Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

A Passionate Appeal To The Ooni Of Ife To Call Chief Femi Fani-kayode To Order. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Passionate Appeal To The Ooni Of Ife To Call Chief Femi Fani-kayode To Order. (1893 Views)

Fani-Kayode To Sue Lai Mohammed, APC For N5billion (screen Shots) / Fani-kayode To Tinubu:I’m Not Funsho Williams, I Cannot Be Killed Like A Chicken / Beg Obasanjo & Be Saved- Fani-kayode To Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: A Passionate Appeal To The Ooni Of Ife To Call Chief Femi Fani-kayode To Order. by JomoGbomo2(m): 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
omonnakoda: Fani has said what a lot of people have been too decent to say. In short Yoruba have had enough.
In summary it is like this ; The Yoruba have done everything to be friendly and accommodating to the Ibo after the war and the Ibo (or at least prominent ones) have shown disdain and contempt.
Regardless of the rights or wrongs of Fashola's deportation every right thinking Ibo man should know that there can be no rational basis for attributing an ethnic agenda to it. To suggest that what has affected many other Nigerians most of whom were Yoruba was somehow an anti-Ibo agenda is very offensive to many Yoruba. The Igbo are telling us that they are superior or deserve to be treated differently. Many Yorubas who might have spoken against the action were shocked at the Ibonization of the whole thing and OUK's comment. It is impossible to convey the anger caused by the No man's land comment;I do not exaggerate when I say it has caused irretrievable damage
What is most annoying is many Ibo do not get it or do not care about how offensive to many Yoruba this in combination with many other slights like Achebe's rant were. In summary the Yoruba now understand that the Ibo do not want friendly relationship and they will meet us there; on the field of open unceasing hostility. Pretty much every Yoruba agrees with Fani when he says the "horse has bolted". The Ibo arrogance has led us to this pass and a lot worse is coming,sadly
[b]
omonnakoda: Fani has said what a lot of people have been too decent to say. In short Yoruba have had enough.
In summary it is like this ; The Yoruba have done everything to be friendly and accommodating to the Ibo after the war and the Ibo (or at least prominent ones) have shown disdain and contempt.
Regardless of the rights or wrongs of Fashola's deportation every right thinking Ibo man should know that there can be no rational basis for attributing an ethnic agenda to it. To suggest that what has affected many other Nigerians most of whom were Yoruba was somehow an anti-Ibo agenda is very offensive to many Yoruba. The Igbo are telling us that they are superior or deserve to be treated differently. Many Yorubas who might have spoken against the action were shocked at the Ibonization of the whole thing and OUK's comment. It is impossible to convey the anger caused by the No man's land comment;I do not exaggerate when I say it has caused irretrievable damage
What is most annoying is many Ibo do not get it or do not care about how offensive to many Yoruba this in combination with many other slights like Achebe's rant were. In summary the Yoruba now understand that the Ibo do not want friendly relationship and they will meet us there; on the field of open unceasing hostility. Pretty much every Yoruba agrees with Fani when he says the "horse has bolted". The Ibo arrogance has led us to this pass and a lot worse is coming,sadly
[/b]

The arrogance is just too much
Re: A Passionate Appeal To The Ooni Of Ife To Call Chief Femi Fani-kayode To Order. by funkybaby(f): 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2013
Ola one: It is a sheer waste of time for anyone to try to have a debate with Femi Fani Kayode. He has his flaws, certainly, but, he's, perhaps, the best orator I have ever listened to. Even if you are a professor of English, you stand no f**king chance. He's that good.
As far as the English language is concerned, Mr Femi is undoubtedly top notch. I also respect Boris Johnson and Obama.

He's truly blessed with the gift of the garb!
No try am.

this is so, so true.

on this, you cannot fault FKK. a Cambridge trained lawyer, ko easy cool
Re: A Passionate Appeal To The Ooni Of Ife To Call Chief Femi Fani-kayode To Order. by Olaone1: 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
omonnakoda: I tend to conduct my debates in Yoruba and he stands no F**king chance. Why must we debate in English?
Hahahaha grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Cant Eat My Own Food- Ameachi / 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. / A Thread For The Wise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.