Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,575 members, 7,958,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:04 AM

Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? (41600 Views)

Singer Alex O And Actress Oby Edozien Welcome Daughter (photo’s Inclusive) / Breaking: Oby Edozie, Alex O Welcome Second Baby (photo) / Nollywood Actress,oby Gold Edozieh Gets Married To Singer Alex O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Ishilove: 3:49pm On Aug 10, 2013
Raymysterio: I love his song..." oooooo yess she is mine...she is my banana naaana" old skool things...where the hell is this broda?
That was my favourite song of his. I however preferred Mike Okri, Danny Wilson and Alex Zitto to him.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by oscarookie: 3:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
Alex Ogidigba try well well pass all these days rappers whey dey copy each other musik. Kai! D guy finish work those days.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by chrisja(m): 3:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
[quote author=style$co]Just take sometime to bubble and shuffle
After all na hustle and bubble
Everybody wanna celebrate
But no one wants to know his age
If you want to know my age
Just go and ask a lagos man
He'll say
'Na wetin be your business?'
You fit celebrate 21 today
And say 'last time na 22'
The next one fit be 23
Just bubble and shuffle and forget about your age.

Lalalalalalala! Celebration!!!

Bros, I'm feeling you mehn...Make we take some time to Bubble & Shuffle Jor... Abeg, make d wizzy boys leave dis topic ehhhh....Lalalalalalala...Alex O...Wow...
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Ishilove: 3:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
texaco1:
All we hear now is see gobe,alingo,azonto, nothing really unique is coming out again,dbanj was bringing out a concept which would have classed him differently but with the trash he is turning out now I don't think he is it. Only 2face has been able to hold on to his style which stands him out
I thought I was the only one who noticed this. If dbanj had started out with the rubbish he is singing these days, he wouldn't have gone very far

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 10, 2013
Bros, thumps up... Gone are those days. sad
azpekuliar: I was young, but I recall rocking to some of his songs. He threw a few rap lines in one oh his songs, back then when reggae-influenced artistes like The Mandators, Peterside Otong, Ras Kimono, Majek Fashek, Orits Wiliki, Blaccky etc were the rave of the moment.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by goodgood2(m): 4:03pm On Aug 10, 2013
infobiz9ja: Who is Alex O?
A lot of nairalanders are asking: "Who's Alex O?" It shows we have a bunch of under-30s here.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by KDULAR: 4:03pm On Aug 10, 2013
Alex O ,good vocals , lovely dance steps handsome guy ( Don't you ever stop me , I wanna burst loose"wink. Gave us real classy songs then; going into music was not lucrative. We don't have much of them good again safe for Dare, Tuface Asa, and some few underground ones. These days we have same lame lyrics, auto-tuned voices, laid on whacky tracks, still giving up for Don baba J though.

Does anyone remembers Dora Ifudu, Dizzy K falola, Felix Liberty, Chris Okotie, Bright Chimezie, Lijadu sisters ?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 10, 2013
No be lie... Chei.
Talk about'Junior and Pretty' lol
Ishilove:
That was my favourite song of his. I however preferred Mike Okri, Danny Wilson and Alex Zitto to him.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2013
Alex O was a good singer no doubt...
good.good:

A lot of nairalanders are asking: "Who's Alex O?" It shows we have a bunch of under-30s here.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
During this period, Efik and Ibibio people dominated the reggae genre.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by chidooh1: 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
Yeah, i remember those days and Alex O's killer moves and dance steps, i was a kid then, i vividly can remember my elder brothers playing the songs and we the kids would come close to the windows to listen. He was just the talk of the town then, i also remember practicing his lyrics with kids in school back then. God bless Alex for making us sweat and giving us platform to party hard in the 90s.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
Let's take sometime to bubble and shuffle. . .If you ask a Lagos man e go hala and hala and say wetin be im business. . .
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by greatwaters: 4:18pm On Aug 10, 2013
Junior and pretty I know, but this dude I cant remember
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by begwong: 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
jude33084:

Older boys won't ask that question wink

Alex O, flelix Liberty, Chris Okotie, Jide Obi, Onyeka O,are the musicians we know those days smiley

Pls who sang " sugar cain baby" back then? undecided

shd be felix liberty!
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by MrMandilas: 4:29pm On Aug 10, 2013
Red_Card: a not so popular Nigerian musician who ruled in the 1990s. I didn't know him back then because I was just a child when he reigned so high in the late 1990s but I'hv read and heard so much about him. Good to know he's still around even though he's time has been up since long time ago.
He was popular in his time. He reigned the same time with Felix Liberty, Tony Okoroji etc i thinkk his last album was in 1994:
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by ocelot2006(m): 4:32pm On Aug 10, 2013
*Rap*
It takes sometime to bubble & shuffle
After all the hustle & bustle
Everyone wan celebrate
But no body wan talk him age grin
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by doncheks: 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ishilove:
I thought I was the only one who noticed this. If dbanj had started out with the rubbish he is singing these days, he wouldn't have gone very far

These days we dont have superb musicians,all we have now are good beats and trash lyrics.Their saving grace is that we are living in the internet age and publicity is cheap.

