Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,938 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) - Career (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (59886 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kinnad(m): 7:31am On Aug 29, 2013
I'm back to my feet again,all thanks to God. The date and venue is noted,please also communicate the time.
For the motto,i suggest "IN WAR WITH MASS UNEMPLOYMENT".
I want to encourage us all,lets not lose the passion with which we started. A thing like this cannot be achieved without determination.Definately some will continue to sit on the fence till they see some success before they join.So i salute d courage of all who have been ac+ive so far,especially you Mr. EHIX
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 29, 2013
Hope it wont be bad if we apply a bit sense of humour on that motto? How abt something like this? "...GIVING RED CARD TO UNEMPLOYMENT IN NIGERIA".

Remember what happens when RED CARD is issued in football match. Just a suggestion.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 29, 2013
sambright2012: wot of if we remain faceless wit a hight agitation on media. i am in. chuks ebonyi 07066917803

And why did you ever conceived of remaining faceless? Are afraid to come out?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by OCTAVO: 8:27am On Aug 29, 2013
[quote author=RedBenson]Hope it wont be bad if we apply a bit sense of humour on that motto? How abt something like this? "...GIVING RED CARD TO UNEMPLOYMENT IN NIGERIA".

Remember what happens when RED CARD is issued in football match. Just a suggestion.[/qυσтє]
уєαн, α вιт σƒ нυмσυʀ мαкєѕ ѕєηѕє.
вυт тʀу αηɗ мαкє тнαт ѕнσʀтєʀ.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 9:57am On Aug 29, 2013
Yusphull: Mr. Ehix, thank you so much and I say a big weldone to you on this struggle so far to making Nigeria a better place to live because you are already showing some leadership qualities by giving us some Gingeristic words that should be a force to wake the sleeping Lion within us. May Almighty God in his infinite mercies protect us and make the date a realistic one.. (Amen)

I would like to commend my fellow brothers and sisters (Comrades) too who has contributed tremendously to this cause by chipping-in there ideas, suggestions, opinions and advices because "a tree cannot make a bush" to achieving this aim of ours (Operation No To Unemployment), may Almighty God bless us abundantly too and own a better job for all of us..

As regards the motto we are still deliberating on it on BBM Chat Group but the only one we are considering for now is "JOB CREATION, THE BEDROCK FOR SUSTAINABLE ECONOMY" and before 10:00am today I'm sure we will reach a conclusion and I will update you as well..

Our Slogan should be (Operation No To Unemployment)...

I stand to be corrected Oooo... My suggestions I think...

#peace

Thumbs up to the Lagos BBM crew repping big our great associatioin
The slogan is perfect( operation No to unemployment)
The idea for the motto is great I absolutely love it but once the general public accept I would send it to the web designer to continue with the work
Thanks y'all
Please tell dammy to always report to me on any things/agreements delibrated upon
Always get back to me on any decision...
Thanks
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 11:46am On Aug 29, 2013
ehixking:

The idea for the motto is great I absolutely love it but once the general public accept I would send it to the web designer to continue with the work
Thanks y'all
Please tell dammy to always report to me on any things/agreements delibrated upon
Thanks

The BBM crew is not only open to Lagos people Ooo coz I'm reporting from Ib city and I'm part of the group i.e its open to all members so far you are using BB coz we ar all working towards achieving one goal..

We will surely do so bro...

Long Live Our Association
Long Live Nigeria

#peace
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
Yusphull:

The BBM crew is not only open to Lagos people Ooo coz I'm reporting from Ib city and I'm part of the group i.e its open to all members so far you are using BB coz we ar all working towards achieving one goal..

We will surely do so bro...

