Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,503 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

How Bad Was Gen. Abacha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Bad Was Gen. Abacha (3630 Views)

Why Was Gen. Buhari Excluded Again? / What Was Gen Buhari's Achievements In 1983 / Was Gen. Mamman Vatsa Really Innocent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by Nmeri17: 1:57am On Aug 10, 2013
Well, if you were already a grown up when abacha was the head of state i guess this post is not for you.As for me, i grew up to hear alot of horrible stories about abacha and how he's responsible for all of nigeria's problems. I was also made to believe that that he's the worst thing that has ever happened to this country.well i happened to stumble upon this, will i say -write-up-documentary..It actually went a long way in opening my in opening my eyes and getting to know about who the man really was and what it was like during his regime.The 'documentary' should have been title the chronicles of abacha because it goes to the very most tiniest detail of everything you will like to know about the man.. EXCERPTS

What if I tell you that General SANINEGERI A MOHAMMED ABACHA, Nigeria’s seventh military head of state and the most popular Kanuri person in the world was regarded as the most patient man on earth? My Mum, the Ogidi herself never forgets her airport encounter with him, she was thoroughly stupefied at his height. It was fifteen years ago. A man of diminutive stature (5ft, 6inches). A man of fire, iron and steel, the General lorded absolute power and unbridled authority over 120 million souls.
Not even Generals dare cross his path. Those who did, knelt and wept before him while he offered them tissue paper to wipe their salty tears. Not even a plea from the Pope could melt his heart. Mandela begged him to no avail. No one messed with Abacha. He was gentle. Listening. Cunning. Daring. Attentive. Dangerous. Brave. Brutal. When an American ambassador was irritating the late maximum tyrant, he almost paid with his life. But who was SANI ABACHA, Nigeria’s most enigmatic ruler, and the first head of state to die in office without violence (a man of many firsts as you will soon see)? Why and how he almost blew General Diya out of existence? Why his last son was shot in 2011? His links with America’s most secretive Christian group, Boko Haram and Imam Abubakar Shekau, its leader and Nigeria’s most wanted man?Abacha was the first officer in the military to rise from the rank of a 2nd lieutenant to that of a General without skipping any rank.....

SOURCE: http://www..com/sani-abacha-nigerias-most-enigmatic-ruler/2/

Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by mensdept: 2:10am On Aug 10, 2013
LOL!!! Nonsense
Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by bisi16(m): 2:57am On Aug 10, 2013
He was bad, but I must giv him d credit 4 pegging d dollar at N86. It neva went beyond dat until d Abdulsalams, baba Iyabos and ofcos, d dum dum 1, Jonathan himself came along. Well credit still goes 2 Obj for our GSM of 2day, tho Abacha started it. Dnt get me wrong peeps, am no Abacha fan but giv credit 2 whom it is due. Peace out!
Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by rugipp(m): 4:05am On Aug 10, 2013
Abacha w̶̲̥̅̊ά̲̣̣̣̥Ƨ̲̣̥ a baddo...badest guy everlivet(in olamide's voice)

1 Like

Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by emiwanlee(m): 5:47am On Aug 10, 2013
Abacha was an animal, dats all

1 Like

Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by anulaxad(m): 2:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
Nmeri17: Well, if you were already a grown up when abacha was the head of state i guess this post is not for you.As for me, i grew up to hear alot of horrible stories about abacha and how he's responsible for all of nigeria's problems. I was also made to believe that that he's the worst thing that has ever happened to this country.well i happened to stumble upon this, will i say -write-up-documentary..It actually went a long way in opening my in opening my eyes and getting to know about who the man really was and what it was like during his regime.The 'documentary' should have been title the chronicles of abacha because it goes to the very most tiniest detail of everything you will like to know about the man.. EXCERPTS

What if I tell you that General SANINEGERI A MOHAMMED ABACHA, Nigeria’s seventh military head of state and the most popular Kanuri person in the world was regarded as the most patient man on earth? My Mum, the Ogidi herself never forgets her airport encounter with him, she was thoroughly stupefied at his height. It was fifteen years ago. A man of diminutive stature (5ft, 6inches). A man of fire, iron and steel, the General lorded absolute power and unbridled authority over 120 million souls.
Not even Generals dare cross his path. Those who did, knelt and wept before him while he offered them tissue paper to wipe their salty tears. Not even a plea from the Pope could melt his heart. Mandela begged him to no avail. No one messed with Abacha. He was gentle. Listening. Cunning. Daring. Attentive. Dangerous. Brave. Brutal. When an American ambassador was irritating the late maximum tyrant, he almost paid with his life. But who was SANI ABACHA, Nigeria’s most enigmatic ruler, and the first head of state to die in office without violence (a man of many firsts as you will soon see)? Why and how he almost blew General Diya out of existence? Why his last son was shot in 2011? His links with America’s most secretive Christian group, Boko Haram and Imam Abubakar Shekau, its leader and Nigeria’s most wanted man?Abacha was the first officer in the military to rise from the rank of a 2nd lieutenant to that of a General without skipping any rank.....

SOURCE: http://www..com/sani-abacha-nigerias-most-enigmatic-ruler/2/

YEAH,THIS IS THE SAME GUY WHO INVADED MY PARENT HOME VILLAGE AND KILLED MULTIPLE PEOPLE FOR NO REASON. YOU SHOULD NOT BE EVEN TALKING.SOMEONE WHO YOU CAN COMPARE HIM TO IS THE SYRIAN PRESIDENT.WHY, WELL BECAUSE THE WHOLE WORLDS SEE'S THE EVIL HE IS DOING.

