily goals scored but your input on the team's general play.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dmcdad: 2:40am On Aug 12, 2013
A-40:

Loooool I brought stats from ESPN soccernet this tumfulu brought stats from messivsronaldo.net a site probably created by a halfwit like him

Koller played for Portugal? Hahahahaha

Ronaldo's contribution for Portugal dwarfs Messi's for Argentina that's all I'm saying

I never said Ronaldo is better than Messi you phool! Go through all my posts! I brought the comparison to show that Messi can never be the greatest if he doesn't perform for Argentina a feat even Ronaldo had accomplished

Shut up you unrepentant w@nker! You think everyone is s€xx starved like you?

If you have any shame you would refund every cent to whoever sponsored your education! The 55 goals Ronaldo scored emanated from you and your gang of ret@rds! If it is inaccurate then we can add that to your lengthy list of gaffes

Now tell us if Messi scored the same number of goals Ronaldo did in 10/11 then why didn't he share the European Golden Shoe with Ronaldo? You are the biggest idi0t in the world if you fail to do so
You are proving by the day how childish you are... What are the insults for? Dang! Enough! Since you can't argue with stats and facts anymore, you have resorted to using silly words which are uncalled-for. I am too big to start doing that with you....

I'm out!
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dmcdad: 2:44am On Aug 12, 2013
#Unfollowing this thread straight-up! No time to receive insults from...
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by barackohandso(m): 3:49am On Aug 12, 2013
kolamilan: and let refresh your memory too because No team has ever lost a semi-final match by 4 goals.

Lame point. No team has lost by a four goal margin in the semis but there've been four & more goals in the quarters, knockout & final stages. The point is whether its group stage or knockout stage, you either win or lose, either by one goal or ten. I wonder what difference a goal would have made when a team is losing by four goals in the last minute. Lame lame point
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by lorddeni: 10:47am On Aug 12, 2013
Easy on the debate guys, why can't we just learn to appreciate both Messi & CR7 rather than going for each other's jugular this side of the world?
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 1:30pm On Aug 12, 2013
dmcdad:
You are proving by the day how childish you are... What are the insults for? Dang! Enough! Since you can't argue with stats and facts anymore, you have resorted to using silly words which are uncalled-for. I am too big to start doing that with you....

I'm out!
Insults are not enough for you oye kan gba oju e! Cos that's what woulda been your fate in real life! You pasted a stats that was inaccurate then phoolishly asked me to start counting when and in which competition these goals were scored? Do you suffer Alzheimer's or did you not know the 55 goals originated from you in the first place?

You are too big alright. . Too big of a phool to own up to your own errors! Smell you later

ddippset: your research took too long I slept off. You have refused to stop advertising your stup1dity. Soon we will start billing you by the second and I be a billionaire by the break of dawn. Pls save ypurself the embarrasment ok. Messi and ronaldo were tied at 53 goals 10/11 season. The point isn't whether you brought the 55 goals issue, the point is that it's the fact and you looked the other way when I wrote it because it suited you.
What a pity! Its obvious your parents have used your intelligence for money rituals. I was told the only way to break the hex on you is to butcher them and melt their parts in a tub filled with sulphuric acid

I ask you again since Messi and Ronaldo scored the same number of goals that year why didn't they award the Golden Shoe to both of them? That is the question you and your partner in tomfoolery have been unable to answer

Suited me? If I'm guilty of anything its underestimating the depths of your dumbness! You and your bestial twin posted those stats its on yall to defend it not me

ddippset:
Ronaldo's contribution dwarfed messi's for country because a midget brain says so? argentina was a super power back then and that means it will be forever? If you are still trying to prove ronaldo has performed more for portugal than messi for argentina then the gene of ignorance must run so deep in your lineage. If I got a naira for everything stupid you said tonight I' be a billionaire already. It is better to be stvpid and be quiet and leave people doubting than talk and leave people without a doubt.
The stats are there for all of mankind to see
8 goals is greater than 3 on any part of this planet unless we want to add illiteracy to your many handicaps

