Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies (33012 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by hancock(m): 1:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
i am having the same problem with my UBA MAstercard too on amazon.com
the truth is i actually used it for the first time on the 5th of September to buy computer accessories worth about 110k and i was billed accordingly by UBA bank. the goods were shipped to my customized address in myamericanshipper.com.
All of a sudden when i tried shopping 3 days later on amazon.com they rejected my orders and requested i fax my mastercard billing statement. i contacted UBA customer care and even forwarded the email i received from amazon to them detailing my predicament with amazon. they replied me that i should contact amazon to get in touch with UBA through email or their customer care lines. i forwarded the mail i recived from UBA to amazon and for over a week now amazon is yet to rectify my account with them.
At this point i am short of ideas on how to go about rectifying this.
PS. i contacted UBA branch at ilupeju and they seem confused about the whole saga. they don't even have fax machines grin to begin with
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2013
tundebj: I enjoy your lengthy post

Correct guy thank u grin grin
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by okumbe(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
ezeh isaac: You can also buy genuine jewelries here

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/24K-Gold-plated-Jewelry/817548_100085639.html

And

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/18K-Gold-plated-Set/817548_212341309/3.html

please how can know the grams of each gold item ? pls the answer its very important
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by lanre45: 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
I really appreciate everybody here, u are 1derful.God bless
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
okumbe:

please how can know the grams of each gold item ? pls the answer its very important
Check along the item description or ask the seller
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fitnesswis: 7:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
if you want to exchange any ecurrency and get best value and service. this company i discovered newly has never failed. all my paypal funds cashout has been with them xchanga.com you can also try wmcenter.com they are good also but xchanga.com is the best. Thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by ugsams(m): 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
well done guys... I appreciate. what you guys are doing here and few other related threads. Although I have known Nairaland since 2005 my motive have changed through all these years. My routine in Nairaland had been Front page, followed topics, webmasters, travels and sexuality until I discovered this thread last week. Because of my basic knowledge of buying and sourcing things online when I discovered the DIY thread by El Matteo it was easy for me to connect. however I havent been able to cover all the pages yet because of time but I will like to ask a question.

Please how do you access the credibility of a supplier on the Alibaba platform? As for Aliexpress I know I can read reviews and ratings
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
ugsams:
Please how do you access the credibility of a supplier on the Alibaba platform? As for Aliexpress I know I can read reviews and ratings

If you could shop on aliexpress, doing same at alibaba won't be an itch. They got almost thesame functions but alibaba is mostly for manufacturers, while aliexpress is for sellers though some manufacturers in alibaba also list their products for sale on aliexpress. Escrow payment is also applicable on alibaba, so guy no cause for alarm. If the seller does not meet up with his own side of the bargain, your money will be refunded to you. Chat with the maufacturer/supplier to make sure they give you exactly what you demanded for. Hope this helps
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 11:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
ezeh isaac: You can also buy genuine jewelries here

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/24K-Gold-plated-Jewelry/817548_100085639.html

And

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/18K-Gold-plated-Set/817548_212341309/3.html

I'd like to say something about those above links. Could see that those jewelries are Gold plated and I don't advice anyone to go for such cos that's the lowest level of gold. When worn, within a short time frame, it tends to tarnish, wash, rob off and it turns colour which would eventually turn the skin green. I'd advice you to go for gold filled jewelries cos they're second to solid gold itself by far more better than gold plated. Well, I'd write a lil more on Solid gold, gold filled and gold plated tomorrow, it's quite late. Never knew time has gone this far. @Mr. Eze, just to let u know so as for your customers to keep buying from you without no itch. No offence wink
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 11:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
ugsams:

To know the credibility of a supplier on Alibaba, you need to check out for:
- verified supplier
- Gold supplier status
- Number of years on Alibaba
- Response rate
- low response effectiveness (vs industry average)
- substantiated complaints in last 90 days
chat with them, be honest.
hope this help.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by okumbe(m): 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
I'm looking for a fellow jewelry importer who stays around surulere. Holla for a smoother import biz.
mccoyjossy@yahoo.com
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by caesare: 2:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
pls i am interested in importing andriod phones, tabs and jewelries...how do i begin?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by okumbe(m): 2:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
fursh:

