Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row (15106 Views)

Olamide’s Son Naming Ceremony, Gov. Fashola Others Attend (Photos) / Beyonce And Kim Kardashian In Race To Give Birth To Second Child As Beyonce Post / Oprah 'suffers Racism' In Zurich Switzerland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by HezronLorraine(m): 8:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
lastpage:

If "YOU" have issues with the black race (you're probably one of those "lost souls who dont know their real identity"! grin grin ), be bold enough to state "your issues" so we can recommend a PSYCHIATRIST for you![/color] wink

Now bleep-off before l BLOW YOU a...
.....a K.I.S.S
Relax, lt only a [/b] kiss kiss grin

Lastpage!
hey sloth.I can see your schizophrenic enterimopheral alymgosis are driving you nuts.

take a pill,and re-read that post,some of you lack the basic skill to assimilate hidden insinuations in a message.

FYI,I'll glady and proudly identify as a negro anyday anytime.u missed what I meant
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by jude33084(m): 9:01pm On Aug 14, 2013
Valiantvaliant: please who is this oprah, is she the founder of opera mini?

grin
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Horus(m): 9:01pm On Aug 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7oSAr003rU

Oprah Winfrey 'sorry' for naming Switzerland in race row

1 Like

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by naijathings(m): 9:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
Oprah...... Shame on you. You really fall my hand.
You are supposed to be a Lion among women..
Lions don't go about seeking attention like this.
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Uchmangunner: 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2013
homesteady: So after all the insults we showered on the sales-girl, Oprah was wrong!
This guy is a ret@rd! Oprah was never wrong. Read b4 commenting pls

1 Like

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Uchmangunner: 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
Ashmark: Oprah was wrong...I read the girls part of the whole story and I buy it cos she really made lots of point.. Oprah should be careful of what she say, she shld know how powerful her word can be....Checkout ma blog at www.champsmedia..com
Too do, ewu Gambia. Pls explain how Oprah was wrong?
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by musiwa1d: 9:23pm On Aug 14, 2013
If you dont speak up when people show racism towards you. they will continue to assume , it is their right to be racist and will continue to do that to others.

And they will continue to hurt more people and more people, because some people feel racism is Ok.

Why do you think even after the satellite pictures and video , I have been posting, that nigeria govt and senate refuse to do anything because they are mostly racist. because racism in nigeria is shown in public and not hidden.

Clearly you can see that the advocate of 6 zones are racist.
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by ChiSun27(m): 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2013
homesteady: So after all the insults we showered on the sales-girl, Oprah was wrong!

Do u comprehend at all?

1 Like

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by SoaringSammy: 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
you try atleast na u b first to comment. Next time try to read before commenting. Right?

1 Like

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by rockcitie: 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2013
Pls what kind of response are u typing here? Or is it that the English is too difficult for u to comprehend Pls learn to read thoroughly & patiently b4 commenting. SMH

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by ooshinibos: 10:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
if you have never lived in switzerland or Europe then you will not understand this scenarios ( i have lived in switzerland ) , these things happen everyday un noticed , it came out because it was oprah and she reported it ,..... its the mentality that some white people not all ( gotta be careful ) have of black people ,and the swiss people know it still exist in their communities and they are trying to educated their citizens ..... a local european that have not travelled out of their vicinity will act like that sales girls to refuse to serve oprah , you cannot blame because she has been fed wih images of poor black kids and their parents for years and year by the same media that is blaming her . i recommended that AIT TV offer free viewing in switzerland , this will shed some more light about black people and that we are not all broke and poor...and a treat to humanity . A local white dont have a clue about black people and they will act the same way unclonsciously not neccessary being a racist its just ignorance and a bad habit which is hard to shake off ..its not in their Genes but a learned bad habit ... to be continued

2 Likes

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by ooshinibos: 10:24pm On Aug 14, 2013
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7oSAr003rU

Oprah Winfrey 'sorry' for naming Switzerland in race row

i bet you live in Nigerian and will never understand unconscious racism that black people experience in europe ..the good news is that it better than what it was in the 60s , 70s , 80s , but there still exist some hardcore ... but they are working on it
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by patrick27: 10:51pm On Aug 14, 2013

This guy na mumu sha...
you spell well which means you went to school.

But...you need refund from your comprehension teacher!

1 Like

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Remii(m): 11:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
ooshinibos:

i bet you live in Nigerian and will never understand unconscious racism that black people experience in europe ..the good news is that it better than what it was in the 60s , 70s , 80s , but there still exist some hardcore ... but they are working on it

Blacks suffer racism all over the world, you go to Asian countries such as Malaysia and Korea, entering the shop alone they will just tell you they don't have your size or tell you the wares are too expensive. It happened to me in Kuala Lumpur and Geoje, SK. In KL, I think its because most blackS they knew were Liberian refugees at the time, 2003 but I don't know the reason for the South Koreans in Geoje that happened last year.
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Remii(m): 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2013

please listen to the video, since you obviously wouldn't read the full story.
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Horus(m): 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
ooshinibos:

Unlike the West nearly all Africans in Africa don’t know the full mentality of Caucasians in the West. Without studying the diversity in Caucasian nature, and often with a white Jesus being the only non-black face seen in thousands of villages throughout Africa, a god complex occurs.
A belief system that ties a certain race or individual closer to god (God Complex).

