Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

The Diary - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Diary (48160 Views)

BOOMERANG!!! The Diary Of A Foolish Lady. A Flash Fiction / The Diary Of A Crazy Kid / FOXY_REBIRTH - The Diary of A Dead Vampire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Diary by Clemzy16(m): 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
If you could elude the duo this time then i don't see you dying in this story.
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 6:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
Clemzy16: If you could elude the duo this time then i don't see you dying in this story.
U think so?
Re: The Diary by Karevwite: 9:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
hehehe slickest oyo lo wa.
Re: The Diary by J0nyb0y(m): 11:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
scaaaarrrryyy...
Re: The Diary by Jerry2i(m): 11:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
Scary and entertaining
Re: The Diary by Clemzy16(m): 12:06am On Nov 30, 2013
Slickest:
U think so?
i know so
Re: The Diary by Tgold1(m): 12:40am On Nov 30, 2013
R.i.p in advance slickest, coz u gonna die in diz story.
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 1:20am On Dec 01, 2013
Issue 24:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fear, confusion, hope and choice were all I had to bargain with and fast because every split nanosecond counted, I looked back at Mama Sunday who walked with assurance that my days are over, she dragged her self towards me leaving a conspicuous bloody trail on the white tiled passage, I looked at the opened toilet where Eugene was waiting, the moment I stared at Eugene, the aggrandizement of fear left me no choice but to cry at the top of my voice for help. Mama Sunday maintained her pace as she got closer and I was left with no option but to join Eugene in the toilet, I closed the door and passed Eugene to stand on the slippery closet, I didn't stop calling for help as Eugene also didn't stop staring at me with a patient look, just then I realised Eugene wasn't after me...he only wanted something from me.

Mama Sunday's creeping sound stopped at the door and the next thing I expected was she walking through, I took a deep breath to get ready for my death when suddenly the door barged opened and a lady in a skimpy white dress was standing looking at me awkwardly, "what's the meaning of all these sir...u stained the whole tiles with your blood and you stood here calling for help, can you please get off the closet and follow me..." A lady who appeared to be a nurse said, quickly I jumped to the ground and walked towards her, Eugene was gone and Mama Sunday was no where to be found, I quickly preceded her leaving her to close the door, the blood trail by Mama Sunday was very visible which began to scare me, I looked back and saw the nurse cat walking behind me, the blinking fluorescent made me see Mama Sunday standing at the end of the passage with so much anger as usual, I hastily faced straight and walked on back to the ward.

The nurse looked at me like I was mentally deranged without altering a word, she ordered the cleaners to clean the stained tiles while she checked my bandages and plasters to see where I bled from, she had a confused look on her face but she believed it wasn't obvious, the situation just left her in a world of mystery leaving no visible clues. She left rolling her eyeballs and also believing in maybes, I sat up looking at the passage door where the cleaners were still their cleaning, I hoped and prayed they seeing the dead's blood is not a bad sign. "Its a bad sign kid...when the living sees the tracks and left overs of ghosts it means there's a big problem, it means the ghosts are angry and they want to be visible to all, the angrier they get the more people die, why don't you just give it up so this doesn't get any worse...you'll still die anyway..." The blind man said, "...see, you're getting on my nerves oo!!...did I ask for your opinion or advice?..or can't I have privacy of my own thoughts?..." I replied swiftly acting like I never needed his help but deep inside I was beginning to understand what was going on, " glad I could help..." He said again, I remained silent and watched the cleaners walk out of the ward, I stationed my eyes on the door leading to the horrific passage thinking about what next to do because the attempt on my life gets closer on every attack and to think of it, its just Mama Sunday that's on my tail, what if others join?...

