Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,277 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York (27686 Views)

M.I Abaga VS Kendrick Lamar / Who Is Best Rapper In Nigeria ? -- Yung 6ix Declares Himself Best Rapper / Forbidden Fruit | J. Cole (feat. Kendrick Lamar) {DOWNLOAD} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nmeri17: 11:53pm On Aug 14, 2013
This is no beef or diss or whatever.He just said he's on a par wid jay z and nas and high above the others mentioned.At least we'll stop listening to all those annoying rich gang's p. Ussy dis p. Ussy dat
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by ayox2003: 12:12am On Aug 15, 2013
By the way, I'm fuckin' back again, With another anthem - Em

Em's (hot joint) - Survival

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wpVjeODDCA

For your listening pleasure! wink

Frawzey
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by tical(m): 12:17am On Aug 15, 2013
DICKtator: I love Kendrick Lamar.

Really love his Section 80 mixtape.

Ronalregan(his evils)
rigamortis

Now Good kid.maad city

Kendrick is tha shyttte

N.Y. has nothing on him

But he jocked M.I. style though!!!
You know they bout look alike!!!!

or wait!!!!
Kendrick is M.I's alter ego!!!

He is the same person as M.I.!!!

grin grin grin grin
same rhyme style, same hieght, kinda same voice, cool headed, both avoid beefs but boast abt being the No1 on tracks..MI & Kdot hav so much in common..my dream collabo

2 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Godsblessing(m): 12:40am On Aug 15, 2013
I kinda like dz beef stuff..cassidy n B.o.B reply was kinda surly..geez man..I smell more reply comin out frm oda mentioned artiste
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 15, 2013
Heh hey hey, kendrick lamar just got knocked out by cassidy. Cassidys response i wicked chrck it out!!!

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 1:53am On Aug 15, 2013
Even if k.dot gets murked he has already made history by singlehandedly resuscitating the rap game,now everyone is trying to battle it out with him,watever he was thinking is actually paying off,I see a west n east coast beef stirring up,I only pray nobody gets bodied.

Coward niggas get killed,loud niggas talk sh1t

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 2:15am On Aug 15, 2013
ayox2003: By the way, I'm fuckin' back again, With another anthem - Em

Em's (hot joint) - Survival

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wpVjeODDCA

For your listening pleasure! wink

Frawzey

wack... nothing special..
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Msgamble: 4:01am On Aug 15, 2013
Honestly, i think kendric lamar is good buh nt as good as B.O.B.. 1. B.O.B is a grammy award winner, k.dot is nt 2. U can't compared B.O.B's hit 'so good' lyrically with k.dot 'drink' 3. I think they av challenge on T.i 'memories back then',kdot lines is nt as good as B.O.B's..even kanye spoke with XXL's magazine n state Em is d best rapper alive followed by tunechi n jigga last yr..Em has promised to drop his next album later this year or early next year let wait n see..comparing kdot with Em is smelling buh also sucide,my bro

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by nairaman66(m): 5:05am On Aug 15, 2013
This was how M.I started.., Where is he today? K-Lamar will die a natural death.. Maybe not now.. Just maybe!

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 5:26am On Aug 15, 2013
nairaman66: This was how M.I started.., Where is he today? K-Lamar will die a natural death.. Maybe not now.. Just maybe!

How Would He Die a Natural Death? The Guy Is Trying Bring ''Hip Hop'' Back To What It Was, And Y'all Are Here Talking About A Whole Lot Of Nothing.. Smfh
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by dinksymaine(m): 5:51am On Aug 15, 2013
Common kendrick the beef is hitting up.more rebuttals on the way for you.the goons re coming for your head.Ransome,lupe,los,joell ortiz,mysonne,jr writer,iman shumpert and cassidy all gave you a some badass response,man!!! But cassidy just killed and buried you alive in his "control freestyle"....lmao.I'm stil waitin for yonker,bronx,queens niggas to finish you up.I know styles p,jadakiss are putting up some real hard shit for u.cos the lox/d-block ll murder lyrically.you should ask 50€ whAt went down btw dblock and g unit.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by afiya123(f): 7:15am On Aug 15, 2013
2013 IAAF World Championships: Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Wins 100m Gold. Jamaica’s Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce won the gold medal in the women’s 100M
Read more » http://www.iafrica.tv/?p=21479

