Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Why Do People Disrespect Single Women And Widows? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Disrespect Single Women And Widows? (1142 Views)

Reasons Why Your Girlfriend Will Disrespect You!! / This Brazilian Town Entirely Made Up Of Single Women Searching For Husbands / Kano State Marries Off Divorcees And Widows . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Disrespect Single Women And Widows? by mamagee3(f): 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2013
I was wondering why people tend to disrespect single women or widows with children as opposed to their married conterparts?

Is it because they don't have a man to protect them?
Re: Why Do People Disrespect Single Women And Widows? by Enegod(m): 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2013
in my place we don't
Re: Why Do People Disrespect Single Women And Widows? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2013
I guess you mean single women that are well advanced in age huh?
Re: Why Do People Disrespect Single Women And Widows? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 08, 2013
Op, that's not true, at all... Av u ever seen a top executive lady , coming down from her car , all dressed up , looking official, cute and no nonsense lady.......will any one disrespect her?
Or av u ever seen a well dressed lady coming down from a taxi, looking rich and confident,,.. Will anyone disrespect her?
Or av u ever seen comfortable hardworking young babes in their cars, going about their daily duties...... Will anyone disrespect her?

The issue is this .... The way u dress , that's how you will be addressed ... Irrespective of being single or married....
With all sense of humility, Am in my early 30s, single... But the respect I accord , everywhere I go, is amazing... Yes ma... ok ma.... its done ma, at my office and home environment, even at the banks...From a distance, u will think am married , due to my packaging, but no ring on my finger.... U go bow nah....so leave mata for Martha...
Re: Why Do People Disrespect Single Women And Widows? by tpia5: 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2013
Mamagee

If someone disrespected you, its probably because you annoyed them, not because you're single.

Do you agree you can be annoying?
Re: Why Do People Disrespect Single Women And Widows? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 08, 2013
Actually its true. ... people respect me because of the way I am..my personality...character...responsibility...etc... but once they find out my status their thoughts shift fast. I just wear ring to avoid all that. Makes me sad undecided
Re: Why Do People Disrespect Single Women And Widows? by Nobody: 2:46am On Aug 09, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Actually its true. ... people respect me because of the way I am..my personality...character...responsibility...etc... but once they find out my status their thoughts shift fast. I just wear ring to avoid all that. Makes me sad undecided
*thoughts shift closer*
Re: Why Do People Disrespect Single Women And Widows? by dmcdad: 9:37am On Aug 09, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Actually its true. ... people respect me because of the way I am..my personality...character...responsibility...etc... but once they find out my status their thoughts shift fast. I just wear ring to avoid all that. Makes me sad undecided
Like seriously? Don't worry...
Re: Why Do People Disrespect Single Women And Widows? by MrsChima(f): 9:45am On Aug 09, 2013

Certain.uneducated people thinks being single means you are unwanted and not marriage material.

Singlehood is no different than marriage other than it's two.headaches in marriage!

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / Qualities You Want In A Woman? / People In Romance Section Say Happy Birthday To Bunchers Stab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.