Long Live Our Association
Long Live Nigeria

#peace
Thanks so much brother
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by zelexotunla(m): 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hello house, I must commend everyone for a well job done. Pls on deciding LOGO,MOTTO AND COLOUR for this great association why can't we be more creative with so that it would really portrait us as a learned brand and exempt us as a genuine graduates. Pls will can start consulting and researching before we conclude on any decision pls. I have thinking of "give us this job,our daily bread" but not truely convince with yet pls let us open to more suggestions and ideas. We can look out for expert in branding coy. Thanks
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by zelexotunla(m): 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hello house, I must commend everyone for a well job done. Pls on deciding LOGO,MOTTO AND COLOUR for this great association why can't we be more creative with so that it would really portrait us as a learned brand and exempt us as a genuine graduates. Pls will can start consulting and researching before we conclude on any decision pls. I have thinking of "give us this job,our daily bread" but not truely convince with yet pls let us open to more suggestions and ideas. We can look out for expert in branding coy. Thanks!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ignis: 8:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
I don't think the BBM group is capable of carrying majority of us along. What happen to those that doesn't have a blackberry?
I suggest that we open a facebook group which everyone can access irrespective of the device one is using, whether android, nokia, laptop e.t.c.
Just my one cent.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 11:04pm On Aug 29, 2013
icons: I don't think the BBM group is capable of carrying majority of us along. What happen to those that doesn't have a blackberry?
I suggest that we open a facebook group which everyone can access irrespective of the device one is using, whether android, nokia, laptop e.t.c.
Just my one cent.

There's a functioning facebook page created solely for this cause already.. Search for NAUG better still use this link https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1406249762926389&refid=52.....

#peace
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kinnad(m): 11:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
@Ehix,did you get a mail from Kinnad?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by In4matic: 4:16am On Aug 30, 2013
ehixking:

Thanks y'all
Thanks

hmmm,
For a slogan, a punchline should be sought after. a line that gives the hearer something to ponder about, something that re-echoes the essence of the struggle we are up against, something catchy and reverberating.

lets play with words a bit.

"I AM EMPLOYABLE"

"WE ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO BE PAID ENOUGH"

"FOR MY ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND YOURS"

"ENGAGE US TO INDUSTRIALIZE THE NATION"

"GIVE US STRAW, WE'LL BUILD YOU A NATION"

these are just suggestions that come to mind. please feel free to chew on them a bit.

permit me to borrow a leaf from my "Eku isee" brother above cheesy

Waaadooo!!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kinnad(m): 9:17am On Aug 30, 2013
In4matic:

hmmm,
For a slogan, a punchline should be sought after. a line that gives the hearer something to ponder about, something that re-echoes the essence of the struggle we are up against, something catchy and reverberating.

lets play with words a bit.

"I AM EMPLOYABLE"

"WE ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO BE PAID ENOUGH"

"FOR MY ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND YOURS"

"ENGAGE US TO INDUSTRIALIZE THE NATION"

"GIVE US STRAW, WE'LL BUILD YOU A NATION"

these are just suggestions that come to mind. please feel free to chew on them a bit.

permit me to borrow a leaf from my "Eku isee" brother above cheesy

Waaadooo!!
Lolz. nice one bro grin
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by JingoOAU(m): 10:51am On Aug 30, 2013
I just wanna use this opportunity to thank God and everyone that I just got a brand new job on tuesday this week with Nigerian Iarspace Management Agency as Public Affairs Officer......

Though, am now gainfully employed, but my body, soula dn spirit is with his group...I.e the unemployed
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by In4matic: 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2013
To achieve greatness is a function of conscious collective input.
No nation in the world have ever grown to super-power status except by collective state resolution for principled and progressive growth.