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 15, 2013
dinksymaine: Common kendrick the beef is hitting up.more rebuttals on the way for you.the goons re coming for your head.Ransome,lupe,los,joell ortiz,mysonne,jr writer,iman shumpert and cassidy all gave you a some badass response,man!!! But cassidy just killed and buried you alive in his "control freestyle"....lmao.I'm stil waitin for yonker,bronx,queens niggas to finish you up.I know styles p,jadakiss are putting up some real hard shit for u.cos the lox/d-block ll murder lyrically.you should ask 50€ whAt went down btw dblock and g unit.
You are right by mentioning the lox. They are lyrically fit and Kendrick wont want to mess with them. I am waiting to hear replies from native NY emcees like Papoose, Saigon.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by dasphinx1(m): 8:20am On Aug 15, 2013
I wonder the thoughts dat will b runnin thru d heads of rappers like 2Chainz and Trinidad James right now......cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Hernadez99: 9:55am On Aug 15, 2013
walexy14: Kendrick lamar king of NY Makaveli offspring,den we can also call Olamide King of d street Dagrin offspring too
angry Shiit on Your Head!!!! Erigga is tha Naija King of the Street!!!!!!!
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by otumfour(m): 10:08am On Aug 15, 2013
Msgamble: Honestly, i think kendric lamar is good buh nt as good as B.O.B.. 1. B.O.B is a grammy award winner, k.dot is nt 2. U can't compared B.O.B's hit 'so good' lyrically with k.dot 'drink' 3. I think they av challenge on T.i 'memories back then',kdot lines is nt as good as B.O.B's..even kanye spoke with XXL's magazine n state Em is d best rapper alive followed by tunechi n jigga last yr..Em has promised to drop his next album later this year or early next year let wait n see..comparing kdot with Em is smelling buh also sucide,my bro

The bolded is a lame pointer, there's bn so many dip.e rappers tht have bn looked over cuz they don' make commercial music when it comes to awards dude, only dude tht can make uncommercial music and still win awards wud be eminem and guess why,......yup! cuz he's white

B.O.B is good but wht do u expect, he makes white rap music, thus, he'll surely win awards grin grin grin grin
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by baslone: 10:20am On Aug 15, 2013
Guy, no be by Grammy ooo!

Conclusion

On "Ether"—one of the most vicious diss songs of all time—Nas took plenty shots at Jay-Z's sexuality and street credibility, but the line that burned extra slow was, "Eminem murdered you on your own shit." And by the way, there's no denying that Nas was right.

Most of Jay-Z's album The Blueprint was built on soul but for some reason he opted to rhyme over one of Eminem's trademark haunted house tracks alongside Marshall himself. Maybe Jigga wanted to prove that he was the Best Rapper Alive by rocking with The Next Best Rapper In Line? Either way, Jay held his own but Marshall spazzed, spitting one of the best verses of his career and owned Hov on Hov's best album.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:29am On Aug 15, 2013
veektorh: hmmm just passing bye, shymX has been making points, sushieater yu just arguing rubbish, yu ain't gat a point yo!

shymX 5 - 0 sushieater grin

Sushieater proved that ShymX is a liar and you say 5-0. Guess you lie too.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2013
A rapper?
Just a character that blab a bunch of words that rhyme
But don’t make sense most of the time
And most of the lines that they rhyme is mostly designed
For dudes that’s s.tupid not using most of their minds...Cassidy from Control freestyle.

