Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

What Is Assumption Of Mary - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Assumption Of Mary (13356 Views)

Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary / Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by bright007(f): 10:30am On Aug 15, 2013
naijadeyhia: [b]CATHOLIC DOCTRINES ABOUT MARY COMPARED WITH WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

My sources for this section are the Bible and the Catechism of the Catholic Church, which has numbered paragraphs. For the sake of simplicity and brevity, I will just say Catechism plus the number of the paragraph(s). For example, “Catechism 411, 493” means “Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs numbered 411 and 493."

For each doctrinal category, I will indicate the Catholic doctrine, followed by the appropriate references from the Catechism. I will follow this with quotations from the Bible which relate to the doctrine. For the sake of clarity, I will emphasize some portions of Biblical quotations by using boldface type. The last book in the Bible is called “The Book of Revelation” in Protestant Bibles and “The Apocalypse” in Catholic Bibles. I will refer to it as “Revelation."
...gbam..pls tell them so their eye go open.
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by odiyaka(m): 10:32am On Aug 15, 2013
Victoriousvic: I wonder ooo angry
Mary gave birth to Jesus, I know, but that doesn't mean she should be worshipped like a god. . .Infact, this is idolatry!
But u ll worship ur pastor who is mere human lyk u. Which is idolatry?

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 15, 2013
Know and defend what you believe
Always have an answer ready for the people who ask you the reason for the hope you have. Give it with courtesy and respect and with a clear conscience smiley. (Peter 3:15-17)
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Efiko(m): 10:35am On Aug 15, 2013
..to all my cathiolic friends, love you all with the love of God but i challenge you to take out some time, pause & re-evaluate what you believe before its too late.

Read Rev 17:1- about the great LovePeddler dess in scarlet & purple colour (the offical colour of vatican) & the mystery of the woman on a beast. The woman which the church projects is not the blessed mother of our Lord Jesus Christ but something else in disguise.

...i feel for the innocence, geniunness of the cathiolic multitudes dat desire to worship the true God but held bound by delusion/hoask but the top leadership know exactly what they are doing.

..the best/smartest way to hide a lie is in-between the truth & if you believe a lie (or born into a lie) for several years it become the truth to you.

The 2nd of the 10 commandement state clearly:
You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above (including Mary in heaven) or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God

..Hence bowing down/prayig to "mary" or the saints (dead or live) is nothing but 1st degree idolatry

Further Ref:
Testimony of HEAVEN and HELL | NEW 2013 - Linda Ngaujah...

3 Likes

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Cuzz: 10:43am On Aug 15, 2013
Mary mother of God pray for us sinners nw at the hour of our death.

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Richieboyn: 10:44am On Aug 15, 2013
fixmykey: THANKS BROTHER FOR BUILDING MY FAITH

uwc
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Richieboyn: 10:48am On Aug 15, 2013
tweegep: Wonderful write up and very well thought out on Both side of the arguement. God bless the writer.

amen. GOD BLESS YU
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by fedimol: 10:53am On Aug 15, 2013
People are hating on the Mother of Our Lord but if it's all the mansion living, private jet flying pastors; every word that comes out from their mouths are from God himself.

Who's worshipping who?

Look at yourself before you talk about others.

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 15, 2013
odiyaka:
Point of correction: I do not worship my pastor. Jesus never said anything about praying to Mary and the other things you guys do. All what you do has never been recorded or instructed in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by siaco(m): 10:54am On Aug 15, 2013
Big thank u my dear, i hope many people in d forum, especially some catholics will Have a better understanding of d feast of d assumption. Ave Maria

2 Likes

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by chuqudy(m): 10:54am On Aug 15, 2013
Coded7: i used 2 b a catholic b4 but i no longer believe in all dose Vartican poooooo

Who cares what u beleive in. If you like, join boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by chuqudy(m): 10:57am On Aug 15, 2013
Victoriousvic: Point of correction: I do not worship my pastor. Jesus never said anything about praying to Mary and the other things you guys do. All what you do has never been recorded or instructed in the Bible.

Jesus also never said anything like praying to your baba adeboye or asking your pastor to pray for you.

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by osymary: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2013
[quote author=Yungwizzzy]Mary is just like any other messager of God, her relevance is of little or no use to your salvation. she has completed her task, which you should try to do same. Worship God and Jesus and leave Mary alone

#no beef attached [/qu
JUST as UR MOTHER'S RELEVANCE IS OF LITTLE OR NO IMPORTANCE 2 UR EXISTENCE ON EARTH, RRUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBIIIIIIIISHHHHHHH
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 15, 2013
HapiNna: Let's look at this senerio.
You are a young guy that loves a particular lady and wants to marry her.
At a stage in ur courtship she asks u this question: "is your mother still alive" ?
and u say YES.

