Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? (17414 Views)

Poll: He/she is your ideal soulmate but doesn't believe in God. Can you marry him/her?

Yes: 31% (31 votes)
No: 69% (69 votes)
This poll has ended

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by chinani(f): 10:43pm On May 29, 2006
Rottweiler:

Some of you guys, the problem is that because you are opportuned to be based outside your motherland, you think where you are is equivalent to Heaven and as such, there ain't no Heaven. Please open your eyes and your mind!
Ohmygosh, it's so interesting that you just wrote that. B/c I think this life is hell and there is no hell.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by Rottweiler(m): 10:50pm On May 29, 2006
chinani:

Ohmygosh, it's so interesting that you just wrote that. B/c I think this life is hell and there is no hell.

Sorry about that. Do you stay in Afghanistan? I understand why you equate life to hell. It's a pity. Just endure. You will soon be free. I mean when your guy decides to strap some bombs to himself in order to spend eternity with some virgins in the great beyond grin grin grin grin grin grin
It's 10.47pm here in naija, I have to go pray to my God before going to bed. Cheers.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by lauryn(f): 10:55pm On May 29, 2006
Yes. I would marry an Atheist
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by goodguy(m): 11:05pm On May 29, 2006
Rottweiler:

It is not advisable to marry someone who doesn't believe in God because the chances of the person polluting your faith is high.

On the contrary, you, as a believer, should have the upper hand in a situation like this. This is the more reason why I wouldn't mind getting married to an atheist, because I know eventually, she wouldn't need anyone to tell her God exists. She'll proclaim it herself!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by Seun(m): 11:25pm On May 29, 2006
chinani: I think this life is hell and there is no hell.
So do I. You know what this means? We are meant for each other: Christian Atheist marries Atheist Christian! cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by chinani(f): 11:32pm On May 29, 2006
Rottweiler:

Sorry about that. Do you stay in Afghanistan? I understand why you equate life to hell. It's a pity. Just endure. You will soon be free. I mean when your guy decides to strap some bombs to himself in order to spend eternity with some virgins in the great beyond grin grin grin grin grin grin
It's 10.47pm here in naija, I have to go pray to my God before going to bed. Cheers.
Gosh, I didn't mean it to sound that dramatic. Let me rephrase: I don't believe in Hell.

What I meant was: If Hell is the absence of God and (I think) the world operates w/o a second thought about God despite what ppl may say, then the world is Hell.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by chinani(f): 11:33pm On May 29, 2006
Seun:

So do I. You know what this means? We are meant for each other: Christian Atheist marries Atheist Christian! cheesy
LOL Seun!!! cheesy Is that a proposal? But then again, are you EVERYTHING I've ever wanted? Those are the conditions, abi? wink
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by jgirl3: 7:16am On May 30, 2006
lol - it depends on the person. If the person has a good nature - then it is possible for me to marry him.
About the life thing, life is not hell - it is so much more lenient than hell. At least good stuff happens in life but in hell, there is no good at all.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by LiquidMind(m): 7:39am On May 30, 2006
If you don't have faith in God
How can you stand when all hell is breaking lose in your marrage ??.
And the enemy is ragging like a flood to distroy anything connected to you.

Except the Lord-God build a house or else the builder labour in vain.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by dakmanzero(m): 7:15pm On May 30, 2006
my answer to this is:

like and like must marry.

however that does NOT translate to 'same religion must marry'.

it translates to

tolerant X tolerant   or intolerant X intolerant

the intolerant should marry someone of like mind (this implies a same-religion-union)

the tolerant must NOT MARRY AN INTOLERANT PERSON or they will regret it. same religion or not!

look for someone as openminded as you are and have a happy married life
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by emmie4j(m): 8:07pm On May 30, 2006
chinani:

LOL Seun!!! cheesy Is that a proposal? But then again, are you EVERYTHING I've ever wanted? Those are the conditions, abi? wink

