Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York (27735 Views)

M.I Abaga VS Kendrick Lamar / Who Is Best Rapper In Nigeria ? -- Yung 6ix Declares Himself Best Rapper / Forbidden Fruit | J. Cole (feat. Kendrick Lamar) {DOWNLOAD} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by lymelyte(m): 1:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nas is G.O.AT.. HE has really created the path for real MC's like j.cole,game and the rest of them.
Isn't it so obvious that a lot of "MC's and rappers"(two different meaning in hiphop) acknowledge and reference his name all the time!
He has schooled j.cole in his version of let nas down that if jcole says what on his mind he can stand the test of time. Many MC's have learnt from this and that is what kendrick is doing now.
Lisen carefully y'all! Words have deep meaning.
Only nas lyrics,lil wayne(wordplay),Raekwon scattered and rearranged bars has made me had an EARGASM
grin
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
lymelyte:
Your brain is too shallow to comprehend and overstand "Lil wayne" lyrics,punchlines and wordplay. Wayne metaphor's is sick and hot : grin

Nigga I ain't got a money printer
So for this paper chase I'm out runnin' sprinters...Lil Wayne frok You ain't know.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by decepticos(m): 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4APx9H6Tmc&guid=&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&gl=NG
i came across this song on fb funny video feat 2 amazing ppl it reminds me of d num of times kendrick said n.i..a its called babeque sauce by sean price ft pharohe monch
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by decepticos(m): 1:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
ShymX: This was Jay-Z's style and flow before Nas dropped iLLmatic. grin grin grin grin

We all know Jigga had to switch it up to be able to compete with the god from Queensbridge!! grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlgW_CBKfgQ
come on i guess he was Big daddy kanes hypeman what were u expecting, Nas changed everything, shot vids in d projects and a whole lot more.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by decepticos(m): 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
ShymX:

Bwahahahahaha

The same Eminem that only raps about his mother and drugs, nah?

Yeah, he's a great rapper with nice syllables but K.dot will murder him.

Eminem isn't even the best rapper from Detroit, Elzhi of Slum Village is far better than him.

Btw, I'm a big Eminem fan and his "Marshall Mathers" LP is definitely a classic.
if u think em raps only abt drugs, his mom, gays and rehab or daughter think again, u need to get nas ft em "topless" and Bad meets Evil (Eminem & Royce da 5'9) Hell the sequel. U have no choice but to be a fan of the slim 1, he will body kendrick though we'll just have to wait for it to happen if it ever does.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
lymelyte: Nas is G.O.AT.. HE has really created the path for real MC's like j.cole,game and the rest of them.
Isn't it so obvious that a lot of "MC's and rappers"(two different meaning in hiphop) acknowledge and reference his name all the time!
He has schooled j.cole in his version of let nas down that if jcole says what on his mind he can stand the test of time. Many MC's have learnt from this and that is what kendrick is doing now.
Lisen carefully y'all! Words have deep meaning.
Only nas lyrics,lil wayne(wordplay),Raekwon scattered and rearranged bars has made me had an EARGASM
grin

You can hype Nas for all I care. When it comes to takeover vs ether. Ether's 3 verses were thrash compared to TAKEOVER's one verse and your response proved it.

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by baslone: 2:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
One man's meat is another man's poison

For me Hova's Takeover is no different from LLyod Bank's Death wish.

AVERAGE!!!
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by decepticos(m): 2:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
otumfour:

Eminem has tht "white" factor working for him.....he can rap on a whole album abt how he sits on the toilet seat and have his album sales sky-rocketing out tha roof.....

thts Eminem
if thats the case then bubba spanxx, r.a the ruggedman and a lot more should have their album sales sky-rocketing too.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by decepticos(m): 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

You can hype Nas for all I care. When it comes to takeover vs ether. Ether's 3 verses were thrash compared to TAKEOVER's one verse and your respons proved it.

if u think nas is hyped bro u should just ignore him it may help, if u'd said drake or milli vanilli was hyped i'd b behind ya.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
baslone: One man's meat is another man's poison

For me Hova's Takeover is no different from LLyod Bank's Death wish.

