Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies (33007 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Opiosko: 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2013
Tonjeola1:
Access is the best for me,u need to open an account with Access bank to get it, when filling the request form, pls tick VISA CARD and is attached to ur account with the bank, no need of token as Gtb master card.
Please let's try to give folks an objective advice/opinion, not a sentimental one. Saying a card without a 'Token' is better than one that requires it is like saying a house without lock and keys is better that one that has locks. Token is for ur online transaction security which requires you to input a randomly generated six number code for every transaction. In my opinion, #2,210 (#110 for VAT) is nothing compared to ur acct security. Besides, GTBank master card has more acceptability and can even be used to withdraw form foreign banks and in foreign currency.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
Opiosko: Please let's try to give folks an objective advice/opinion, not a sentimental one. Saying a card without a 'Token' is better than one that requires it is like saying a house without lock and keys is better that one that has locks. Token is for ur online transaction security which requires you to input a randomly generated six number code for every transaction. In my opinion, #2,210 (#110 for VAT) is nothing compared to ur acct security. Besides, GTBank master card has more acceptability and can even be used to withdraw form foreign banks and in foreign currency.
Am not going against it, am not a staff of Access either, i ve Gtb MC also. do ur reseach very well, ve heard of folks that complaints of Gtb MC not accepted on all sites
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
Tonjeola1:

Opiosko:

I think it's different strokes for different folks. All the cards have one complain or the other, none is the best. Stick to what works for you
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
fursh:

I think it's different strokes for different folks. All the cards have one complain or the other, none is the best. Stick to what works for you
thank u
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Opiosko: 6:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
fursh:

Thanks man.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
Tonjeola1:

Good evening. Went for the Access bank account today and noticed something. There are quite a number of Visa cards in the application form, about 3 of dem.
(1) Visa debit card

(2) Visa prepaid card, and

(3) Visa credit card

Was thinking of ticking the Visa debit card but wasn't too sure of it and the customer care lady said she isn't conversant with the one that works better in terms of online purchases.

Pls which of 'em should I tick?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 6:30pm On Oct 04, 2013
Opiosko: Thanks man.

You're welcome my guy
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Opiosko: 6:39pm On Oct 04, 2013
Tonjeola1:
Am not going against it, am not a staff of Access either, i ve Gtb MC also. do ur reseach very well, ve heard of folks that complaints of Gtb MC not accepted on all sites
Your point was that Access does not require a token like Gtb, by that you were implying that d 'token' is a liability instead of an added advantage for online transaction security. As for acceptance, it's only sites like ebay, clickbank ...etc that does not do business with Nigerians that declines it. #Peace
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
Opiosko: Your point was that Access does not require a token like Gtb, by that you were implying that d 'token' is a liability instead of an added advantage for online transaction security. As for acceptance, it's only sites like ebay, clickbank ...etc that does not do business with Nigerians that declines it. #Peace

Bro, u got a point about the token stuff security wise but if you've read through season 1 and 2 of "Do it yourself Importation thread" you'd see complains of some peeps there about the said card, not to talk of UBA africard. So far, there has been no negative comment about the Access Visa(like I said b4, that doesn't mean it is the best), that's why I'm going for it and for d fact dat my Africard suck.

U too much 4 ur explanation, thumbs up.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2013
Tonjeola1:
thank u

Anytime my guy.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Opiosko: 12:56am On Oct 05, 2013
fursh:

Bro, u got a point about the token stuff security wise but if you've read through season 1 and 2 of "Do it yourself Importation thread" you'd see complains of some peeps there about the said card, not to talk of UBA africard. So far, there has been no negative comment about the Access Visa(like I said b4, that doesn't mean it is the best), that's why I'm going for it and for d fact dat my Africard suck.

U too much 4 ur explanation, thumbs up.
Ok, thanks sire, we are all learning.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 3:12am On Oct 05, 2013
fursh:

Good evening. Went for the Access bank account today and noticed something. There are quite a number of Visa cards in the application form, about 3 of dem.
(1) Visa debit card

(2) Visa prepaid card, and

(3) Visa credit card

Was thinking of ticking the Visa debit card but wasn't too sure of it and the customer care lady said she isn't conversant with the one that works better in terms of online purchases.

Pls which of 'em should I tick?
VISA DEBT CARD
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 7:02am On Oct 05, 2013
Opiosko: Ok, thanks sire, we are all learning.

