Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

The Diary - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Diary (48157 Views)

BOOMERANG!!! The Diary Of A Foolish Lady. A Flash Fiction / The Diary Of A Crazy Kid / FOXY_REBIRTH - The Diary of A Dead Vampire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 9:00am On Dec 14, 2013
talentedjoe: Slickest. . . Where art thou?. . . I must confess . . I've been followin diz ish so sequentially and systematically. . . Yu're reali good @ O.P . . . Jes try finish ur work. . And also,i will like to shoot this stuff with you o. . . *m serious*
Yess boss....workin seriously on dat...we av 2 put an end 2 mediocrity in "NollyWOOD"
Re: The Diary by ruffhandu: 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
Slickest:
Yess boss....workin seriously on dat...we av 2 put an end 2 mediocrity in "NollyWOOD"

so you're still alive, perhap Mama Sunday has struck and paralysed one of your arms, just for a start and hence your not being able to continue your story here.

Nice job bro, keep it up. You're good and creative.
Re: The Diary by youthmustwork: 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: The Diary by Ralphjoe(m): 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kudos to you mr op(mr slickest) your story held me spellbound due to the high suspence in it & i must confess that you are a great writer, but 1 bad thing i notice about you is dat u take a long time to update. I finnished reading your story yesterday & i was expecting dat u might & have updated today bt imagine d dissapointment i felt nt seeing an update 4rm u, plz update sir
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 8:26am On Dec 15, 2013
Ralphjoe: Kudos to you mr op(mr slickest) your story held me spellbound due to the high suspence in it & i must confess that you are a great writer, but 1 bad thing i notice about you is dat u take a long time to update. I finnished reading your story yesterday & i was expecting dat u might & have updated today bt imagine d dissapointment i felt nt seeing an update 4rm u, plz update sir
I think its high time I xplain my process...while at my training dat lasts for 11 hours daily from monday-saturday, I barely av time to reply my pings talkless writing, and before I write ineed to be in the situation, I need to be present in my story, first I'll ryt d plot then I'll begin to build, u all won't like it when I wryt scrap that ain scary...u scared is my joy..its sunday, I'll forfeit MANU's match to write bcoz 2day is a free day 4 me...so u c I come out of my comfort zone 2 update during the week, so pls don't be disappointed...
Re: The Diary by IAMBREEZY: 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
*following*
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
Issue 29
---------------------------------------------------
Mama Sunday had her syringes in her hand as usual, I couldn't get a glimpse of her face as the light didn't reflect on her, with her shape and standing posture I didn't need to doubt, Nnenna was a little clear as I could see her broken skull still dripping blood, I couldn't see her eyeballs as it was too dark to look in to, she was holding an axe which she couldn't grip firmly, it dragged the ground as she came closer towards me slowly, Mama Sunday breathed heavily from where she stood like she was getting charged for the race of her life, there was a sudden light obstruction from the kitchen, a shadow protruded to the sitting room showing as it walked slowly to the parlour, I heard Onome's voice whispering "...baby don't cry..." as she walked slowly out of the kitchen, her belly was totally opened as different strings suspected to be her intestine and other internal organs dangled, she had one of my shirt in her hands wrapped around what she called her baby...to my greatest surprise, Baba from the outskirt appeared facing the wall towards the toilet, he had a broken bone which had a sharp end in his hand, his pants were opened as his buttocks harboured maggots, it was so decayed I felt disgusted at once. I had no where to run, I stepped back till I got to the door, my back was against the door with my hand banging on it as I watched Baba, Nnenna, Onome, Mama Sunday all approached me slowly.

I waited for a divine intervention like always but this was different, it was real and more fearful than earlier attacks, I was left with no other option but to wait, I couldn't scream so I don't get rescued by those who might believe there's something more to me getting public attention, it would give them the cause to investigate and ask questions that might lead to answers that are better left concealed. What stumped me was the arrival of a new ghost, I was beginning to get confused at the threats I get from ghosts I had no hand in their death, it appears anyone that dies in my presence haunts me, I hoped to get one chance at freedom so I could seek answers and the only one who could dish them out to me is the blind man.