AVERAGE!!!

If Takeover is average, then what is ether, a diss track that had no direct diss to touch Jay? My point is that, you can listen to Cassidy's diss and point out the bars that touched Kendrick. You can listen to Takeover and point out the disses on Nas. In Ether nothing serius. Yet some so called Hip Hop heads call it the greatest diss of all time. Joke.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
decepticos:
if u think nas is hyped bro u should just ignore him it may help, if u'd said drake or milli vanilli was hyped i'd b behind ya.

If I say, "you can hype Messi as much as you like", am I calling Messi a hype? I meant that he can big up Nas but my point is Takeover vs Ether which Ehter was an overhyped diss.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by lymelyte(m): 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

You can hype Nas for all I care. When it comes to takeover vs ether. Ether's 3 verses were thrash compared to TAKEOVER's one verse and your respons proved it.

See dis one ooo,incase you don't know,jay z in his interview admitted losing to nas on the beef tracks..check it out on youtube yourself.
Other thorough MC's were also asked about thier verdicts on the tracks and all of them bestowed the triumph on nas.
Read,lisen and learn dude..smiley

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
Trick for spotting the doper MC in seconds revealed.

After this trick you can classify yourself a hip hop head.

Just think who has sold more records, then classify the top selling as the wacker one. Then you know the doper MC.

Jay-Z vs Nas. Jay-Z has sold more records, so Nas is the doper MC.

Lil Wayne vs Joe Budden, Joe Budden is the doper MC.

Saigon vs J. Cole, Saigon is the doper MC.

Assignment for the Newbies,

Kendrick Lamar aka K.Dot vs Eminem.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by lymelyte(m): 2:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

If Takeover is average, then what is ether, a diss track that had no direct diss to touch Jay? My point is that, you can listen to Cassidy's diss and point out the bars that touched Kendrick. You can listen to Takeover and point out the disses on Nas. In Ether nothing serius. Yet some so called Hip Hop heads call it the greatest diss of all time. Joke.
You really have a poor sense of analysis,and conclusion. Read in between the lines.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
lymelyte:
See dis one ooo,incase you don't know,jay z in his interview admitted losing to nas on the beef tracks..check it out on youtube yourself.
Other thorough MC's were also asked about thier verdicts on the tracks and all of them bestowed the triumph on nas.
Read,lisen and learn dude..smiley

I ain't deaf, so people can't tell me what I know. If you think Ether is iller than Takeover, tell me your reasons. Not this MC said, that MC said.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
lymelyte:
You really have a poor sense of analysis,and conclusion. Read in between the lines.

With your accurate analysis and rich senses, read between the lines and show me how Ether is Iller than Takeover. When Cassidy was lyrically shooting Kendrick, were you reading between the lines?
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by baslone: 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
Abeg, how hard can you go....

thegoodjoehunt:

If Takeover is average, then what is ether, a diss track that had no direct diss to touch Jay?.

He accused Jay-Z of misogyny.

"You seem to be only concerned with dissin' women/ Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly?" and "Foxy kept you hot, kept your face in her puss/ What you think you gettin' girls now because of your looks?"

He called him a sell-out.

"Y'all niggas deal with emotions like bitches/ What's sad is I love you cause you're my brother, you traded your soul for riches."

He also accuses JayZ of taking advantage of other rappers on his way to fame

"Your ass went from Jaz to hangin' with Kane, to Irv to Big/ And, Eminem murdered you on your own shit./ You a dick-ridin' gay. You love the attention"

To cap it all he Called him Jay- HOVA a freaking gay.

