Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,730 members, 7,955,768 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:39 PM

Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed (40438 Views)

Cameroon’s President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
Read this and you'll get knowledge http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novus_ordo_seclorum
Tinyemeka:

Then you should also know that their currency bears the inscription 'Novo ordo seculorum'. Find out what that means. And I don't mean its translation.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by FarmTech(m): 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2013
There seem to be a lot of anti christ here.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Lordlexy: 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
@HOLY HOLLA. Bro, that pagan doesnot worth your responses. There's no point debating with a blood sucking cultist like him. My mum use to tell me how she lost many of her sibling cos grand pa was an idol worshipper. How little disobedient to whatever nonsense deity, will result to murder, and how they became so impoverish as a result of series of animal sacrifices to constantly appease the demons and lucifer called 'gods' which cost them quite a fortune, not to talk about the trauma they went through. Thank God for CHRIST JESUS AND HIS BLOOD that has permanently rescued us such slavery and misfortune.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by ogaju007(m): 6:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
Lordlexy: @HOLY HOLLA. Bro, that pagan doesnot worth your responses. There's no point debating with a blood sucking cultist like him. My mum use to tell me how she lost many of her sibling cos grand pa was an idol worshipper. How little disobedient to whatever nonsense deity, will result to murder, and how they became so impoverish as a result of series of animal sacrifices to constantly appease the demons and lucifer called 'gods' which cost them quite a fortune, not to talk about the trauma they went through. Thank God for CHRIST JESUS AND HIS BLOOD that has permanently rescued us such slavery and misfortune.

Lack of education allows us to blame everything on a deity or miracle... when her siblings died, did they carry out autopsy? majority of Nigerians are educated illiterates .

1 Like

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Infomizer(m): 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
jammyng: For your info, westerners are more religious, I repeat more religious (not fanatical) than africans. I bet you don't know that the key statement of the US is 'in God we trust'

I think we are much more religious than the westerners. Maybe not as religious as the orients, but definitely more religious than 'em.
My take on the religion thingy is this: religion does not seem to be the solution to our problem. Well, it may be part of the solution if reasoning is allowed and bigotry is disallowed. Why will this country remain in shambles if millions of prayers are offered to the deity everyday (and much more on fridays and sundays)? Beats me folks!
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Samunique(m): 7:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
HolyHolla:

The three main points you made are disagreeable.

If you advocate banning of all religion, I'll equally add that we ban all forms of individual reasoning, then we can turn everyone into zombies.

You are very wrong about China too. They are a religious society with various religious groups, particularly oriental religions and including Christians. Though, during the heat of the Revolution, Christian groups were proscribed except for state sanctioned Christian religion, Catholicism, Chinese government have now seen wisdom in allowing more flexibilty. Yet, it is a more glorious time for Chinese economy than during the Revolution.

Even if there is no religion in Nigeria, our leaders will still "have been stealing us blind" (sic) as long as we remain corrupt, selfish, materialistic, tribalistic and hero-worshipping.

Consider this:
Great Britain and other western countries prospered under Christian forms of life, laws and style of living, but now, as they dismantle their values, their societies are being corrupted and the economies are collapsing. Note also that it was Christian pilgrims and adventurers that founded and built the U.S., which also is now collapsing after devaluing their Christian principles.

I submit that it's not the problem of religion; it's our African psyche we need to change.
I totally agree with u.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by onila(f): 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2013
his just angry Nigerian churches have taken over his country
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Samunique(m): 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
I'm very suprised, when i see people condeming and agitating d baning of Church in Nigeria! Why are we so ungrateful and forgetful? Now let me remind u, av u forgot that christianity brought an end to d killing of Twins, human sacrifice? Don't u remember any more that some of us would have died illitrates if not for christianity and d church? I was a muslim but attended missionary school, christianity has done alot for us in nigeria, although, it may be having its own issues now as rightly predicted by d scripture, that doesn't mean we shld destroy it as the West are doing now, destroying d work their forefathers laboured and died for. Now we can see d negative effects it's having on them today! Ps 16:4 "Their sorrows shall be multplied that hasten after another god" let me say this, "what Jehovah has done no one can undo!