1 Like

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by ooshinibos: 11:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
Horus:

Unlike the West nearly all Africans in Africa don’t know the full mentality of Caucasians in the West. Without studying the diversity in Caucasian nature, and often with a white Jesus being the only non-black face seen in thousands of villages throughout Africa, a god complex occurs.
A belief system that ties a certain race or individual closer to god (God Complex).
Good point .. some of us africans dont understand the caucasians as well..thats why we mess up in europe ..and the caucasian that dont understand us mess up too ..via hatred and racism ..some consciously and some unconsciously ..i remember in the 90s in london , the uk government had to close down a university temporarily because the professors and lecture were failing black and asians student on purpose ...it was a brave black student that challenge the system by requesting to see her exam papers ..and it should be marked by and independent individual .. guess what ,the black student actually passed very well ..it was an embarrassment for the UK ..it was called institutionalized racism ...in Nigeria we have institutionalized tribalism and corruption ...the human race is desperately wicked and brutal

2 Likes

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by meforyou1(m): 11:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by meforyou1(m): 11:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
philips70:

Why are you lying here mr? I read the sales woman explanation of the whole stuff. Her explanation made a whole lot of sense to those who shop internationally. She did not mention anything cheap as you are carrying about here. These are her words.

Now the saleslady has hit back, speaking anonymously to Sunday newspaper SonntagsBlick, she said ‘I wasn’t sure what I should present to her she came in on the afternoon of Saturday July 20 so I showed her some bags from the Jennifer Aniston collection.
‘I explained to her the bags came in different sizes and materials, like I always do. ‘She looked at a frame behind me. Far above there was the 35,000 Swiss franccrocodile leather bag. ‘I simply told her that it was like the one I held in my hand, only much more expensive, and that I could show her similar bags.
The black bag Oprah wanted to (store owner) ‘It is absolutely not true that I declined to show her the bag on racist grounds. I even asked her if she wanted to look at the bag. ’She looked around the store again but didn’t say anything
else. Then she went with her companion to the lower floor. My colleague saw them to the door. They were not even in the
store for five minutes.’ She emphatically denied ever saying to Winfrey: ‘You don’t want to see this bag. It is too
expensive. You cannot afford it.’ ’This is not true. This is absurd. I would never say something like that to a customer. Really never. Good manners and politeness are the Alpha and the Omega in this business. ‘I don’t know why she is making these accusations. She is so powerful and I am just a shop girl.

‘I didn’t hurt anyone. I don’t know why someone as great as her must cannibalize me on TV. ‘If it had all taken place as she claimed, why has she not complained the next day at the wedding of Tina Turner with Trudie Goetz, my boss? She was there also at the Turner wedding as a guest. I don’t understand it.
‘I spoke to Oprah Winfrey in English. My English is okay but not excellent, unfortunately. ‘I didn’t know who she was
when she came into the store. That wouldn’t have made any difference if I had. ‘We work really hard to greet all the people who come into the store with the same level of respect and treat them all equally. ‘If someone asks me whether he
or she can see an article, I always present these. Because that person is a potential buyer. And my job is to sell it.
‘I’m glad if I can sell an article. It is a reward for me, if I can sell a nice piece. This means that I’m good at my job.’
"just like the one I'm holding. Only more expensive" u sure must have failed english comprehension in SSCE. If the one high up is more expensive than the one I'm holding, it then means the one I'm holding is cheaper. Duns

3 Likes

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by ooshinibos: 11:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
Horus:

Good point .. some of us africans dont understand the caucasians as well..thats why we mess up in europe ..and the caucasian that dont understand us mess up too ..via hatred and racism ..some consciously and some unconsciously ..i remember in the 90s in london , the uk government had to close down a university temporarily because the professors and lecture were failing black and asians student on purpose ...it was a brave black student that challenge the system by requesting to see her exam papers ..and it should be marked by and independent individual .. guess what ,the black student actually passed very well ..it was an embarrassment for the UK ..it was called institutionalized racism ...in Nigeria we have institutionalized tribalism and corruption ...the human race is desperately wicked and brutal

1 Like

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by ooshinibos: 11:49pm On Aug 14, 2013
Horus:

Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by ooshinibos: 11:52pm On Aug 14, 2013
me_for_you: "just like the one I'm holding. Only more expensive" u sure must have failed english comprehension in SSCE. If the one high up is more expensive than the one I'm holding, it then means the one I'm holding is cheaper. Duns
its call unconscious racism , the oyibos know themselves and they know its racism ...oprah should have ignored her though
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Skmoda360(m): 12:00am On Aug 15, 2013
Airforce1: Apology accepted oprah

Don't do it again wink
On what? When someone put up a racist show in front of her right.
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by linearity: 12:07am On Aug 15, 2013

She is sorry for naming the country, some reading comprehension is what the Doctors are prescribing for you.
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by bejeria101(m): 12:50am On Aug 15, 2013
manny4life:

Correction she didn't take it to any other dimension, the media blew it out of proportion. She's not apolgizing for the event that happened, but how far it was blown out for the country to apologize. Abi didn't you see where she made reference about the U.S.,

So please, this isn't about Oprah, she's all good.
is that so she pays your house rent? Na wa o
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Nobody: 2:14am On Aug 15, 2013
Stuupid woman. Black people need to give up on playing race card on every damn thing. They are the real racist
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by musiwa1e: 2:17am On Aug 15, 2013
if she did not name the country, people around the world. will assume wrong and every nation with white people will suffer for it.

I think many nation should deal with the issue. because black people goes through racism.

this is why it hurt that in nigeria, black on black racism is practices not only by the senate but the govt of nigeria..

i dont like talking about my own experience. black people gone through alot, but what can you do?

why do this people did this. because they dont want to be discriminated. because of what black people go through.

if you dont wear the skin. you cant know the pain. because people dont judge you by the contain of your character but more by the color of your skin.

i know prime minister and presidents of countries. more than 30 africa president in history ran for office because they were once discriminated on abroad. there is a need to push this that dicrimination is wrong. either black on black racism like the case of nigeria or white on black racism.

[img]http://www.beautyredefined.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/beyonce-loreal.bmp[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/_YKYinnCIcVw/SxKe1-vyRMI/AAAAAAAAES0/eJjpRQTsT5E/s1600/LilKimBeforePlasticSurgery.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-KJSsILGCnfE/UamxDUbroqI/AAAAAAABILs/5Xlxb9RuXUk/s1600/see_photo_of_nicki_minaj_before_and_after.jpg[/img]
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by agohavivi(f): 2:39am On Aug 15, 2013
homesteady:
The girl was just trying to be helpful!! Even market women do it to me naw!
Thanks Jare! This is somthing that happens everywhere. The lady probably wasn't racist but acted the place of someone who dosent accomodate unserious shoppers. She assumed Opran couldn't afford the bag, do we blame her considering the fact that Oprah made us realise she wasn't putting on any luxury item at that point, meaning that she knew the rationale for the lady's behaviour. The lady most likely would have done same to a white lady similarly dressed. Who no wan sell market?
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by agohavivi(f): 2:40am On Aug 15, 2013
homesteady:
The girl was just trying to be helpful!! Even market women do it to me naw!
Thanks Jare! This is somthing that happens everywhere. The lady probably wasn't racist but acted the place of someone who dosent accomodate unserious shoppers. She assumed Opran couldn't afford the bag, do we blame her considering the fact that Oprah made us realise she wasn't putting on any luxury item at that point, meaning that she knew the rationale for the lady's behaviour. The lady most likely would have done same to a white lady similarly dressed. Who no wan sell market?
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by musiwa1e: 2:43am On Aug 15, 2013
if i was Switzerland i will offer oprah an apology because she was a guest in the country. that way their citizen will know, it is wrong to do that. you see if they dont, the people next time will do it again and again and see nothing wrong in what is bad.. You will see it will happen very soon. they will think they can get away with it if they can with oprah.
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by lastpage: 4:55am On Aug 15, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: hey sloth.I can see your schizophrenic enterimopheral alymgosis are driving you nuts.

take a pill,and re-read that post,some of you lack the basic skill to assimilate hidden insinuations in a message.

FYI,I'll glady and proudly identify as a negro anyday anytime.u missed what I meant

See me.... See GRAMMAR! grin grin grin
Who are you trying to impress with all these jagbajantis you wrote?

You said "the black race self has issues with its colour"?
What kind of "Dog-poo" were you smoking when you wrote that?

I say you need to see a psychiatrist, ASAP!
Where is "Musiwa"? I have a patient for you! grin grin

Low-level Idiota

Now, Gerrout...

Lastpage!
Re: Oprah 'Sorry' For Naming Switzerland In Race Row by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 15, 2013
Valiantvaliant: please who is this oprah, is she the founder of opera mini?
No, bolt browser.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kam Adams: Linda Ikeji Hosted By The Speaker Of Hackney & Ex Speaker Of Hackney / Chris Brown And Rihanna In Abidjan For Kora Awards / Photo Of Genevieve Nnaji's Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.