Damn, Cassidy. That was too harsh but a fact though. LOL.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Olucheye(m): 10:45am On Aug 15, 2013
Y'all we got a winner here men........
Death blows from Cassidy..

ShymX heard what cassidy called himself?
I'm Slimshady With Black Skin.... Means whatever the black can the do, the orginal version will do better!

EM might not have been on top of his game post-SlimShady but sweardown he'll bring

If any of you ni**as act silly I’ll be happy to compete, you seen what happen to Meek.

Kendrick couldn’t shine on me on a song if he wanted to. - Cassidy

BOOM!!!
†☁R.I.P☁K.Dot☁†

2 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:54am On Aug 15, 2013
How can Ether have plenty Shots, when the hottest diss is Eminem murdered Jay on a track. Man Jay told the world that Nas got murdered on his track by his own bodyguard.

Let us be honest. JAY's disses were sicker. Nas used 3 verses and his stans can't find a knock out diss compared to Jay-Z one verse on Nas.

I repeat if anyone thinks ETHER diss by Nas is Iller than Jay's TAKEOVER. Drop the sick lines.
baslone: Guy, no be by Grammy ooo!

Conclusion

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Olucheye(m): 10:57am On Aug 15, 2013
Overall tho, This is the kind of rap what I wanted to hear. Every response no matter what beat, should show some lyrical ability. Its not about who is schooling who, it’s about calling out these *rappers* and really telling them to show up and show their lyrical ability.

This is what rap was all bout. Niggzz spittn and going at it! No friends! Dog eat dog comp. these rappers got lazy and only wanted club banger, fast cars, fake b*tches…..

Somewhere Future and French Montana crying because they can’t use feature

THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED...........ITS ON THE INTERNET!!!
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:07am On Aug 15, 2013
Most crimes that’s committed is by a cat
That listen to a rapper spitting fictitious and try to mimic
Don’t imitate a nigga bene-fake, he a gimmick
They should put me in Guinness for the most punchlines invented

You wear tight clothes, but you’re flows ain’t tight to me
I know you trying to find a man as nice as me
But a blind man be like “damn that would’ve been a sight to see....Cassidy from Conttol freestyle.

I just dey laugh.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2013
I officially just shifted my base to cassiddys camp since Ex king Kendrick lamar just passed on.... cassiddy opened his yansh, talkin bout a figure dat just put together words to rhyme dat dont make sense most of the time, i have to say DATS VERY TRUE!!!!

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2013
Olucheye: Y'all we got a winner here men........
Death blows from Cassidy..

ShymX heard what cassidy called himself?
I'm Slimshady With Black Skin.... Means whatever the black can the do, the orginal version will do better!

EM might not have been on top of his game post-SlimShady but sweardown he'll bring

If any of you ni**as act silly I’ll be happy to compete, you seen what happen to Meek.

Kendrick couldn’t shine on me on a song if he wanted to. - Cassidy

BOOM!!!
†☁R.I.P☁K.Dot☁†
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by baslone: 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
Cassidy Still gave his props

I felt as though it was definitely a brave move and I respect it. Like, you got to have some nuts to be able to say some of things that he said in his verse. Just anybody wouldn't even have had balls to do that. So I respect him on that level for having heart."

"It's not just directed at Kendrick but because he said that, he's trying to shine over the artists that he named in his song, I'm just letting people know that even if he did have that mentality and he wanted to shine over me, he still couldn't because I'ma be on my A-game and this is what I do, nothing but bars and nothing but punch lines. I was waiting for the game to make this turnaround and focus back on the bars so that artists like me and artists that's kind of in the same lane as me could get the opportunity to shine and be crazy relevant again."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.25053/title.cassidy-praises-kendrick-lamar-s-heart-explains-control-diss-track
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by lymelyte(m): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
ShymX:

When did Nas get murdered on a track by his bodyguard? Are you referring to "Oochie Wally?" Come on man, you and I know that isn't Nas' style of rap, he was just trying to go commercial with that one. Rapping about bytches and who.res ain't his thing.