BUT WHEN HE DIES THEY WILL BE SOME BASTARDSS LIKE YOURSELF WHO WILL COME OUT AND SAY NONSENSE THAT YES HE WAS NOT A BAD LEADER.
I REST MY CASE.
Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by slimming: 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2013
God is the only one who rules in the affair of men.
Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 10, 2013
[size=18pt]Nigerian youths are too ignorant and easily deceived.

Let me simplify things in terms you may understand:

Abacha was a very good leader!

During Abacha's rule (1993-1998) Nigeria's sporting achievements were at their best!

We won 2 gold medals 1996 olympics

We won Africa Cup of Nations 1994

Nigeria's supereagles were beating big teams like Brazil, Italy and Spain.

If you want to consider his economic performance, you would be equally impressed[/size]
Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 10, 2013
it got so good that Nigeria received so many sanctions from other countries, people could not afford kerosene hence switched to abacha stove aka sawdust stove, university lecturers could only afford rickety cars, opposition group members were being assassinated by his killer squad e.t.c
Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
saxywale: it got so good that Nigeria received so many sanctions from other countries, people could not afford kerosene hence switched to abacha stove aka sawdust stove, university lecturers could only afford rickety cars, opposition group members were being assassinated by his killer squad e.t.c

If I may ask, what proof do you have for those utterances. Last time I checked, fallacy is still fallacy.
Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by atlwireles: 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
bisi16: He was bad, but I must giv him d credit 4 pegging d dollar at N86. It neva went beyond dat until d Abdulsalams, baba Iyabos and ofcos, d dum dum 1, Jonathan himself came along. Well credit still goes 2 Obj for our GSM of 2day, tho Abacha started it. Dnt get me wrong peeps, am no Abacha fan but giv credit 2 whom it is due. Peace out!

Pegging the naria is not the price. What was the price in the black market. That is the real price of the naria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by bisi16(m): 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
atlwireles:

Pegging the naria is not the price. What was the price in the black market. That is the real price of the naria.
I've said my piece, debate on
Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by Nmeri17: 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2013
Im not an abacha fan.I believe every individual has his own flaws.Some people have noted some good points about him on this thread.I will say he knew what it took him to get to the level we all know he got to.He was _a bit_ over protective and feared what he did to others will be done to him hence he took drastic measures which people interpreted to mean being wicked beyond word of mouth
Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
I am an unreserved fan of Abacha.

Had he not been murdered by our enemies, Nigeria would have been great by now!
Nmeri17: Im not an abacha fan.I believe every individual has his own flaws.Some people have noted some good points about him on this thread.I will say he knew what it took him to get to the level we all know he got to.He was _a bit_ over protective and feared what he did to others will be done to him hence he took drastic measures which people interpreted to mean being wicked beyond word of mouth

Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by don33310(m): 1:55pm On Aug 11, 2013
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]Nigerian youths are too ignorant and easily deceived.

During Abacha's rule (1993-1998) Nigeria's sporting achievements were at their best!

If you want to consider his economic performance, you would be equally impressed[/size]
cos he didn't kill your parents
Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by gramci: 2:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
GenBuhari: I am an unreserved fan of Abacha.

Had he not been murdered by our enemies, Nigeria would have been great by now!

see them, evil people
Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
i can categorically say that general sani abacha was not as bad or corrupt as politicians want us to believe. I know some one that knew him personally, not for gains or any form of gratification, and he attested that sani was a very disciplined and good officer. I admire him till tomorrow.
Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by Alxmyr(m): 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
Its not only in Nigeria that we lack sense of history.
I read recently in a blog where Ugandan youths are praising Idi Amin Dada.

1 Like

Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 12, 2013
So because they praise Idi Amin and refused to swallow western propaganda against him, means that they lack a sense of history??

My friend you are ignorant about the systematic demonisation of African nationalist leaders.

Alxmyr: Its not only in Nigeria that we lack sense of history.
Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by thoth: 11:29am On Aug 12, 2013
GenBuhari: So because they praise Idi Amin and refused to swallow western propaganda against him, means that they lack a sense of history??

My friend you are ignorant about the systematic demonisation of African nationalist leaders.

Many Africans really believe that Idi Amin was a cannibal, and other atrocities put on him, the man fought off the Japs, Germans, Americans, and Brits.... said NO to Imnperialism and exploitation of his nation,got a hold of his country for a while before the enemies propped up Tanzanians and terrorist Israel to invade his nation. the only movie that actually does him a little justice is "The last King of Scotland" you should watch it though it does not tell all that happened but you should get an idea of what really happened.
Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by anulaxad(m): 2:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]Nigerian youths are too ignorant and easily deceived.

What does highly corruption,and deaths of thousands nigerians,have to due with terrible sport achievements.
See,you need to stop your hypocrisy.ITS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE ITS JUST REALLY ANNOYING.

AND FOR PEOPLE OUT THERE,THOTH IS GEN BUHARI'S SECOND ACCOUNT HE USES TO TRY AND CONVINCES WEAK NIGERIANS.

SO DO NOT FALL FOR HIS TRICKS.
Re: How Bad Was Gen. Abacha by anulaxad(m): 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
Alxmyr: Its not only in Nigeria that we lack sense of history.

ABSOLUTELY.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Supporters Begging For Corn / Buhari Is Suffering From Prostate Cancer Says Medical Reports / Lagos Destruction Politics Played By The PDP And Its Mercenaries, The Ibos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.