"When these streets keep calling, heard it when I was sleep/ That this Gay-Z and Cock-A-Fella Records wanted beef", "Then you got the nerve to say that you're better than Big/ Dick-suckin' lips, why don't you let the late great veteran live", "You a dick-ridin' gay, you love the attention/ Queens niggas run you niggas, ask Russell Simmons"

Abeg I no fit shout!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by DICKtator: 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
otumfour:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin @ bolded.....u sure u know wht u writing abt?

Dude you so damn funny. I am still LMAO AS I TYPE THIS!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
Seriously you really call these disses. These are with your four corner head like cabin bisquits yabs. Yabbing not dissing.
baslone: Abeg, how hard can you go....

He accused Jay-Z of misogyny.

"You seem to be only concerned with dissin' women/ Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly?" and "Foxy kept you hot, kept your face in her puss/ What you think you gettin' girls now because of your looks?"

He called him a sell-out.

"Y'all niggas deal with emotions like bitches/ What's sad is I love you cause you're my brother, you traded your soul for riches."

He also accuses JayZ of taking advantage of other rappers on his way to fame

"Your ass went from Jaz to hangin' with Kane, to Irv to Big/ And, Eminem murdered you on your own shit./ You a dick-ridin' gay. You love the attention"

To cap it all he Called him Jay- HOVA a freaking gay.

"When these streets keep calling, heard it when I was sleep/ That this Gay-Z and Cock-A-Fella Records wanted beef", "Then you got the nerve to say that you're better than Big/ Dick-suckin' lips, why don't you let the late great veteran live", "You a dick-ridin' gay, you love the attention/ Queens niggas run you niggas, ask Russell Simmons"

Abeg I no fit shout!!!!
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
DICKtator:

Dude you so damn funny. I am still LMAO AS I TYPE THIS!!!

grin grin grin grin

Jay-Z diss women, he did a track with foxy at the early stage of his career, you traded your soul for money, you are gay, your lips are fat, you dissed your friend. You worked with stars to grow. Imagine dissing Wande for growing using Don Jazzy or May D using P Square.

How can that be compared with Nas using a gay model for his ads, Nas getting bodied on his track by his body guard, Nas being ten years in the game with only one hot album.

Can you compare being murdered on a track by Eminem or a bodyguard?
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Msgamble: 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
lymelyte:
Your brain is too shallow to comprehend and overstand "Lil wayne" lyrics,punchlines and wordplay. Wayne metaphor's is sick and hot : grin
bro, don't bring tunechi into this,cos all d guy knows n talk about in lines is bitches n pussy, the guy ain't versatile..luk for ymcmb talk of no-else buh drake n perhaps nicki minaj, tunechi? No..Em will murdered them niggas with his forth-coming album, test of that is in 50's 'my life' ft eminem..kanye knows better that 'Detriot' rules that y he signs big sean(em prodigy)..Grand Hustle da best, while Detriot rules..lyk em use to say 'Detriot babe, Detriot babe'
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
Omg we still on this BS..why don't u guys just google this shit up and count the ratings,numbers don't lie

http://rap.about.com/od/toppicks/ss/Top100RapAlbums_10.htm
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
By Itelectual Reciprocol on http://www.thecoli.com/threads/ether-is-overrated.78153/page-5
this is what niccaz keep sayin...
they thought ether won cuz they aint expect naS to come back...
never stupidity ever. Its like me playin in one on one and he wins like 32 to 2,
and niccaz walk away talmbout I won beca expect me to score but I did...
its dumb shyt niccaz
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by ayox2003: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
Lol.

Joe, NaS nailed Jay's coffin a long time ago.

He's da best!

I'm @ work. Will be back.

Frawzey
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
youmour: Omg we still on this BS..why don't u guys just google this shit up and count the ratings,numbers don't lie

http://rap.about.com/od/toppicks/ss/Top100RapAlbums_10.htm

"Nas Lp debut @ # 12 on Soundscan (billboard) selling 60k copies of Illmatic "

Numbers do not lie. LOL.

