Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,462 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 (36183 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Named UEFA's Best Player For 2013/2014 / Andres Iniesta 2012 UEFA Best Player / Cristiano Ronaldo & Messi Among The 32 Nominees For Uefa's Best Player In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
ddippset: a goal less messi is more effective than a one million goal ronaldo. Ribery doesn't and can never come close. Bayern munich does not have a player close to being as good as messi. Why not humble yourself and live with this fact?
Wetin we wan do with Messi when we get him medicine? Abeg talk another thing!
Ronaldo has proven himself in two leagues and every international tournament he has been in while Messi has done nada outside Barca

ddippset:
Zidane would never have won the world cup without the makaleles, the thurams, the deschamps, the leobofs, the lizarazus,of this world, ronaldo would never without the carloses, the cafus, the lucios,the ronaldinhos etc of this world. Messi hasa a mediocre midfield and a deicheles anchored defence.
Lol look at Papi Aluwe sha! Whether Zidane or Ronaldo had good players behind him is hardly the point since Zidane and Ronaldo shone like a million stars and helped their team to win at all

Messi had a mediocre midfield and defense? You should be ashamed of yourself! Pastore,Di Maria,Mascherano, Demichelis,Burdisso,Heinze are mediocre?

How about their loaded attack that was guaranteed to put all teams on the backfoot

Wait first so its the defenders that prevented Messi from scoring a single goal ba? Both in 2010 and 2011

ddippset:
With Messi in this present squad argentina would never wint the world cup.
Fixed grin

ddippset:
One man never wins a world cup. Messi has his olympic gold and his junior world cup. He doesn't have to win the world cup he is already arguably the greatest of all time. That's why he's so good. He breaks norms.
you lie to yourself like you're jonah jang?
Shame nor catch u! Maradona dragged Argentina to two world cup finals with Burruchaga and Valdano while Messi can do zilch with an even more talented squad! Cannot score against Nigeria,South Korea, Greece even went to Copa America in his homeland and cannot score against Bolivia, Costa Rica
And you are here defending nonsense

Junior World Cup and Olympic for a football superpower like Argentina is what you are clutching at? Smh even Messi is crying for you

ddippset:
And when the he1l did ronaldo outscore messi? It has never happened. When? In 10/11 they both had 53 goals. In 11/12 messi had 72 ronald 60. Why do you lie to yourself like you're jonah jang?
How did he then win the Golden Shoe if he didn't score more than Messi?

ddippset: if you be a governor you be worse than a jonah jang like I said b4. Ronaldo ias a serial tournament choker! Messi has his olympic gold. Ronaldo has no spoon for portugal. And pls don't tell me it'as not a major tournament cus u be running around buck n.aked if your country won it.
If Ronaldo with 8 goals in 5 straight major tournaments is a choker what do we call Messi that has just 3 goals in 4 major tournaments and has only led a football superpower like Argentina past the quarter final once (in Copa America where football lightweights like Mexico,Costa Rica and USA are added to make up the numbers)

Its a crying shame to compare the expectations of Nigeria in International Football to Argentina just because you are trying to defend Messi
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2013
ddippset: I give you an assignment. Go to wikipedia and see how every single record in la liga belongs to messi coupled with the fact that messi is more suCcessful than ronaldo on international level. Then go to google and read robben's and ribery's comments saying they want to be like messi when they grow up. And you re here playing SAN for them.
Who cares about the records he has broken in La Liga? When he wins a major senior title we can then put him in the greatest player of all-time convo! For now he is a rich man's Van Basten and even Basten has a senior title to his name

barack_o_handso: Nice @ ddippset. Haters'll always hate no matter what.
For the Bayern fans, lest they forget, Bayern were two seasons trophyless before winning last year's treble, Messi dug up their legend's 40year old record & even passed it (Muller himself said he's never seen a player like Messi), Schweinstiger himself hailed Barca, calling them the best after Bayern beat Barca 7-0, & Messi scored when Barca beat Bayern 5-1 on the way to winning the treble in 2009. We need to refresh people's memory
Story! We have paid you back in full! 7-0 > 5-1

You also went six seasons trophyless before Rijkaard's arrival abi did you not know this?

Schweini was just being magnanimous and classy after victory as it should be terms you might not be familiar with

dmcdad:
Sorry to say bro but you are proving to me by the minutes how shalow you can think at least as regards football or are you just being biase? Messi was outplayed by Ronaldo? CR7 or the real one? Lol. Scored bunch of goals against lesser teams like Osasuna, Levante and Getafé. Good! I guess Ronaldo didn't play these teams too. Or did he?
In the Champions League Europe's marquee competition Ronaldo outscored Messi since you base award merit on who scores the most goals

dmcdad:
C'mon! Don't be biased. Ronaldo played a total of 55matches and scored 55goals. What a wonderful achievement! But that achievement becomes less wonderful when you considers what Messi did; played 50 matches and scored 60goals. Now you wanna compare their game per goal ratio? Not to even mention that about 6 of the matches Messi played last season he came from bench, playing just 30minutes or less.

