Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? (5189 Views)

Nigerian Lady Boyfriend Dumped To Marry Another Woman Breaks Nigeria Twitter / Angry Friend Takes To Facebook To Name & Shame A Guy Who Ditched Her / After 3 Abortions, He Will Marry Another Lady This Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by solo2(m): 3:46pm On May 02, 2005
I have a friend who is close to me and we discussed some issues about life in general.

My friend, a young man, was about to get married to a young lady from his state and the same village, and we were discussing the marriage plan when he got a telephone call from Jos. The caller was his lover who lives at Jos, and from the outcome of their discussion the phone, I notice that the lady {was asking} my friend why he should ditch her to marry somebody else after some years of their relationship.

And from all indication, she got to know about the marriage plan through some one who showed her the invitation card. If you were to be the lady, how would you have reacted?
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by Seun(m): 3:59pm On May 02, 2005
Can you see what happens when you have 'committed' relationships without any promise of marriage? You are 'going out' with someone who has no intention of marrying you, and maybe even sleeping with him. And when he dumps you to marry someone else, you are surprised. I will say nothing more.
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by Ra(f): 4:06pm On May 02, 2005
solo2, here's what I understand from your post: your friend who was about to get married was concurrently having a rather serious affair with another woman who somehow got to see the invitation card of her boy friend's wedding, only she wasn't the bride.

If the above is a concise summary of your post then without any iota of doubt, your friend belongs behind closed doors. But that's an entirely different story altogether.

Now, how would I react to such as a babe? I sincerely pray to God that it never happens to me because people have been known to run raving mad for less. Be that as it may, the most sensible thing, the only sensible thing really, for such an aggrieved woman to do will be to rightly call the guy, when she must have calmed down considerably from the reel of the shock of course. I’d give him the tiniest benefit of doubt that there's another guy out there bearing his very name and from the same town. Once he confirms he's the one and same person in a relationship with the girl and getting married to another, I suggest the girl in question thanks her lucky stars that she was never unfortunate enough to marry such a ghastly accident that is simply waiting to happen.

A guy who can allegedly be in a serious relationship with one woman knowing fully well that he is marrying another is a beast. I have more empathy for the wife than the girlfriend. At least she has the chance to still meet and rightly marry a better guy. The poor wife does not.
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by solo2(m): 9:07am On May 03, 2005
Ra, thanks that is exactly what happen,.
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by silverbird(f): 11:35am On May 03, 2005
Well, i'll say that the guy is not meant for the girl at first.
Only God knows wat will happen if she ends up marrying the guy. What if he seek for divorce after their marriage. A guy like that has no heart, a monster in disguise. If i were to be the one, though i will be heartbroken because i have all my hope on him but notwithstanding, i still have to move on. Maybe God knows what will come out of the marriage. Definitely something good is coming.
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by tayotina(f): 11:46am On May 03, 2005
Well said silverbird. Whoever maltreats a lady to such an extent is not worthy of being called a human being. So if I were to be the lady, I will just hand the animal over to God because He is the only judge and He knows best. Well, life continues so I will just pray i have the strenght to bear the pain because it could be so terrible.
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by mamba(m): 11:54am On May 03, 2005
Silverbird, are you like the real Silverbird?

Well, if my lover ditches me to marry another person I'll simply take heart and start from somewhere again. In this age where there are enough alluring chicks out there, I'll just look for a prettier chick as a consolation.
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by solo2(m): 3:08pm On May 03, 2005
If were to be the lady, I wiil thank God for taking away such a guy from my life, and I will pray for the right guy to come my way. and for him I will not even say a word to him so that his mind will prosecute him.
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by c0dec(m): 7:23pm On May 03, 2005
The lady should have seen it coming. Is she like blind? If you're deep in a relationship with anyone, you'll always know when it is about to blow up.

Anyway, like mamba said, if my lover (wish I had one now) left me, then to hell with her. More fishes are in the ocean.
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by Seun(m): 9:00pm On May 03, 2005
C0dec, She might have seen it coming, but she might also have been fighting to save the relationship, not knowing that the (wicked) boyfriend was already getting married to someone else. You don't leave your partner the moment you feel something might be happening.

From all indications, it was a long-distance relationship. It is easy to decieve your mate when you cannot monitor him/her. It is wrong to conclude that the lady must have been foolish.

1 Like

Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by solo2(m): 11:11am On May 04, 2005
The lady is not foolish, she is into the relationship with trust and all her mind on the said boyfriend.
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by Chigszy(f): 2:58pm On May 05, 2005
i am a very practical person, pack up leave him, hate his guts for a while then just get over it (move on)!! has happened before not in this particular way but i can relate!!!
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by Allenpowered(m): 11:57am On May 21, 2005
Yeah...move on...life is not stationary, we should not be...
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by solo2(m): 9:45am On May 22, 2005
Pls I want to ask, where is angel girl? is she no longer on this forum?
some body pls, call her attention.
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by hotpikin(f): 9:50pm On May 24, 2005
solo2:

I have a friend who is close to me and we discussed some issues about life in general.

