Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York (27688 Views)

M.I Abaga VS Kendrick Lamar / Who Is Best Rapper In Nigeria ? -- Yung 6ix Declares Himself Best Rapper / Forbidden Fruit | J. Cole (feat. Kendrick Lamar) {DOWNLOAD} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 6:55pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Or you don't really know any dope line to prove your point. Just like the case of Nas and Ether.

ayee man.. lol.. Im not gon go back and forth with someone that thinks Nas is wack loool.. Im just gon leave you with this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwsEjzseESI

And You're welcome.. lol..
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2013
With no diss to prove it. LOL. TRYING TO HELP HIM CHEAT.
ShymX:

Jay-Z sold his soul, betrayed his friends and made money, so freaking what? And didn't Puffy and Russell Simmons also build an empire - are they street dons as well?

Nas has always been a laid back Afrocentric guy, so being out there and flossing isn't his thing. Heck, he achieved aa lot with the type of music that he makes. What other conscious, or semi-conscious rapper is as popular and rich, with the same commercial success as Nas? Where's Lupe Fiasco? Jay Electronica? Talib Kweli? Mos Def? We can say he overachieved!!

Nasty Nas, yo!! grin

He ether'd ya boy Jigga - and Jigga cried on Hot-97, you can't change that, bruv. Nas won the battle for the King of New York circa 2001, end of story! undecided

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Bull Sh1*. That is thrash. Nothing like that.

If you think those two bars are bs - there's no point conversing about rap with you.

It shows you aren't a hiphop head, you just follow the trend.

If a Professor can write a book about a bar, then you should know it's CRACK and HARD as fvck!! grin

Heck, almost every hiphop head always cite that bar!!

"I WENT TO HELL FOR SNUFFING JESUS!" grin grin
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2013
Still no lines to back up your points.
Goldie20:

ayee man.. lol.. Im not gon do back and forth with someone that thinks Nas is wack loool.. Im just gon leave you with this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwsEjzseESI

And You're welcome.. lol..
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: With no diss to prove it. LOL. TRYING TO HELP HIM CHEAT.

Did Nas win the battle for King of New York in 2001? - Absolutely YES!

Did Nas ether Jay-Z? - Absolutely YES!

Did Jay-Z cry on Hot-97? - Absolutely YES!

Is Nas greater than Jay-Z? - Absolutely YES!

What else do you want? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
Doesn't that line sound stupid in your head as you typed it? LOL.
ShymX:

If you think those two bars are bs - there's no point conversing about rap with you.

It shows you aren't a hiphop head, you just follow the trend.

If a Professor can write a book about a bar, then you should know it's CRACK and HARD as fvck!! grin

Heck, almost every hiphop head always cite that bar!!

"I WENT TO HELL FOR SNUFFING JESUS!" grin grin
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by obowunmi(m): 7:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
Never knew nairaland.com niggas like rap.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:03pm On Aug 14, 2013
He won without a hot diss. Really funny. You couldn't point out one real diss. Yet he won
ShymX:

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by sushieater: 7:06pm On Aug 14, 2013
ShymX:

Cory Gunz would body Eminem on any track. They've got the same style but I actually prefer Cory Gunz to the post Marshall Mathers Eminem.

Don't ever put Eminem in the same sentence with Big L, that's blasphemy.

I could care less about Canibus and Chino XL, they're both basically like Eminem, rap good with wordplay and no content. You can add Keith Murray to the list as well. undecided undecided

Kendrick Lamar isn't a wordplay rapper, he's about metaphors, punchlines, similes and lyrics that would make get your thinking cap on like Nas. Those people aren't on kendrick's level. Anyway, you saw easy it was for LLcoolJ to destroy/body/murk Canibus and his wordplay? That's the same treatment Eminem would get if he steps into the ring. I know he won't do that, anyway - because K.dot isn't Nick Cannon. grin

Also, I see you didn't say nothing about how Rhymefest destroyed Eminem!!! grin grin grin

Com'on man, are you seriously comparing Cory and Kendrick with EM?
Get real man, you're not being honest here.

Let's be honest, BUS chewed LL on second round knockout.. People said LL won only because he was a bigger artist..

Yeah, Rhymefest won the battle back days, no doubt.. Now tell me any battler that hasn't lost a rap battle before?
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Still no lines to back up your points.

lol, Did You Listen To Any Of The Songs I Posted, If You Did , You Wouldn't Ask Me To Post Any Lines To Back Up My Point...

