Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? (41158 Views)

Singer Alex O And Actress Oby Edozien Welcome Daughter (photo’s Inclusive) / Breaking: Oby Edozie, Alex O Welcome Second Baby (photo) / Nollywood Actress,oby Gold Edozieh Gets Married To Singer Alex O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by ethicalUser(m): 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2013
jude33084:

Older boys won't ask that question wink

Alex O, flelix Liberty, Chris Okotie, Jide Obi, Onyeka O,are the musicians we know those days smiley

Pls who sang " sugar cain baby" back then? undecided
You forgot BLACKY
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by deebrain(m): 2:47pm On Aug 11, 2013
alex o still looks cool. Remember him in those days....i remember confusing his name with alex zitto then. Both were cool. Now na "see gobe, see gobe" we dey hear everywhere.angry

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by billyG(m): 4:16pm On Aug 11, 2013
who dey help am paste this pic sef abi na him be princeokek? grin
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by megastu(m): 10:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
If you play chris okotie's song today it will still beat those rubbish instrument assisted lyrics we have now by all them davido, whizkid and other kids. Mehn those were music (Alex o and the rest).
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by texaco1: 10:36pm On Aug 11, 2013
megastu: If you play chris okotie's song today it will still beat those rubbish instrument assisted lyrics we have now by all them davido, whizkid and other kids. Mehn those were music (Alex o and the rest).
omo see gobe ,
Awon temi gbede ,
Won ti bo sinu gobe

Bunch of standardised rubbish
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by tripodson: 8:48am On Aug 12, 2013
still rememba nta children party dat he came and i performed......i danced wit him and i will neva forget dat moment in my life....he is argueably one of the graetest steppers and vocalist dat eva csme out of naija!!!
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by ayyoshert: 11:14am On Aug 12, 2013
normaljenny:

He did the first rap verse, cool music videos in naija, b4 pretty and junior even thought of it. He reigned along side stars like shina peters, onyeka owenu, bright chimezie, oliver d coke, oirtz wiliki, charlie boy etc
Alex O and Alex Zitto were the bomb in those days.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by PrettyGaby(f): 11:45am On Aug 12, 2013
i wasnt even born then, but darn, I love old songs. i used to dust up my Dad's old records and play them while my mates were watching video cassettes. gimme onyeka o, felx liberty, alex o, christy essien, bongos ikwue, mike okri, anyday and you just made my day. today, aside from tuface, praiz, asa and bez, Naija music is crap!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by omoharry(f): 11:56am On Aug 12, 2013
You must be among those that enjoyed the old good days
azpekuliar: I was young, but I recall rocking to some of his songs. He threw a few rap lines in one oh his songs, back then when reggae-influenced artistes like The Mandators, Peterside Otong, Ras Kimono, Majek Fashek, Orits Wiliki, Blaccky etc were the rave of the moment.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by omoharry(f): 11:59am On Aug 12, 2013
I am feeling you jor.I feel like going back in time to enjoy those days.
elampiro: They were all very talented. But Raskimo was the lion of the jungle, he claimed far more awards after awards. Then we had Oritz Wiliki, Majek Fashek, Madators, Alex Zito,Felix Liberty, Edna Ogholi, Alex Zito, Oliver De Coke, Onyeka Owenu, Shina Peters etc. In South Africa, Shakaskaka and Lucky Dube were rocky too. Then suddenly Blacky came with Rossie. Daniel Wilson too.