She now goes on to tell u that as long as your mother is alive, she will not marry u.

Tell me, if u r this guy, what will be ur next move?

We cannot say we love Jesus without honoring his Blessed Mother.
Although, most people may not belief in Mary, we catholics just have to pray for them that God will lead them to all truths.

@the bolded, I'll leave her immediately and dump her retardded asss cos she doesn't wish me well. How can she want my mother dead before she marry me?. It smacks of evil intentions. But if you're using that scenario to explain why catholics left THE ONLY WAY(Jesus) to pray through Mary(who's dead) to jesus, then sorry to say, it's a crap and silly reason. Jesus said come ONLY through me, so if you go through another means, you're disobeying God.

Kneeling before a sculpture, saying mary's name quadruple times than the name of jesus, is attaching more importance to mary more than Jesus and that's WORSHIPPING. I went to a catholic church a certain time and mary's name was said 98% time during the mass, I kept on wondering where jesus relevance is kept then. Smh

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by osymary: 11:07am On Aug 15, 2013
Coded7: i used 2 b a catholic b4 but i no longer believe in all dose Vartican poooooo

As Jesus was speaking, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said, ‘Happy the womb that bore you and the breasts you sucked!’ But he replied, ‘Still happier those who hear the word of God and keep it!’
,Plz rem ur rosary,it will always guide u

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by osymary: 11:11am On Aug 15, 2013
lamex20: I don't belive in Mary... since d Bible nd my pastor still lied to me that she is still a virgin.. after given birth

The sanctuary of God in heaven opened and the ark of the covenant could be seen inside it. Then came flashes of lightning, peals of thunder and an earthquake, and violent hail.
Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman, adorned with the sun, standing on the moon, and with the twelve stars on her head for a crown. She was pregnant, and in labour, crying aloud in the pangs of childbirth. Then a second sign appeared in the sky, a huge red dragon which had seven heads and ten horns, and each of the seven heads crowned with a coronet. Its tail dragged a third of the stars from the sky and dropped them to the earth, and the dragon stopped in front of the woman as she was having the child, so that he could eat it as soon as it was born from its mother. The woman brought a male child into the world, the son who was to rule all the nations with an iron sceptre, and the child was taken straight up to God and to his throne, while the woman escaped into the desert, where God had made a place of safety ready, for her to be looked after in the twelve hundred and sixty days.
Then I heard a voice shout from heaven, ‘Victory and power and empire for ever have been won by our God, and all authority for his Christ, now that the persecutor, who accused our brothers day and night before our God, has been brought down.’

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 15, 2013
chuqudy:

Jesus also never said anything like praying to your baba adeboye or asking your pastor to pray for you.
Your statement holds no relevant point. . .I'm not a member of RCCG, but I know they do not pray to their pastor. Yes, Jesus never said anything about asking your pastor to pray for you. . .but you have to know that not everyone goes to their pastor for prayers. It is mostly the new christians (babies in the faith) that do so because they still do not have the basic knowledge that God will still hear and answer them despite the fact that they just gave their lives to Christ. The Bible says "To all who believe, he gave them the right to be called sons of God", and as a son of God, you ought to know that your Father will definitely hear you, but they don't

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 15, 2013
odiyaka:

How?. Do we bow down to our pastors?

Do we pray through him to Jesus?

Do we call our pastor's name a thousand time more than Jesus when praying?

Do we create graven image of our pastors and kneel and bow to them?

Mary is to be honoured, no doubt about that, but you guys have taken to a higher level with worshiping him. I respect her and honour but I will never worship her, kneel before her wooden image, call her name a thousand times than Jesus, she's not God jare
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by tintingz(m): 11:16am On Aug 15, 2013
Jakeattah: Please as u comment be careful not to blaspheme and incur Gods wrath...,.... But if u ask me, i dont know what the big deal is with catholics and Mary, yeah she was a role model christian , maybe even a saint, but is it completely right to pray to and worship her? Why dont we worship Paul or Moses or Peter?
I don't think Mary is a role model to christian women...we can see how our christian women dress half na:ked to churches this days excluding the catholics.
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2013
ochongonoko: Jesus said come ONLY through me, so if you go through another means, you're disobeying God.
God bless you my brother
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by ChyEndowed(f): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2013
Queen of VIRGINS...PRAY 4 US...Mother of INTERCESSOR interceed 4 US...I LUV U EVER VIRGIN

2 Likes

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 15, 2013
chuqudy:

We don't pray to our pastors, and adeboye that prays is alive not Mary that's dead.
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Argamemnon: 11:28am On Aug 15, 2013
All these claims that mary's body was taken to heaven cannot be proven, there are no witnesses to justify the theory
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by wehrmatch: 11:29am On Aug 15, 2013
all catholics will be rejected by Jesus and Mary on the Day of Judgement....Idol worshippers
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Karismatik(f): 11:31am On Aug 15, 2013
queenpoker2: Mary my dearest mother pls continue 2 intercede 4 us ur children now n 4ever. Amen. Glory 2 Jesus, Honour 2 Mary...