18:00
No unexpected movements, so attacks, the last six hours has been peaceful and I didn't believe I could interact well with the blind man who later told me his name was Sam, he said he was blinded by those he prophesied to, he said he warned them not to send their first son to the university for that would be his doom, he said many cursed him and others gave listening ears, it wasn't up to a week when the news came home that their son was dead, out of annoyance the whole residents attacked him like he was responsible for the unfortunate incident that befell the poor family, in the process someone out of many stuck a stick in his two eyes which got him blind believing that would put an end to his vision of misfortunes, I felt sorry for him and gave him my cue on the matter, I blamed for always revealing his visions, I told him its not everyone that wants to know what the future holds, he defended himself by saying he had saved more lives than those that have crucified him. Other patients who really didn't understand english spoke their native language and Sam replied even if they really didn't understand what the conversation was all about, the voices of other patients made the ward a little lively burying my fear but leaving the head out in the open, the nurses came to give each patient their medication not excluding me too, some were injected to go to bed early while others were taken for a walk to stretch their muscles.

20:00
Its going to be a long night, I can't request for that syringe that knocks patients to sleep so I don't encounter any attack, I might just be killed while I sleep too because the main reason for hustle is to live,so that definitely is not really a good idea... eyes wide open till only God knows when, its dark already and their mode of operation electrically here has been briefly explained at about 7:00pm when a nurse came with a rechargeable lamp, she dropped it at the centre of the ward on a stool with its bright lights facing the ceiling so everybody can enjoy the little brisk it distributes, I couldn't just take my eyes off the door leading to the passage, the little opening on the top of the door has a transparent glass that makes one see through, I could see a little of the passage through the glass and it was dark as the path to the throat, since there is no electricity the blinking fluorescent has no effect, it is definitely going to be one scary night. Some new faces dressed as nurses came in earlier this evening talking about how they'll need to sleep over night,it was obvious they are on the night shift, they both talked about how hectic their day was, all I could learn from them was that there won't be anyone to call on for help when it all boils down. I still did not take my eyes off the door keeping tab of any sudden movement, I stylishly ate my dinner which happened to b fufu and one piece of meat with my eyes fixed on the door like that's the only place a ghost could appear or come out from.