You are a billionare in phoolishness already nobody can steal your endless riches in that department

ddippset:
U still insist your argument is that you can be the best without ascoring and yet u jump at every opportunity to say messi didn't score for argentina and that's your sole reason for calling him a flop while according to you ronaldo has achieved for portugal becos he ascored as a couple of goals.
This ret@rd is beyond redemption! Your parents no try for you! You are so basic you do not even realize your arguments are being used against you

You must have been born out of legitimacy! It would be a darn shame if people actually rejoiced at your birth! Your continued existence is a shyte-brick in the cathedral of mankind

ddippset:
As for messi, my point is this-bring in the goals he is the best, remove the goals- he is the best. All up in your face.
You couldn't be smart for once even to save your own life. Damn you one dvmb n1gga, suicide is the only way out for you mr ronaldo's stan.
I'm sure you would happily let Messi r@pe your wife and sodomize your kids since he can do no wrong in your eyes! Ewu!

@kolamilan
Bruv no vex but someone needs to school these suckas
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by barackohandso(m): 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2013
Dang damn!!!

Did it really have to get to this? Insults & abusive e-words, REALLY? Just for buttressing a point(s)?

As if UEFA gives a rat's ugly behind what points we make here on nairaland. Its childish, annoying & silly to say the least.

The mod in charge of this section should lock this thread up if this is what's left of this topic.

Sheesh!
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 3:33pm On Aug 12, 2013
A-40:

Insults are not enough for you oye kan gba oju e! Cos that's what woulda been your fate in real life! You pasted a stats that was inaccurate then phoolishly asked me to start counting when and in which competition these goals were scored? Do you suffer Alzheimer's or did you not know the 55 goals originated from you in the first place?

You are too big alright. . Too big of a phool to own up to your own errors! Smell you later

What a pity! Its obvious your parents have used your intelligence for money rituals. I was told the only way to break the hex on you is to butcher them and melt their parts in a tub filled with sulphuric acid

I ask you again since Messi and Ronaldo scored the same number of goals that year why didn't they award the Golden Shoe to both of them? That is the question you and your partner in tomfoolery have been unable to answer

Suited me? If I'm guilty of anything its underestimating the depths of your dumbness! You and your bestial twin posted those stats its on yall to defend it not me

The stats are there for all of mankind to see
8 goals is greater than 3 on any part of this planet unless we want to add illiteracy to your many handicaps

You are a billionare in phoolishness already nobody can steal your endless riches in that department

This ret@rd is beyond redemption! Your parents no try for you! You are so basic you do not even realize your arguments are being used against you

You must have been born out of legitimacy! It would be a darn shame if people actually rejoiced at your birth! Your continued existence is a shyte-brick in the cathedral of mankind

I'm sure you would happily let Messi r@pe your wife and sodomize your kids since he can do no wrong in your eyes! Ewu!

@kolamilan
Bruv no vex but someone needs to school these suckas
funny this guy thinks he's schooling anybody. He doesn't even know that the european shoe is given for only league goals and not cup goals or champions league goals. That's how ronaldo won it. La liga goals only. But overall they got 53 each your nvmb nut. You really do have a knack for being stvpid. This must be a generational problem. Don't body yourself you aint schooling nobody. Good thing you agree that at club level messi eats your boyfriend for breakfast for lunch and for dinner. At international level messi has won the third biggest honour you can win for your country-the olympic gold. He has won the fourth biggest honour a player can win for country-the junior world cup. Yet mr stvpidity here keeps telling us how his boyfriend scored 8, 9 ,10 goals for portugal without winning a tea spoon for portugal and so ronaldo performs for his country and messi doesn't. His point-a player has scored 8 goals and another just 3,so that's solely his criteria for judging who has performed better. My point-a player has won honours for his country while the other hasn't won a thing, that's my criteria. Lol. You are a f00l's f00l. A f00l would feel so much better beside you.Ronaldo would be flattered to reach messi's achievement for country. Ask him that during your next intercourse. He would open up to you on anything in a time of intimacy. But for now I gotta say fvck you with a broomstick.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dammybravo(m): 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2013
So this is what the thread has turn into?...When we argue, do we really need to talk insulting, or just let people understand your point instead of making a fool of yourself and lowering your human standards
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dayokanu(m): 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2013
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by royale442(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
lorddeni: Easy on the debate guys, why can't we just learn to appreciate both Messi & CR7 rather than going for each other's jugular this side of the world?

Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
That ignoramus A40 been trying to convince the world for 2 days now that ronaldo outscored messi in 10/11 season. He doesn't even know how the european golden shoe is awarded! Was taught never to argue ith a f00l. Like they taught me people commenting here now can't tell who is who. Iam am definitely part of the problem, in 2013, arguing messi versus ronaldo! Goal or trophies! Club or country! My bad! My bad!!
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
ddippset: funny this guy thinks he's schooling anybody. He doesn't even know that the european shoe is given for only league goals and not cup goals or champions league goals. That's how ronaldo won it. La liga goals only. But overall they got 53 each your nvmb nut.
So I made an error! Touche! I own it! Cos that's what men do. Now tell us you son of a puta tell us how Koller put Portugal on the football map also tell us how Portugal a nation that has only qualified for 5 World Cups is a football superpower

Goals scored in the super cup don't count Nkita ara! How many times do I have to tell this bush pig a simple fact like this! This is as idiotic as adding the goals RVP scored yesterday to his total number at the end of next season

10/11
Messi
La Liga: 31
Champions League: 12
Copa Del Rey: 7
Total: 50

Ronaldo
La Liga: 40
Champions League: 6
Total: 53

Where did 53 now come from?

ddippset:
You really do have a knack for being stvpid. This must be a generational problem. Don't body yourself you aint schooling nobody. Good thing you agree that at club level messi eats your boyfriend for breakfast for lunch and for dinner. At international level messi has won the third biggest honour you can win for your country-the olympic gold. He has won the fourth biggest honour a player can win for country-the junior world cup.
Will you STFU you douche! Nobody gives a damn about Olympics or Junior World Cups definitely not a football powerhouse like Argentina! These are developmental tournaments contested by amateur/semi professional tournaments until recently so you would have to be an uncommon mor0n to claim tournaments like this even count when measuring greatness

ddippset:
Yet mr stvpidity here keeps telling us how his boyfriend scored 8, 9 ,10 goals for portugal without winning a tea spoon for portugal and so ronaldo performs for his country and messi doesn't. His point-a player has scored 8 goals and another just 3,so that's solely his criteria for judging who has performed better.
Its a disgrace that the best player in the history of mankind has only scored 3 goals in 4 major tournaments! Only a ret@rd can label such player as the Greatest Of All Time without acknowledging that he has to at least perform for Argentina.

Sadly for you Ronaldo's records clearly show that on the International stage he has owned Messi! As his teams have advanced further and he has scored more goals.

ddippset:
My point-a player has won honours for his country while the other hasn't won a thing, that's my criteria. Lol. You are a f00l's f00l. A f00l would feel so much better beside you.Ronaldo would be flattered to reach messi's achievement for country. Ask him that during your next intercourse. He would open up to you on anything in a time of intimacy. But for now I gotta say fvck you with a broomstick.
This abirun keeps referring to junior tournaments as evidence of achievement! What a disgrace! I'm sure when you go to your next job interview you would take along your Primary School Certificate. Maricon!
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
ddippset: That ignoramus A40 been trying to convince the world for 2 days now that ronaldo outscored messi in 10/11 season. He doesn't even know how the european golden shoe is awarded! Was taught never to argue ith a f00l. Like they taught me people commenting here now can't tell who is who. Iam am definitely part of the problem, in 2013, arguing messi versus ronaldo! Goal or trophies! Club or country! My bad! My bad!!
This nkita ara will not stop barking! Goals scored in Supercup do not count you phool!! Why do you go to Real Madrid threads to mock them for finishing trophyless last season or didn't they win the Supercup last season as well? Ronaldo outscored Messi in 10/11 season you rabid mongrel! Adding goals scored from a glorified friendly shows how pathetic and desperate you are
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
A-40:

So I made an error! Touche! I own it! Cos that's what men do. Now tell us you son of a puta tell us how Koller put Portugal on the football map also tell us how Portugal a nation that has only qualified for 5 World Cups is a football superpower

Goals scored in the super cup don't count Nkita ara! How many times do I have to tell this bush pig a simple fact like this! This is as idiotic as adding the goals RVP scored yesterday to his total number at the end of next season

10/11
Messi
La Liga: 31
Champions League: 12
Total: 50

Ronaldo
La Liga: 40
Champions League: 6
Total: 53

Where did 53 now come from?