55 or 60 goals not much to choose between them but Ronaldo outplayed Messi where it mattered most
All this is immaterial sha as Ribery deserves the award more than either of them

dmcdad:
Whichever way you wanna see it, Messi outshined Ronaldo in all ramifications. And need I remind you that Ronaldo didn't win even a stainless spoon (unless the spanish supercup has become a major trophy to you).He didn't break and or set any special record. or did he? Apart from scoring in six straight consecutive champions league matches. Can we talk about Messi now? Won the La-Liga with a record 100 points and scoring 46 league goals in the process. Scored in 19 consecutive league opponents, and also winning the European golden shoe award in the process.
What more can you ask for?
What special record did Messi set in Europe? Last year that Madrid set the points record and won the La Liga did they give Ronaldo the award? What of the year he outscored Messi did they give him the award? You are the one being biased here
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 6:48pm On Aug 11, 2013
A-40:

Wetin we wan do with Messi when we get him medicine? Abeg talk another thing!
Ronaldo has proven himself in two leagues and every international tournament he has been in while Messi has done nada outside Barca

Lol look at Papi Aluwe sha! Whether Zidane or Ronaldo had good players behind him is hardly the point since Zidane and Ronaldo shone like a million stars and helped their team to win at all

Messi had a mediocre midfield and defense? You should be ashamed of yourself! Pastore,Di Maria,Mascherano, Demichelis,Burdisso,Heinze are mediocre?

How about their loaded attack that was guaranteed to put all teams on the backfoot

Wait first so its the defenders that prevented Messi from scoring a single goal ba? Both in 2010 and 2011

Fixed grin

Shame nor catch u! Maradona dragged Argentina to two world cup finals with Burruchaga and Valdano while Messi can do zilch with an even more talented squad! Cannot score against Nigeria,South Korea, Greece even went to Copa America in his homeland and cannot score against Bolivia, Costa Rica
And you are here defending nonsense

Junior World Cup and Olympic for a football superpower like Argentina is what you are clutching at? Smh even Messi is crying for you

How did he then win the Golden Shoe if he didn't score more than Messi?

If Ronaldo with 8 goals in 5 straight major tournaments is a choker what do we call Messi that has just 3 goals in 4 major tournaments and has only led a football superpower like Argentina past the quarter final once (in Copa America where football lightweights like Mexico,Costa Rica and USA are added to make up the numbers)

Its a crying shame to compare the expectations of Nigeria in International Football to Argentina just because you are trying to defend Messi
you really need to kick some knowledge. You nor sharp at all. You don ever carry first for class at all? You have no player like messi. Shut up and no excuses! Ronaldo has proved himself in 2 leagues! Only 2? What of the remaining 3 leagues? Sample space too small. If he like make him play for one million leagues, now he has come to a common denominator which is la liga and messi isa sh1ting on him season after seaason. He has not managed to outscore messi in a season, he has not managed to out assist messi, he has not managed to out 'collect awards' messi. The only thing he haas managed to out do messi is to be the footballer with the highest number of podium appearances. Yes zidane and co shone like a million stars but if the others hadn't done their jobs, their efforts would have been wasted. Messi has been shining like a hundred million stars but unfortunately u only watch highlights. Why do u keep saying messi cannot score, score score. That's the cheap card u ch0ose to play. You can be the best on a pitch without scoring, do I have to write this on a slate for u to understand? And like I said b4 a goalless messi would always attract more viewers than a million goal ronaldo! Desperation is when a human mutt tries to compare ronaldo to mesaasi in this day and time. Give it up son!
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dmcdad: 6:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
A-40:

Who cares about the records he has broken in La Liga? When he wins a major senior title we can then put him in the greatest player of all-time convo! For now he is a rich man's Van Basten and even Basten has a senior title to his name

Story! We have paid you back in full! 7-0 > 5-1

You also went six seasons trophyless before Rijkaard's arrival abi did you not know this?

Schweini was just being magnanimous and classy after victory as it should be terms you might not be familiar with

In the Champions League Europe's marquee competition Ronaldo outscored Messi since you base award merit on who scores the most goals

55 or 60 goals not much to choose between them but Ronaldo outplayed Messi where it mattered most
All this is immaterial sha as Ribery deserves the award more than either of them

What special record did Messi set in Europe? Last year that Madrid set the points record and won the La Liga did they give Ronaldo the award? What of the year he outscored Messi did they give him the award? You are the one being biased here
The year Ronaldo outscored Messi? It has never happened!

10/11
Ronaldo 53
Messi 53

11/12
Ronaldo 60
Messi 73

12/13
Ronaldo 55
Messi 60

Please in what season did Ronaldo outscored Messi?
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dmcdad: 7:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
ddippset: you really need to kick some knowledge. You nor sharp at all. You don ever carry first for class at all? You have no player like messi. Shut up and no excuses! Ronaldo has proved himself in 2 leagues! Only 2? What of the remaining 3 leagues? Sample space too small. If he like make him play for one million leagues, now he has come to a common denominator which is la liga and messi isa sh1ting on him season after seaason. He has not managed to outscore messi in a season, he has not managed to out assist messi, he has not managed to out 'collect awards' messi. The only thing he haas managed to out do messi is to be the footballer with the highest number of podium appearances. Yes zidane and co shone like a million stars but if the others hadn't done their jobs, their efforts would have been wasted. Messi has been shining like a hundred million stars but unfortunately u only watch highlights. Why do u keep saying messi cannot score, score score. That's the cheap card u ch0ose to play. You can be the best on a pitch without scoring, do I have to write this on a slate for u to understand? And like I said b4 a goalless messi would always attract more viewers than a million goal ronaldo! Desperation is when a human mutt tries to compare ronaldo to mesaasi in this day and time. Give it up son!
I love the boldface yannings... Got me laughing hard.