I miss those good ole days.where can I download ...she is my banana naaana.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by HezronLorraine(m): 4:42pm On Aug 10, 2013
waja: . Small boy, we have them.
I old pass you.I just was never brought up being attached to the nigerian setting,so I didn't know him.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by valicious1(m): 4:43pm On Aug 10, 2013
M
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by valicious1(m): 4:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
patwhizkid:

cheesy cheesy
My cute angel wink
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by HezronLorraine(m): 4:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
collynzo2: Fäggot.
gringringringringringrin.
Is that all u got,abeg go sleep.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by omanzo02: 4:59pm On Aug 10, 2013
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by texaco1: 5:07pm On Aug 10, 2013
I have also been wondering what happened to all those wonder music producers that we had them,people like lemmy jackson and laolu akins they all disappeared at the same time ,or has rapture occurred without me knowing?
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2013
orgasticdance: A recent pix of him. I think he's aged gracefully smiley
HASNT CHANGED MUCH JUST THE HAIRDO
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
Gbam... You have said it all... cheesy God bless those days. Edna is related to Opa Williams of 'A Night of Thousand Laughs' I think by extended family. That family is really blessed with talents. Those I used to see within my area then were The Mandators and Edna cos they had relatives in my street back then... Choi, Like play like play, boy2men cheesy
Okija_juju: Growing up, birthday parties were never complete withoutthese guys;
Alex O, Evi Edna Ogholi, Funmi Adams, Charly Boy, Oritz Wiliki, Mike Okri, Onyeka Onwenu, Blaccky, Mandators, Danny Wilson, Ras Kimono, Alex Zito, felix liberty, shina peters, e.t.c...

Dancing round the chair competitions were the bomb..

God Bless the good ol days..

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by docadams: 5:38pm On Aug 10, 2013
begwong:

shd be felix liberty!
VIRUS!
It's Harry Moscow.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by docadams: 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2013
I was lying on the bed when I logged onto this thread and going through it sent my mind back to years of wonders in Nigerian music scene especially wit 'love can make it work, dont u know I'm falling in love.... I need u, u need me' by Alex O. Tears of fond memories cascaded down my face.
Please, can somebody call my wife to tell her to leave me alone. She thinks I'm bereaved.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Ochek: 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2013
style$co:
Just take sometime to bubble and shuffle
After all na hustle and bubble
Everybody wanna celebrate
But no one wants to know his age
If you want to know my age
Just go and ask a lagos mama
She go halla halla
And shout back at you 'Na wetin be your business?'
You fit celebrate 21 today
And say 'last time na 22'
The next one fit be 23
Just bubble and shuffle and forget about your age.

Lalalalalalala! Celebration!!!

Good o'l days mehn!

Boy! U got Me groving and regroving cool grin
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Ochek: 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2013
docadams: I was lying on the bed when I logged onto this thread and going through it sent my mind back to years of wonders in Nigerian music scene especially wit 'love can make it work, dont u know I'm falling in love.... I need u, u need me' by Alex O. Tears of fond memories cascaded down my face.
Please, can somebody call my wife to tell her to leave me alone. She thinks I'm bereaved.

Good to know i still got ppl who enjoyed the good old days like I did. I Wish the younger NLanders could take a pick at the Good old days. wink
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by richt75: 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2013
one of our nija guys here in china whom used to live in singapore back then talked about him a lot. he has a resident permit in singapore and perform in night clubs there.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by andyanders: 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2013
adaobi123: Back to topic. The guy is cute. kiss

He looks like one of those black south Americans.

He is a true Ibo man my sister.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by trolling(m): 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
Okija_juju: Growing up, birthday parties were never complete withoutthese guys;
Alex O, Evi Edna Ogholi, Funmi Adams, Charly Boy, Oritz Wiliki, Mike Okri, Onyeka Onwenu, Blaccky, Mandators, Danny Wilson, Ras Kimono, Alex Zito, felix liberty, shina peters, e.t.c...

Dancing round the chair competitions were the bomb..

God Bless the good ol days..
so u don old like me,i dey carry first for dancing around those chairs, cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fan Begged Viktoh For Phone - See The Reply He Got From Him / Olamide, Phyno And Paul Okoye Hangout Together (photo) / Toyin Aimakhu Shows Off Gangsta Pose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.