I'd like to say something about those above links. Could see that those jewelries are Gold plated and I don't advice anyone to go for such cos that's the lowest level of gold. When worn, within a short time frame, it tends to tarnish, wash, rob off and it turns colour which would eventually turn the skin green. I'd advice you to go for gold filled jewelries cos they're second to solid gold itself by far more better than gold plated. Well, I'd write a lil more on Solid gold, gold filled and gold plated tomorrow, it's quite late. Never knew time has gone this far. @Mr. Eze, just to let u know so as for your customers to keep buying from you without no itch. No offence wink
stil waiting for explanations on solid gold, filled gold and gold plated as u promised.
I'm waiting cos i need more insight.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by AdeoyeAdekunle: 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2013
Pls i nid 2 kno more abt solid gold & filled gold
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by AdeoyeAdekunle: 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2013
Pls i nid 2 kno more abt solid gold & filled gold jewelry
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hello guys, promised to drop something here this morning but I've been busy all day. Well tis is it

When deciding on a gold jewelry item, there are different terms that comes up (Solid Gold, Gold Filled, and Gold Plated). It is important to know the differences between them when making your choice.  They may look alike but they're disappointedly not dsame.

(1) Solid gold is of course an exquisite piece of jewelry and it is accepted worldwide.  

(2) Gold filled is the next level and is an amazing quality alternative to solid gold.  which means if you can't afford to buy solid gold for financial reason, you could go for Gold filled.

(3) Gold plating is the lower level and these items tend to tarnish and can often times turn the skin green when worn for some short period of time.

Gold filled is not to be confused with gold plating as filled literally has 100% more gold than gold plating.  Gold filled is much more valuable and tarnish resistant. It does not flake off, doesn't wash, rub off or turn colors. As a matter of fact, anyone who can wear gold can wear gold filled without worries of any allergic reaction to the jewelry.  Gold filled jewelry is an economical alternative to solid gold! On this note, it is advisable to go for it.

When getting jewelries, always engage in a chat with the suppliers, tell them what you want; that you want a gold filled jewelry not a gold plated one, demand for just a sample, get to see it, touch and have a feel of it, see if it's really what you want before going into bulk purchase and let him/her know that you'd return it or leave a negative feedback if his/her product doesn't meet expectation. Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by aminu150(m): 4:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
fursh: Hello guys, promised to drop something here this morning but I've been busy all day. Well tis is it

When deciding on a gold jewelry item, there are different terms that comes up (Solid Gold, Gold Filled, and Gold Plated). It is important to know the differences between them when making your choice. They may look alike but they're disappointedly not dsame.

(1) Solid gold is of course an exquisite piece of jewelry and it is accepted worldwide.

(2) Gold filled is the next level and is an amazing quality alternative to solid gold. which means if you can't afford to buy solid gold for financial reason, you could go for Gold filled.

(3) Gold plating is the lower level and these items tend to tarnish and can often times turn the skin green when worn for some short period of time.

Gold filled is not to be confused with gold plating as filled literally has 100% more gold than gold plating. Gold filled is much more valuable and tarnish resistant. It does not flake off, doesn't wash, rub off or turn colors. As a matter of fact, anyone who can wear gold can wear gold filled without worries of any allergic reaction to the jewelry. Gold filled jewelry is an economical alternative to solid gold! On this note, it is advisable to go for it.

When getting jewelries, always engage in a chat with the suppliers, tell them what you want; that you want a gold filled jewelry not a gold plated one, demand for just a sample, get to see it, touch and have a feel of it, see if it's really what you want before going into bulk purchase and let him/her know that you'd return it or leave a negative feedback if his/her product doesn't meet expectation. Hope this helps
pls when buying jewelries in bulk is it advisable to use free shipping or which other way?

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by okumbe(m): 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
fursh: Hello guys, promised to drop something here this morning but I've been busy all day. Well tis is it

When deciding on a gold jewelry item, there are different terms that comes up (Solid Gold, Gold Filled, and Gold Plated). It is important to know the differences between them when making your choice. They may look alike but they're disappointedly not dsame.