Will you STFU you douche! Nobody gives a damn about Olympics or Junior World Cups definitely not a football powerhouse like Argentina! These are developmental tournaments contested by amateur/semi professional tournaments until recently so you would have to be an uncommon mor0n to claim tournaments like this even count when measuring greatness

Its a disgrace that the best player in the history of mankind has only scored 3 goals in 4 major tournaments! Only a ret@rd can label such player as the Greatest Of All Time without acknowledging that he has to at least perform for Argentina.

Sadly for you Ronaldo's records clearly show that on the International stage he has owned Messi! As his teams have advanced further and he has scored more goals.

This abirun keeps referring to junior tournaments as evidence of achievement! What a disgrace! I'm sure when you go to your next job interview you would take along your Primary School Certificate. Maricon!
like I said b4, fvck you with a broom stick, nothing more. Yes I said koller played for portugal, was a slip of tongue. I won't be like you , for the 3rd day running you still dispaying ur ignorant gene. Pull your skirt up b1tch! Super cup goals don't count? Says who? A competitive fixture player 2 weeks into the season doesn't count? I know uve realised your stupidity. Now ure trying to do a cover up. Ask your grandmother or go to the bayern fansa thread. Messi and ronaldo both scored 53. Iam tired of trying to save you from yourself. Stop embarassing urself. So what happens to the supercup goals? Are they thrown away? Why are you still allowing ur shadow to possess your brain? Collect ur brain mayne!ronaldo's record on international stage? Msc holder in foolery. Yes ronaldo's records for country are so big and numerous. But what? They just don't exist! Now the toad is likening the olympic gold to a primary school cert! That is the 3rd biggest honour any footballer can win for country! Ronaldo your boyfriend should show us his spoon for portugal.if the olympic is pri sch cert, then by ur analogy ronaldo didn't even attend primary school. A 4 paper, pull your skirt up b1tch! We all straight around here dogg!
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
ddippset: like I said b4, fvck you with a broom stick, nothing more. Yes I said koller played for portugal, was a slip of tongue. I won't be like you , for the 3rd day running you still dispaying ur ignorant gene.
Is that what you were sodomized with? Or is that what your puta mama uses to get off with when your poppa's willie aint up to the task? Nkita ara

ddippset:
Pull your skirt up b1tch! Super cup goals don't count? Says who? A competitive fixture player 2 weeks into the season doesn't count? I know uve realised your stupidity. Now ure trying to do a cover up. Ask your grandmother or go to the bayern fansa thread. Messi and ronaldo both scored 53. Iam tired of trying to save you from yourself. Stop embarassing urself. So what happens to the supercup goals? Are they thrown away? Why are you still allowing ur shadow to possess your brain?
Supercup goals don't count you !mbecile! If they did Mourinho's last season would not be remembered as a trophyless one! You can't have one without the other and FYI Ronaldo scored a goal in the meaningless fixture as well so that puts him at 54! Either way I have proven to all and sundry that you are an inbred nitwit

ddippset:
Collect ur brain mayne!ronaldo's record on international stage? Msc holder in foolery. Yes ronaldo's records for country are so big and numerous. But what? They just don't exist! Now the toad is likening the olympic gold to a primary school cert! That is the 3rd biggest honour any footballer can win for country! Ronaldo your boyfriend should show us his spoon for portugal.if the olympic is pri sch cert, then by ur analogy ronaldo didn't even attend primary school. A 4 paper, pull your skirt up b1tch! We all straight around here dogg!

