Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:47 AM

Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo (1803 Views)

GEJ Wasn't Cursed But Blessed By Yoruba Obas (Photo) / Nigeria Is jinxed,cursed says Former President Obasanjo. / Is Ogun State Jinxed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by RoblesOg(m): 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
While reviewing Nigeria’s history since independence, former President Olusegun Obasanjo said the country may have been cursed with poor and irresponsible leaders.

Mr. Obasanjo, who gave the keynote address at the 4th Annual Ibadan Sustainable Development Summit organised by Centre for Sustainable Development, University of Ibadan, in collaboration with African Sustainable Development Network, on Tuesday, said if Nigerians were yet to commend a leader after 53 years of independence, “Then we are jinxed and cursed; we should all go to hell.”

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/142676-nigeria-is-jinxed-cursed-obasanjo.html
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
I guess he is inclusive and times 2 sef!
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by juman(m): 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
I weep for nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by juman(m): 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
We have great country and great people but the leaders are not committed.

One nigeria has failed us.
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by dont8(m): 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
Really Old-man respect your age o
juman: We have great country and great people but the leaders are not committed.

One nigeria has failed us.
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by juman(m): 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
dont8: Really Old-man respect your age o

nigeria should be divided and separated, that is the best path to take for this country.
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by Yorubest: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
Yes boss!!!

Although so far, you've been the best president Nigeria ever had

And truly, a land where innocent blood is shed is cursed
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
Did he say Nigeria is cursed?

hahahahahahahaah!

For once, I agree with this tyrant called OBJ!

Now, my fellow Biafrans, what else are you waiting for?
It is time we leave the cursed nation and move to our believed country.

Emmm, Ebuka! Ebuka!! Ebuak!!!,
Please, come and hear oooo.
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
RoblesOg: While reviewing Nigeria’s history since independence, former President Olusegun Obasanjo said the country may have been cursed with poor and irresponsible leaders.

Mr. Obasanjo, who gave the keynote address at the 4th Annual Ibadan Sustainable Development Summit organised by Centre for Sustainable Development, University of Ibadan, in collaboration with African Sustainable Development Network, on Tuesday, said if Nigerians were yet to commend a leader after 53 years of independence, “Then we are jinxed and cursed; we should all go to hell.”

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/142676-nigeria-is-jinxed-cursed-obasanjo.html

Obj's version of "make everybody go hin papa land, or stay in hell".

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
wonders shall never end! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
this is the most shocking funniest sh..t i ever seen.

just did a quick math, and it turned out that obasanjo was a nigerian leader for about 20% of the entire 53 years of nigeria's existence since independence.
a whopping 20%!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
the more accurate figure is actually 20.75%, which approximates to 21%
obasanjo chewed 21% of our years, and is therefore responsible for 1/5 of the leadership failure in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by owobokiri(m): 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
A country sustained with genocide and progroms will always end up a cursed entity.
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
owobokiri: A country sustained with genocide and progroms will always end up a cursed entity.

totally agree
people tend to belittle curses, but they are powerful beyond anything human physical power can ever accomplish.
the curse placed on nation by one innocent man killed unnecessarily can destroy a whole nation.
curses are powerful beyond human comprehension,
because they tap into the divine in us.
avoid anyone cursing you by all means.
be fair and never harm any innocent man/woman.

now imagine the millions that died cursing nigeria! imagine Gods anger at nigeria because of the death of innocent kids.
well well
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
How I wished someone would make Obasanjo a leader. He would have led by example and solved our recurring problems.
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
"I predict that every multi-lingual or multi-national country with a unitary constitution must either eventually have a federal constitution based on the principles which I have enunciated, or disintegrate, or be perennially afflicted with disharmony and instability."
- Obafemi Awolowo, The Peoples' Republic, 1968.

