Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,396 members, 7,954,575 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:11 PM

Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? (41589 Views)

Singer Alex O And Actress Oby Edozien Welcome Daughter (photo’s Inclusive) / Breaking: Oby Edozie, Alex O Welcome Second Baby (photo) / Nollywood Actress,oby Gold Edozieh Gets Married To Singer Alex O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by princeokek: 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2013
This is one artiste who got us grooving back in the days. The R’n’B crooner born Alex Okoroigwe but popularly known as Alex O has a lovely voice and actually dictated the pace of the Nigerian music industry with his classic songs, most especially Pretty women, which can still rule the air-waves, if remixed.

The Imo State born musician, ALEX "O", started his music career as a singer and performer trainee under Uncle Steve Rhodes, the famous Nigerian Musicologist and Television producer in Lagos, 1983. He later joined Lemmy Jackson Music Company and worked as a production assistant, song writer, arranger and voice trainer.

Two years later, an opportunity came knocking on his door which later resulted in the release of his first album in 1988 under Polygram Record Label but popularly known as Premier Music in Nigeria. This was his turning point and marked the beginning of a dream come true for him.

- See more at: http://celebgists..com/?psinvite=ALRopfW8HZWClHyUX2SsXTEJ-nqxLwVM7REqt3Ssnmxx0-cGMJlFieeaFecmf8SYgC8COUVQDNB0eCniIZ68IBwg5BCnD-U2ig#sthash.c066dmyd.dpuf

10 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by infobiz9ja(m): 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
Who is Alex O?
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by RedCard1(m): 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
infobiz9ja: Who is Alex O?
a not so popular Nigerian musician who ruled in the 1990s. I didn't know him back then because I was just a child when he reigned so high in the late 1990s but I'hv read and heard so much about him. Good to know he's still around even though he's time has been up since long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by deekseen(m): 8:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
Loved him so much back then. Played and danced to his music a lot. The voice, the boogie/bubble dance step, the jheri curled hair and the fine face were part of his selling points.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 09, 2013
The great Alex O. This guy was arguably the biggest name in Nigerian pop music in the late 1980s/ early 1990s. As big then as Tuface is now. Too bad there was no cable TV, Internet, and social media during his era. He could easily have been one of Nigeria's biggest artistes of all time.

8 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by valicious1(m): 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
okmailandy: Exclusive music single from the original baddoo: Feri D - Roll It www.donaktv.com/dtv-music-ferid-roll-it/. Be a part of the success story,its happening already 9ja wide. Download,share and rebroadcast.
Who b dis? Guy park oneside abeg make we see people wey stand b4 u wey siddon.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by azpekuliar: 10:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
I was young, but I recall rocking to some of his songs. He threw a few rap lines in one of his songs, back then when reggae-influenced artistes like The Mandators, Peterside Otong, Ras Kimono, Majek Fashek, Orits Wiliki, Blaccky etc were the rave of the moment.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by HezronLorraine(m): 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2013
So we had cool cute guys like this back in the days.never knew. undecided
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by orgasticdance: 10:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
A recent pix of him. I think he's aged gracefully smiley

18 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by sobastical: 11:49pm On Aug 09, 2013
Wow, I and my brother still talked about him last night... Wonderful step-dancer in those days... Good old memories smiley
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by normaljenny(m): 5:44am On Aug 10, 2013
infobiz9ja: Who is Alex O?

He did the first rap verse, cool music videos in naija, b4 pretty and junior even thought of it. He reigned along side stars like shina peters, onyeka owenu, bright chimezie, oliver d coke, oirtz wiliki, charlie boy etc

4 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by stchinedu: 5:58am On Aug 10, 2013
valicious1:
Who b dis? Guy park oneside abeg make we see people wey stand b4 u wey siddon.
LMFAO!!!
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 10, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: So we had cool cute guys like this back in the days.never knew. undecided
Sadly for you, he ain't gay! Dude Is happily married to Oby Edozie - Okoroigwe, a nollywood actress. angry

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 10, 2013
berem: Sadly for you, he ain't gay! Dude Is happily married to Oby Edozie - Okoroigwe, a nollywood actress. angry

Why u con press p like this grin grin grin
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 10, 2013
I.Joan:

Why u con press p like this grin grin grin
no, i just wan remind am say Alex o no be homo! grin
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 10, 2013
orgasticdance: A recent pix of him. I think he's aged gracefully smiley
He still looks handsome as ever. wink

4 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by HezronLorraine(m): 9:09am On Aug 10, 2013
berem: Sadly for you, he ain't gay! Dude Is happily married to Oby Edozie - Okoroigwe, a nollywood actress. angry
aww.heartbreak.grin.for ur mind,I get turned on by every cute guy,for ur dreams.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 10, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: aww.heartbreak.grin.for ur mind,I get turned on by every cute guy,for ur dreams.
You need to visit TB JOSHUA. You need deliverance. cry

3 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by dridowu: 9:19am On Aug 10, 2013
I just dy hear d name.........................aging will surely comes in when its time
use ur time meaning fully
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by HezronLorraine(m): 9:42am On Aug 10, 2013
berem: You need to visit TB JOSHUA. You need deliverance. cry
deliverance from what.demons.oh please save the lecture.u are a learner,shallow brainwashed hypocritical nigerian attitude.you guys talk like you own heaven.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 10, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: deliverance from what.demons.oh please save the lecture.u are a learner,shallow brainwashed hypocritical nigerian attitude.you guys talk like you own heaven.

Why did you get all defensive?
Are you feeling guilty cus you know deep down you really need that deliverance ? undecided

9 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 10, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: deliverance from what.demons.oh please save the lecture.u are a learner,shallow brainwashed hypocritical nigerian attitude.you guys talk like you own heaven.
Don't derail the thread.I was only giving you advice.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Virus777: 10:33am On Aug 10, 2013
Awww! This brings back fond memories of the good ole days! This guy was so popular back then in my primary school days. I remember me and me peers trying to imitate his captivating dance steps. smiley He was simply a sensation back then. Alex Okoroigwe! How time flies!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by HezronLorraine(m): 12:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
I.Joan:

Why did you get all defensive?
Are you feeling guilty cus you know deep down you really need that deliverance ? undecided
let's not derail this thread please.
Just note something:when you know little or nothing about something.it always positive to believe your assumptions as the basic truth.
Cheers.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by HezronLorraine(m): 12:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
berem: Don't derail the thread.I was only giving you advice.
advice well received.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by delors(m): 1:50pm On Aug 10, 2013
Yeah, I remember him and his jerry curl hair. Sets of Daniel Murphy (can't remember his names) the Ragamufin...what about him now? Planning a comeback? undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 10, 2013
He is cute smiley
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by stylesco: 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
Just take sometime to bubble and shuffle
After all na hustle and bubble
Everybody wanna celebrate
But no one wants to know his age
If you want to know my age
Just go and ask a lagos mama
She go halla halla
And shout back at you 'Na wetin be your business?'
You fit celebrate 21 today
And say 'last time na 22'
The next one fit be 23
Just bubble and shuffle and forget about your age.

Lalalalalalala! Celebration!!!

Good o'l days mehn!

31 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by deeptesting(m): 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
Alex O.........the guy try no be small with all those dance steps,he was my favorite Nigerian artist back then.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by collynzo2(m): 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: So we had cool cute guys like this back in the days.never knew. undecided
Fäggot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Celebrities Congratulate Banky W And Adesua Etomi On Their Engagement / PICTURES Of Tonto Dikeh On Christmas Day / Lil Kesh Joins His Former Church Choir Members For Yuletide Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.