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by joeokri: 7:59pm On Aug 16, 2013
D president is trying to logically make d country an islamic country. He has shown to world that he faked his story by saying a winners pastor did deliverance and to make it worse on sunday. In fact God will soon show him self in this.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by adediamond07(m): 9:01pm On Aug 16, 2013
joeokri: D president is trying to logically make d country an islamic country. He has shown to world that he faked his story by saying a winners pastor did deliverance and to make it worse on sunday. In fact God will soon show him self in this.
You talk logic like you understand it
Can you list the name of the Cameroun National executives and their religion.
Learn how to disagree with considered-wrong motives. shocked shocked
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by ogaju007(m): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
Samunique: I'm very suprised, when i see people condeming and agitating d baning of Church in Nigeria! Why are we so ungrateful and forgetful? Now let me remind u, av u forgot that christianity brought an end to d killing of Twins, human sacrifice? Don't u remember any more that some of us would have died illitrates if not for christianity and d church? I was a muslim but attended missionary school, christianity has done alot for us in nigeria, although, it may be having its own issues now as rightly predicted by d scripture, that doesn't mean we shld destroy it as the West are doing now, destroying d work their forefathers laboured and died for. Now we can see d negative effects it's having on them today! Ps 16:4 "Their sorrows shall be multplied that hasten after another god" let me say this, "what Jehovah has done no one can undo!

that was true xtianity not the business model people run these days.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by robo247(m): 12:25am On Aug 17, 2013
Originakalokalo: Go and tell ahab that elijah is here ministry?

Jesus of God ministry?
Hmmmm.

Efrybody wan chop.

Next, we go hear

we collect only tithe and offering here ministry

and

dont bother about living a holy life ministry.

And finally

wear anything you like ministry.

Economy downturn tins.

Guy u r funny. U get mouth i beg. Haba! Laugh wan kill me die.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 17, 2013
Good news.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 17, 2013
Dreal1247: MARK MY WORDS, THAT PRESIDENT'S DAYS ARE NUMBERED. President since 1982. He has overstayed his welcome. I HEREBY DECLARE HIS SEAT VACANT. Like if you are in support.
Taah! shut-up! infact i declare him live President for making the most intriguing observations with follow up steps to curb these proliferating menace in African web
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by HolyHolla(m): 3:40am On Aug 17, 2013
Lordlexy: @HOLY HOLLA. Bro, that pagan doesnot worth your responses. There's no point debating with a blood sucking cultist like him. My mum use to tell me how she lost many of her sibling cos grand pa was an idol worshipper. How little disobedient to whatever nonsense deity, will result to murder, and how they became so impoverish as a result of series of animal sacrifices to constantly appease the demons and lucifer called 'gods' which cost them quite a fortune, not to talk about the trauma they went through. Thank God for CHRIST JESUS AND HIS BLOOD that has permanently rescued us such slavery and misfortune.

Thanks so much for that contribution.

Sir, everyone is worth a loving, kind and honest response. It's left for them to listen. Jesus made the sacrifice for all of us and took bashings and insults just as we too take on Nairaland and still remain on focus and refuse to bite back.

I could have been a pagan too, if I decided to look at my surroundings only and have not witnessed the power of God in action. I was a member of many pagan oriented groups in my school days too, until I had a rethink and discovered the Source of Life. We need to educate each other and I can tell you, I do learn a new thing or two from even the negative comments too.

Your submission goes on to buttress the need to fizzle out the bad aspects of culture and embrace more benefitial aspects in other cultures. Isn't that what we also do when we embrace western science and technology?
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by HolyHolla(m): 3:46am On Aug 17, 2013
ogaju007:

that was true xtianity not the business model people run these days.

Then, instead of asking for a proscription of Christianity, let's advocate for a return to the fundamentals of the true principles Christianity, relief from the shackles of charlattan ministers and full dependence on God and not on any man.