RNS..
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:10pm On Aug 14, 2013
I need insurance that you could sex me the best,
And she start sexing through text and send pictures under her dress
Got them G-Strings, you beasting for the pleasure and pain
I was a weakling so I cling to her under my name
I gave her the ding ding than dee ding, the bell ring in the game...Kendrick from Temptations.

LWKMD.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by sushieater: 7:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
ShymX:

*Sighs*

Of all Eminem's rap, I can't believe you posted this trash. angry

You call it trash because you don't get it, do you?
No hiphop head would call that trash. I wish people would come out and tell you the truth, Stop deceiving yourself With this whole Kendrick is better than EM talk
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: He won without a hot diss. Really funny. You couldn't point out one real diss. Yet he won

If "ether" isn't a hot diss, what the hell is it? Heck, it's the 2nd greatest hiphop diss track, after "No Vaseline" by Ice Cube.

Are you not even ashamed of comparing a guy whose first recorded hiphop track (It Ain't Hard to Tell), at age 17, had two of the greatest bars ever in hiphop history - and his first album (ILLMATIC) at age 18, is the greatest hiphop album EVER. To a guy who made "Hawaiian Sophie," had to listen "illmatic" to change his style and flow, and dropped his best album (Reasonable Doubt) after copying the former?

The former gave the latter a style - that tells you all you need to know. Nas has been dropping classics since 1993/1994 as a teenager - Jay-Z got into the game after his boy (Biggie) died, at age 28. grin And he basically steals Biggie's lyrics all the time!

Also, Jay-Z has been TRASH since the "Black Album." However, Nas stays maturing with every album and you can't question his longevity - his last album shits on "Holy Grail" and you know that! undecided

5 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2013
Goldie20:

lol, Did You Listen To Any Of The Songs I Posted, If You Did , You Wouldn't Ask Me To Post Any Lines To Back Up My Point...

RNS..
So people didn't listen to Takeover and Ether begore I pointed out why I feel Takeover is Iller
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by edi287: 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2013
ShymX:

You forgot to add illimatic and it was written is better than any album jay ever released.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: I need insurance that you could sex me the best,
And she start sexing through text and send pictures under her dress
Got them G-Strings, you beasting for the pleasure and pain
I was a weakling so I cling to her under my name
I gave her the ding ding than dee ding, the bell ring in the game...Kendrick from Temptations.

LWKMD.

Lol.. why don't you post the full verse, why just pick part of his verse and post it, if you listen to what he was saying from the start of his verse, just maybe you will understand the message he was trying to pass lol.. ayee man,

http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/8029161/file.html

http://www.sharebeast.com/f379zfrpglkl

Download These Two Tapes.. Thank Me Later..
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 7:17pm On Aug 14, 2013
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
sushieater:
Com'on man, are you seriously comparing Cory and Kendrick with EM?
Get real man, you're not being honest here.

Let's be honest, BUS chewed LL on second round knockout.. People said LL won only because he was a bigger artist..

Yeah, Rhymefest won the battle back days, no doubt.. Now tell me any battler that hasn't lost a rap battle before?

Body of work - Yes, EM is greater because he has 1 1/2 classic albums and he has longevity. And he has also sold tons of albums because of his skin (he's the 2nd highest selling hiphop artist second to only 2pac). However, bar for bar and content, I'd rather listen to the two than post-SlimShady Eminem.

Canibus didn't chew LL, he was just dropping dumb wordplays no one really cared about. LL destroyed him with punchlines - and ended his career before it started. LL smashed him so bad, he had to go join the Navy or Army!! grin grin grin grin

Serius Jones has never lost to anyone in battle rap!! tongue
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
sushieater:

You call it trash because you don't get it, do you?
No hiphop head would call that trash. I wish people would come out and tell you the truth, Stop deceiving yourself With this whole Kendrick is better than EM talk

Come on, he was just bascially talking about smashing skulls, killing, bombing etc.. What's special about that? There's no punchline nor metaphor in that trash.

Heck, Hussein Fatal's verse on "Hit 'em up" is harder than that crap, tbh! undecided
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 14, 2013
edi287:
You forgot to add illimatic and it was written is better than any album jay ever released.

Trust me, bruddah.

Even the "Lost Tapes" is better than everything Jigga ever released. grin

Nastradamus, Escobar, Nasty Nas, Nasir Olu Dara Jones is the G.O.A.T!! Only 2pac was on the same level because of his genius and realness. cool

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nelrulez(m): 7:28pm On Aug 14, 2013
It's 'bout to get ugly....

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2013
"2pac was like rap's Jesus, Nas wrote the bible." - Jermaine Cole (J. Cole) cool

I'm out, yo!