I can't understand why that guy has chosen to be adamant and blinded by redundant points. Messi is more than this guy in every area (goals, assists, team trophies, personal accolades, just to mention a few) except areas like number of games, number of shots(which are often wasted), number of... Infact, I am tired already cause if I decide to drop its as it emanates fron my head, it's gonna be endless...
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 7:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
ddippset: iam playing a team sport and my team gets beat 20-0, and because of that I cannot be the best in the world! This aint tennis, your math doesn't add up! Bayern game was the most important? How? What if barca had not made that great milan comeback or if barca had beaten bayern? Would that still be the most important game? It was only the last game not the most important.
Football is a team sport so there must be a correlation between individual and team achievements! You can't claim Messi is the best player simply because he won the freaking Golden Shoe! Thomas Muller was the highest goal scorer at the last World Cup but he was not the best player at the tournament! Same way Messi isn't the best player in Europe cos he scored the most goals and had some streak in the League! Football goes beyond just goals

The UCL is the most important trophy in Europe right? So whatever stage you are at that point of the season that is your most important game! As at the time you faced Milan that is your most important game of the season This is common sense

ddippset:
Again your math doesn't add up! Ronaldo outscored messi? Ronaldo 55, messi 60, again like mr jang you are telling us 55 is greater than 60.for the umpteenth time your math doesn't add up! Ronaldo should convert his one one goals into trophies. The portugese people cannot lift goals, they need trophies to lift.
I meant in the Champions League!! Europe's most important tournament

ddippset:
Messi has given his compatriots an olympic gold and a junior world cup trophy to lift. Age grade or no age grade! World cup or no world cup, copa america or no copa america messi is top 3 greatest in history, ronaldo isn't top 20. He still has 2 world cupas and 2 copa americas to play. He will win for argentina. That coupled with one more ballon dor he would be the greatest footballer in the history of mankind. UNDISPUTED!
Olympic gold and junior world cup? Tournaments filled with age cheats! This is pathetic!

Ronaldo has helped a soccer lightweight with negligible pedigree like Portugal to 2 semi-finals and 1 final in 5 major tournaments

While Messi cannot carry a soccer heavyweight like Argentina to the promiseland! And you have the nerve to call him the greatest what a disgrace

For Messi to prove he is the greatest the onus is on him to perform outside Barca like legends like Pele,Maradona,Ronaldo,Beckenbauer,Zidane,Ronaldinho,Van Basten etc have done for club and country

ddippset: People get so petty. People need to watch games and not highlights. A typical case study is the nigeria versus argentina match world cup 2010. Messi was the boss on the pitch. Messi was the best player for 90 mins. Enyeama was made man of the match because messi should have scored 6. At the end of the day someone says he flopped becos he didn't score. Higuain scored like 5 but he wasn't half as good as messi.
Sharrap! If he couldn't score against Nigeria how about Korea,Greece,Mexico,Germany why didn't he score against any of them?

I purposely brought up that tournament to highlight your hypocrisy since you claimed Ribery didn't score that many goals so I chose to give you an instance that Messi did likewise to show you there's more to it than just goals

ddippset:
And someone says he flopped becos he didn't score! Argentina needs to get a good coach and stop depending on a defence made by demicheles or otamendi and a masacherano at midfield. The team must help messi.
What is Messi doing to help the team?
I'm sure he is helping them by not scoring!

ddippset:
He could never do it alone. Ronaldo de lima would never have won the world cup without carlos, cafu ,kaka, ronaldinho,rivaldo, edmilson. And all of a sudden, ronaldo single handedely won the world cup for brazil! Zidane would never have won the world cup without thuram, desaily, lizarAzu, makalele, vieira, henry, and all of a sudden zidane single handedly won the world cup for france!
No one is asking Messi to do it alone at least score! That is what we are saying! Its an epic disgrace that the "GREATEST" player of all-time went to two major tournaments back to back in his peak and could not score against football heavyweights like Nigeria,Greece,Korea,Bolivia,Colombia, Costa Rica
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 7:21pm On Aug 11, 2013
dmcdad:

10/11
Ronaldo 53
Messi 53

11/12
Ronaldo 60
Messi 73

12/13
Ronaldo 55
Messi 60

I tire for the guy o! He keeps saying ronaldo outscored messi! 09/10 it was 47 to 35, 10/11 it was 53 to 53, 11/12 it was 73 to 60, 12/13 it was 60 to 55. All in favour of messi. Asee trophies won! See trophies for country! I can't understand that guy.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 7:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
A-40:

Football is a team sport so there must be a correlation between individual and team achievements! You can't claim Messi is the best player simply because he won the freaking Golden Shoe! Thomas Muller was the highest goal scorer at the last World Cup but he was not the best player at the tournament! Same way Messi isn't the best player in Europe cos he scored the most goals and had some streak in the League! Football goes beyond just goals

The UCL is the most important trophy in Europe right? So whatever stage you are at that point of the season that is your most important game! As at the time you faced Milan that is your most important game of the season This is common sense

I meant in the Champions League!! Europe's most important tournament

Olympic gold and junior world cup? Tournaments filled with age cheats! This is pathetic!