10th Jan 2009
08:00
Another day and am still breathing, another night passed and am still here to update my diary, last night was the most scary night of my life, for every night that passes by it leaves memories that'll linger all my life,i I ate my dinner like I was supposed to but with all concentration on the door, it was getting late and all other patients were asleep except I and Sam, he narrated his escapades as a first timer in Lagos but my attention for him was very minimal, he knew I wasn't paying attention but he didn't stop, suddenly his tone changed "I feel forces....angry forces... Not one ...not two...I have never felt such intense hatred and anger in my life...they're coming for you...they are...", he gave me no room to ask him any any question before one of the nurses came in to give him his medication, they finalised it with a sedative that put him to sleep because I called his name after the nurse left but he never answered, I knew I was downfall but what to do was far fetched in all my ideas, suddenly my phone rang, I was so confident it was my mum because the doctor said she was already on her way, to my surprise it wasn't my mother...the name on the screen indicated Onome, I was so scared I dropped the phone on the bed, I looked around the ward and every patient was asleep, I was alone with my fate. I stared at my phone as it didn't stop ringing, suddenly it stopped and a text message got delivered, I picked it to read but the sender was Onome, it read " PICK THE CALL....YOUR BABY WANTS TO SAY HELLO!!!", immediately, the phone began to ring again, I summoned courage to pick it and placed it on my ear, all I could hear was a screeching noise and a baby crying in the background, suddenly a fierce whisper followed " you will join ussss...." and the phone beeped call ended..
Re: The Diary by adegwurulez(m): 1:42am On Dec 01, 2013
lols@you will join us
Re: The Diary by Karevwite: 8:00am On Dec 01, 2013
lol...ur visa is in process
Re: The Diary by MsSpaqs(f): 8:25am On Dec 01, 2013
shocked na wa o
Re: The Diary by PresidentAde(m): 9:25am On Dec 01, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Diary by skyscraperTM(m): 3:58pm On Dec 01, 2013
Scarrrry!! I'm sure Onome was using MTN, everywhere you go. Little wonder she could call you from the underworld.
Re: The Diary by J0nyb0y(m): 12:25am On Dec 02, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
Scarrrry!! I'm sure Onome was using MTN, everywhere you go. Little wonder she could call you from the underworld.
Lool.. Na true
Re: The Diary by deebarbie(f): 7:17am On Dec 02, 2013
Reading ds story in the morning is still scary,I can't enter my bathroom nw sadReading ds story in the morning is still scary,I can't enter my bathroom nw
Re: The Diary by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 02, 2013
*just watching!*
Re: The Diary by Valentinooo: 8:21am On Dec 02, 2013
Kudos man, this is great piece u have there, keep it up.
Re: The Diary by Aghagba(f): 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ah,gbege,ghost ke abeg slickest na my name u dey use o.(onome)bt damn dis story is scary
Re: The Diary by Jerry2i(m): 11:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
Nice write up slick. Keep it coming.
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
[quote author=Aghagba]Ah,gbege,ghost ke abeg slickest na my name u dey use o.(onome)bt damn dis story is scary[/q
Not my intention plz 4giv ma wrong pick of name...mayb u'll b ma character when I wanna shoot d real movie grin
Re: The Diary by shininglight: 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
*alarmed* *heart beating fast* I hope u say alive to finish dis story nd see d end of the year nd more. I'll pray 4 u.
Re: The Diary by Kslib(m): 2:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
Oh booooyyy eeeeeeeeee!!
Re: The Diary by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
deebarbie: Reading ds story in the morning is still scary,I can't enter my bathroom nw sadReading ds story in the morning is still scary,I can't enter my bathroom nw
Look out!!!
Mama sunday is at ya back! grin grin
Re: The Diary by Aghagba(f): 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
Slickest:
hides at d back of a chair,watches slickest then scream and because of fright he falls .AM REALLI ENJOYN UR STORY
Re: The Diary by Aghagba(f): 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
Slickest:
hides at d back of a chair,watches slickest, then scream and because of fright he falls .AM REALLI ENJOYN UR STORY
Re: The Diary by Tgold1(m): 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
Slickest! Slickest!! Slickest!!! Hmmmm
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 12:06am On Dec 05, 2013
Issue 25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts ran through my head with a leading bass heart beat, I wondered how the dead could operate a phone, immediately I decided to delete the message so it doesn't serve as an evidence against in the future, I got to the delete option to finally erase the message from my phone, I pushed the required button and waited as it displayed on the screen indicating it was going through the deletion process, suddenly it halted the process and beeped back a message saying "operation failed", I was surprised at the error prompt it brought back, I tried the process over and over again but the same beep subsequently returned, I went back to my list of contacts to delete Onome's number which was the contact that sent the message, the same operation failed prevailed my efforts, I was stunned at the new development on my own nokia model, with fear still very much in me I decided to view her number to see why it couldn't be deleted, to my utmost surprise a different combination made the contact that just reached me, her telephone number read "%^|¤@±"....
I pushed the red button reacting to the shock, but on the home my network indicated an SOS, my network provider wasn't indicated as it usually does, then my phone rang again...quickly I dropped the phone on the bed and looked at it like someone was going to come out of it, it kept ringing and suddenly stopped, it made a sound like the call had been picked, I listened attentively as silence followed the halted ring, "I know you can hear me John...we're coming...coming for you...you....you..." Whispers from different voices came out of the phone that automatically put itself on speaker, I could hear heavy breathing from the phone like someone was doing it intentionally, the breathing continued which made my phone emit soldering smoke, a hissing sound came from my phone and there was dead silence again. I tried picking up my phone but it was so hot it burnt my finger, I wrapped the phone with the bed sheet to aid me in holding it, the phone was turned off and all my efforts to turn on was to no avail...my phone was spoilt....

Reality set in when I realised I was alone in this because every other patient sharing my ward was asleep, sounds came from the passage leading to the toilet, I heard the knocks of heels echoing out the passage as if someone was approaching, I stood up and started walking backwards with my eyes on the door, the knocks didn't stop but instead it got louder meaning it got closer, my heart pounded harder like it was going to burst, then I started hearing echoing voices, different voices from different people, it all echoed out of the passage accompanied by the drags an knocks of their feet, "Joooooohn.....Joooooooohn.....Johhhhnnnnnnn...." Was all they whispered as they got closer to the door....