Yeah we all are. Hv a nice day bro
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 7:04am On Oct 05, 2013
Tonjeola1:
VISA DEBT CARD

Thought as much. Would let u know when I'm done with it. Thanks for your prompt reply. Do hv a nice day
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Godmother(f): 1:37am On Oct 07, 2013
Hi,

I went thru the importation guide started by El Matteo and became interested in this importation biz. Then I checked aliexpress and found one or two products I like. I'm thinking of importing mp3 players where one can download messages or songs into it but my fear is whether or not it will sell. I asked a friend and she said she would be willing to buy. I didn't tell her I plan on selling, just asked her if she would spend her money buying an mp3 player.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by anex4real: 6:18am On Oct 07, 2013
In terms of acceptability, visa card is more accepted and more secure than mastercard but that doesn't make it the best, master card has it own advantage, I use both cards.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by okumbe(m): 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
Tonjeola1

It has been shipped, check ur FB message box for the tracking number.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by ntutu(m): 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
Please room were will i buy second hand or new PS2 game from.i need it in bulk like from 1000 pieces or more.thanks and God bless you all.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Cashkhiid(m): 6:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
PLEASE WHEN ASKED TO INPUT ZIP/POSTAL CODE IS IT THE ZIP CODE OF MY COUNTRY THAT I SHOULD INPUT OR MY AREA COS MY AREA HAS ITS OWN ZIP CODE?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by kentochi(m): 11:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
I was unable to chat with seller on aliexpress.com this is the massage i get each time i want to chat with those sellers "failed to sign in, sign in time out possible reasons you are not connected to the internet or check your proxy setting SOMEONE should help me pls cos i want to give it a try this month thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 1:37am On Oct 08, 2013
okumbe: Tonjeola1

saw it.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by YarisMan(m): 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
Thanks guys for the many useful info, Pls does CVM charges anything plus their normal $10 per Kg for 7-10 days package?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by bizmania(m): 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
Cashkhiid: PLEASE WHEN ASKED TO INPUT ZIP/POSTAL CODE IS IT THE ZIP CODE OF MY COUNTRY THAT I SHOULD INPUT OR MY AREA COS MY AREA HAS ITS OWN ZIP CODE?
i guess u want to use free shipping. put d postal code of ur nearest post office cos datz where ur goods will land.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by bizmania(m): 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
Cashkhiid: PLEASE WHEN ASKED TO INPUT ZIP/POSTAL CODE IS IT THE ZIP CODE OF MY COUNTRY THAT I SHOULD INPUT OR MY AREA COS MY AREA HAS ITS OWN ZIP CODE?
i guess u want to go for free shipping. Put d postal code of ur nearest post office cos datz where ur good will land
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by bizmania(m): 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
YarisMan: Thanks guys for the many useful info, Pls does CVM charges anything plus their normal $10 per Kg for 7-10 days package?
Chrisvicmall charges $10 for service and another $10 for d normal 7-10 days shipping....
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by bizmania(m): 10:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
kentochi: I was unable to chat with seller on aliexpress.com this is the massage i get each time i want to chat with those sellers "failed to sign in, sign in time out possible reasons you are not connected to the internet or check your proxy setting SOMEONE should help me pls cos i want to give it a try this month thanks.
bros try using another browser
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by bizmania(m): 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
ntutu: Please room were will i buy second hand or new PS2 game from.i need it in bulk like from 1000 pieces or more.thanks and God bless you all.
do u want someone to supply to you or u want the link to import them yourself?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by bizmania(m): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
okumbe: Tonjeola1

Mr. Okumbe!
Longest time. I hw has d business been going? I hvnt been online for a while. My phone was stolen bt I just ordered for one which am xpecting on Friday. Hope ure doing well sha?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by kentochi(m): 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
@bizmania pls teach me how to do business online i mean buying of goods
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by bizmania(m): 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
kentochi: @bizmania pls teach me how to do business online i mean buying of goods
it's not a day job I must be honest with U. I will advise u go and read 'do it yourself importation guide season 1 and 2' just read d first 10 pages of season 1, read page 30 -40 and den read d last 10 pages! datz what i did. This will save u time and stress cos these places i mentioned are where there are vital information! Then read d first 5 pages of season 2, then from page 100-110, then page 230 till date! I swear u will be able to stand on ur own. U can den bring up any questions and ask anybody here. U MUST surely get an answer. Thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Cashkhiid(m): 10:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
bizmania: i guess u want to use free shipping. put d postal code of ur nearest post office cos datz where ur goods will land.
Thanks bro, but what if I want it to be delivered at my doorstep what should I do?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by NaijaIhail(m): 6:05am On Oct 09, 2013
Payment issue is not a big issue for me BUT my major problem is that, I read it somewhere that, ANY STUFF WITH BATTERY CANNOT BE SHIPPED......and what I really which to ship is wrist watches and mobile phones.....please what can I do? Please help guys! Thank you all

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Supermarket Owners Rake In Huge Profits Over Closure Of Shoprite In Akure / How To Start And Run A Successful Hair Salon Business In Nigeria {simple Guide} / 3 Areas Where Money Is Hidden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.