Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. (867 Views)

Hmmm! My Neighbour's Bn Singn Xtian Songs Since She Got Hrtbrkn 3 Wks Back / Married Woman Wants Me To Bear Her First Child / After 3 Abortions, He Will Marry Another Lady This Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by Mulatto: 6:35am On Jun 02, 2008
Hi, I have a big, big decision and I need your help.
I met this beautiful Nigerian women a few weeks ago. I am an American male. We went out on a date a couple weeks ago and things seemed ok but I had no true indication of whether or not we were making a connection. I personally thought that she was gorgeous and very sweet and lovable. She actually made us dinner that night before the date. Having talked a few times in b/w on the phone everything was going slow, suddenly today she asks me to meet her because she has something very important to ask me. It turns out she filed twice for a visa, cancelled the first, and went through with the second. Unfortunately immigration is looking at the first as a violation and they are threatening deportation. The only reason she came to the USA was to go to FAA school, which she is currently attending and she showed me paperwork to prove it as well as lawyer's documentation being used to fight immigration. Long-story short she asked me if I would help her by marrying her. I told her that I view the institution of marriage as a sacred one and I only planned to have one marriage. She agreed and was sympathetic with my reasoning. My solution was to do a speed-dating session, where we go out everyday and talk as much as possible until she had no alternative but to get married, that's a week or two for us to make a solid decision. Am I crazy? Am I doing the right thing? do you think she will drop me as soon as possible?
I personally think she is a sweet, honest, caring person and absolutely gorgeous in my eyes. I have always believed in the Indian tradition of quick marriages and learn/enjoy on the go, so that is not a problem. I just want to make sure that I am not setting myself up for heartbreak. Any wisdom/help is very much appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by acidrop(f): 6:38am On Jun 02, 2008
do u like her, moreover u can just marry her jst to help her and she will stick with u/ 9ja gurls can be so unpredictable
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 02, 2008
It's a tricky one.

But, I admire her honesty.
At least, she's laid her cards on the table, rather than her telling you she's in love with you.
You could marry her, just to help her out, who knows?
Obviously, you really like her, she could grow to like and love you in return.

Good luck whatever you do decide.
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by SweetT1: 8:11am On Jun 02, 2008
acidrop:

do u like her, moreover u can just marry her jst to help her and she will stick with u/ Nigeria girls can be so unpredictable

Wow acid, i am so impress with your honest response. It is highly unusual to hear a blunt assessment of Naija sistas from another Naija sistas. They usually go on blind defense of each other. grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by krama(m): 8:37am On Jun 02, 2008
Well marriage is an institution ordained of God, and i believe marriage is for keeps. You know her more than all of us here, so if you are okay with each other and you want to get married, then go ahead and marry her. But I would not advice the use of marriage just for the sake of achieving something. Another thing is that no one is unlovable, and love is a choice, so if you guys are sincere to each other, and if you want to make the marriage work, then you can genuinely decide to love each other even after you are married. And live happily thereafter, which is my sincere desire for you guys.

But if you don't think you can genuinely get married, please find some other ways of helping her, if there is any.
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by sistajay(f): 9:01am On Jun 02, 2008
@ Poster

Pity, she had to put you in such an awkward postion, bottom line is only you can decide if you want to help her out. She is desperate to stay on and it looks like you are her only hope of doin so. Will she be paying you for the 'fake' marriage?
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by Leilah(f): 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2008
At least she is being honest, never know the love can grow more and more everyday and if you play your cards right it could be all well.
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by NubianQ(f): 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2008
Siena:

It's a tricky one.

At least, she's laid her cards on the table, rather than her telling you she's in love with you.

like siena said. its tricky, i can understand when u want to be married just once for the right reasons ( dont we all) but things just happen. u can either marry her to help her or you can tell her plainly that u cant marry her. its not any fault of yours, people just want a better life abroad and sometimes its good and sometimes bad. she did tell u the truth unlike some people who would just go ahead and pretend to love u and decieve you. do what u feel is right but make sure you consider how u feel. its more important than anything.
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by amberella: 1:28pm On Jun 02, 2008
Do you have low self-esteem or something? Don't let yourself be treated like this. This woman could destroy your life in so many ways.
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by NubianQ(f): 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2008
amber_ella:

Do you have low self-esteem or something? Don't let yourself be treated like this. This woman could destroy your life in so many ways.

well in cases like this, some people are just soft hearted and feel for people in tight situations. not really about self esteem.
we have to understand that the lady needs help. marrying her wont destroy his life, maybe hurt him emotionally if he falls for her and she doesnt return it. but atleast she told him the truth. personally, i can agree with you when you say the woman could destroy his life but i can only say the only way might me in an emotional sense but in a financial sense he can have lawyers draw up a pre-nup if need be.
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by amberella: 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2008
NubianQ:

we have to understand that the lady needs help. marrying her wont destroy his life, maybe hurt him emotionally if he falls for her and she doesnt return it. but atleast she told him the truth. personally, i can agree with you when you say the woman could destroy his life but i can only say the only way might me in an emotional sense but in a financial sense he can have lawyers draw up a pre-nup if need be.