I approached the other door leading to the reception, praying I don't get attacked from behind, all of a sudden the door behind me opened and there was no movement nor sound, I was too scared to look behind me, I knew this night would definitely be the last, I slowly turned my neck around and there stood the nurse on duty, she held the door looking straight at me with so much anger written all over her face, "what is wrong with you this man...can't you just stay on your bed?...what are you looking for now?...psshw..please return to your bed..." She said angrily, I still had my eyes stationed on the door as the sounds from the passage still did not stop, "its like something or someone is in there..." I replied in a shaky voice raising my shaking hand to point at the passage door.

I wore a surprise look when I saw her looking at the door with so much attention and concentration, she acted like she could hear it too, "who's john?.." She said looking at me and back at the door as she walked towards the door like she knew who was behind it, " I don't know..." I replied her question giving way for her to walk, I told her to be careful but she ignored and walked on. She got to the door and pushed it open as she walked majestically in to the passage with the door shutting behind her, "who is in here?..." I heard her say but there was no reply to her inquiry, I stood at the closest exit entrance should in case there's need for an emergency take off, I kept my eyes on the door waiting for the nurse to return.

Silence ruled for minutes that the nurse had been gone, there were no longer sounds nor movements from the passage, I waited for minutes which I was sure amounted to an hour but since I no longer have a phone to keep tab on the time, all I could do was feel based on the passing moments. I became impatient and had no choice but to call out to her, I slowly walked towards the door and whispered to her, since I didn't know her name so I addressed her by calling her "Nurse...Nurse...", there was no response and it got me worried, I decided to peep through the glass so I could see from where I stood but the darkness in the passage prevented me from seeing a thing, I made up my mind not to go in there because I was sure those ghosts calling out for me will utilise their slim opportunity.

I looked through the glass again but all I saw was the same darkness, I called out to the nurse again then suddenly...there was a slap on the glass by a hand soaked in blood, quickly I moved back to see who it was, the door gradually opened an the nurse dragged herself out of the passage, her tongue was cut off as she had syringes all over her neck and one of her eye, her body also occupied syringes of different types which made her so weak she couldn't stand, her white skimpy dress was soaked in her own blood and it still dripped since the silk material couldn't hold any more of it. She struggled to raise her to look at me with her one eye, she couldn't even call for help since her tongue had been cut off. I couldn't go close to her because she was still at the door, she had a sympathetic look on her face and I could see the fear of not wanting to die, she got past the door and approached me dragging her self on the ground, she grew weaker until she no longer had any energy left due to her heavy blood loss, all I did was stood and watched her struggle, I was too scared to make a move, she stopped moving all of a sudden which quickly registered in my brain that she was dead. I was confused on what next to do, I got so tired of my existence and started bombarding myself with hopeless questions, "why me?...why must people keep dying?...when will it stop...", at that moment my fate wasn't clear even to me, it was so sure I would be the first suspect if the nurse is found dead or missing. I stood contemplating on my next line of action before anyone barges in, I decided to drag her to the toilet so I could be a little save of being accused, suddenly one of the patients in the ward from his bed shouted with his tiny voice, "you ...you....you don kill awa nurse?" He stammered as he sat up to get a closer and better view, I tried explaining to him but he kept repeating the same statement that I was a murderer....
Re: The Diary by 2map(m): 12:33am On Dec 05, 2013
Why couldn't i wait till tomorrow? I don enter one chance, mogbe!!!
Re: The Diary by MsSpaqs(f): 12:51am On Dec 05, 2013
Ha!
Re: The Diary by Madawaki01(m): 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
Lemme see how u wil evade this.
Re: The Diary by Tgold1(m): 8:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
Stuck in d middle of danger..... *u aint gonna go scot free*
Re: The Diary by chade(f): 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Shivers* Afraid is catching me....
.dis tory na confirm horror
guy u too much

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass / Oceanofpdf.com Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.