However, Jay-Z got murdered his own track (Renegade) by Eminem!! grin grin grin grin grin

Bruv, do you want me to break "Ether" down for you again? - nah, I'll give you the sickest bars that made Jay-Z cry from that diss tune!

My child, I've watched you grow up to be famous
And now I smile like a proud dad, watching his only son that made it
You seem to be only concerned with dissing women
Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly?
Well life is hard, hug me, don't reject me
Or make records to disrespect me, blatent or indirectly
In '88 you was getting chased through your building
Calling my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers
All I did was gave you a style for you to run with
Smiling in my face, glad to break bread with the god
Wearing Jaz chains, no tecs, no cash, no cars
No jail bars Jigga, no pies, no case
Just Hawaiian shirts, hanging with little Chase
You a fan, a phony, a fake, a pussy, a Stan
Continuation "still whip your ass, you thirty-six in a karate class
You Tae-bo hoe, tryna' work it out, you tryna' get brolic?
Ask me if I'm tryna' kick knowledge
Nah, I'm tryna' kick the shit you need to learn though
That ether, that shit that make your soul burn slow
"
This shyt is HOT...damn
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by decepticos(m): 1:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen: All y'all calling this a diss dont understand the rap game... he didn't diss anyone, he was just addressing his competition and telling them to step up their game... rappers who should feel bad are those whose names weren't mentioned.. even joelle was mad kendrick didnt acknowledge his crew.

plus is it me or does kendrick look like MI? grin
he does look like m.i, it used to take far less than dis to start beef. Readup/recall Canibus vs ll cool j.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by lymelyte(m): 1:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hardy dude: Abeg make una no mention Lil wayne for this matter, all that nigga ever raps about is Bitche$, money, weed, codeine...
Your brain is too shallow to comprehend and overstand "Lil wayne" lyrics,punchlines and wordplay. Wayne metaphor's is sick and hot : grin

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by decepticos(m): 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
Msgamble: Honestly, i think kendric lamar is good buh nt as good as B.O.B.. 1. B.O.B is a grammy award winner, k.dot is nt 2. U can't compared B.O.B's hit 'so good' lyrically with k.dot 'drink' 3. I think they av challenge on T.i 'memories back then',kdot lines is nt as good as B.O.B's..even kanye spoke with XXL's magazine n state Em is d best rapper alive followed by tunechi n jigga last yr..Em has promised to drop his next album later this year or early next year let wait n see..comparing kdot with Em is smelling buh also sucide,my bro
serouly?! dont compare k-dot with b.o.b, u should see the BET cypher from 2011/12 i am not too sure again, just look it up, Grammy na by d way tin, even Rakim will never win 1.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
lymelyte:
Continuation "still whip your ass, you thirty-six in a karate class
You Tae-bo hoe, tryna' work it out, you tryna' get brolic?
Ask me if I'm tryna' kick knowledge
Nah, I'm tryna' kick the shit you need to learn though
That ether, that shit that make your soul burn slow
"
This shyt is HOT...damn

If you are hojest, a man in his mid thirties keeping fit is dope. I hope I maintain my fitness till I'm 70. So how can that be a diss. If you consider that a dope diss, then what will you call Cassidy's roasting of Kendrick.

Be honest that is thrash compared to Nas going from

Nasty Nas to Esco's thrash.
Had a spark when he started
but now he is just garbage.

Nothing in Ether is as hot as
Nas getting murdered by his body guard on a track.
Be real hip hop heads and read the lines.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Olucheye(m): 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
Kindly Visit this thread and make your suggestions.

https://www.nairaland.com/1398400/inter-country-rap-contest-suggest-nigerian

Didn't want to derail this thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. / Tiwa Savage Floors Danny Young In Copyright War As "One" Returns To Youtube / Lyrics: Onye Lyrics By Frank Edwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.