I knocked out the thought of solution that circled my head and woke up to reality, they all approached me slowly and to make matters worse the only source of light which came from the kitchen went off, I couldn't see a thing but could hear the ghosts drag their feet closer to me, their breath sounded like an asthma patient finding it hard to breathe, I tried opening the door with my left hand as I cried out loud for help since there was nothing else I could do to aid myself, I felt a sharp pain on my left wrist which caused me to scream at the top of my voice, the door flung open giving way for me to rush out of my apartment, not caring who stood in front of me with a lantern, I pushed the person out of the way and dashed in to the centre of the compound, I fell continuously to the ground as I grew weaker, the pain from my wrist was so serious I couldn't even feel my hand, I looked down to the ground and saw thick blood pouring out which obviously belonged to me, I raised my left hand to take a look while I was seated on the bare ground but I couldn't take what I saw....my hand had been badly cut and only a strand of flesh held it on my wrist...my hand dangled as it had been disconnected from the wrist, I couldn't feel it anymore and the best I could do was cry "...oooh my hand..."
I looked up and saw Papa Sunday carrying little sunday on his shoulder running towards me, I thought of the explanation I would give to him but to my greatest surprise, he wasn't the only one running towards to me, other residents in the compound also ran behind Papa Sunday and past me, they all were running for their dear lives.. At the sight of the walking dead that came out of my apartment, the whole compound was put in an unexpected chaos, I sat on the ground in pain as no one even bothered to help me out, the horrible looks of the ghosts that held different instruments put everyone in a hurry to save their own life, I was too weak to stand up as a result of my blood loss, I looked straight at my apartment and saw Mama Sunday, Eugene, Baba from the out skirt, Kako, Nnenna, Doctor Eugene, Nurse Ngozi, Onome, the patient all coming out of my apartment, they all were horrifying as they sluggishly approached me, someone from behind grabbed me from my armpit to help me up, it was my mother, she screamed "...what is happening here...what is this...stand up John....stand up...!!!!", we ran out of the compound also but not the same direction others ran to, I had my bag wrapped around me as I whispered to my mother " mother....to the garage ...to the garage...", I struggled to walk but in no time, I passed out...

I woke up in a moving bus with my head on my mother's laps, I felt so weak and in pain as I could no longer feel my left arm, I raised my head slowly to see the whole bus setting, I and mother were the ones sitting at the back seat, other passengers filled the rest of the seats ahead as they all were looking back at us like we were criminals that got lucky at a crime scene, I sat up sweating furiously tilting my look slowly to my left hand, my hand was missing as my arm ended at my wrist, it wrapped with a cloth material that happened to be my mother's headtie, my hand had been completely separated from my arm and the rest of my body, I looked at my mother with tears filling my eyes, "you"ll be fine John...you'll be fine" that was all she could say as she slowly opened my bag to show me my cut off hand, it was stiff and shaped like it was holding something, I couldn't look anymore as I lowered my head to cry my heart out silently, I was so sad I thought of things I had done with my left hand, I thought of what I would do without it, not much I guess.. I had become an handicap as I do not have my complete body parts, I am now a guy that would be described as the guy without a left hand, am as incomplete as the word implies. I couldn't console myself neither could my mother, she just patted my back to tell me everything would be fine but deep down in me, I knew its just the beginning of the haunt like the sign board for bear hunting usually reads..

To my readers: I am really sorry for my late updates, its due to my busy schedule which I have to manipulate to get my plots and write the next issue... I'll endeavour to speed up the updates...
Thank you...Slick aka slickest aka zidiq....Onome says hi 2 u all...LOL

1 Like

Re: The Diary by MsSpaqs(f): 10:51pm On Dec 15, 2013
Lmao this na serious gbege
Re: The Diary by youthmustwork: 11:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
A week nw
Re: The Diary by olupentane(m): 12:32am On Dec 16, 2013
keep it coming
Re: The Diary by Olupompey(m): 4:31am On Dec 16, 2013
am just passing by
,...................dis one sha
Re: The Diary by afangide(m): 6:42am On Dec 16, 2013
Abeg make Onome no Hi us o!