IF he decides to do this (which I personally think is a HUGE mistake on SO many levels), he needs to understand the risks. They are not just emotional. When you sponsor someone, you are responsible for them. It is a really big deal, not just signing a couple papers.

I suggest, at the very least, that he consult a lawyer to understand this situation from all angles. At the very least!
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by savanaha: 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2008
I've heard of an instance where this time of marriage worked out. Just lay your cards out as she has laid hers and tell her that you hold marriage sacred but value the India style marriage where the process is sped through and made to work as a learning experience. Try to connect with her family and try to get her to meet yours. In the end it is your decision but you should not go against your conviction and then later regret it.
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by Mulatto: 11:44pm On Jun 02, 2008
Thanks for all of your comments,  I really appreciate your kindness.  We talked about it and I stressed my strong feelings about a one-time marriage and she was not sure if she could do forever,  so I basically told her that she needs to find someone who is willing to be paid in exchange for the legal hassles and emotional stress involved in it.  And that's that,

to 'his grace',   in america I am considered black (however I am a white and black mix - aka a mulatto) and you better believe that I handle my business in the boardroom as well as in the bedroom.  Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by krama(m): 12:51am On Jun 03, 2008
Since she wasn't sure she wants the marriage to last 'forever' right from this onset, im glad that you have taken the best decision by letting her go. But on the other hand, appreciate her for being honest with you.
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by nellyholmz(m): 1:10am On Jun 03, 2008
HELLO IF YOU GOT ANYONE WHO NEEDS ASSITANCE WITH GETTING A VISA PLEASE ASK THEM TO CONTACT ME,,,THAT IS MY FIELD OKAY,,,,MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS nelsonobi@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by SourSex: 1:13am On Jun 03, 2008
nellyholmz:

HELLO IF YOU GOT ANYONE WHO NEEDS ASSITANCE WITH GETTING A VISA PLEASE ASK THEM TO CONTACT ME,,,THAT IS MY FIELD OKAY,,,,MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS nelsonobi@yahoo.com
nigerians fraudsters
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by Nwaka77: 3:43am On Jun 03, 2008
SourSex:

nigerians fraudsters

Always at work grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by LAKANYE(m): 4:29am On Jun 03, 2008
Mulato,
I was born in Croydon, England; My parents are Nigerians. I am a United States Citizen. I have worked for the US Immigrations in the past.
Please do not let her get deported back to Africa. I am sure it must have been a great hurdle for her to have come down to this level. God does not come down from Heaven to help us anymore, He sends humanistic angels in forms of relationships to help one another. If you would not assist her desires, you may regret it later in life.
I CAN ACTUALLY HELP HER TO LEGALLY STAY IN THE STATES WITHOUT HAVING TO BE MARRIED TO ANYONE. AS LONG AS SHE IS ACTUALLY FROM NIGERIA, AND NOT THE FAKE SO-CALLED NIGERIANS in the STATES. and I don't need a dime from her.
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by acidrop(f): 6:24am On Jun 03, 2008
Wow acid, i am so impress with your honest response. It is highly unusual to hear a blunt assessment of Naija sistas from another Naija sistas. They usually go on blind defense of each other.

tnx 4 pointing that out, yes i disagree
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by amberella: 1:26pm On Jun 03, 2008
Good for you - you made the right decision.
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by NubianQ(f): 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2008
LAKANYE~:

Mulato,
I was born in Croydon, England; My parents are Nigerians. I am a United States Citizen. I have worked for the US Immigrations in the past.
Please do not let her get deported back to Africa. I am sure it must have been a great hurdle for her to have come down to this level. God does not come down from Heaven to help us anymore, He sends humanistic angels in forms of relationships to help one another. If you would not assist her desires, you may regret it later in life.
I CAN ACTUALLY HELP HER TO LEGALLY STAY IN THE STATES WITHOUT HAVING TO BE MARRIED TO ANYONE. AS LONG AS SHE IS ACTUALLY FROM NIGERIA, AND NOT THE FAKE SO-CALLED NIGERIANS in the STATES. and I don't need a dime from her.

i don't trust you! abi u sure say no be BEDMATE u dey find? grin grin grin grin

you are in this thread again yarning.

on the other hand, if can help the lady, that would be good. like u said the lord sends humanistic angels and if anyone can help the lady, it would be very nice!
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by buzyDiva(f): 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2008
@poster,

It's a tricky one.