Ronaldo has helped a soccer lightweight with negligible pedigree like Portugal to 2 semi-finals and 1 final in 5 major tournaments

While Messi cannot carry a soccer heavyweight like Argentina to the promiseland! And you have the nerve to call him the greatest what a disgrace

For Messi to prove he is the greatest the onus is on him to perform outside Barca like legends like Pele,Maradona,Ronaldo,Beckenbauer,Zidane,Ronaldinho,Van Basten etc have done for club and country

Sharrap! If he couldn't score against Nigeria how about Korea,Greece,Mexico,Germany why didn't he score against any of them?

I purposely brought up that tournament to highlight your hypocrisy since you claimed Ribery didn't score that many goals so I chose to give you an instance that Messi did likewise to show you there's more to it than just goals

What is Messi doing to help the team?
I'm sure he is helping them by not scoring!

No one is asking Messi to do it alone at least score! That is what we are saying! Its an epic disgrace that the "GREATEST" player of all-time went to two major tournaments back to back in his peak and could not score against football heavyweights like Nigeria,Greece,Korea,Bolivia,Colombia, Costa Rica
you keep talking from the 4 cardinal points of your mouth! On one hand you say football is not all about goals and on the other hand you refuse to look at messi's performance for argentina but keep saying messi didn't score here messi didn't score there! After trying to convince us that 55 is greater than 60 now you want to tell us again that uefa best player award means the champions league. like the proverbial ostrich you keep burying ur head in the sand and leaving your butthole vulnerable to attacks. U no wan let us rest say ronaldo score highest for champions league, something messi got 4 times in a row. By the way this argument is so awesome. Messi is being compared to ronaldo, muller, maradona, and all the bayern bois in one single swing. That's how good messi is. Messi is an olympic gold medalist and you are here telling me how ronaldo almost almost almost won a spoon for portugal. Pls spare me all these boring details, they so petty, I aint no seller of melon.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2013
ddippset: I tire for the guy o! He keeps saying ronaldo outscored messi! 09/10 it was 47 to 35, 10/11 it was 53 to 53, 11/12 it was 73 to 60, 12/13 it was 60 to 55. All in favour of messi. Asee trophies won! See trophies for country! I can't understand that guy.

dmcdad:

10/11
Ronaldo 53
Messi 53

11/12
Ronaldo 60
Messi 73

12/13
Ronaldo 55
Messi 60

How did you arrive at 53? Why would you be lying like you are being paid for it?
10/11

Messi
La Liga: 31
Champions League: 12
Copa Del Rey: 7

Ronaldo
La Liga: 40
Champions League: 6

So tell me where did the extra 3 goals come from? Afghanistan?
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
NB- In the argentina set up, messi doesn't have to score. That is why higuain tevez aguero are ahead of him in attack and he feeds them all day long. He is not like ronaldo whom without a goal to his name, is wAsted. It's left to demicheles and co to do their job. You aint winning no fifa world cup with banega, gago and masch in your midfied or some guy named rojo, demicheles, otamendi, old man zanetti in defence. We should have sacked henckeys and replaced him with diego maradona to win you the treble last term.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 7:57pm On Aug 11, 2013
A-40:

How did you arrive at 53? Why would you be lying like you are being paid for it?
10/11

Messi

Ronaldo

can't believe am hearing this in my lifetime. Even geneivive knows messi scored 53 goals in the 2010/11 season. Do your research and get back.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
ddippset: you really need to kick some knowledge. You nor sharp at all. You don ever carry first for class at all? You have no player like messi. Shut up and no excuses! Ronaldo has proved himself in 2 leagues! Only 2? What of the remaining 3 leagues?
Shut your yap! What does a basic schmuck like you know about knowledge? Thank God for the internet if not where else can a premium simpleton like you be associating himself with knowledge!

We do not need Messi! We have won a treble without him,destroyed his team and played in 3 UCL Finals under his watch you can shove your Messi up your ar$e you sodomite!

The bitter truth is Messi has only delivered in Barca and for him to be labeled the greatest that is not enough! If that is too complex for you to understand then all your years in school was a waste! If you even went to one

ddippset:
Sample space too small. If he like make him play for one million leagues, now he has come to a common denominator which is la liga and messi isa sh1ting on him season after seaason. He has not managed to outscore messi in a season, he has not managed to out assist messi, he has not managed to out 'collect awards' messi.

The only thing he haas managed to out do messi is to be the footballer with the highest number of podium appearances
Common denominator or not you lack common sense! I never said Ronaldo was better than Messi my point was even Ronaldo has proven himself in more than one place! and performed for Portugal too so if Messi is going to prove himself as the greatest its clear that he has to at least shine for the Albiceleste (even if he chooses to be a one club guy) that asterisk is always going to be there that he has only delivered in one club

ddippset: Messi has been shining like a hundred million stars but unfortunately u only watch highlights. Why do u keep saying messi cannot score, score score. That's the cheap card u ch0ose to play. You can be the best on a pitch without scoring, do I have to write this on a slate for u to understand? And like I said b4 a goalless messi would always attract more viewers than a million goal ronaldo! Desperation is when a human mutt tries to compare ronaldo to mesaasi in this day and time. Give it up son!
You are a ret@rd! You can't even recognize I used your own analogies against you you uncommon phool! when I talked about Ribery being regarded as the best player at Bayern and Europe did it have to do with the number of goals he scored? So not scoring but being the best player on the pitch can only be applied when Messi is involved right?
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 8:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
ddippset: you keep talking from the 4 cardinal points of your mouth! On one hand you say football is not all about goals and on the other hand you refuse to look at messi's performance for argentina but keep saying messi didn't score here messi didn't score there!
You are a disgraceful liar! Go through the thread again! I brought Messi's performance and Iniesta to show you how Ribery deserves the award despite not scoring as much as Messi or Ronaldo! Because scoring goals is not Ribery's brief! I used Messi so that the example would hit close to home