When we hear of figures and figures used up for bogus schemes and abandoned projects plus pointless state functions in the name of state banquets and a plethora of other Ceremonies, let us always remind ourselves the obvious implications of that. that for every million Naira Spent on wasted projects, ten Graduates have lost a hope for an average income. For Every Billion looted. 1000 Graduates would never see a meager income, lets not talk about the likely dependents and aged parents of such a graduate else the figure would triple. What of our children, borne and yet unborn? A question for those "lucky" to get "comfortable" jobs; What about the future of YOUR CHILDREN? i have asked of those around me and these are the answers i get on the average:
1. God Will do it again, He"ll show them favor as he showed their parents.
or
2. I will send them abroad to settle for a better life.

what does that imply? This situation will only get worse, everybody knows it.
there is a saying that if all were kings who would serve?
if we continue on this path, eventually we'll all be doing menial "entrepreneurial" tasks; making clothes and shoes from fabrics imported from china, repairing phones imported from china, fixing hair imported from Brazil, working as labourers in construction sites manned and run by foreigners, when we can make those fabrics, shoes, bags phones and equipment here.

on a side not,please can any Engineer in the house tell me if it really does beat the competency of a Nigerian Graduate to design an overhanging bridge, a road, a tunnel a simple locomotive train that justifies the importation of technicians even down to raw materials and equipment thereby taking what we ought to benefit and giving it to outsiders? it beats my imaginations to high heavens.
Where did all those bright kids go? who appeared on NTA jets-club in those days with designs upon designs of equipment prototypes? don't tell me, They are all begging-to-apply in banks and oyel companies cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

How will it get better? How did India do it? How did Singapore do it? how did China do it? can we even summon the chutzpah to attempt the Gandhi-kind of resolve to always wear Calico until India of then could make better fabrics? i wonder!

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Wendyslim(f): 4:12pm On Aug 30, 2013
ehixking:

Thanks y'all
Thanks
@ ehix, bbm crew has representatives all over.am a member and I represent abuja. Keep the flag flying
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
I just wanna use this opportunity to thank God and everyone that I just got a brand new job on tuesday this week with Nigerian Iarspace Management Agency as Public Affairs Officer......

Though, am now gainfully employed, but my body, soula dn spirit is with his group...I.e the unemployed

Congrats bro.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2013
A screen shot of our website ( still under construction)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2013
My heart goes to Adekunle from Abeokuta who has single handedly offered to build us a website where we can register as members and gets infos and updates concerning our association!!!

Please.....let's let's our hearts burn with a passion for freedom against inhumane acts and unemployment is one.
Let's support what's right and shun what's evil
We are all trapped between doing things right and doing the right thing
Now the right things to do may seems wrong, but let's our hearts be the judge, let's our children wake up one day and say "all hail our Fathers...they have done it all"

Let the struggle for a better life continue
Let rekindle the fire in us
Sleeping giants, sons of heros
If its still all a dream
let us all wake up
The time is now
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kinnad(m): 10:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
Jingo-OAU:

Congrats bro,its d Lord's doing and it's marvelous...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kinnad(m): 11:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
@Ehix,i ask again,did you get my e-mail?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 11:23pm On Aug 30, 2013
kinnad: @Ehix,i ask again,did you get my e-mail?

Ofcourse.....I even tried calling u, ur no was switched off
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 4:17am On Aug 31, 2013
Please note that the fact that the first meeting kicks off in Lagos doesn't mean that once you have a means of attending even though u are in the core north...everyone is invited

Subsequent meetings would be scheduled,time of meeting and venue
There would be a level at the geopolitical zones,state level and local government

Please
We need at least a total of 1000 members from each states before going ahead to register

For the Lagos flag off meeting please each nairalander whose been active should make sure the come with two new members, we need willing people to talk to people...book for annauncement in church,mosques
Go to Nysc CDs meetings,anywhere u can get people to talk to

May God guide our steps in the right direction
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 5:31am On Aug 31, 2013
In4matic: To achieve greatness is a function of conscious collective input.
No nation in the world have ever grown to super-power status except by collective state resolution for principled and progressive growth.