For a player from Portugal getting to the semi-final or Final of a major tournament is as good as it gets! This is a country that has only featured in 5 world cups I'm sure you also expect Denmark to win the next World Cup! If you cannot understand this simple fact then you should do the honorable thing and refund your parents every penny they squandered on your education but wait hold that thought! Since they used your intelligence for money rituals I guess yall are even

Bonfrere Jo and Jose Manuel De La Torre are also great managers since they also won the olympics! Rupaul nigga like you
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
A-40:

Is that what you were sodomized with? Or is that what your puta mama uses to get off with when your poppa's willie aint up to the task? Nkita ara

Supercup goals don't count you !mbecile! If they did Mourinho's last season would not be remembered as a trophyless one! You can't have one without the other and FYI Ronaldo scored a goal in the meaningless fixture as well so that puts him at 54! Either way I have proven to all and sundry that you are an inbred nitwit

For a player from Portugal getting to the semi-final or Final of a major tournament is as good as it gets! This is a country that has only featured in 5 world cups I'm sure you also expect Denmark to win the next World Cup! If you cannot understand this simple fact then you should do the honorable thing and refund your parents every penny they squandered on your education but wait hold that thought! Since they used your intelligence for money rituals I guess yall are even

Bonfrere Jo and Jose Manuel De La Torre are also great managers since they also won the olympics! Rupaul nigga like you
on record ronaldo had 55 goals last season including 2 supercup goals. La liga 34, uefa 12, copa del rey 7, super cup 2. A 4 paper pls help urself. The world is reading. Swallow ur pride. Pull your skirt up b1tch. Another 1mbecilic analogy. Tell your spouse to win a tea spoon for his nation.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by barackohandso(m): 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
@ ddippset & A4, you guys should stop all this insults for crying out loud. You've totally deviated from the topic of discussion.

You should search for answers on google if you're confused about if Van persie's 2 goals against wigan will be added to his tally @ the end of the season (I know for a fact they will though)

Ronaldo & Messi both scored 2 goals in last season's Spanish super cup & they were both added to their tallies @ the end of the season.

Cup matches between a country's league champions & cup winners are (minor) trophies, so its useless if another trophy isn't added @ the end of the season by the team that wins it.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 9:43pm On Aug 12, 2013
ddippset: on record ronaldo had 55 goals last season including 2 supercup goals. La liga 34, uefa 12, copa del rey 7, super cup 2. A 4 paper pls help urself. The world is reading. Swallow ur pride. Pull your skirt up b1tch. Another 1mbecilic analogy. Tell your spouse to win a tea spoon for his nation.
They said who the gods want to destroy they first make mad! Obviously they had you in mind when they came up with that statement

Supercup goals do not count towards a strikers total goal count for a season! I would drum that into your brickhead till you get it! Maricon

I'm sure Pele,Beckenbauer,Ronaldo,Zidane,Cruyff would have been remembered as the greatest because of performances in the Olympics
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by chic2pimp(m): 10:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
dmcdad:
It was more than obvious that the world best was suppose to go to Zidane irrespective of whether they won or not. But, as it seemed, he blew his chances away with just that single act of indiscipline.

Besides, a lot are considered when dishing out the award and not necessarily goals scored but your input on the team's general play.

What made Zidane the stand out player of 2006 over Canna? I ask?
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2013
barack_o_handso: @ ddippset & A4, you guys should stop all this insults for crying out loud. You've totally deviated from the topic of discussion.

You should search for answers on google if you're confused about if Van persie's 2 goals against wigan will be added to his tally @ the end of the season (I know for a fact they will though)
They don't add that shyte bruh! These matches are glorified friendlies! Its like saying they add goals scored in World Cup qualifiers to the ones scored in the World cup proper

barack_o_handso:
Ronaldo & Messi both scored 2 goals in last season's Spanish super cup & they were both added to their tallies @ the end of the season.

Cup matches between a country's league champions & cup winners are (minor) trophies, so its useless if another trophy isn't added @ the end of the season by the team that wins it.
Let's even assume those goals count for a second! The bone of contention was that Ronaldo outscored Messi in 10/11 the bunch of nkita aras claimed that Messi tied Ronaldo including the 3 goals scored in the Supercup in his tally conveniently omitting the fact that Ronaldo also scored a goal to go with his 53. Can you now see that they don't have a consistent bone in their body?

