Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

What Is Assumption Of Mary - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Assumption Of Mary (13358 Views)

Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary / Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Efiko(m): 11:40am On Aug 15, 2013
God has not changed, He is still the Jealous God of Exodus 20.

The 2nd of the 10 commandment states clearly:
You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above (including Mary in heaven) or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God

..Hence bowing down/praying to "mary" of the saints (dead or alive) is nothing but 1st degree idolatry

3 Likes

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Lordave: 11:41am On Aug 15, 2013
Originalsly: Catholics...I am of no religion...you are free to believe what you want to believe...but help me understand why you choose to believe Catholic doctrine over the Bible? In prayer the Bible makes it crystal clear that in prayer there is only one mediator...Jesus Christ...why add Mary? Isn't that blasphemy?Naijadeyhia earlier laid out a very good piece on the Catholic Doctrine vs what the Bible says. I hope you read it with an open mind and decide if you want to continue on the same path or change course while you have the chance to before it is too late.
oga, thank you!
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Virick(m): 11:44am On Aug 15, 2013
Although i have long since renounced Christianity, it being nothing more than a control mechanism for mass sheeple, i was baptised Catholic and thus retain my right of 'self-criticism'.

You all do understand that Mary, mother of Joshua Ben Joseph ( later labelled "Jesus" ) conceived him by means of God's creative tool called S..E..X!!!, right?

You folks keep on thinking of S..E..X as evil as is touted by ur religious leaders unto its actual misuse. They ignorant OR deliberately call such marvel ORIGINAL SIN! What madness!!

The time arrives for truth to unfold fully, and unto ye ones who suspect deep within ur hearts that all is not right with ur "Faith", ye are right. Allow urselves THINK without fear of punishment from a man-made God. God is not understood one bit on this planet. If IT (God) was understood or faintly taught correctly, there would be no room for religion as exists today nor an "immaculate conception".

Food for thought to those who especially need this 'revelation'
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by fedimol: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2013
Victoriousvic: Point of correction: I do not worship my pastor. Jesus never said anything about praying to Mary and the other things you guys do. All what you do has never been recorded or instructed in the Bible.

Dinosaurs and a lot of other stuff aren't in the bible. Does that mean they aren't real?
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by bknight: 11:57am On Aug 15, 2013
I am a catholic but I have reservations with many doctrines of christianity (both catholic & protestant churches), this inclusive. Even many priests can not defend some of them under strict scrutiny undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Sike(m): 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
Yungwizzzy: Mary is just like any other messager of God, her relevance is of little or no use to your salvation. she has completed her task, which you should try to do same. Worship God and Jesus and leave Mary alone

#no beef attached
Gbammmm
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Eneze1(f): 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
[quote author=me-in-me]''Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you....'' angel Gabriel greeted Mary(Luke 1:28). ''Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb'', Elizabeth, the mother of John the baptist, filled with the Holy Spirit, acclaimed in a loud voice(Luke 1:41-42). Mary in her profound humility, immediately, gives praise to God for raising her from her humble state to partaking in the work of redemption of man and sang the praises of God; ''My soul glorifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my saviour, for he has regarded the low state of his handmaid. Henceforth all ages(generations) will call me blessed, for he who is mighty has done great things for me and holy is his name....'' (Luke 1:46-56). Brethren, today the Holy Catholic Church commemorate the feast of the Assumption of a great woman, the new Eve, a co-redemptor, the heavenly queen, one who crushed the head of the serpent(the devil), the Immaculate Virgin mother of our Lord and saviour, Jesus Christ, the only true God. What the devil destroyed through Eve, God willed to be reconciled through the Blessed Virgin Mary, our queen, my queen. Join me and the church to acclaim her whom God has favoured, blessed. Pray for us to God, beloved queen and mother that his grace may abide in us so as to conquer sin, the devil and the world and be blessed with his beatific vision in heaven, amen.[/quote

can you please explain where it was in the Bible that she crushed the head of the serpent, its really important, because to me no importance was given to her like you people have really exalted her above Jesus which looks like idolatry to me, thanks
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by dowjones(m): 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
LMAO !! what are they assuming again? You catholics will sleep one day and wake up in hell.

John 19:26 just before Jesus died he said...'WOMAN, behold your son!' Then He said to the disciple, 'Behold YOUR MOTHER!'.

How can a VIRGIN give birth to 5 boys ! Jesus,Joseph, James, Jude, and Simon.

Mary was simply a vessel. Her work was done right after she gave birth to Jesus.

You catholics should be concerned with how much blood your "church" has shed in the name of "holy crusade".
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by deols(f): 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hearing this for the first time.
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by crestime(m): 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
SOME FACTS

1. The ark of God at this perilous times is YOU, the believer who have the indwelling of the holyspirit of God and who believes(foolishly-as the world would say)in his only begotten son JESUS CHRIST.