Am beginning to like this Chinani of a girl kiss,,,,,where du u stay again? grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by Akolawole(m): 10:23pm On May 30, 2006
Never!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by chinani(f): 2:56am On May 31, 2006
emmie4j:

Am beginning to like this Chinani of a girl kiss,,,,,where du u stay again? grin
TEXAS! cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by diddy4(m): 2:58am On May 31, 2006
u people should leave chinani alone abeg, she is not the only girl on nairaland. there other girls here. lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by damygurl(f): 4:00am On May 31, 2006
No. Bcuz sooner or later it's gon come between us.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by otokx(m): 10:10am On May 31, 2006
no
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by donnie(m): 5:45pm On Jun 01, 2006
No, that will be inviting satan to be my father in law.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by ToyM28(f): 6:11pm On Jun 01, 2006
@ donnie, lol. m sure satan can easily be nybody's father in law without d person veing to marry a non xstian. All dey ve 2 do is lust over someone
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by MrBean(m): 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2006
Hell NO !!!!

Freedom of choice is a beautiful thing.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by Yomz(m): 8:03pm On Jun 01, 2006
Love only can not sustain a marriage. Someone that does not beleive in God is  veritable tool devil's hand. Cat and mouse can not stay together.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by dominobaby(f): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2006
No, and it is a capital, bold and underline NO.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by spikedcylinder: 7:09pm On Jun 02, 2006
I will not marry a believer of whatever faith. grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by spikedcylinder: 7:12pm On Jun 02, 2006
That was a joke by the way.

Seriously,i saw a post earlier(cant remember who posted)that said atheist,animism etc is one and the same thing.I mean,how ignorant can someone be?Damn!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by baby4u2(f): 5:57am On Jun 03, 2006
start ur own topic spike. this topic is "can you marry someone who doesn't believe in God".
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by Badman888(m): 7:15am On Jun 03, 2006
nah i dont think i can, better to marry someone who have same beleifs as u. you can relate together and stuff
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by silans(m): 8:53pm On Jun 04, 2006
NO and Never!!! cool cool cool Because the Bible amde us to Understand in the book of 2corinthians 6:14 that we should not yoke with an unbeliver. that we should not yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?, so as a believer, i can't marry some one that does not believe in God, but if it is the will of God, then who am i to say no undecided undecided undecided. but i know God can never allow that to be His wish for me, He made us to understand; in the book of Jeremiah, that His work for mankind is not of evil but of Good, tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by silans(m): 8:57pm On Jun 04, 2006
wow, nairaland users, its good to understand the Bible very well, i just quoted a Bible passage there that we shouldnt yoke with unbelievers (2corinthians 6:14)

but please take a look at 1corinthians 7:13 it says ; "And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him."
i think i will go ahead and marry her then convert her mind and everything unto God. grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by dominobaby(f): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2006
Silans, it is not our duty to 'convert', since when did we become 'converters' for d Holy Spirit? If he/she is meant for u, he/she would have come under d convinction of d H.Spirit. Unless one does not follow d scriptures in dat regards.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by Seun(m): 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2006
Religion divides people. It's so sad. I'll just marry a nominal Christian and we'll produce cute atheist babies.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by dominobaby(f): 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2006
@seun, why a nominal xtian, why nt an atheist like u?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by chinani(f): 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2006
Seun:

Religion divides people. It's so sad. I'll just marry a nominal Christian and we'll produce cute atheist babies.
And who says the children will be cute atheists?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? by Seun(m): 10:41pm On Jun 04, 2006
That's true: what if they turn out to be Christians!??!?! Oh my, parenting is such a risky occupation. cry
You train your Children to turn out right, and then they go and decide to be Christians. It's shameful angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Drop Your Prayer Point Here. / God Hasn’t Told Me There’s Going To Be Election Next Year – Adeboye / Is The Biblical Cain The Son Of Lucifer Or The Son Of Adam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.