When we hear of figures and figures used up for bogus schemes and abandoned projects plus pointless state functions in the name of state banquets and a plethora of other Ceremonies, let us always remind ourselves the obvious implications of that. that for every million Naira Spent on wasted projects, ten Graduates have lost a hope for an average income. For Every Billion looted. 1000 Graduates would never see a meager income, lets not talk about the likely dependents and aged parents of such a graduate else the figure would triple. What of our children, borne and yet unborn? A question for those "lucky" to get "comfortable" jobs; What about the future of YOUR CHILDREN? i have asked of those around me and these are the answers i get on the average:
1. God Will do it again, He"ll show them favor as he showed their parents.
or
2. I will send them abroad to settle for a better life.

what does that imply? This situation will only get worse, everybody knows it.
there is a saying that if all were kings who would serve?
if we continue on this path, eventually we'll all be doing menial "entrepreneurial" tasks; making clothes and shoes from fabrics imported from china, repairing phones imported from china, fixing hair imported from Brazil, working as labourers in construction sites manned and run by foreigners, when we can make those fabrics, shoes, bags phones and equipment here.

on a side not,please can any Engineer in the house tell me if it really does beat the competency of a Nigerian Graduate to design an overhanging bridge, a road, a tunnel a simple locomotive train that justifies the importation of technicians even down to raw materials and equipment thereby taking what we ought to benefit and giving it to outsiders? it beats my imaginations to high heavens.
Where did all those bright kids go? who appeared on NTA jets-club in those days with designs upon designs of equipment prototypes? don't tell me, They are all begging-to-apply in banks and oyel companies cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

How will it get better? How did India do it? How did Singapore do it? how did China do it? can we even summon the chutzpah to attempt the Gandhi-kind of resolve to always wear Calico until India of then could make better fabrics? i wonder!

Great minds think alike
Even south Africa,has done it, how did they do it
Let's not just give these pot bellied men the chance to make us junkies and druggies
Let's ask them for what's ours
On AIT newspaper review of wednesday there was a report that Nigeria loses 365 billion to oil theft anually
So does it mean 1billon per day can't be saved to generate our textile industries
Nigeria produces nothing even my tooth pick was made in malaysia
Immagine nigeria importing bananas from Cameroon....whaoo
That sounds disgusting to me
Something must be done and the time is now

Still in anticipation of the first meeting
Everyone must be present
Some of us are just here to view and add funny post
All we need is your suport
Let's have your contact

Come and support us morally at the first meeting
Let this be our own part in building the nation

Thanks Ehis Abuya
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kinnad(m): 7:13am On Aug 31, 2013
ehixking:

Ofcourse.....I even tried calling u, ur no was switched off
Ok. please send your number to my email
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kinnad(m): 7:31am On Aug 31, 2013
1000 From each state,is that what the legal advisers said? Well on the issue of publicity,i have made some progress,and i know some who must be there.But some people refused to identify with such a name. I suggest you change that name now before it goes too far,and make this body a joke of the century.Trust me there are more important issues that will be dealt with on that day than change of name,and we don't have the whole day.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 9:32am On Aug 31, 2013
kinnad: 1000 From each state,is that what the legal advisers said? Well on the issue of publicity,i have made some progress,and i know some who must be there.But some people refused to identify with such a name. I suggest you change that name now before it goes too far,and make this body a joke of the century.Trust me there are more important issues that will be dealt with on that day than change of name,and we don't have the whole day.

A thousand from each state is just a set target if we hit it fine and if we can't we move on...
Most definitely the name might be changed !!
Some people love it that way tho...we have to do things democratically not just a mans view would count

Any way thanks for keep the dream alive
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 3:46pm On Aug 31, 2013
Why hasn't anybody comented on the website?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by cdoffx(m): 6:26pm On Aug 31, 2013
Wow is this that the website. Its nice as for me but since there're lot of us here let others talk about it too

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply)

Police Officer, Uju Okeke Promoted Today. Shares Photos / Parade By Boys Of Nigerian Military School Zaria Goes Viral / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.