Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,346 members, 7,819,232 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies (33008 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 5:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
Fentoluwa: it's d immitation design im talking about. D original is valued at 4k or so last tym i checked in a watch shop
I got one on walmart for $41
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by henrimoto(m): 3:00am On Oct 01, 2013
ezeh guy and kind importers, i greet una! thank you for this workshop wey you open to take value to people's life. God will take you all from mini to major importers. amem!! *'Nwanne,abeg shift for me small make i follow you enjoy this class....huunn... thank you.'*

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 3:38am On Oct 01, 2013
henrimoto: ezeh guy and kind importers, i greet una! thank you for this workshop wey you open to take value to people's life. God will take you all from mini to major importers. amem!! *'Nwanne,abeg shift for me small make i follow you enjoy this class....huunn... thank you.'*
You're welcome onboard
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by alingo4life: 2:30am On Oct 02, 2013
hancock: i am having the same problem with my UBA MAstercard too on amazon.com
the truth is i actually used it for the first time on the 5th of September to buy computer accessories worth about 110k and i was billed accordingly by UBA bank. the goods were shipped to my customized address in myamericanshipper.com.
All of a sudden when i tried shopping 3 days later on amazon.com they rejected my orders and requested i fax my mastercard billing statement. i contacted UBA customer care and even forwarded the email i received from amazon to them detailing my predicament with amazon. they replied me that i should contact amazon to get in touch with UBA through email or their customer care lines. i forwarded the mail i recived from UBA to amazon and for over a week now amazon is yet to rectify my account with them.
At this point i am short of ideas on how to go about rectifying this.
PS. i contacted UBA branch at ilupeju and they seem confused about the whole saga. they don't even have fax machines grin to begin with

Bros,How you dey?I got attracted to the mail forwarding company you used and that is myamericanshipper.com.Have seen them online but i haven't used them all these while.Am thinking of using myus.com etc..although i have one i use now,which is shippyme.com.However i still want to spread my net.Have being doing online shopping before it even became popular in Nigeria..

So this is my question,have you received your package through them?How efficient are they?And do you have any regrets about them?

You can send me a text on 08166270971.I really need to know Nigerians that have used them

Thanks

Expecting your reply
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Yespro: 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hello house, please if I am buying on aliexpress using free shipping, if I go to NIPOST for collection, will they accept my business ID Card as means of identification? Please I need urgent response.
Thanks all
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
Yespro: Hello house, please if I am buying on aliexpress using free shipping, if I go to NIPOST for collection, will they accept my business ID Card as means of identification? Please I need urgent response.
Thanks all
Yes, they will accept it as far is correspond with the name on the package
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by debco(m): 7:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
Please can anyone show me link to importation guide season 1 and 2. Am newbie about to go into importation. thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
(1) which mastercard is recomended for paying for goods on aliexpress? (2)And how do one go about it? (3) can I conveniently use my BB phone to do this biz? (4) how long will it take d goods to arrive benin city if I use HK free shipping? I intend starting this business this month. Thanks a lot everyone for posting usefull info here. may God bless u richly.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by luckgood(m): 9:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hello peeps,

From all I have seen so far on this thread,it's nice knowing that nigeria youths of these days are smarter and intelligent. Gone are the days of yahoo Yahoo labeling of our youths and now we have the likes of everyone that had contributed meaningfully in the discussion so far.
Now,I'm also a newbies who want to dive into importation of smart phones accessories..anyone who can help on the trusted online dealers of memory cards who prices are cheap?..this goes out to all d importers guruz in the house,thank you!
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by aminu150(m): 12:19am On Oct 03, 2013
marvis5077: (1) which mastercard is recomended for paying for goods on aliexpress? (2)And how do one go about it? (3) can I conveniently use my BB phone to do this biz? (4) how long will it take d goods to arrive benin city if I use HK free shipping? I intend starting this business this month. Thanks a lot everyone for posting usefull info here. may God bless u richly.
Use GTB master card. Just tell you want to use their card for payment online they will do it for you. With free shipping goods can arrive benin in 2 to 4 weeks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by luckgood(m): 4:22am On Oct 03, 2013
marvis5077: (1) which mastercard is recomended for paying for goods on aliexpress? (2)And how do one go about it? (3) can I conveniently use my BB phone to do this biz? (4) how long will it take d goods to arrive benin city if I use HK free shipping? I intend starting this business this month. Thanks a lot everyone for posting usefull info here. may God bless u richly.