Siena said it all.
at least she was sincere that she needed help and laid her cards on the table.
its up to u if u feel comfortable helping her out by marrying her or not.
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by LAKANYE(m): 3:17am On Jun 04, 2008
NubianQ:

i don't trust you! abi u sure say no be BEDMATE u dey find? grin grin grin grin

you are in this thread again yarning.

on the other hand, if can help the lady, that would be good. like u said the lord sends humanistic angels and if anyone can help the lady, it would be very nice!

NUBIANQ,

HOW COME YOU THEY FOLLOW ME AROUND THE WORLD LIKE MY SHADOW?

YOU SURE SAY YOU NO GET INTEREST IN THIS BRITISH/NIGERIAN/AMERICAN DIGNIFIED INTERNATIONAL MAN
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by NubianQ(f): 9:56am On Jun 04, 2008
LAKANYE~:

NUBIANQ,

HOW COME YOU THEY FOLLOW ME AROUND THE WORLD LIKE MY SHADOW?

YOU SURE SAY YOU NO GET INTEREST IN THIS BRITISH/NIGERIAN/AMERICAN DIGNIFIED INTERNATIONAL MAN

I said something nice to you now so stop hating. anyway, i am not interested in you!
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by Vicjustice: 10:08am On Jun 04, 2008
Mulatto:

Hi,  I have a big, big decision and I need your help.
I met this beautiful Nigerian women a few weeks ago. I am an American male. We went out on a date a couple weeks ago and things seemed ok but I had no true indication of whether or not we were making a connection. I personally thought that she was gorgeous and very sweet and lovable. She actually made us dinner that night before the date. Having talked a few times in b/w on the phone everything was going slow,  suddenly today she asks me to meet her because she has something very important to ask me. It turns out she filed twice for a visa, cancelled the first, and went through with the second. Unfortunately immigration is looking at the first as a violation and they are threatening deportation. The only reason she came to the USA was to go to FAA school, which she is currently attending and she showed me paperwork to prove it as well as lawyer's documentation being used to fight immigration. Long-story short she asked me if I would help her by marrying her. I told her that I view the institution of marriage as a sacred one and I only planned to have one marriage. She agreed and was sympathetic with my reasoning. My solution was to do a speed-dating session, where we go out everyday and talk as much as possible until she had no alternative but to get married,  that's a week or two for us to make a solid decision. Am I crazy? Am I doing the right thing? do you think she will drop me as soon as possible?
I personally think she is a sweet, honest, caring person and absolutely gorgeous in my eyes. I have always believed in the Indian tradition of quick marriages and learn/enjoy on the go, so that is not a problem. I just want to make sure that I am not setting myself up for heartbreak. Any wisdom/help is very much appreciated.
Hi
   If you believe you're in love with her, and you consider her deserving a help of this magnitude, then go ahead and marry her. As for the fear that she might drop you; trust me, it's not Nigerian women tradition to drop their husbands especially for selfish reasons: Believe me, Nigerian women do stay with their husbands even persevering hard times except given the extreme cause to quite a marriage.
   Take this, she won't drop you after she got her documents; in fact, she'd want to stay with you because you're her pride and hero.
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by krama(m): 10:19am On Jun 04, 2008
But the lady has already told him that she isn't sure of a one-time marriage! shocked
Besides the guy has already taken his decision on the matter.
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by whitelexi(m): 10:38am On Jun 04, 2008
enGaGe alPhA!

@Poster: If you love yourself, you will use your brain and not your heart in issues as this one. Nigerian girls are very wise. . . Sadly though, most of them use this wisdom in the negative way, especially those who look pretty and innocent - Fear them even more.
Re: Nigerian Woman Wants To Marry After 3 Wks Due To Visa Issues. by LAKANYE(m): 5:17am On Jun 05, 2008
NubianQ:

I said something nice to you now so stop hating. anyway, i am not interested in you!

I no belief you NubianQ. But, we go leave am like that for now. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Girls!!!!!! Please help me out here!! / Karma Is A B***h / How Would You Handle A Blind Date Knowing She Is Far Older Than You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.