Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,548 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Road to World Cup 2010 - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Road to World Cup 2010 (7055 Views)

Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) / Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 / Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by folahann(m): 10:29pm On Jun 25, 2008
RSA are not helping themselves at all

looks like they are going to miss out in 2010 nations cup

the tricky fomular will be largely against them

their point against the last team (which will probably be Eq. Guinea) will be deducted

that is even if they manage come second in the group
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by nazzyon(m): 5:37am On Jun 26, 2008
They are merely participating in the qualifying match.

They already have automatic qualification as the host.
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by Fadajasi(m): 8:33am On Jun 26, 2008
But no automatic ticket for nations cup 2010,its angolas
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by Mustay(m): 8:49am On Jun 26, 2008
Fadajasi:

But no automatic ticket for nations cup 2010,its angola's

true
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by nazzyon(m): 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2008
Andorra has proven that England has to do more than just play to score.

Andorra's formation is definitely to prevent England from scoring but so far so good England's Rooney, Defoe has been fantastic

But goals are not coming yet.
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by nazzyon(m): 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2008
What a goal!

Awesome goal by Joe Cole
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by nazzyon(m): 8:11pm On Sep 06, 2008
Another goal by Joe Cole

Eng 2 - 0 Andorra
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by nazzyon(m): 9:01pm On Sep 06, 2008
El ManifiCole separates England from baby Andorra.
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by Hannibal: 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2008
@ Nazzyon,

You saw Wazza's sublime assist to set Joe Cole's 2nd goal??

Argentina is losing as we speak. . . . .Tevez got sent off and Heinze scored an own goal.
I must confess its the best match i have seen today and i have seen like 14 already.
Nani scored a good goal for Portugal too and it's all good so far for Man Utd players(no nasty injuries). grin grin

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL   Sergio Aguero gets the equaliser.
What a sensational move from Messi to set up Aguero. . . . .
If Argentina can keep these midgets fit for 2010 WORLD CUP, they should win it.
They play with so much skills and panache.
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by camegirl(f): 9:34pm On Sep 06, 2008
Cameroun toooooooooo huray Africans we are truly the #1 team grin
Cam 2 cape verte 1
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by ritchboy(m): 10:30pm On Sep 06, 2008
Nani scored a good goal for Portugal too and it's all good so far for Man Utd players(no nasty injuries).

u 'forgot' to mention nani was 5 miles OFFSIDE when he was put through! grin
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by nazzyon(m): 7:35am On Sep 17, 2008
SIX AMONG THE OLYMPIC SQUAD WERE INVITED TO PLAY IN THE SUPER EAGLE's QUALIFYING MATCH AGAINST SIERA LEONE

The full squad:

Goalkeepers: Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei-Yehuda/ISR), Austin Ejide (Bastia/FRA)

Defenders: Joseph Yobo (Everton/ENG), Danny Shittu (Bolton/ENG), Onyekachi Apam (Nice/FRA), Taye Taiwo (Marseille/FRA), Dele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam/NED), Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow/RUS)

Midfielders: Sani Kaita (Monaco/FRA), Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev/UKR), Christian Obodo (Udinese/ITA), Mikel Obi (Chelsea/ENG), Kalu Uche (Almeria/SPA)

Forwards: Osaze Odemwingie (Locomotive Moscow/RUS), Nwankwo Kanu (Portsmouth), Obinna Nsofor (Inter Milan/ITA), Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Everton/ENG), Chinedu Obasi (Hoffenheim/GER), Ikechukwu Uche (Getafe/SPA), Joseph Akpala (Club Brugge/BEL)

Source: Super Sport
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by nazzyon(m): 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2008
Will Saturday be judgment day for Sierra Leone?
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by bawomolo(m): 3:29am On Oct 08, 2008
hopefully odemwingie is more agressive in this game. he was passive and tentative in the olympics.
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by Olaolufred(m): 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2008
Nazzyon,

I see them struggle to score as usual.