I don't know how nairaland email work,u can Thanx
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 5:02am On Oct 03, 2013
don't mail anybody,if they ve any useful info let them share it here.
go for Access bank visa card, that's what ve been using without stress,if u go for Gtb master card,u will need a token device from Gtb to pay online and is N2100 presently from the bank, although some said they don't use token when paying online,but it does not work for everyone,i ve Gtb master card and had tried it online several times but it never work,instead paying N2100 to Gtb,i went for Access visa card and it has been sweet shopping online.
2. it takes a week to get after applying for it.
3. can u use ur BB, well what i can is give it a try

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 5:08am On Oct 03, 2013
ur 4th question, when paying for items aliexpress and some china sites, u will notice that free shipping is always stated 15 - 60 day delivery, but it takes between 13 - 21 days to ur destination, even the china air post that used to delay, are fast these days.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by biafranqueen: 6:02am On Oct 03, 2013
Greetings importers my husband ships cars parts and and cars. I am interested in growing the Air freight part of the business for him and take it to another level. At this time he is only exporting car from America I would like to do the same thing as Chrisvicmall.com for ebay and Amazon orders. After going through the threads, I have come to the conclusion that I would have to work out an agreement with ebay and Amazon first I suppose. Since I have accounts of over 5 years with them and I also use to sell frequently on eBay.

I know that Nigerians would like to have access to these online stores, but I have not figured out how Chrisvicmall gets paid. We have an office in Trade Fair that people can pick up the shipments, but I need to figure out how to get paid from Nigeria. We have a UBA account but the head office is in New York and we are in California. I also want to see how I can supply Iphones Pads or any other American made product in demand.

Can you pay thru paypal in Nigeria?
How can I receive payments in America if you send the products to me and I airship them to our office. Thank you in advance for any info
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by hancock(m): 6:25am On Oct 03, 2013
I received my goods from myamericanshipers.com within 3 working days
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Oladat4real: 6:40am On Oct 03, 2013
Please, how much are they selling 1gram of 18karat gold plated jewelry in NigerIa?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 7:05am On Oct 03, 2013
hancock: I received my goods from myamericanshipers.com within 3 working days
can u explain this, because u said, u made payment on amazon on 3rd or 5th Sept, pls explain. or u dey market for them
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by hancock(m): 8:43am On Oct 03, 2013
I made payment to amazon using my uba mastercard but my shipping address was for that giving to me by myamericanshipper.com
normally it will take say 4-5 working days for amazon to ship to the address you provided but if you are an amazon prime member, it will probably take you 2 working days.
Once your goods get to myamericanshipper, they catalogue and photograph it and upload it to your account page. this process can take an additional 1-2days before you see your goods being reflected on your account.
If everything is in order just click on ship and you will be billed appropriately. my goods was shipped out on a Thursday and by Monday I went straight to DHL office at NAHCO to pick it up

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 9:23am On Oct 03, 2013
hancock: I made payment to amazon using my uba mastercard but my shipping address was for that giving to me by myamericanshipper.com
normally it will take say 4-5 working days for amazon to ship to the address you provided but if you are an amazon prime member, it will probably take you 2 working days.
Once your goods get to myamericanshipper, they catalogue and photograph it and upload it to your account page. this process can take an additional 1-2days before you see your goods being reflected on your account.
If everything is in order just click on ship and you will be billed appropriately. my goods was shipped out on a Thursday and by Monday I went straight to DHL office at NAHCO to pick it up
not a home delivery?
hope the DHL guys no extort u? as they used to do when shipping thru myus.com
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by hancock(m): 12:14pm On Oct 03, 2013
Tonjeola1:
not a home delivery?
hope the DHL guys no extort u? as they used to do when shipping thru myus.com
funnily I wasn't billed any additional fee by customs or dhl grin
I went to their office instead because I used my home address instead of my office and my office is like 20mins drive to NAHCO
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
hancock:
funnily I wasn't billed any additional fee by customs or dhl grin
I went to their office instead because I used my home address instead of my office and my office is like 20mins drive to NAHCO
ok. thanks. i will try their service
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 8:18pm On Oct 03, 2013
Tonjeola1: .

U're so on point wit ur replies. My Africard sucks often times, thinking of an alternative card to acquire, GTB mastercard is a no go area cos I've heard times without number about their token. I've also heard about access Visa card but don't know if it's attached to an account or it's a stand alone card like UBA africard? Pls enlighten me a lil bit about d Access Visa card, thx
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2013
biafranqueen: Greetings importers my husband ships cars parts and and cars. I am interested in growing the Air freight part of the business for him and take it to another level. At this time he is only exporting car parts http://www.usaexportafrica.com/#!contact/crdpd cars from America I would like to do the same thing as Chrisvicmall.com for ebay and Amazon orders. After going through the threads, I have come to the conclusion that I would have to work out an agreement with ebay and Amazon first I suppose. Since I have accounts of over 5 years with them and I also use to sell frequently on eBay.

I know that Nigerians would like to have access to these online stores, but I have not figured out how Chrisvicmall gets paid. We have an office in Trade Fair that people can pick up the shipments, but I need to figure out how to get paid from Nigeria. We have a UBA account but the head office is in New York and we are in California. I also want to see how I can supply Iphones Pads or any other American made product in demand.