ddippset:
After trying to convince us that 55 is greater than 60 now you want to tell us again that uefa best player award means the champions league. like the proverbial ostrich you keep burying ur head in the sand and leaving your butthole vulnerable to attacks.
You are a dyslexic and ignorant coon! Ronaldo outplayed Messi in Europe and when I say Europe I expect somebody with common sense to know I'm talking about Europe's premier competition notice I didn't say Spain

ddippset:
U no wan let us rest say ronaldo score highest for champions league, something messi got 4 times in a row. By the way this argument is so awesome. Messi is being compared to ronaldo, muller, maradona, and all the bayern bois in one single swing.
Who cares? Messi was owned this season simple!

ddippset:
That's how good messi is. Messi is an olympic gold medalist and you are here telling me how ronaldo almost almost almost won a spoon for portugal. Pls spare me all these boring details, they so petty, I aint no seller of melon.
Big deal! Emmanuel Babayaro is also an olympic gold medalist
Its a disgrace that Messi fortunate to come from a footballing powerhouse like Argentina cannot perform in the big tournaments! Tournaments he must win to legitimize your claim that he is the G.O.A.T

ddippset: can't believe am hearing this in my lifetime. Even geneivive knows messi scored 53 goals in the 2010/11 season. Do your research and get back.
I will take ESPN soccernet data over a halfwit like you thank you very much

ddippset: NB- In the argentina set up, messi doesn't have to score. That is why higuain tevez aguero are ahead of him in attack and he feeds them all day long. He is not like ronaldo whom without a goal to his name, is wAsted. It's left to demicheles and co to do their job. You aint winning no fifa world cup with banega, gago and masch in your midfied or some guy named rojo, demicheles, otamendi, old man zanetti in defence. We should have sacked henckeys and replaced him with diego maradona to win you the treble last term.
In the Bayern setup Ribery also doesn't have to score as Muller,Pizarro,Mandzukic,Robben do that

Your excuse is pathetic anyway you look at it! Even Zidane was not a striker but that didn't stop him from scoring in 4 out of 5 major tournaments he played in!

I'm sure Maradona also stood between Messi and goal! What a douche!
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dmcdad: 8:04pm On Aug 11, 2013
A-40:

10/11

Messi

Ronaldo

You seem to forget that he played in the club world cup and spanish super cup...

#A-40, wake up, wake up, wake up! Morning don reach....

I guess you have been dreaming all the while. You see what I always say: you have been blinded by too much hatred for Messi that you have started taking some of his goals away. Soon, you will be adding them to Ronaldos'
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 8:19pm On Aug 11, 2013
A-40:

Shut your yap! What does a basic schmuck like you know about knowledge? Thank God for the internet if not where else can a premium simpleton like you be associating himself with knowledge!

We do not need Messi! We have won a treble without him,destroyed his team and played in 3 UCL Finals under his watch you can shove your Messi up your ar$e you sodomite!

The bitter truth is Messi has only delivered in Barca and for him to be labeled the greatest that is not enough! If that is too complex for you to understand then all your years in school was a waste! If you even went to one

Common denominator or not you lack common sense! I never said Ronaldo was better than Messi my point was even Ronaldo has proven himself in more than one place! and performed for Portugal too so if Messi is going to prove himself as the greatest its clear that he has to at least shine for the Albiceleste (even if he chooses to be a one club guy) that asterisk is always going to be there that he has only delivered in one club

You are a ret@rd! You can't even recognize I used your own analogies against you you uncommon phool! when I talked about Ribery being regarded as the best player at Bayern and Europe did it have to do with the number of goals he scored? So not scoring but being the best player on the pitch can only be applied when Messi is involved right?
its never solely about goals for me, neither is it solely about trophies won. All we need to do is give a football to messi, give one to ronaldo, give one to ribery, give one to every other footballer on the planet. What messi can do with a football no other player couldm. That's the reason coaches, journalist, captains will continue to give their votes to messi while you sit in your closet waiting for him to win the world cup. I see you ve resorted to taking cheap shots and calling me names! I love that. What di ronaldo perform for portugal. Stop stressing your ignorance pls. Iam already aware. Ronaldo has proved himself in every league, he comes to la liga and messi is killing him everywhere. Do I have to give you a lesson on correlation on a slate?
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
dmcdad:
You seem to forget that he played in the club world cup and spanish super cup...

#A-40, wake up, wake up, wake up! Morning don reach....
I can see I have been arguing with football ignoramuses all this time! Which club world cup did Barca play in 10/11? Hahahahahaha

Sorry to burst your bubble but they don't count goals scored in Spanish Super cup or any other super cups across Europe
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 8:36pm On Aug 11, 2013
A-40:

You are a disgraceful liar! Go through the thread again! I brought Messi's performance and Iniesta to show you how Ribery deserves the award despite not scoring as much as Messi or Ronaldo! Because scoring goals is not Ribery's brief! I used Messi so that the example would hit close to home

You are a dyslexic and ignorant coon! Ronaldo outplayed Messi in Europe and when I say Europe I expect somebody with common sense to know I'm talking about Europe's premier competition notice I didn't say Spain

Who cares? Messi was owned this season simple!