1 Like

Re: The Diary by Clemzy16(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2013
Hmmmmmm....this is scarrrry
Re: The Diary by Wealthyone: 7:47am On Dec 16, 2013
Well done slickest. *Horror redefined!!!
Re: The Diary by Aghagba(f): 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2013
afangide: Abeg make Onome no Hi us o!
lol,u dey fear
Re: The Diary by afangide(m): 2:35pm On Dec 16, 2013
Aghagba: lol,u dey fear
fear? Dat na understatement, I extra fear. Imagine the food she carry go give Slickest for hospital!
Re: The Diary by Aghagba(f): 6:22pm On Dec 16, 2013
afangide: fear? Dat na understatement, I extra fear. Imagine the food she carry go give Slickest for hospital!
lwkmd
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 10:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
afangide: fear? Dat na understatement, I extra fear. Imagine the food she carry go give Slickest for hospital!
Come!!! No b me na...na JOHN...

1 Like

Re: The Diary by afangide(m): 10:55am On Dec 17, 2013
Slickest:
Come!!! No b na...na JOHN...
Ok noted
Re: The Diary by youthmustwork: 10:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
Op wia re u
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 11:32pm On Dec 17, 2013
Issue 30
---------------------------------------------------
The bus galloped, increased speed and slowed down, some passengers alighted while new one joined in, we proceeded from one settlement to another as we drew closer to Lagos, it was getting dark which made the bus slow down a little as it had only one dim head light on, there were few passengers left in the bus which was obvious their destination would be Lagos. I readjusted while seated, my mother sympathised with me telling me with the advancement of medical technology in the world my hand was going to be fixed, I submitted to her motivation as to keep me hopeful but there was a whole room of doubt, I kept looking at my arm as it looked awkward without a palm and fingers to make the hand complete. I was seriously weak even after all the things mother bought for me to consume, I knew it was the amount of blood I lost that weakened me so, I couldn't wait to get to Lagos so I could get proper treatment and know how to fight back these ghosts that haunts me because I am not willing and ready to die, I will never give in. " Why are those things, those people, strange people coming out of your apartment...the weird feeling I felt when I saw them sent some messages to my brain that they were ghosts....John I ate a meal cooked by a ghost, you know that is not a good thing...I deserve to know everything because I think we are in this together...I suspected your attitude when I came, no wonder you never wanted to go back... They were the ones who put you on the hospital bed the first time...John talk to me...I deserve to know..." My mother said gently, I raised my head forward looking straight at the windscreen because I was too ashamed and embarrassed to look in to her eyes and tell the truth....suddenly, Mama Sunday appeared in front of the moving bus on the highway which caused the driver to tilt the vehicle in to right side of the road which happened to be a slope with bushes and trees, the bus tumbled uncontrollably and quickly down the slope till it stopped in an up side down position, there was sudden silence...what I could hear was just the crickets and the toads and also the hissing sound of the engine, the groans of people in the bus was also very mild, I was too weak to even raise my head... I could only catch glimpses as I blinked my eyes, blood rolled down from my head as I was gradually going unconscious, my head banged like a welder was hitting two metals in my head, I could hear my heart beat slowing down as it in turn effected on my consciousness, I laid flat on the back seat with my head on my mother's legs, I whispered "Mummy....mummy...!!!" but there was no response, I was too tired to sit up and look behind me so I could check on my mother, all I was looking at was the broken side window in front of me, I saw different feet walking towards the window with an axe forcefully dragging the weeds, the cracks of the sticks in the bushes made sounds as the feet belonging to different people which obviously are the ghost that wants me dead stamped the bushes... Suddenly, Mama Sunday bent down so she could come in through the broken window, I couldn't do anything to defend myself as I felt to paralysed and weak to even keep my eyes opened...I heard peoples voices approaching but I heard no more when I slowly passed out...Mama Sunday was also getting closer and her face was the last I saw when darkness befell my consciousness...