Can you pay thru paypal in Nigeria?
How can I receive payments in America if you send the products to me and I airship them to our office. Thank you in advance for any ideas.
http://www.usaexportafrica.com/#!contact/crdp

I'd say you got a nice plan but from your post, it seems you've not decided on what to do yet. There are quite a number of companies and individuals doing this business, I think you should spy on their services, modify it and start yours. As per the payment method, you have to choose the one that would be convenient for u, the one you could get a quick access to. Paypal is off the line(I stand to be corrected).

Paying into a Nigerian bank account is the most common means of payment here when using a third party. Mastercards/Visa cards of any Nigerian bank is also a good means of payment.

Like I said before, nice idea u got but u still have to do more research on this line of biz so as for your services to be a reliable one. No one would like to see his/her money/goods hanging for too long, as Time is of great essence when doing business. Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 8:44pm On Oct 03, 2013
fursh:

U're so on point wit ur replies. My Africard sucks often times, thinking of an alternative card to acquire, GTB mastercard is a no go area cos I've heard times without number about their token. I've also heard about access Visa card but don't know if it's attached to an account or it's a stand alone card like UBA africard? Pls enlighten me a lil bit about d Access Visa card, thx
Access is the best for me,u need to open an account with Access bank to get it, when filling the request form, pls tick VISA CARD and is attached to ur account with the bank, no need of token as Gtb master card.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2013
Tonjeola1:
Access is the best for me,u need to open an account with Access bank to get it, when filling the request form, pls tick VISA CARD and is attached to ur account with the bank, no need of token as Gtb master card.

I'd go for that tomorrow. Thanks for your prompt reply
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by biafranqueen: 9:18pm On Oct 03, 2013
fursh:

I'd say you got a nice plan but from your post, it seems you've not decided on what to do yet. There are quite a number of companies and individuals doing this business, I think you should spy on their services, modify it and start yours. As per the payment method, you have to choose the one that would be convenient for u, the one you could get a quick access to. Paypal is off the line(I stand to be corrected).

Paying into a Nigerian bank account is the most common means of payment here when using a third party. Mastercards/Visa cards of any Nigerian bank is also a good means of payment.

Like I said before, nice idea u got but u still have to do more research on this line of biz so as for your services to be a reliable one. No one would like to see his/her money/goods hanging for too long, as Time is of great essence when doing business. Hope this helps
Yes you are absolutely right and I will use your idea about using two of the companies in the US to spy. My biggest goal is to procure what importers need beyond the websites like we do the car parts. I am waiting on rates for bulk shipments to FED EX and DSL and also Delta Airlines Air Cargo. Like you mentioned I have to really figure out my niche and research well. This is a whole different thing from Ocean Cargo.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 04, 2013
Tonjeola1:
don't mail anybody,if they ve any useful info let them share it here.
go for Access bank visa card, that's what ve been using without stress,if u go for Gtb master card,u will need a token device from Gtb to pay online and is N2100 presently from the bank, although some said they don't use token when paying online,but it does not work for everyone,i ve Gtb master card and had tried it online several times but it never work,instead paying N2100 to Gtb,i went for Access visa card and it has been sweet shopping online.
2. it takes a week to get after applying for it.
3. can u use ur BB, well what i can is give it a try
Thanks a lot.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 5:24am On Oct 04, 2013
fursh:

I'd go for that tomorrow. Thanks for your prompt reply
you're welcome. is my pleasure bro
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Tonjeola1(m): 5:26am On Oct 04, 2013
marvis5077: Thanks a lot.
you're welcome. anywhere you ve issue let me know, check my signature for my contact
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by fursh(m): 8:36am On Oct 04, 2013
biafranqueen: Yes you are absolutely right and I will use your idea about using two of the companies in the US to spy. My biggest goal is to procure what importers need beyond the websites like we do the car parts. I am waiting on rates for bulk shipments to FED EX and DSL and also Delta Airlines Air Cargo. Like you mentioned I have to really figure out my niche and research well. This is a whole different thing from Ocean Cargo.

Just a lil more research/spying grin and you won't regret you did. Wish ya success
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by Inosenduatall: 10:40am On Oct 04, 2013
Hello fellow importers, great work going on here.

I've got original Samsung galaxy tabs available at wholesale prices. It comes with all the accessories (earphone, charger, external keyboard). If interested please call 07062146945.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies by maxibrainz: 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
anybody who has mobile solar power bank for sale should inform me i need it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Supermarket Owners Rake In Huge Profits Over Closure Of Shoprite In Akure / How To Start And Run A Successful Hair Salon Business In Nigeria {simple Guide} / 3 Areas Where Money Is Hidden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.