Big deal! Emmanuel Babayaro is also an olympic gold medalist
Its a disgrace that Messi fortunate to come from a footballing powerhouse like Argentina cannot perform in the big tournaments! Tournaments he must win to legitimize your claim that he is the G.O.A.T

I will take ESPN soccernet data over a halfwit like you thank you very much

In the Bayern setup Ribery also doesn't have to score as Muller,Pizarro,Mandzukic,Robben do that

Your excuse is pathetic anyway you look at it! Even Zidane was not a striker but that didn't stop him from scoring in 4 out of 5 major tournaments he played in!

I'm sure Maradona also stood between Messi and goal! What a douche!
emmanuel babayaro won the olympic. Raul albiol won the world cup. Iam still trying to teach you something- you can be the best even without scoring. Btw ribery and messi, messi scores more, assists more, dribbles more, what more can I say? Stop being an embodiment of stupidity. You act like your mama gave you brains not a brain. I means that's the only way a human could be so stvpid.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2013
A-40:

I can see I have been arguing with football ignoramuses all this time! Which club world cup did Barca play in 10/11? Hahahahahaha

Sorry to burst your bubble but they don't count goals scored in Spanish Super cup or any other super cups across Europe
you are the only person in the world who doesn't know that messi scored 53. Because speaking in stupidity terms, you are in a league of your own. They don't count super cup goals and yet you are so happy to count 55 goals for your 'partner' for last season? Why am I not surprised when you are nothing but ronaldo's 'stan'
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
ddippset: its never solely about goals for me, neither is it solely about trophies won. All we need to do is give a football to messi, give one to ronaldo, give one to ribery, give one to every other footballer on the planet. What messi can do with a football no other player couldm.
So that means Messi should win the award every year even in years he was outperformed or didn't perform for his team in any major tournament just because he is Messi like 2010 and potentially this year

ddippset:
That's the reason coaches, journalist, captains will continue to give their votes to messi while you sit in your closet waiting for him to win the world cup. I see you ve resorted to taking cheap shots and calling me names!
Even Messi knows he has to perform in major tournaments for his country to be labeled as the Greatest which is what I have been trying to explain to a rectum enthusiast like yourself unfortunately your head is so far up his that you can probably tell what he had for lunch

Hehehe hypocrite! Go through your posts addressed to me and show where you didn't insult or imply disrespect? Disrespect begets disrespect bruh

ddippset:
I love that. What di ronaldo perform for portugal. Stop stressing your ignorance pls. Iam already aware. Ronaldo has proved himself in every league, he comes to la liga and messi is killing him everywhere. Do I have to give you a lesson on correlation on a slate?
He has 8 goals in 5 tournaments! 2 semis and 1 Final! You must be dumber than I thought if you expect a football minnow like Portugal to win the World Cup or Euros a competition they struggled to even qualify for before Ronaldo showed up

While Messi with a heavyweight Argentina (2 time WC winners 2 time finalists) cannot do zilch

Going by your idiotic logic we can also ask Messi go to England and see how well he fares! I'm not even one of those that say he has to leave Barca but you would be a knobhead to claim Messi can be the greatest player based on one club achievement alone! That is the sole point I've been trying to knock into your brickhead

1 Like

Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2013
A-40:

So that means Messi should win the award every year even in years he was outperformed or didn't perform for his team in any major tournament just because he is Messi like 2010 and potentially this year

Even Messi knows he has to perform in major tournaments for his country to be labeled as the Greatest which is what I have been trying to explain to a rectum enthusiast like yourself unfortunately your head is so far up his that you can probably tell what he had for lunch

Hehehe hypocrite! Go through your posts addressed to me and show where you didn't insult or imply disrespect? Disrespect begets disrespect bruh

He has 8 goals in 5 tournaments! 2 semis and 1 Final! You must be dumber than I thought if you expect a football minnow like Portugal to win the World Cup or Euros a competition they struggled to even qualify for before Ronaldo showed up

While Messi with a heavyweight Argentina (2 time WC winners 2 time finalists) cannot do zilch

Going by your idiotic logic we can also ask Messi go to England and see how well he fares! I'm not even one of those that say he has to leave Barca but you would be a knobhead to claim Messi can be the greatest player based on one club achievement alone! That is the sole point I've been trying to knock into your brickhead
lol. It's so evident the english man had you in mind when he coined the word '1diot'. Not to worry there is a new proposal for semi final trophy or final trophy d1ck head! U sAy messi didn't perform in any major tournament. Name the major tournaments this year. He just won la liga with a record 100 points and by a record 15 points. Oooo iam so sad at your name calling and iam sobbing right now. F00l. Yeah I dissed you. But name calling is cheap. Quit with the name calling and diss me too . You are the biggest hypocrite of all. Calling portugal a minnow? Portugal been a footballing power since euro 2000. Argentina on the other hand fell off. A super attackers nowadays. Average midfield, poor defence. But u would rather lie to yourself. Your IQ must be a midget.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dmcdad: 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2013
A-40:

I am sorry for you... You are even laughing at your ignorance. Abeg I no get time type much, just visit this site and every stat you crave about the duo will be at your palms... www.messivsronaldo.net/

Na you go use your hand type how far...
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 9:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
This A 40 details too petty to substantiate. Ronaldo scored bla bla bla. Figo, nuno gomez, pinto, xavier, koller all put portugal on the map. For club ronaldo is a mini messi. For country messi still won more trophies while ronaldo won nothing. And you here trying to twist records. 4 ballon d'ors to only one. They no be mates at all. Even the ballon dor ronaldo won in 08 when messi had a long spell of injury. Messi can oly aspire to surpass pele and maradona while ronaldo can only aspire to be messi and you A40 can go jerk yourself off a band of barb wires.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by dmcdad: 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2013
A-40:

You have exposed yourself hook, line and sinker. Please can you give me analysis or stat or record of Ronaldo's 55 goals Name all the tournaments that he scored and how many he scored in each... And see if super cups are not among... Gradually, you are letting yourself know how ignorant you have been all these while. Thank you for bringing yourself out

Abeg count them give me I dey wait...
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 9:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
dmcdad:
You have exposed yourself hook, line and sinker. Please can you give me analysis or stat or record of Ronaldo's 55 goals Name all the tournaments that he scored and how many he scored in each... And see if super cups are not among... Gradually, you are letting yourself know how ignorant you have been all these while. Thank you for bringing yourself out

that's how dishonest he's been throughout this discussion. He wAs quick to count 55 goals for ronaldo and wants to remove messi's own.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 10:44pm On Aug 11, 2013
ddippset: emmanuel babayaro won the olympic. Raul albiol won the world cup. Iam still trying to teach you something- you can be the best even without scoring. Btw ribery and messi, messi scores more, assists more, dribbles more, what more can I say? Stop being an embodiment of stupidity. You act like your mama gave you brains not a brain. I means that's the only way a human could be so stvpid.
You can't give what you don't have! shebi its when you are not ignorant that you can teach somebody something

"You can be the best without scoring" was that not my initial argument when I joined this thread? I used your analogy against you ode! For goodness sake Who sired this halfwit?

Stupidity must be the currency used to exchange goods and services in the jungle you were hatched I'm sure

Ozil,Mata score and assist more than Xavi and Iniesta so that means they are better Issac Simpleton

ddippset: you are the only person in the world who doesn't know that messi scored 53. Because speaking in stupidity terms, you are in a league of your own. They don't count super cup goals and yet you are so happy to count 55 goals for your 'partner' for last season? Why am I not surprised when you are nothing but ronaldo's 'stan'
You are a crying disgrace to the people that brought you to this world! Messi scored 50 goals in 2010/2011! If he scored 53 then why didn't he share the Golden Shoe with Ronaldo?

Edumare will punish you if you don't show where I claimed categorically that Ronaldo scored 55 goals! Wasn't that the stat you and your partner in phoolishness brought forward?

ddippset: lol. It's so evident the english man had you in mind when he coined the word '1diot'. Not to worry there is a new proposal for semi final trophy or final trophy d1ck head! U sAy messi didn't perform in any major tournament.
The semi-final of the Champions League was Barca's biggest game last season you inbred bush animal

ddippset:
Name the major tournaments this year. He just won la liga with a record 100 points and by a record 15 points. Oooo iam so sad at your name calling and iam sobbing right now. F00l. Yeah I dissed you. But name calling is cheap. Quit with the name calling and diss me too . You are the biggest hypocrite of all.
When you chose to attack me you are not at liberty to determine how I respond

ddippset:
Calling portugal a minnow? Portugal been a footballing power since euro 2000. Argentina on the other hand fell off. A super attackers nowadays. Average midfield, poor defence. But u would rather lie to yourself. Your IQ must be a midget.
Because football started in 2000 ba? Ewu! Tell us how many Euros and how many World Cups Portugal have featured in? Now compare that to Argentina

So when people are talking about Spain,Italy,France,Germany,Brazil,Netherlands,Argentina as superpowers this farm tool would mention Portugal? If the World Cup was starting tomorrow Portugal would be one of your favorites? Horse-shyte is where your grey matter used to be obviously
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by kolamilan(m): 10:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
dmcdad:

what is your criteria of choosing europe or world best is it by the goal scored or what ? And i want you to remember that cannavarro didn't score many goals before he was named the world best.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 11:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
dmcdad:
I am sorry for you... You are even laughing at your ignorance. Abeg I no get time type much, just visit this site and every stat you crave about the duo will be at your palms... www.messivsronaldo.net/

Na you go use your hand type how far...
Loooool I brought stats from ESPN soccernet this tumfulu brought stats from messivsronaldo.net a site probably created by a halfwit like him

ddippset: This A 40 details too petty to substantiate. Ronaldo scored bla bla bla. Figo, nuno gomez, pinto, xavier, koller all put portugal on the map.
Koller played for Portugal? Hahahahaha

Ronaldo's contribution for Portugal dwarfs Messi's for Argentina that's all I'm saying

ddippset:
For club ronaldo is a mini messi. For country messi still won more trophies while ronaldo won nothing. And you here trying to twist records. 4 ballon d'ors to only one. They no be mates at all. Even the ballon dor ronaldo won in 08 when messi had a long spell of injury. Messi can oly aspire to surpass pele and maradona while ronaldo can only aspire to be messi and you A40 can go jerk yourself off a band of barb wires.
I never said Ronaldo is better than Messi you phool! Go through all my posts! I brought the comparison to show that Messi can never be the greatest if he doesn't perform for Argentina a feat even Ronaldo had accomplished