My friend, a young man, was about to get married to a young lady from his state and the same village, and we were discussing the marriage plan when he got a telephone call from Jos. The caller was his lover who lives at Jos, and from the outcome of their discussion the phone, I notice that the lady [I]{was asking}[/I] my friend why he should ditch her to marry somebody else after some years of their relationship.

And from all indication, she got to know about the marriage plan through some one who showed her the invitation card. If you were to be the lady, how would you have reacted?
hmmm...if i was d lady eh, i won't even talk 2much sef...i'll just go outside naked @ 12am, carry sum oil 'n salt on ma palms 'n SWEAR 4 dt man! 'n then, i'll move on wit ma lifesmiley
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by pauly(m): 7:02am On May 31, 2005
Well that is the will of GOD, i have no option. u cant force some one to love or marry u.

I have a friend who fall victim of the same situation,she left him 4 another man, he used her and dump her to marry another girl,she now came back to my friend which is too late to accept her again. It may be Ur turn so be careful.

Paul BT lipsrsealed cry
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by legry(m): 10:02am On May 31, 2005
Chigszy:

I am a very practical person, pack up leave him, hate his guts for a while then just get over it (move on)!! has happened before not in this particular way but I can relate!!!

Tell the girl its LIFE! i am not trying to be mean here but i am sure she knew there was another person somewhere or some how and she took the gamble and lost, now all she has to do now is go back to her drawing plan and draw a better plan for her love life. Guys like this are the ones that make all guys look like animals, cause personally i think if you want to cheat on your girl its actually easier telling your intended lover that you have a girl in your life that you love, and if your intended lover is going to accept you she will and if she wont then she wont and you move on , Heck you were on cheating spree in the first place. So guys if you intend to cheat please dont lie about you being in a ralationship with someone cause trust me it would come back to hunt you .If a girl leaves a guy to marry someone else Guys dont even fight it, you lost cause you were doing something very wrong, 80% of the times that a girl leaves a guy its actually the guys fault so all you have to do is to really sit down and ask yourself alot of questions as to why the girl left you and once you are able to answer these questions then you should be ready to move on, heck you definately would be a whole lot better guy for the next girl you meets
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by solo2(m): 5:56pm On May 31, 2005
Well that is life, you can not get that which God has not approve for you. so if it is your own it will surly get to you, no what happen. so swearing is not accepted by GOD.
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by Motee(f): 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2005
Well, its unfortunate but there is nothing you can do. Just ask God for the grace to move on and forget him as a lover but take him as a friend because he might end up to be your soultide and you are in trouble especially if you love him soo much. Am just getting out of it so i understand what am saying.
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by eveseh(f): 4:51pm On Apr 25, 2006
that lover must be very stupid to tell me that angry angry
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by Rhodalyn(f): 4:51pm On Apr 25, 2006
absolute bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by mamaput(f): 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2006
One of these men that play with girls and when its time to marry they go home to look for a "Good girl" from home .One that has not opened her eyes.
But you know what they say about the devil you know.
When the home girl opens her eye(and mouth) they will be bigger than the one they ran away from.
I believe in Nemesis.(she is a powerful woman)
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by eveseh(f): 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2006
Rhodalyn:

absolute bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry

yea,it's fucking shit,how can your lover say go and love to someone else,
than that person aint real man grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by Okeamu1(m): 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2007
Show up on the wedding day. When the priest say do you know anything that will lead to disolution of this marriage. Raise your hand up and when ask, say he is cheating on you. The marriage will be over right there
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by ima1(f): 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2007
Let your friend pray and hope she doesn't crash the wedding with a gun bcoz i've seen that happen
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by dremoney(m): 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2007
Accept it as my fate(though might nt b so easy).

Try to b a better person afterwards.
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 23, 2008
Nigerian men beghave like beasts most of the time,they dont deserve to be loved ,small wonder our chicks flock for white men.they would never be so callous
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by nedsly: 1:03pm On Jan 23, 2008
its better being dumped before your marriage than after your marriage. lets not let desperation destroy us; a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage

we all know that time waits for nobody, but dont let ur legs run faster than the body
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by almondjoy(f): 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2008
No sweats at all for I have also ditched many others to marry another.  All's fair in love and war! kiss
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by adeboo(f): 8:19pm On Jan 23, 2008
I would go out and buy maself the cd of Toni Braxton - He wasnt man enough for me.

I would play that to maself over and over again.
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by TheSly: 8:35pm On Jan 23, 2008
ima poison her
Re: How would you react if your lover ditched you to marry another person? by Udiculus(m): 11:36am On Jan 08, 2010
Hey guy,i must compliment u on dat touching topic.I do pity ladies sumtime.U claim 2 luv a guy,u give him ur body nd at d end of d day u expect him 2 wed u after he has seen d most important part of u.Is no surprise 2 me,ladies should wake up nd becomes wise.To me i will say life must go on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Are You Going To Welcome The New Year 2012 With Your Sweetheart? / How To Get extra Free Kiss From All Females / [video] Watch The Moment LADY Teaches Men How To Eat Pu*sy Correctly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.