Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,516 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) (38389 Views)

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) / Massive Security At US Embassy In Abuja (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by solomon111(m): 8:34am On Aug 13, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

GUY.. u funny ooooooo.

May I ask:

are u a northerner?
..cos ur post is SO VOID of reality and evidence as to the status of d REAL Northern Nigeria....and FULL of sentiments
do you travel at all?
Disprove what i said.
Which SW state can be compared to borno when it comes to good roads and serenity(forget BH).?
No,i am not a Northerner.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by igboboy1(m): 8:35am On Aug 13, 2013
Ola Johnson: I can't but pity the poor reasoning ability of some people, we've read on a thread posted by an Igbo on how much dirt in Imo State capital, Owerri is resulting into an epidemic outbreak, yet the OP posted nice pictures of the town which his fellow "Jews" cursed the Governor about.
BTW, why was my thread on the elapsed ultimatum to Fashola removed, mods?

A descendant of "Olodo-wa" calling the great igbo race jews? na wa o... shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 13, 2013
solomon111:
do you travel at all?
Disprove what i said.
Which SW state can be compared to borno when it comes to good roads and serenity(forget BH).?
No,i am not a Northerner.

jeez, I ll keep silent in calling u names, 'cos ur post itself IS ENOUGH TO DO SO.

..tell me something, (even if u were to grade development on road only), why isn't Borno a commercial capital (even only in north)?

...heck, im done wif U here.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 13, 2013
comrChris: silly post,y not post d states u knw verywell n leave others u knw nothing abt,dat pic doesnt represent abakaliki l ve been 2,l ve being trying 2compare abakaliki n ado ekiti 2show al dose loud mouthed ekitians dat aside comerce abakaliki s beta dan deir ado
You mean the same Abakaliki with all its guinea worms is better than Ado-Ekiti. You must be joking.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Pstsmith(m): 8:53am On Aug 13, 2013
Capnd143: I think uyo is coming up, while PH, akure, illorin and even maiduguri as well as markurdi looks nice, just wondering whether boko boys have nt destroyed maiduguri
guy! uyo is the finest...i wonder wht dis guy is posting
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Temptee101(m): 8:54am On Aug 13, 2013
ShymX: Northern Nigeria looks alright and probably cleaner than the rest of the country.

Maduigiri or whatever the BH head-office is, is called, shocked the hell out of me. Thought the mofos down there still probably live in the stone-age. And behold, it looks arguably better than most of the Southern cities. With nice roads and street light.

Respect to Northerners! cool
My dear!! Be not decieved by doz pictures.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by solapex18ng: 8:54am On Aug 13, 2013
Lagos

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by solomon111(m): 8:58am On Aug 13, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

jeez, I ll keep silent in calling u names, 'cos ur post itself IS ENOUGH TO DO SO.

..tell me something, (even if u were to grade development on road only), why isn't Borno a commercial capital (even only in north)?

...heck, im done wif U here.
what devt does the South has over the north?
Nothing much.
Probably "better health care and education".
They have good roads and water,and are also agriculturally self-sufficient.
The price of food is far cheaper in the North.
Borno is one of the lowest states in the North and they have more good roads than the SW.
Kano state is the commercial capital of the North.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Goodysydney: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2013
Ola Johnson:
You mean the same Abakaliki with all its guinea worms is better than Ado-Ekiti. You must be joking.
Can someone just ban this pokey 12-year-old idiot.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by victorD3: 9:02am On Aug 13, 2013
I see OP posting a roundabout I use to work every day in Uyo and calling it Awka.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 9:08am On Aug 13, 2013
I think videos might do more justice than pictures. You can make a town beautiful or ugly depending on the perspective of your camera. Here's a video from Owerri the finest city in Nigeria with the least slum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbD5lwcNbt8

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 9:11am On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 9:45am On Aug 13, 2013
Nebeuwa:

Skyscrapers don't make a city great, but most great cities in the world do have such a skyline.

Just look at Hong Kong, Singapore, New York City, Sao Paulo and Beijing.

But you can't necessarily expect all cities in Nigeria to have a skyline, just the major ones. The smaller cities and Towns can still be developed to a modern taste without the use of a skyline.
Would a skyline really make much sense in a city like Yenagoa, Makurdi, or Owerri.
Look at Bulawayo for example. Second most important city in Zimbabwe, no skyline, but still developed to a standard (although old).
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by dee1wolex(m): 9:52am On Aug 13, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:
LMAO seriously when I saw d pics of some capitals, especially that of SE & North..
I wonder Northern cities fairing better than most cities, even ikeja.
CANT YA ALL SEE THE OP IS AN ANNOYINGLY FUNNY CHAP (pls dont mind my adv)

..d OP is SWIFT in rubbishing Ibadan where I reside (not my hometown) with the pic, unfortunately that is enough EVIDENCE showing he has never toured round any other SW state, probably except Lagos (sebi Lagos na him fatherland na grin ).

I thank GOD Iv used a whole year in Enugu SE as a corper..If u divide Ibadan into 10 (no joke) ,the whole capital still never measures up to a one tenth. ..and despite d size of a cave, u ll still get villages.
...same with Aba.

...Anyway, brown roofs or not, does it matter when we have things like this:

(gdp)
Lagos- $33+ B
Oyo- $16+ B
Imo-$14+ B
Abia- $9+ B
Anambra- $4+ B

etc

I still dey wonder what people with beautiful SE cities are looking at WHILE Ibadan with RUSTED ROOFS STILL DEY CARRY FIRST FOR GDP...