Shut up you unrepentant w@nker! You think everyone is s€xx starved like you?

dmcdad:

If you have any shame you would refund every cent to whoever sponsored your education! The 55 goals Ronaldo scored emanated from you and your gang of ret@rds! If it is inaccurate then we can add that to your lengthy list of gaffes

Now tell us if Messi scored the same number of goals Ronaldo did in 10/11 then why didn't he share the European Golden Shoe with Ronaldo? You are the biggest idi0t in the world if you fail to do so
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 11:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
dmcdad:
Sorry to say bro but you are proving to me by the minutes how shalow you can think at least as regards football or are you just being biase? Messi was outplayed by Ronaldo? CR7 or the real one? Lol. Scored bunch of goals against lesser teams like Osasuna, Levante and Getafé. Good! I guess Ronaldo didn't play these teams too. Or did he? C'mon! Don't be biased. Ronaldo played a total of 55matches and scored 55goals. What a wonderful achievement! But that achievement becomes less wonderful when you considers what Messi did; played 50 matches and scored 60goals. Now you wanna compare their game per goal ratio? Not to even mention that about 6 of the matches Messi played last season he came from bench, playing just 30minutes or less.

Whichever way you wanna see it, Messi outshined Ronaldo in all ramifications. And need I remind you that Ronaldo didn't win even a stainless spoon (unless the spanish supercup has become a major trophy to you).He didn't break and or set any special record. or did he? Apart from scoring in six straight consecutive champions league matches. Can we talk about Messi now? Won the La-Liga with a record 100 points and scoring 46 league goals in the process. Scored in 19 consecutive league opponents, and also winning the European golden shoe award in the process.

What more can you ask for?
Can you see this Ewu? This idi0t accusing me of claiming Ronaldo scored 55 goals is actually the originator of the stat! You see your life

Do you still have anything to say for yourself?
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by kolamilan(m): 11:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
Time 2 unfollow dis thread cos i dont do baseless argument. A-40 pls don’t argue with idiots because they will
drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by A40(m): 11:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
kolamilan: Time 2 unfollow dis thread cos i dont do baseless argument. A-40 pls don’t argue with idiots because they will
drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
You make a good point! Let me leave room for others to unearth their infinite phoolishness
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 2:15am On Aug 12, 2013
A-40:

Loooool I brought stats from ESPN soccernet this tumfulu brought stats from messivsronaldo.net a site probably created by a halfwit like him

Koller played for Portugal? Hahahahaha

Ronaldo's contribution for Portugal dwarfs Messi's for Argentina that's all I'm saying

I never said Ronaldo is better than Messi you phool! Go through all my posts! I brought the comparison to show that Messi can never be the greatest if he doesn't perform for Argentina a feat even Ronaldo had accomplished

Shut up you unrepentant w@nker! You think everyone is s€xx starved like you?

If you have any shame you would refund every cent to whoever sponsored your education! The 55 goals Ronaldo scored emanated from you and your gang of ret@rds! If it is inaccurate then we can add that to your lengthy list of gaffes

Now tell us if Messi scored the same number of goals Ronaldo did in 10/11 then why didn't he share the European Golden Shoe with Ronaldo? You are the biggest idi0t in the world if you fail to do so
your research took too long I slept off. You have refused to stop advertising your stup1dity. Soon we will start billing you by the second and I be a billionaire by the break of dawn. Pls save ypurself the embarrasment ok. Messi and ronaldo were tied at 53 goals 10/11 season. The point isn't whether you brought the 55 goals issue, the point is that it's the fact and you looked the other way when I wrote it because it suited you. Ronaldo's contribution dwarfed messi's for country because a midget brain says so? argentina was a super power back then and that means it will be forever? If you are still trying to prove ronaldo has performed more for portugal than messi for argentina then the gene of ignorance must run so deep in your lineage. If I got a naira for everything stupid you said tonight I' be a billionaire already. It is better to be stvpid and be quiet and leave people doubting than talk and leave people without a doubt. U still insist your argument is that you can be the best without ascoring and yet u jump at every opportunity to say messi didn't score for argentina and that's your sole reason for calling him a flop while according to you ronaldo has achieved for portugal becos he ascored as a couple of goals. As for messi, my point is this-bring in the goals he is the best, remove the goals- he is the best. All up in your face.
You couldn't be smart for once even to save your own life. Damn you one dvmb n1gga, suicide is the only way out for you mr ronaldo's stan.
Re: Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 by ddippset(m): 2:25am On Aug 12, 2013
A-40:

You make a good point! Let me leave room for others to unearth their infinite phoolishness
say zidane didn't play for france but for algeria and ended up winning nothing for country would that remove from the great player he was? Say messi nationalised for spain like they wanted to make him do and he won the world cup and euros, would that add to the great player he is? Think about that and while you're at it go ask your old man if stvpidity was in the food menu while u were growing up and if it was a buffet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Carabao Cup: Bristol City Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 20th December 2017 / FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 / FA Cup: Nottingham Forest Vs Arsenal (4 - 2) On 7th January 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.