If the trophies don't count then why count the goals?
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by barackohandso(m): 12:14am On Aug 13, 2013
A-40:

They don't add that shyte bruh! These matches are glorified friendlies! Its like saying they add goals scored in World Cup qualifiers to the ones scored in the World cup proper

Let's even assume those goals count for a second! The bone of contention was that Ronaldo outscored Messi in 10/11 the bunch of nkita aras claimed that Messi tied Ronaldo including the 3 goals scored in the Supercup in his tally conveniently omitting the fact that Ronaldo also scored a goal to go with his 53. Can you now see that they don't have a consistent bone in their body?

If the trophies don't count then why count the goals?

Like I said, they're season openers, not friendly matches but at the same time not totally invaluable, they become invaluable if the team that wins it doesn't add any other trophy, that's why real madrid/manchester city & manchester united were judged to have gone trophyless last season & two seasons respectively.

As for the ronaldo-messi saga, whether CR7 scored an extra goal or not, I'm not sure, but news was that they were tied on the same number of goals. If CR7 won the golden boot that year, it was probably because he got to those figures first as Messi played & had to score his 53rd goal in the UCL final against ManUtd.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 12:48am On Aug 13, 2013
barack_o_handso:

Like I said, they're season openers, not friendly matches but at the same time not totally invaluable, they become invaluable if the team that wins it doesn't add any other trophy, that's why real madrid/manchester city & manchester united were judged to have gone trophyless last season & two seasons respectively.

As for the ronaldo-messi saga, whether CR7 scored an extra goal or not, I'm not sure, but news was that they were tied on the same number of goals. If CR7 won the golden boot that year, it was probably because he got to those figures first as Messi played & had to score his 53rd goal in the UCL final against ManUtd.
@ barack, the european golden shoe is given for league goals only. In 10/11 ronaldo had 40 la liga goals while messi had 31 la liga goals, and both had 53 in all competitions. Since ronaldo got 40 league goals and no other player in europe(england,italy,germany,france, turkey,russia,etc etc) got up to 40, ronaldo won the european golden shoe. So it was not because ronaldo got to 53 firstly but because only league goals are considered across all european countries for the european golden shoe.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by barackohandso(m): 1:12am On Aug 13, 2013
ddippset: @ barack, the european golden shoe is given for league goals only. In 10/11 ronaldo had 40 la liga goals while messi had 31 la liga goals, and both had 53 in all competitions. Since ronaldo got 40 league goals and no other player in europe(england,italy,germany,france, turkey,russia,etc etc) got up to 40, ronaldo won the european golden shoe. So it was not because ronaldo got to 53 firstly but because only league goals are considered across all european countries for the european golden shoe.

Yeah, more or less. Thanks.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by royale442(m): 8:45am On Aug 13, 2013
ddippset: like I said b4, fvck you with a broom stick, nothing more. Yes I said koller played for portugal, was a slip of tongue. I won't be like you , for the 3rd day running you still dispaying ur ignorant gene. Pull your skirt up b1tch! Super cup goals don't count? Says who? A competitive fixture player 2 weeks into the season doesn't count? I know uve realised your stupidity. Now ure trying to do a cover up. Ask your grandmother or go to the bayern fansa thread. Messi and ronaldo both scored 53. Iam tired of trying to save you from yourself. Stop embarassing urself. So what happens to the supercup goals? Are they thrown away? Why are you still allowing ur shadow to possess your brain? Collect ur brain mayne!ronaldo's record on international stage? Msc holder in foolery. Yes ronaldo's records for country are so big and numerous. But what? They just don't exist! Now the toad is likening the olympic gold to a primary school cert! That is the 3rd biggest honour any footballer can win for country! Ronaldo your boyfriend should show us his spoon for portugal.if the olympic is pri sch cert, then by ur analogy ronaldo didn't even attend primary school. A 4 paper, pull your skirt up b1tch! We all straight around here dogg!
super cup goals are not added. Mind you, i'm one those people that strongly belive that messi > Ronaldo.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by barackohandso(m): 9:21am On Aug 13, 2013
royale442: super cup goals are not added. Mind you, i'm one those people that strongly belive that messi > Ronaldo.