Let's us be deceiving ourselves with the unitary system fraudulently called Federalism in Nigeria. You can't legislate peace, harmony and stability into existence. You negotiate! Until we sit on a round table and discuss the terms of our union, we are deceiving ourselves.
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by Plshavmercyamen: 11:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
True indeed. "IF NIGERIANS WERE YET TO COMMEND A LEADER AFTER 53 years OF OUR INDEPENDENCE ..." The question is Have Nigerians had any leader that truely came from them via election since this 53 years? The truth is that Nigeria is not CURSED, But we(NigeriaNS) are the CAUSE. And until we elect our leaders ourselves dispassionately deprived of any ethno religious or sympathy/pity sentiments, It will still appear to us that Nigeria is CURSED!
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by WarriPikin1: 11:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
Oko_AGB: I guess he is inclusive and times 2 sef!
[size=18pt]Obasanjo is THE WORST AND MOST CORRUPT OF NIGERIAN MAXIMUM RULERS, not leaders![/size]
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by teskyg: 11:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
Yes,Nigeria is Curse when people like OBJ sleep with their Daughter Inlaw.Please recend your foul Langaugue Baba and respect your age.You got 8 years to improve the fortune of this country but you threw it away.Let GEJ try,we will soon get to the promise land.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by 3ace(m): 6:10am On Aug 14, 2013
Dis baba don com again o. And he will never tolerate such negative remark from anybody if he was still in power. I remember when Eedris sang his jagajaga song, he rained abuses on him.
‘One of the worst problems Nigeria is
facing is disbelief. Nigerians no longer
believe in themselves neither do they
believe in their country. That takes me
back to that song ‘jaga jaga’, how could a
sane man dare to call his country
jagajaga? It is the height of blasphemy.
We are grooming our youths for
tomorrow’s leadership and with such
persons I don’t think the country can
move forward Obasanjo was quoted as
saying.
Now, what's the difference between is recent remark and jaga jaga? Besides, the generation of those who are 50 years and above were the ones that ruined this country beginning with our bad leaders. I was told that at one time, the exchange rate to $1 dollar was N1. So, how did we get here? I agree with Chinua Achebe who referred to themselves as the lucky generation. They enjoyed the structures, standards, policies put in place by the white and refused to maintain them. Now the result of those years of deterioration is what we the younger generation are suffering. Unfortunately, these old fools have all made a fortune from destructive neglect of their responsibilities as leaders. They are wealthy to the extent that the negative effect is only being felt by the younger ones who are struggling to make a living. All they now do is tour around the world with their ill-gotten wealth and pass useless comments. It bled my heart when I read the news that come September 2013, UK will begin collection of £3k bond before a Nigerian can be allowed to come into their country even though we are part of common wealth. Well, I don't blame them; I blame our leaders. This country is too blessed for us to be jumping around for greener pasture. The only thing they have over us is just good administration. They don't have the resources we have and if we only can just add good leadership, we'll surpass them in no time. These old folks should just retire and let the younger ones take charge. Enough is enough!
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by juman(m): 6:35am On Aug 14, 2013
Eight years was enough for OBJ to make significant improvement and changes but he failed.

Mr Lula da Silva of Brazil was there as president for eight years and was highly successful.
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 14, 2013
I concur.

Prof Corruption:
Let's us be deceiving ourselves with the unitary system fraudulently called Federalism in Nigeria. You can't legislate peace, harmony and stability into existence. You negotiate! Until we sit on a round table and discuss the terms of our union, we are deceiving ourselves.

I agree with you. The Nigerian curse is the unitary system of government and the Americophile mentality of most Nigerians. You can't put a square-peg in a round hole and expect it to fit. Nigeria isn't America - it's a tribalised society and the country needs to be governed based on the tribal differences and territorial integrity of the different tribes in the country. With the present structure, even Jesus and Muhammed combined, would find it difficult to govern the country. Till Nigerians accept their obvious differences and find ways to solve their unique problems based on that - the country would forever be cursed.

Honestly, I still don't understand why Nigerians keep trying to use the American solution (an immigrant country), to solve the problems of a tribal country. There are other blueprints out there, from countries with similar history and societal structure with Nigeria, yet the so-called "educated" Nigerians can't seem to use their brain cells, to apply the bespoke solutions from these countries to Nigeria.

Tired of talking about Nigeria!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by Yeske2(m): 6:58am On Aug 14, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

Obj's version of "make everybody go hin papa land, or stay in hell".
But i heard he fought for one Nigeria na or is he just realizing that he made a terrible mistake and admitting that some people who saw yesterday were right?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by SNOWWHITE240(m): 8:38am On Aug 14, 2013
obj contributed to it
Re: Nigeria Is Jinxed, Cursed… – Obasanjo by xykms101: 9:20am On Aug 14, 2013
Now you know old fool.

...Eedris abdulkareem sang 9ja jagajaga, you and your miserable govt sent him to an exile...infact i dont know why this barbarian stil have breath with him.

...i'll always wish this baboon a merciless and unfavourable death.

(1) (Reply)

10 Amazing Facts You Did Not Know About Nelson Mandela / US Military Vs The World,who Would Win? / Abia Govt Have Acquired Land In Umuahia For The Proposed Abia Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.