2. The Virgin mary(who holds the right to be called BLESSED), though the earthly mother of our lord jesus, has no right or power whatsoever, to intercede for us. only JESUS CHRIST, the saviour of the world who shed his own blood for us can.

3. Christianity is a personal race and your justification as a christian is totally independent of your believe or hope in another who has run theirs and is therefore sanctified. Your only hope, believe and trust should be in JESUS CHRIST because ALL POWER has been given unto him. only him can strengthen you.

4. Religion is simply a man-made spiritual problem even right from the days of our lord JESUS CHRIST. in heaven, there is no religion.[Rev. 21:22]

5. Christianity is a lifestyle. A lifestyle characterised by love as modeled by JESUS CHRIST. The love of God, that passeth all understanding.

6. Christianity is simply being a fool for God. Relying totally on the ever sufficient grace of our lord JESUS CHRIST.

Peace!

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by BonnyDominic: 12:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
Jakeattah: Please as u comment be careful not to blaspheme and incur Gods wrath...,.... But if u ask me, i dont know what the big deal is with catholics and Mary, yeah she was a role model christian, maybe even a saint, but is it completely right to pray to and worship her? Why dont we worship Paul or Moses or Peter?
D church does not worship Mary but Honour nd beg for her intercession just like she intercede in d weddind @ cana nd made her son our Lord Jesus Christ to perform His 1st miracle against His will.

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by BonnyDominic: 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ave Maria ........... Orapro nobis.

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
I am the way; the truth and the life..

No one cometh unto d Father xcept thru me..John 14:6

And if any man sin, we av an ADVOCATE with the Father, Jesus Christ, the RIGHTEOUS..1john 2:1b

He that hath ears to hear, let him hear..Matthew 11:15
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by charybabe: 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
pls stop deceiving yourselves,read ur bibles n pray dat d Holy Spirit interpret 4 u. religion n work wil nt take anyone 2 heaven only through Jesus Christ shal we c God
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by dowjones(m): 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
Bonny Dominic: D church does not worship Mary but Honour nd beg for her intercession just like she intercede in d weddind @ cana nd made her son our Lord Jesus Christ to perform His 1st miracle against His will.

Mary is dead like any human. You are honoring the dead. She will stand judgment like any other human. How can she now INTERCEDE for her fellow humans.

This is no different from PAGAN WORSHIP where the native doctor pours libation on the shrine and begs the ACENSTORS to help him.
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
HapiNna: Let's look at this senerio.
You are a young guy that loves a particular lady and wants to marry her.
At a stage in ur courtship she asks u this question: "is your mother still alive" ?
and u say YES.

She now goes on to tell u that as long as your mother is alive, she will not marry u.

Tell me, if u r this guy, what will be ur next move?

We cannot say we love Jesus without honoring his Blessed Mother.
Although, most people may not belief in Mary, we catholics just have to pray for them that God will lead them to all truths.

Bullshit. Ur example isn't relevant.
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by HapiNna: 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
ochongonoko:

@the bolded, I'll leave her immediately and dump her retardded asss cos she doesn't wish me well. How can she want my mother dead before she marry me?. It smacks of evil intentions. But if you're using that scenario to explain why catholics left THE ONLY WAY(Jesus) to pray through Mary(who's dead) to jesus, then sorry to say, it's a crap and silly reason. Jesus said come ONLY through me, so if you go through another means, you're disobeying God.

Kneeling before a sculpture, saying mary's name quadruple times than the name of jesus, is attaching more importance to mary more than Jesus and that's WORSHIPPING. I went to a catholic church a certain time and mary's name was said 98% time during the mass, I kept on wondering where jesus relevance is kept then. Smh

@ochongonoko, In the catholic church, we NEVER worship Mary, we honor her.

We believe in the powers of her intercession and that is why in the she is invoked many times in the church.

Remember the incident @ d wedding at cana, when the people told Mary d wine is finished, She told Jesus and instructed them to do whatever He (Jesus) says. Mary still directed them to Solution (Jesus).

Secondly, Mary is not dead. She was taken up to heaven body and soul just like Elijah. Though this is not in the bible, it is the teaching of the Church.

Even Jesus Christ says that whoever believes in me (Jesus) shall not die, even if he dies, he shall live again (cf Jn 11:25)
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by IdiAmin2(m): 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
she still be virgin
after she born jesus and his brothers?
anyway, maybe na c-section she do born amm her pickin, so that place still dey closed
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
bright007: ...gbam..pls tell them so their eye go open.

u basically quoted the catechism. Wtf is it anyway? Bible doesnt say use catechism or any other book as a guide. Can u show me a passage in the bible that says honor mary?
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
Happy assumption day my catholic brethren.
please do not mind the haters they know themselves(protestants)

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by hrhobi1(m): 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
My lord Jesus never prayed through his mother. My people pray to God via Jesus only. Any other means is counterfeit, I have never read about Mary been the Mother of God in the bible. Please always argue from the bible.