The beep of mechanical instruments sounded nonstop, I gradually opened my eyes as my blurry vision slowly became clear, I raised my head a little to see where I was, obviously I was on a hospital bed with a drip pipe passed in to my skin on my right hand, some flashes quickly snapped in my memory as I got scenes from what happened, I thought of my mother and prayed she was okay, I opened the clothe used to cover me so I could take a look at my hand, it was still completely off but the wrist was well bandaged, I could only feel some little pinch which showed the killing pain was gone. I sat up a little when suddenly the bulb began to blink like it wanted to go off, at that moment, I was fed up of the disturbance, "Somebody...!!!" I shouted but no one responded, there was absolute silence like I was the only one left in there, I stood up and pulled out the drip from my right wrist with my teeth, I looked out the window which was a sliding one, I closed it as it was giving room for a lot of breeze, I saw my bag on a stool with blood stains on it and my shirt hanged by the bed side, it was washed clean, I didn't think twice as I wore it instantly, I still had my trouser on but my slippers were no where to be found, I picked my bag and hung it on my shoulder like I always do, my hand was no where to be found but I laid my hope on the people who rescued us. There was no one to answer any of the questions I had in mind so I had to look for someone, I couldn't tell what the time was but I could tell was late, I staggered to the door when suddenly there was a knock on the window, I looked back and saw Kako smiling back at me, I looked away and opened the door leading to the long passage, I limped as fast I could as I called for help, there was no response from anyone as it was obvious there were no living souls in the hospital, I sighted a staircase at the extreme end of the passage, I approached it as fast as I could when suddenly there was a strong hit on different doors behind me , I stopped and looked back and saw Mama Sunday and Nnenna walking towards me, Nnenna dragged her axe as usual as I also continued before they got to me , I rushed down the stairs till I got to the ground floor where the reception was, I fell to the ground when I saw armed men in uniform coming in with so much momentum, I thought I had been traced and caught but one of the officers gave his subordinates an order to take me out of the building, others proceeded up stairs leaving me confused in the hands of a police man who dragged me outside like I was a criminal. He dragged me to the front gate where I met a mammoth crowd, they all stood looking straight at the hospital like they were expecting something...

2 Likes

Re: The Diary by Ndkings1(m): 8:09am On Dec 18, 2013
Kai!
This story is killing!
SCARY, TOMARISING AND BLØOD CUDDLING.
Fire on boss.
Re: The Diary by Wealthyone: 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hmmmnnn....MR John Doe, the actor never dies. Well done slickest, more ink to your pen. Moreover, this issue is too short embarassed
Re: The Diary by Therock5555(m): 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
My pulse dey bang dangerously, abeg slickest come continue, u 5much
Re: The Diary by Clemzy16(m): 7:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
Mehn, this story dey do me strong thing like say i dey see kako with that sinister smile. Thumbs up bro
Re: The Diary by emsheddy(m): 8:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
u aint failing my expectation bro. Thumbs up. Slickest da Ghostfull
Re: The Diary by afangide(m): 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
Slickest hope ur not hiding sumfin from us?, hw come kako is among the league of ghosts haunting my guy(John), na him kill am?
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
afangide: Slickest hope ur not hiding sumfin from us?, hw come kako is among the league of ghosts haunting my guy(John), na him kill am?
Kako was jejely haunting his own room but ur John said he loves his company
Re: The Diary by afangide(m): 9:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
Slickest:
Kako was jejely haunting his own room but ur John said he loves his company
LWKMH!
Re: The Diary by aytuns(m): 11:23am On Dec 19, 2013
Most times i'm happy i read ur story in the day time, else i wont be able to sleep thruout the night
Re: The Diary by BasseyJ(m): 3:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
Mehn, so i don finally catch up. You're a great writer man
Re: The Diary by youthmustwork: 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2013
BasseyJ: Mehn, so i don finally catch up. You're a great writer man
we go still leave u behind. I trust MTN. Lmfao

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass / Oceanofpdf.com Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.