Even as Chakademus and Pliers, Shabaranks, Maxi Priests, Boz II men, Whitney, Michael Bolton, Phil Collins, Telvin Campbel, Bryiam Admas, Toni Braxton and a doxen others were blasting away internationally. And the ever relevant Michael Jackson was chipping in some occasionally. It was very interesting in the late 80s and early 90s.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by SmokinHotBabe(f): 2:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
Hes'sooo prettty.

not bad for his age
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by princeokek: 5:05pm On Aug 12, 2013
I loved Ras kimono,orits wilikki and others but i adore Alex o,he was simply out of the world during his time in music
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by kokoA(m): 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
Oh! My dear late uncle continue to rest in peace **weeping** that guy loved alex O so much. As small as I was I could rap the whole of "take your time to bubble and shuffle......." I also remember the likes of "original bad boy", I think that is Daniel wilson, Funmi Adams hit track "N--i-- ge-- ria-- my beloveth country .. Blah.. blah" I remember wishing I was part of those kids in the video. Bongos Ikwue, mandators.. Oh! Those days when our extended family system was still strong.. We had uncle, aunts, cousins, etc staying with us. I felt so protected then. Mess with me, and you will have to fight morethan 5 hefty men.. Lol ***tears flowing *** what has happened to all these loving memories?
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by ilyas26(m): 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
elampiro:
They were all very talented. But Raskimo was the lion of the jungle, he claimed far more awards after awards. Then we had Oritz Wiliki, Majek Fashek, Madators, Alex Zito,Felix Liberty, Edna Ogholi, Alex Zito, Oliver De Coke, Onyeka Owenu, Shina Peters etc. In South Africa, Shakaskaka and Lucky Dube were rocky too. Then suddenly Blacky came with Rossie. Daniel Wilson too.

Even as Chakademus and Pliers, Shabaranks, Maxi Priests, Boz II men, Whitney, Michael Bolton, Phil Collins, Telvin Campbel, Bryiam Admas, Toni Braxton and a doxen others were blasting away internationally. And the ever relevant Michael Jackson was chipping in some occasionally. It was very interesting in the late 80s and early 90s.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by Ndipe(m): 1:50am On Sep 12, 2015
I remember him.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by kayalla(f): 3:59am On Sep 12, 2015
ifeoma, ifeoma ifeoma i want to marry u, give me ur love, give me ur looooove...
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by olajide8(m): 9:15am On Sep 12, 2015
kayalla:
ifeoma, ifeoma ifeoma i want to marry u, give me ur love, give me ur looooove...
Nope that felix liberty...
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by kayalla(f): 9:21pm On Sep 12, 2015
olajide8:

Nope that felix liberty...

really?
ok maybe i don't quite know him, angry

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by olajide8(m): 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2015
kayalla:

really?
ok maybe i don't quite know him, angry
His the one that use to do jerry curls and dance like mad* he use to look like he was wearing make-up, banana was his hit track, thou he had so many hit tracks.. but then it was my hit track
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by llcoolj: 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
JuanDeDios:

Andy Showman.

Ola Johnson: Who remembers this reggae song?
Chase them oh Rasta chase them. Chase them away.
Answer:That song was actually sung by Maxwell Udoh

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by JuanDeDios: 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
llcoolj:

Ola Johnson: Who remembers this reggae song? Chase them oh Rasta chase them. Chase them away. Answer:That song was actually sung by Maxwell Udoh
Yeah, right.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by lilliesboy(m): 2:22am On May 13, 2016
Real music faded after 1999, almost every (Nigerian) songs we have now is rubbish. For me, I have decided to download and listen to Old Skool music between 1970 and 1999.
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by InfiniteLoopx: 5:25pm On Feb 16, 2018
This guy song was played yesterday on 99.5 FM. Now I know why he was such a sensation then. What a melodios and well crafted lyrics. Great Alex o! cool
Re: Do You Remember Alex Okoroigwe aka ' Alex O' ? by SmilingHarry(m): 4:41am On Apr 04, 2018
chidexy:

No, it wasn't Andy Shurman that played it, rather Best Aguoha. Andy Shurman's classic, Save the Masses, can be listened to on youtube

Maxwell Udoh - Enemies Are Coming
It's on YouTube

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's Wrong With This Tiwa Savages Photo? / Fela Kuti Wearing Pant And His Son (Throwback Photo) / TB Joshua Rescued Hanks Anuku From Alcohol, Drugs And Mental Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.