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
fedimol: Dinosaurs and a lot of other stuff aren't in the bible. Does that mean they aren't real?

No, it doesn't. Why bring in dinosaurs? Are they in anyway relevant to this??
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by hassanfulani(m): 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
This is completely a piece of crap coming from a Lunatic, lies and false doctrine from the pit of hell. Roman Catholics have lost their senses of reasoning, always placing the cart before the Horse.
Idolatry of the highest order, and much are deceived.
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
hassan fulani: This is completely a piece of crap coming from a Lunatic, lies and false doctrine from the pit of hell. Roman Catholics have lost their senses of reasoning, always placing the cart before the Horse.
coming from the follower of a warlord pedophile? Naa o will pass
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
HapiNna: Secondly, Mary is not dead. She was taken up to heaven body and soul just like Elijah. Though this is not in the bible, it is the teaching of the Church.
Yeah right! undecidedTeaching of which church? I've never heard of that cos it ain't true
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Archilouis(m): 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
queenpoker2: Mary my dearest mother pls continue 2 intercede 4 us ur children now n 4ever. Amen. Glory 2 Jesus, Honour 2 Mary...

Glory is defined as a state of high Honour. In other words, you have said: High Honour to Jesus & Honour to Mary.

It may seem fair not to assume christianity as one. Things seem to get complicated, if we try to reach the Supreme Almighty God (whom have accepted us with love as a Father) via a number of channels.

A verse in the holy bible clearly states Jesus as the One mediator btw God & man". Also, as the Only way to the Father".
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Richieboyn: 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
chims9:

u basically quoted the catechism. Wtf is it anyway? Bible doesnt say use catechism or any other book as a guide. Can u show me a passage in the bible that says honor mary?

2Thessalonians 2:15 and 2Timothy 3:16 will give yu a clear understanding why we hold on fast to the TRADITIONS of the church. It is better yu shut up when ur nt sure of smtn dan to spew rubbish publicly.
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by farem: 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
Satan ASSUMPTION that what was/is never divine [Tradition of men] should wear the toga of divinity.
That one demon [erroneously sold to them] called Mary is past and parcel of God-head. More of these saints [that different demons have taken up their names in the heavenly] are still being worship along with this 'mary'.
This is in satanic defiance to Exodus 20 second commandment- NO GRAVEN-IMAGE FOR MAN, OF ANYTIM ANYTHING FITSER EITHER IN HEAVEN ABOVE, ON THE EARTH OR IN THE WATER BELOW- WE MUST NOT BOW DOWN TO THEM NOR SERVE THEM. ... I AM A JEALOUS GOD.
I never can understand why people go about necking and erecting images of demons
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
farem: Satan ASSUMPTION that what was/is never divine [Tradition of men] should wear the toga of divinity.
That one demon [erroneously sold to them] called Mary is past and parcel of God-head. More of these saints [that different demons have taken up their names in the heavenly] are still being worship along with this 'mary'.
This is in satanic defiance to Exodus 20 second commandment- NO GRAVEN-IMAGE FOR MAN, OF ANYTIM ANYTHING FITSER EITHER IN HEAVEN ABOVE, ON THE EARTH OR IN THE WATER BELOW- WE MUST NOT BOW DOWN TO THEM NOR SERVE THEM. ... I AM A JEALOUS GOD.
I never can understand why people go about necking and erecting images of demons
Do u even read and understand yourself? So the mother of God is a demon?
Your mum is the demon, she's also a stinking prostitute

1 Like

Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by Richieboyn: 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
hassan fulani: This is completely a piece of crap coming from a Lunatic, lies and false doctrine from the pit of hell. Roman Catholics have lost their senses of reasoning, always placing the cart before the Horse.

mumu
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by hardeihorlar(f): 2:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
ochongonoko:

We don't pray to our pastors, and adeboye that prays is alive not Mary that's dead.
So adeboye dat is still alive nd is still sinning should pray 4 you while Mary who is in heaven and has found favour with God and is closer to God should not pray for you? Wise up b4 it's too late
Re: What Is Assumption Of Mary by try69: 2:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
You want to see everything in the bible and you don't even know how the bible was compiled and which books were omitted from later editions?

You don't want me to put a picture of the mother of christ in my house but you have your late fathers picture in your bedroom and even do remembrance for him?

You don't want me to give honour to the woman that bore the baby jesus but you don't joke with your mother?

You don't want me to bow down b4 a statue but you bow down when your pastor prays for you?

You don't want me to ask the BVM to interceed for me but you do go to your pastors for prayers?

You don't know the initial language the bible was written in and how it was translated and you judge the word "brother" literally?

I can go on..but hey I don't give a damn what you believe but just mind your bussiness as I do mine.

I will continue to love, honour and ask for the intercesion of the BV.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? / Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.