They're added. They always have been
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 10:18am On Aug 13, 2013
barack_o_handso:

They're added. They always have been
Wrong!! Nobody adds those goals unless out of desperation

barack_o_handso:
These matches are ceremonial! Whether the team goes on to add another trophy or not there are no ifs buts and maybes involved Madrid,Man City finished trophyless last season

The trophies don't count so why should the goals count?

barack_o_handso:
I posted accurate stats from ESPN! If you are going to count the 3 goals from the Supercup to add to Messi's 50 in the 10/11 season you have to also count the 1 goal Ronaldo scored to his 53 which means Ronaldo still wins 54-53
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 11:05am On Aug 13, 2013
A-40:

Wrong!! Nobody adds those goals unless out of desperation

These matches are ceremonial! Whether the team goes on to add another trophy or not there are no ifs buts and maybes involved Madrid,Man City finished trophyless last season

The trophies don't count so why should the goals count?

I posted accurate stats from ESPN! If you are going to count the 3 goals from the Supercup to add to Messi's 50 in the 10/11 season you have to also count the 1 goal Ronaldo scored to his 53 which means Ronaldo still wins 54-53
I just gave you the stat of ronaldo's 55 goals last season including 2 supercup goals and you still arguing? I have to leave u alone now. And btw,u said ronaldo's 1 goal? Hahahahahahaha. The spanish super cup was contested for between barcelona and sevilla in the 2010/11 season. And ronaldo scored 1 goal? Maybe he was playing for sevilla then! You one funny asz muthafvcker! This is the height of it all, at this point I have to sign out of this debate. Everybody there you have it, ronaldo got 1 supercup goal for sevilla august 2010. Lol. So long people.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by barackohandso(m): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
This honestly shouldn't be a bone of contention, the goals count CLEARLY. You can start counting van persie's goal as the season goes by if you want.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 2:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
barack_o_handso: This honestly shouldn't be a bone of contention, the goals count CLEARLY. You can start counting van persie's goal as the season goes by if you want.
Did Mourinho finish trophyless last season or not? Answer that question honestly

ddippset: I just gave you the stat of ronaldo's 55 goals last season including 2 supercup goals and you still arguing? I have to leave u alone now. And btw,u said ronaldo's 1 goal? Hahahahahahaha. The spanish super cup was contested for between barcelona and sevilla in the 2010/11 season. And ronaldo scored 1 goal? Maybe he was playing for sevilla then! You one funny asz muthafvcker! This is the height of it all, at this point I have to sign out of this debate. Everybody there you have it, ronaldo got 1 supercup goal for sevilla august 2010. Lol. So long people.
You are a dunce! Supercup goals don't count if they did no one would say Mourinho or Man City finished trophyless! Its your dishonest nature that makes you count goals from a tournament for your player when they win it but discount it when your rival manager wins it and tag them trophyless

Nobody counts goals scored in the supercup mate! Quit clutching straws!
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
A-40:

Did Mourinho finish trophyless last season or not? Answer that question honestly

You are a dunce! Supercup goals don't count if they did no one would say Mourinho or Man City finished trophyless! Its your dishonest nature that makes you count goals from a tournament for your player when they win it but discount it when your rival manager wins it and tag them trophyless

how do you keep on bringing up analogies that don't make any sense? How does this relate to mancity or madrid or mourinho being trophyless. No one will say! Your arguement is now based on 'no one will say'! Some people consider the supercup a trophy, some don't. For those that don't its simply becauase it's a one off game. If the super cup involved say; 5 or more games, then they'd take it as a trophy. Now how does that corelate to the goals scored. A goal is scored game by game. U don't have to pile up goalas for them to be counted! You are still more foolish than I thought. A fool would be a genius in your presence.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 2:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
A-40:

don't duck my questions. 1. If super cup goals don't count, then How did ronaldo get 55 goals last seaason? 2. How did ronaldo score a super cup goal in the 10/11 season to make 54 when the contest was between barcelona and sevilla? Don't duck! Answer!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Liverpool: Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 27th January 2015 / Carabao Cup: Bristol City Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 20th December 2017 / Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.