(2) Gold filled is the next level and is an amazing quality alternative to solid gold. which means if you can't afford to buy solid gold for financial reason, you could go for Gold filled.

Gold filled is not to be confused with gold plating as filled literally has 100% more gold than gold plating. Gold filled is much more valuable and tarnish resistant. It does not flake off, doesn't wash, rub off or turn colors. As a matter of fact, anyone who can wear gold can wear gold filled without worries of any allergic reaction to the jewelry. Gold filled jewelry is an economical alternative to solid gold! On this note, it is advisable to go for it.

it will help alot. Great one over,
thumbs up Mr. Fursh
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by bizngr(f): 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
Hey guys! Did you watch Man of Steel? Here are five lessons every entrepreneur should learn from the movie.
http://www.bizngr.com/management-tips/7-entrepreneurship-lessons-man-steel/
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
aminu150:
pls when buying jewelries in bulk is it advisable to use free shipping or which other way?

For jewelries, free shipping isn't a bad idea. As for other ways, there's DHL, EMS, UPS, fedex and some others but they're quite on the high side cos they're fast. You can go for any of them if u culd afford their services.

Hope you've ordered for a sample of the product before trying to go for bulk purchase? Just asking, cash isn't easy to come by. Hope this helps
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by danielscot: 6:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
thank God, the jewlries i ordered for arrived today.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 6:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
bizngr: Hey guys! Did you watch Man of Steel? Here are five lessons every entrepreneur should learn from the movie.
http://www.bizngr.com/management-tips/7-entrepreneurship-lessons-man-steel/

Five lessons; are u kidding me

Aren't those someone's ideas

Create urs man
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
okumbe: I'm looking for a fellow jewelry importer who stays around surulere. Holla for a smoother import biz.
mccoyjossy@yahoo.com
are u the 1 that called today?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by aminu150(m): 8:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
fursh:

For jewelries, free shipping isn't a bad idea. As for other ways, there's DHL, EMS, UPS, fedex and some others but they're quite on the high side cos they're fast. You can go for any of them if u culd afford their services.

Hope you've ordered for a sample of the product before trying to go for bulk purchase? Just asking, cash isn't easy to come by. Hope this helps
thanks alot. U seem to know alot about jewelry, guess you are into its importation. Will like to chat with you. Here is my email aminu_aa@hotmail.com
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by okumbe(m): 1:24am On Sep 26, 2013
Tonjeola1:

Yea. Hope we can partner, atleast will fasten the delivery and lower the cost of shipping. I'll call u early in the morning.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by okumbe(m): 1:24am On Sep 26, 2013
Tonjeola1:

Yea. Hope we can partner, atleast it will fasten the delivery and lower the cost of shipping. I'll call u early in the morning.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 6:46am On Sep 26, 2013
okumbe:

Yea. Hope we can partner, atleast it will fasten the delivery and lower the cost of shipping. I'll call u early in the morning.
u're welcome, but am in ijebu ode, ogun state, how do u cope about that
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by okumbe(m): 9:21am On Sep 26, 2013
Tonjeola1:
u're welcome, but am in ijebu ode, ogun state, how do u cope about that

man its very far from where i am staying. I stays in Surulere Lagos and quite far from here, but is there any means we can do it ?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by okumbe(m): 9:55am On Sep 26, 2013
danielscot: thank God, the jewlries i ordered for arrived today.

the jewelries u bought is it gold plated or filled gold ? Did u buy it from the links Mr. Ezeh Isaac pasted above... Cos that is where i bought mine but stil waiting for it arrival.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by bizmania(m): 9:59am On Sep 26, 2013
okumbe:

man its very far from where i am staying. I stays in Surulere Lagos and quite far from here, but is there any means we can do it ?
wow! I'm in Orile! Can we hook up if you don't mind? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Supermarket Owners Rake In Huge Profits Over Closure Of Shoprite In Akure / 3 Areas Where Money Is Hidden / Top Online Business That Has Made Most Young People Millionaires In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.