The major problem with Christianity in Africa also exist in all spheres of African life and that is making gods out of our perceived leaders. The same problem exists in our socio-political and economic lives. We worship our mentors for material, mental and spiritual favors. You can see a comment here that says Biya should be live (sic) president. Why practice democracy then? Even if he is doing well today, what of if he changes tomorrow to be bad? How do you then undo the life presidency? See why we are in shackles? The problem is the African psyche, not religion.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by HolyHolla(m): 4:19am On Aug 17, 2013
Infomizer:
I think we are much more religious than the westerners. Maybe not as religious as the orients, but definitely more religious than 'em.
My take on the religion thingy is this: religion does not seem to be the solution to our problem. Well, it may be part of the solution if reasoning is allowed and bigotry is disallowed. Why will this country remain in shambles if millions of prayers are offered to the deity everyday (and much more on fridays and sundays)? Beats me folks!

I like your reasoning. It is right to question religion and the Christian faith too with an open mind. Quoting you, "religion does not seem to be the solution to our problem." Yes, I agree with that. Merely substituting religion for reason only leads to failure and that is what we are presently witnessing.

(Quoting you again) "Why will this country remain in shambles if millions of prayers are offered to the deity everyday (and much more on fridays and sundays)? Beats me folks!". The nation will remain in shambles if all we practice is reason or mere religion.

The new Age of Reason developing in the western societies is not helping their issues. There are more dastardly crimes because people are told not to believe in deity or after life, the fear of which kept many under control in the past. That is what reason does to a decadent society.

On the other hand too, religion without true practice of faith only leads to people believing that they are safe, as long as they attach themselves to a religious group. That is what fosters the cultism in all religions nowadays. Of course, even if you proclaim Christianity, but you believe more in your group than in your God and His true principles, you are just practicing cultism!!!

Let me give you an example: Remember a group of Christians in Lagos whose pastor poured petrol on some members and lit them up? The members are still existing as a church and supporting their pastor who's now on death row, and who has shown no form of remorse or repentance over his actions. That is NOT Christianity, but cultism.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by isaiahethan: 4:34am On Aug 17, 2013
The president could be the anti Christ let's watch out. grin
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by kolamilan(m): 6:48am On Aug 17, 2013
nice move.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by nwadaigbo: 7:39am On Aug 17, 2013
Lovine: John 16: 2 They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God.

Catholic Church is behind all these,each day they are losing members as they can't attend to the spiritual problem of their members they resort to Biya, what about the secret societies, marabouts, etc? In the dark ages they did they the same, no one will read Bible if found you will be killed. As much as I know that many fake churches are everywhere, true Christians should not be afraid, Bible said ' With much persecution we shall inherit the kingdom. Biya has signed his death warrant and soonest he will be history.
so foolish. Money peddling organisation called pentecostal, house of deceit and fraud, confusion enclave. Leave catholic mission out of ur mischief. Catholic church frst made u a xtian bf u beacame a conman.it brought u education, hospitals, put an end to killing of twins. what hav ur Con men organisation brought to nigeria; 419, get rich quick, prostitution, deceit, untimely death to gullible minds whom u tell not to seek medicare. Any one in pentecostal is a mediocre and gullible
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by digospel2: 8:29am On Aug 17, 2013
Thus saith the LORD, "I will built my Church and the gate of hell shall not prevail". If Biya represent the gate of hell, surely he will not prevail.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Infomizer(m): 9:13am On Aug 17, 2013
HolyHolla:
Merely substituting religion for reason only leads to failure and that is what we are presently witnessing.

The nation will remain in shambles if all we practice is reason or mere religion.

The new Age of Reason developing in the western societies is not helping their issues. There are more dastardly crimes because people are told not to believe in deity or after life, the fear of which kept many under control in the past. That is what reason does to a decadent society.

On the other hand too, religion without true practice of faith only leads to people believing that they are safe, as long as they attach themselves to a religious group. That is what fosters the cultism in all religions nowadays. Of course, even if you proclaim Christianity, but you believe more in your group than in your God and His true principles, you are just practicing cultism!!!

