Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) (38388 Views)

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) / Massive Security At US Embassy In Abuja (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
Abagworo:

Look at Chicago and tell me if you prefer Owerri, Enugu or Calabar.

This is below the belt na grin angry
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
naijababe:

This is below the belt na grin angry

That should be our aspiration. To have at least 20 cities slightly below Chicago standard by 2020.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Bome01(m): 8:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
grin
Blackteeth: Some cities are rusting grin grin
i know u talking our Lovely city-Ibadan grin
Blackteeth: Some cities are rusting grin grin
i know u talking about our Lovely city-Ibadancheesy
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
Abagworo:

That should be our aspiration. To have at least 20 cities slightly below Chicago standard by 2020.

I know that should be our aspiration, but dic/k contests like the one going on this thread will not let us take proper stock. As far as some folks are concerned, a roundabout with a fountain maketh a capital city lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Idongesit619(m): 11:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
obayaya:

eket.. can never forget the seven months I spent there in 2011.. nice small city.. fine sweet girls.. rich oil workers.. more like an Exxon mobil residence city.. the clubs.. sodoni, tempest, the hotels on Marina... missing the city, ubong and his delicious dog
meat

*smile* u r very funny!
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Idongesit619(m): 11:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
Akwaibom ayaya!

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 14, 2013
naijababe:

I know that should be our aspiration, but dic/k contests like the one going on this thread will not let us take proper stock. As far as some folks are concerned, a roundabout with a fountain maketh a capital city lipsrsealed
ROTFL grin grin
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 14, 2013
Abagworo:

Look at Chicago and tell me if you prefer Owerri, Enugu or Calabar.
thr are planned cities in d world i would pick ahead of chicago.E.G zurich.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 14, 2013
Please, let us compare d cities in d south east and those in d south west, and frankly tell ourselves d truth abt who are living in villages; whether Igbos or Yorubas.
Ibadan is extremely terrible, and I wonder if Yorubas are rily this poor and hopeless as d pictures suggest.
So why do they call Igbo land villages? Why?
We now know who d real village and bush ppl are. They next time dey open those smelly mouths to utter any insultive words abt Igbos, we'll pour shit into those rotten and smelly mouths.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by ebankole: 12:59am On Aug 14, 2013
django1:

By recent you mean you've not been to Ibadan since 2007 I believe. If you can't tell us right here and now where in Ibadan the dirt is, you best STFU.

Here is Ibadan: https://www.nairaland.com/1345282/ibadans-new-look-roads-infrastructures

OMO NNA ARE U KIDDING US

NOW CHECK THIS OUT
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by ebankole: 1:06am On Aug 14, 2013
Despite the facts that SW is undergoing massive development in the like of IBadan,Lagos,Ogun,Kwara,Osun,Ondo et-
Our greatnes does nt lie in just infracstru but d prosperities & opportunities abounds dat drives in pple frm all oda part of OBODO Nigeria & ofcos the accomodatin spirit of d Great pple of SW -
Na baba GOD do am so grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by kazman7(m): 6:39am On Aug 14, 2013
ILIDEFI: Please, let us compare d cities in d south east and those in d south west, and frankly tell ourselves d truth abt who are living in villages; whether Igbos or Yorubas.
Ibadan is extremely terrible, and I wonder if Yorubas are rily this poor and hopeless as d pictures suggest.
So why do they call Igbo land villages? Why?
We now know who d real village and bush ppl are. They next time dey open those smelly mouths to utter any insultive words abt Igbos, we'll pour shit into those rotten and smelly mouths.
You are so f.oolish and immmature with your reasoning and judgements,take a trip to ibadan to see urban renewal going on in the city,the OP is just a tribalistic troll who is being selective with the pictures he represents each city with,he shows you the interior/village part of ibadan,the government house in yenagoa and represents somewhere in uyo as akwa.we do know his intentions and agenda #bitter Biafrans
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by ketoprofen(m): 8:55am On Aug 14, 2013
Ola Johnson: I can't but pity the poor reasoning ability of some people, we've read on a thread posted by an Igbo on how much dirt in Imo State capital, Owerri is resulting into an epidemic outbreak, yet the OP posted nice pictures of the town which his fellow "Jews" cursed the Governor about.
BTW, why was my thread on the elapsed ultimatum to Fashola removed, mods?

go and sit down . The OP in dat thread snapped a refuse dump(s) and uploaded it/them. How does that change the fact that Owerri is one of d nicest cities in naija. U really wished it were true that owerri were that bad

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by MrEverest(m): 9:51am On Aug 14, 2013
Spambutter: Abia state
You're a big FOOL
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by MrEverest(m): 10:09am On Aug 14, 2013
xykms101:

Did you just call this place ibadan? That's lagos.

...Your username speak more about you. Liar
Both of you are confused bro, so you call this Lagos? That's Chicago!
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by ebankole: 10:52am On Aug 14, 2013
grin grin

CHEI CHEI CHEI!

awon omo Nna abi na Okoro try to bring down our lovely peaceful SW but dey fail woefully o ooooooooooo

Prosperities abounds here that's why una dey troop here na? No be so.
Who God has bless......................
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by topazjosh(m): 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ondo city,ondo state
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by bryan1991: 4:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
Spiff20:
south-south rocks..4 states making brainz

I love my city. Benin City

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by bryan1991: 11:39pm On Dec 22, 2014
Nebeuwa:

Skyscrapers don't make a city great, but most great cities in the world do have such a skyline.

Just look at Hong Kong, Singapore, New York City, Sao Paulo and Beijing.

What about Rome, Paris, Berlin, Munich etc. Do they have much?? Europe don't have much skyline.. Only in less than six cities..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children / Boko Haram Sponsorship: We’ve Been Vindicated – APC / Smoked Fish Seller Beaten To Coma In Benin By Obaseki Boys (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.