LIKE Dk & Eko ile, ME I DEY LAUGH OOOOOO.
grin

oga no mind all dis local boys... Probably they ar nt aware that it is nt animal dat made ibadan d largest city in west afrca... Some of dem hav actually nt been dia befor dey jst sit in dia village in east and type rubbish...
Like u said..the GDP says it all, even wit d brown roof they chose to see and dia own green roofs...
Cant stp laffin,anyway!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Emmyk(m): 9:53am On Aug 13, 2013
Ilorin City- City of Lawyers in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by comrChris(m): 10:01am On Aug 13, 2013
Goodysydney: Can someone just ban this pokey 12-year-old idiot.
### r u minding him?l ve bin 2ado, pples dere stil cheat on nylons,custard bucket n in refuge areas due 2lack toilets n bathrooms in deir muddy houses,btw guinea worm s nw histry in abakaliki,come c 5n 5n houses everywia

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 13, 2013
Oboy see lokoja, wetin I dey see dere be like say na farm land. Wetin dey happen to kogi state na?
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by comrChris(m): 10:12am On Aug 13, 2013
Ola Johnson:
## incase u dnt knw guinea worm has long bcome history in abakaliki,u need 2start travelling 2c devlopmnt everywia in d con3,abakaliki was lyk a desert 10yrs back bt visit dere nw n c tinx urself
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Spiff20(m): 10:14am On Aug 13, 2013
ibiso1986: PORT HARCOURT city
tanx ibiso i lik dis pix

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Eifeh(m): 10:19am On Aug 13, 2013
Should i post mokola picture? Reporting live from mokola
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by emiye(m): 10:24am On Aug 13, 2013
ketoprofen:

early development. . That was arrested in the 60s and stopped since then. While odas moved forward

Only public buildings make sense in Ibadan and the western region, d rest are still old, sorry looking houses

The rusty roofs you see shows that of houses built at least 40 to 50 years ago in central ibadan, I dont agree that the development was arrested, at least, over 70% of private buildings houses in Ibadan do not have such rusty roofs, most aerial view of ibadan seen online are not a true reflection of the overall state of the private houses in Ib. Brandishing aerial views most likely taken from Mapo hall of places like Beere, Oja-oba, and some few areas in ibadan is misleading to an outsider. Ibadan is larger than most states in Nigeria with at least a population of 3 million.

An aerial view of Makoko in lagos is not a true reflection of overall state of Lagos.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 10:26am On Aug 13, 2013
So this thread became a place for tribalists to over hype their overgrown villages? No wonder Nigeria can never move forward where mediocrity is being celebrated.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:27am On Aug 13, 2013
igbo boy:

A descendant of "Olodo-wa" calling the great igbo race jews? na wa o... shocked
You've not said anything.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 13, 2013
Based on my own experience, Yoruba states are the worst states in Nigeria. Ibadan is one of the dirtiest and noisiest places in Nigeria. You guys might not agree with me but it's what I've seen.
Some people talk as if all SW states are like Lagos but most are nothing like it.
Eastern states don't look good either. Even some of the cities some times look like villages.
Northern states are not as bad as people think but they're still horrible.
In as much as you guys keep "praising" some Governors, most of them are doing absolutely nothing.
The best states in terms of development are still Cross Rivers, Rivers and Lagos.

NB: These pictures are old. You can't use some of them to compare what these cities look like now

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:29am On Aug 13, 2013
comrChris: ## incase u dnt knw guinea worm has long bcome history in abakaliki,u need 2start travelling 2c devlopmnt everywia in d con3,abakaliki was lyk a desert 10yrs back bt visit dere nw n c tinx urself
Nothing has changed. I got to know how this place has been ravaged by guinea worm through my father who had to leave.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by AMossley(m): 10:30am On Aug 13, 2013
ShymX:

Did you see the pictures of Gombe, Kano, Minna and Kaduna?

North is Nigeria's best kept secret!

Take the religious violence and the weather away - and it's defo. more conducive to live than most of the South.
says who?The entire north is known for the beautification of the capital city and 1 or 2 cities.case study:kano,out of the 44 l/gvts,only 6 can be termed developed and cosmopolitan,others are full of shits and shanties,no electricity,potable water,supermarkets,networks and other social amenities.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:35am On Aug 13, 2013
N_girl: Based on my own experience, Yoruba states are the worst states in Nigeria. Ibadan is one of the dirtiest and noisiest places in Nigeria. You guys might not agree with me but it's what I've seen.
Some people talk as if all SW states are like Lagos but most are nothing like it.
Eastern states don't look good either. Even some of the cities some times look like villages.
In as much as you guys keep "praising" some Governors, most of them are them are doing absolutely nothing.
The best states in terms of development are still Cross Rivers and Lagos.

NB: These pictures are old. You can't use some of them to compare what these cities look like now
No matter what I still prefer SW to any part of the country. No kidnapping, low level of crime, etc. I've on different occasions seen the former VC of Osun State University, Sola Akinrinde drive himself in Ile-Ife. Whereas his colleuge in ESUT was kidnapped in his school's gate, in the presence of his security men. OAU VC sometimes drive himself to Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 10:36am On Aug 13, 2013
Nigerian cities disgust me. Aba and Onitsha actually have some of the best skylines apart from Lagos. However the buildings are not high enough. Mostly 3 to 7 storey block of flats.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Eifeh(m): 10:37am On Aug 13, 2013
Mokola Ibadan, just take the picture with my phone view from Adelaja street
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Evestar200(f): 10:42am On Aug 13, 2013
Chai,,,nobody from DELTA STATE is talking,,,,cuz UDUAGHA have turn to it to slum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Workers Fleeing From Explosion Scene In Zaria, Kaduna (Photos) / Biafra: Why I Cannot Produce Kanu For Trial, Buratai Tells Court / Throwback Photos Of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.