Please this is not about Nas, it is about Takeover vs Ether. By the way, that is someones opinion. As for me, I can't start listening to Enter the WU. I prefer Ready to Die by BIG to Illmatic anyday.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
By Blacklash on http://www.thecoli.com/threads/ether-is-overrated.78153/page-5

Lets all look at something Ether's lines lose its power in hindsight due to Jay's life now
But Takeover still remains true even in hindsight as u look at Nas' career
So yes I will always say Ether was overrated because of the position
Nas was placed in at the time(the underdog position)..thats jus wat I think
Like callin nikka Tae bo ho or old or his team cocka fella has more substance
than a man literally breaking down ur career and breakin down how much u was failin as an MC

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
By Uchicha god on http://www.thecoli.com/threads/ether-is-overrated.78153/page-6
I never been much of a fan of ether.
I always preferred takeover.
Takeover was just all around superior.
I think Jay's reaction is what made ether seem so hard hitting tho.
And the fans ran with it.
If he had composure, ether wouldn't have been gassed like it was.
''you no moustache having, with whiskers like a rat'' c'mon breh..that's garbage.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
dinksymaine: Common kendrick the beef is hitting up.more rebuttals on the way for you.the goons re coming for your head.Ransome,lupe,los,joell ortiz,mysonne,jr writer,iman shumpert and cassidy all gave you a some badass response,man!!! But cassidy just killed and buried you alive in his "control freestyle"....lmao.I'm stil waitin for yonker,bronx,queens niggas to finish you up.I know styles p,jadakiss are putting up some real hard shit for u.cos the lox/d-block ll murder lyrically.you should ask 50€ whAt went down btw dblock and g unit.

All those guys you mentioned, dont matter to kendrick, he aint talking to those niggas.. those niggas are just trying bring back their career, they are irrelevant.. lol.. he doesn't give a Fucck about those niggas..

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
decepticos:
if u think em raps only abt drugs, his mom, gays and rehab or daughter think again, u need to get nas ft em "topless" and Bad meets Evil (Eminem & Royce da 5'9) Hell the sequel. U have no choice but to be a fan of the slim 1, he will body kendrick though we'll just have to wait for it to happen if it ever does.

well eminem and kendrick have a song together, that was suppose to be on Em's album, we all gotta wait and see...
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by larryjayz: 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
ShymX:

Lost to which Prof Green? - you're a joker! Serius Jones ate him up and he would eat him up everyday of the week, fresh outta bed, real talk.

What world knows better? You mean the same Eminem no new school rappers and old school rappers have in their top 5 dead or alive? Only his nut-huggers like you rate him that high - real rapheads don't rate Eminem. Who talks about Eminem apart from 50cent, Slaughterhouse (because he signed them) and probably a few other white bummy rappers? EM isn't even the best from Detroit - Elzhi is better than him. Late Proof was better than him - and J.Dilla (R.I.P) never rated him - end of story.

Ja Rule was more popular than 50cent when they went at it - but we all know who won that based on what happened afterwards. The Game went head-to-head with G-Unit and he's still out there standing. However, with Canibus, his career ended before it started after the beef - yet you still think he won.

Bruv, you don't know about rap! undecided
point of correction, pls go listen to the freestyle em did with proof with Nas's hate me now beat, proof said Em isn't the best white rapper but the best rapper, pls check it out and correct me if I'm wrong.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
Goldie20:

All those guys you mentioned, dont matter to kendrick, he aint talking to those niggas.. those niggas are just trying bring back their carrier, they are irrelevant.. lol.. he doesn't give a Fucck about those niggas..

Kendrick called himself King. Now Cassidy is letting him know that,

The deer can run the jungle till the lion comes.
LOL.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
I just read this and had to share.
Nas' ether was making sh.it up...
Jay's Super Ugly was recounting shit that had actually happened..
Jay DID f**k Nas's baby moms...
she wrote a book on it...
that = damn

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lyrics: Onye Lyrics By Frank Edwards / Where Can I Download Latest Foreign Music / Satanic Music And Dance So Cherished By Christians In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.