If anything better happens, it will be because of the Olympic boys( kaita, osaze, ogbuke, nsofor and Kanu).
All these boys have tasted Silvers while king kanu has handled GOLD.

Except from I K uche and some few others like Ayila, Danny shittu plus 3 more players,

I see the other Otondos runing round the pitch like the next pregnant woman going to labour room.

The score line will be Nigeria (1) S/leone (0). Goal score in 87 mins.

If the result looks better than this, then give the kudos to Siasia's boys.
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by hollandis(f): 2:11am On Oct 10, 2008
Olaolufred:

Nazzyon,

I see them struggle to score as usual.

If anything better happens, it will be because of the Olympic boys( kaita, osaze, ogbuke, nsofor and Kanu).
All these boys have tasted Silvers while king kanu has handled GOLD.

Except from I K uche and some few others like Ayila, Danny shittu plus 3 more players,

I see the other Otondos runing round the pitch like the next pregnant woman going to labour room.

The score line will be Nigeria (1) S/leone (0). Goal score in 87 mins.

If the result looks better than this, then give the kudos to Siasia's boys.

ROFLMAO
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by nazzyon(m): 8:59pm On Oct 10, 2008
Win we must tomorrow.
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by Bobbyb(m): 11:37pm On Oct 10, 2008
even lagos select side suppose win 2mrw match
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by nazzyon(m): 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2008
You may see me as a critic because of what you're about to read below.

Super Eagle's has yet again proven to themselves and most Nigerians that they can fly.

But the question that still lingers in my mind is; Can we fly above the world?

With the players and performance displayed so far in the qualifiers, we might as well assume that we have the fire power to beat any African country.

Now the question we should be asking ourselves without fooling ourselves with a suitable answer is that; Are we good enough to make the top of the Group table in 2010?

We will never know if we don't start to play friendlies with countries like Croatia, Argentina, Italy, Spain and may be Germany or Argentina.
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by Olaolufred(m): 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2008
@Nazzyon,

I really put my tent by yours.

They did not struggle to win the match. Kudos to the ravaging quarteth of Osaze, Nsofor, Uche and desperate Ordia.
Can you see that the psychology of seeing it all at Beijing is reforming some of the boys?
I K uche and Taye Taiwo are all olympic boys. because their hearts were at Beijing if not for their clubs.

I said the day will be decided by their performance and so it was.

Nazzyon, I think Shuaibu can consult Onigbinde, Siasia, etal for technical supports.
We Nigerian need result. And he must put all pride aside to give us smiles that we demanded from him.
Next is building a team that intimidate and overides opponent. Shuaibu needs more technical supports
to achieve this feat.
Re: Road to World Cup 2010 by Olaolufred(m): 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2008
So far, i am glad.

Because we are begining to see the mitochondria of a new Eagle. Which solely will be build around

Beijing Olympic Stalwarts. I am sure of this Because they are going to give the so-called established
Eagles fight for their shirts.
Yobo's mistakes may give Obinna or Ayodele the starting shirt.
If Shuaibu really knows what he is doing, NO PLAYER CAN HOLD HIM TO RANSOME.

Remember, a small selfish mistake made by Siasia in 1994 build up to cup of nation was what gave
room to Amokachi. Amokachi, given the opportunity by Westerhoff prooved that he could do better
than Siasia. ONE TASTE, AND HE GRABBED THE SHIRT FROM his established senior.

Now, Shuaibu can go ahead to build a strong TEAM by making his Jerseys hard to get.

I SEND THIS MSG TO OUR SO-CALLED ESTABLISHED EAGLES THAT;

If you think you've got a Jersey, watch out because there are hungry lads comming from behind.
Like Siasia/Amokachi case, If they get the chance, they will possess the jersey completely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pat Lampard Is Laid To Rest / AFCON 2012: Cote d'Ivoire Vs Equatorial Guinea (3 - 0) On 4th February 2012 / Latest Soccer Transfer News And Rumours Involving African Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.