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2013
How could Nas be garbage, Semi-autos at your cartilage

Burner at the side of your dome, come out of my throne

Lmaoo.. I'm Outtie..
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by otumfour(m): 8:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nugggaz keep submitting/rolling they response like a murfuckin' waterfall grin grin grin grin

even ol' cases like cassidy joining the gang grin grin grin grin

THANK U KENDRICK, for waking murthafurkin' HIP HOP up grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by iamdsam: 8:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
Kendrick Lamar! Kendrick Lamar! Kendrick Lamar! This guy is damn good. His lyrics is on point. One distinctive thing about Kendrick Lamar is that he got a unique flow which no other rapper got right now in the hiphop game. I must confess that this ni*ga is lyrically better than most of these wack rappers like A$ap Rocky, 2 Chainz and some other wack rappers which I can't remember right now. I love Kendrick Lamar. He's the next big thing in the hiphop game #bitchdon'tkillmyvibe

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by otumfour(m): 8:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
ShymX:

cool
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:15pm On Aug 14, 2013
It is easy to say sokeone is great without Bars to prove it.
I can easily feel herr with Jays classics.

“I’m so far ahead of my time,
I’m bout to start another life/
Look behind you,
I’m bout to pass you twice/
Back to the future
and gotta slow up for the present/
I’m fast, niggaz can’t get past my past/
How they propose to deal with my perfect present?/
When I unwrap “The Gift & the Curse” in one session”-Jay-Z “Hovi Baby”

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
Goldie20: How could Nas be garbage, Semi-autos at your cartilage

Lmaoo.. I'm Outtie..

Another thrash from the so called greatest diss. What is the diss or punch there?
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by sushieater: 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2013
ShymX:

Body of work - Yes, EM is greater because he has 1 1/2 classic albums and he has longevity. And he has also sold tons of albums because of his skin (he's the 2nd highest selling hiphop artist second to only 2pac). However, bar for bar and content, I'd rather listen to the two than post-SlimShady Eminem.

Canibus didn't chew LL, he was just dropping dumb wordplays no one really cared about. LL destroyed him with punchlines - and ended his career before it started. LL smashed him so bad, he had to go join the Navy or Army!! grin grin grin grin

Serius Jones has never lost to anyone in battle rap!! tongue

Wasn't even talking about body of work, I'm talking bar for bar.. Ok, you'd rather listen to Kendrick and Cory than post-slimshady? Cool, knock yourself out with their music, it's your choice.. But don't don't come here to tell us they are better than EM cus it's a big lie..

BUS did man, everybody knew that.. Go listen to that battle again, LL didn't say shid on that battle.. Just because you don't understand something doesn't not make it dumb, you need to know that..

I knew that you've been lying all these while, Serious Jones has lost to Professor Green once in a rap battle before.. Get your facts right

You don't need to lie to win an argument, it doesn't make sense.. Just like I told you earlier, you're just been dishonest

3 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:27pm On Aug 14, 2013
Goldie20: How could Nas be garbage, Semi-autos at your cartilage

Lmaoo.. I'm Outtie..

Use ur -BRAAAAAAAIN! You said you been in this ten
I've been in it five -smarten up Nas Four albums in ten years ni99a?
I could divide That's one every let's say two, two of them shits was due
One was -NAHHH, the other was "Illmatic"
That's a one hot album every ten year average And that's so -LAAAAAAAME!
Ni99a switchup your flow Your sh1tt is garbage, but you try and kick knowledge?
(Get the f**k outta here) You ni99az gon' learn to respect the king...Jay-Z from takeover.

This is a diss. Respect.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by otumfour(m): 8:31pm On Aug 14, 2013
here's Young Guru discussing Joelz response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CarL6fu7jbY

nugga says, it still ain't enuf
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by sushieater: 8:31pm On Aug 14, 2013
ShymX:

Come on, he was just bascially talking about smashing skulls, killing, bombing etc.. What's special about that? There's no punchline nor metaphor in that trash.

Heck, Hussein Fatal's verse on "Hit 'em up" is harder than that crap, tbh! undecided

I get imaginative with a mouth full of adjectives,
a brain full of adverbs, and a box full of laxatives
(Shittin on rappers) Causin hospital accidents
God help me before I commit some irresponsible acts again

Please ShymX, how are those lines trash? Do you even know what EM was talking about there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. / Tiwa Savage Floors Danny Young In Copyright War As "One" Returns To Youtube / Lyrics: Onye Lyrics By Frank Edwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.