Beloved, dont get it twisted:

Romans 8:26-27
In the same way, the Spirit also helps our weaknesses, for we don't know how to pray as we ought. But the Spirit himself makes intercession for us with groanings which can't be uttered.
He who searches the hearts knows what is on the Spirit's mind, because he makes intercession for the saints according to God.

Hebrews 7:25
Therefore he [Jesus Christ] is also able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, seeing that he lives forever to make intercession for them.

That is The Holy Bible.
That is the Word of God.
The Word of God is Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Tinkybabe(f): 11:31am On Aug 15, 2013
I'm a christain but I'm still yet to grasp the concept behind idolizing Mary.Yes,she was a good woman and God used her just like he used many other notable women in the bible.Why is her case more special than every other good women mentioned in the bible?Because she beget Jesus Christ?
AS Christains,we shouldn't get carried away thereby breaking a grand commandment ''Ye shall worship only the lord your God,and Him alone shall ye serve"
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Lordave: 11:33am On Aug 15, 2013
tintingz: I don't think Mary is a role model to christians women...we can see how our christian women dress half na:ked to churches this days excluding the catholics.
your sentimental and delusionally biased mind won't even let you know that she isn't even a worthy role model to be compared with Deborah, Ruth, etc.
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Annstar(f): 11:33am On Aug 15, 2013
Ave Maria....

2 Likes

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Originalsly: 11:34am On Aug 15, 2013
Catholics...I am of no religion...you are free to believe what you want to believe...but help me understand why you choose to believe Catholic doctrine over the Bible? In prayer the Bible makes it crystal clear that in prayer there is only one mediator...Jesus Christ...why add Mary? Isn't that blasphemy?Naijadeyhia earlier laid out a very good piece on the Catholic Doctrine vs what the Bible says. I hope you read it with an open mind and decide if you want to continue on the same path or change course while you have the chance to before it is too late.
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by meinme: 11:38am On Aug 15, 2013
''Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you....'' angel Gabriel greeted Mary(Luke 1:28). ''Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb'', Elizabeth, the mother of John the baptist, filled with the Holy Spirit, acclaimed in a loud voice(Luke 1:41-42). Mary in her profound humility, immediately, gives praise to God for raising her from her humble state to partaking in the work of redemption of man and sang the praises of God; ''My soul glorifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my saviour, for he has regarded the low state of his handmaid. Henceforth all ages(generations) will call me blessed, for he who is mighty has done great things for me and holy is his name....'' (Luke 1:46-56). Brethren, today the Holy Catholic Church commemorate the feast of the Assumption of a great woman, the new Eve, a co-redemptor, the heavenly queen, one who crushed the head of the serpent(the devil), the Immaculate Virgin mother of our Lord and saviour, Jesus Christ, the only true God. What the devil destroyed through Eve, God willed to be reconciled through the Blessed Virgin Mary, our queen, my queen. Join me and the church to acclaim her whom God has favoured, blessed. Pray for us to God, beloved queen and mother that his grace may abide in us so as to conquer sin, the devil and the world and be blessed with his beatific vision in heaven, amen.

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Lordave: 11:40am On Aug 15, 2013
osymary:

The sanctuary of God in heaven opened and the ark of the covenant could be seen inside it. Then came flashes of lightning, peals of thunder and an earthquake, and violent hail.
Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman, adorned with the sun, standing on the moon, and with the twelve stars on her head for a crown. She was pregnant, and in labour, crying aloud in the pangs of childbirth. Then a second sign appeared in the sky, a huge red dragon which had seven heads and ten horns, and each of the seven heads crowned with a coronet. Its tail dragged a third of the stars from the sky and dropped them to the earth, and the dragon stopped in front of the woman as she was having the child, so that he could eat it as soon as it was born from its mother. The woman brought a male child into the world, the son who was to rule all the nations with an iron sceptre, and the child was taken straight up to God and to his throne, while the woman escaped into the desert, where God had made a place of safety ready, for her to be looked after in the twelve hundred and sixty days.
Then I heard a voice shout from heaven, ‘Victory and power and empire for ever have been won by our God, and all authority for his Christ, now that the persecutor, who accused our brothers day and night before our God, has been brought down.’
SHÍT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. / The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.