Let me give you an example: Remember a group of Christians in Lagos whose pastor poured petrol on some members and lit them up? The members are still existing as a church and supporting their pastor who's now on death row, and who has shown no form of remorse or repentance over his actions. That is NOT Christianity, but cultism.
Well argued. What we both propose is impossible in our present society. Both in the more religious (roman catholic dominance) and not religious (communist era) past, society has failed. Reasoning works well in an ideal society but since we don't av dat, I den mentiond dat religion may be part of d solution provided folks abhor bigotry and tolerate reasoning(logic). Humans have the predilection to resort to an atavistic savagery & that may explain why there's always a judas in every 12.To me, this is why society fails, not because of reasoning as you opine.Let the believer respect/tolerate the unbeliever & vice versa & let both parties shatter the practice of impunity. This should work, but it won't since it is not possible given our nature.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Amadaz(m): 9:39am On Aug 17, 2013
A good number of Nlander have said it all... I believe in the holy catholic church, the forgiveness of sin, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting... Roger that!!!
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Amadaz(m): 9:43am On Aug 17, 2013
tongue ndi pentiko.... Ntoooo!!!
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by diarra94(m): 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2013
commendable stride. wish this was done in all african countries. honestly religion limits possibilities. which nigerian here can tell me what religion has actually helped us achieve for centuries? absolutely nothing. its high time we do the right thing.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by aparata: 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2013
Judas2013: Jesus is a curse to Nigeria
@judas2013, U̶̲̥̅̊ ve only 3days to repent and accept jesus and U̶̲̥̅̊ have to preach d gospel ur self U̶̲̥̅̊ will suffer more than paul did for d sake of d gospel, U̶̲̥̅̊ wil ve to proclaim same jesus ur cursing,no joke 3 days 3days 3days ur tym is running out fast 3days I tell U̶̲̥̅̊ .
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by HolyHolla(m): 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
Infomizer:
Well argued. What we both propose is impossible in our present society. Both in the more religious (roman catholic dominance) and not religious (communist era) past, society has failed. Reasoning works well in an ideal society but since we don't av dat, I den mentiond dat religion may be part of d solution provided folks abhor bigotry and tolerate reasoning(logic). Humans have the predilection to resort to an atavistic savagery & that may explain why there's always a judas in every 12.To me, this is why society fails, not because of reasoning as you opine.Let the believer respect/tolerate the unbeliever & vice versa & let both parties shatter the practice of impunity. This should work, but it won't since it is not possible given our nature.

I have nothing aganst your opinion. I was only trying to tell us that nothing ultimately works without doing it right. Even reason has failed 'modernized' societies as we can see in the imbroglio besetting western societies currently, so I will rather we practice our faith right.

If the believer refuses to tolerate reason, what can he do? The world is presently ruled by people who believe in reason and not necessarily religous people. That is why Pres. Biya can overrule and ban some religious organizations with impunity. Let the religious people too get their acts together. Give to Caesar what is his and to God, what is His.

This, I believe is your conclusion too.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by solomon111(m): 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2013
ZUBY77:

Any country that gives 24 hour electricity is better than you.

Life is light.
Niger-republic and cameroun don't have 24 hr electricity, and both countries are shitt-holes when compared to Nigeria.
Southafrica,botswana and a few North african countries are the only countries with 24hr electricity in africa.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Shadowblaqq(m): 5:56am On Sep 13, 2013
bokohalal: Sensible government. Great Africans.
such things should be done in naija.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by oaroloye(m): 4:18am On Dec 18, 2016
True Healings manifest within the Hour.

If one has to pretend to be Healed, what is the point?

True Healers should be licensed by the Government, and Failed Healers proscribed.

The Followers themselves should apply commonsense, and remove all support from Ministers who do not have the Fruits they claim, and support only those who do, BEFORE THEIR GOVERNMENTS ARE FORCED TO STEP IN.

This cannot be equated with "PERSECUTION."

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tony Nwulu Gifts Lexus SUV To Prophetess Mummy Apo (Photos) / Sika Bofo Opens Money Ritual Church In Ghana, Jesus Favour Chapel International / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.