Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Faroukgate: Show Us The Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Faroukgate: Show Us The Money (1234 Views)

#dasukigate: Falae Calls Bode George To Discuss The Money Received / Dasukigate:when Is President Buhari Returning His Own Share Of The Money? / Struggling For The Money At My Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Faroukgate: Show Us The Money by mrikay: 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
The time was 6:30 am when Farouk Lawmani woke up. He immediately reached for his reading glasses and book from the small table next to his bed. Farouk had been trying to read that book for 2 weeks but he had been too busy to read beyond the first chapter. The title was: How to Succeed as a Corrupt Government Official.

Farouk opened to chapter 2: Leave no Trace of Your Theft! He smiled; this would be very interesting. He started to read.

But then his phone rang. Farouk Lawman looked up at the clock on the wall and became angry. 'Who could be calling me by 6:33 in the morning?' He wondered. He then picked up the phone and checked the caller I.D. 'Abdullahi?!' Farouk said, getting even angrier. 'How can this man call me so early in the morning?'

Farouk put down the phone and directed his attention once more to his book. He smiled again as he read. But the phone rang a second time.

'Abdullahi! Why do you disturb me so early! I will send you the money to pay Bashirs school fees! The boy is my nephew for gods sake!' Farouk barked into the phone.

'Haba Farouk. I am not calling about that. I just wanted to know if it is true, and whether you need any help.' Abdullahi answered.

'Help? What are you talking about?'

'What they are announcing all over the radio. They say you stole money. Big money!'

'Let... Hold on... Let me call you back.' Farouk stammered.

Farouk almost ran to the radio on the table. He switched it on. 'Breaking news! We have received a report that Chairman of the House Commitee on Fuel Subsidy Probe, Honourable Farouk Lawman is wanted by the police for collecting $650,000 in bribes from an oil marketer. The act is said to have been caught on camera!'

'Jesus Christ!' Farouk Lawman exclaimed. He switched off the radio and started pacing up and down the room. 'Caught on camera. Caught on camera? Caught on camera! Jesus Christ!!'

He tried to think of what to do but his phone started ringing again.

'Good morning Hon. Awura,' Farouk said.

'$650,000!!' Hon. Mustafa Awura screamed.

'Hon. Awura please help me call for an emergency me-'

'You have been collecting money and choping alone! $650,000 from only one man! How much have you collected from others? Where is my share?!' Awura shouted impatiently.

'Look Awura. This is not the time to-'

Farouk's phone started to beep. He checked the caller. It was his mistress Genevieve.

'I will have to call you back, Awura.' Farouk pressed a button. He was smiling. 'Genevieve my darling,' he said.

'Farouk! So you have $650,000 and you refused to give me 1 million Naira to buy that dress in Paris! 1 million Naira! Ordinary 1 million Naira!' She screamed.

'Genevieve! Now is not the time to -'

'Now is the time!' Genevieve interrupted, 'look! The queen of England wants that dress! Oprah Winfrey wants that dress. Do you want them to get it before me?!'

There was a knock on the door.

'Yes, come in,' Farouk said.

'Good morning Baba,' Aisha, Farouk's daughter said as she entered the room. 'There are some men at the gate. They say they must speak with you.'

'I will have to call you back,' Farouk spoke into the phone and then he flipped it shut. 'What men? Who are they?' He asked Aisha.

'They are dressed in black suits. Some of them are wearing dark shades.'

'Police! SSS! Farouk exclaimed . He started running around the room. 'Tell them I will be down to meet them now now.'

This is part 2. To read part 1 go here! https://www.nairaland.com/1395971/faroukgate-inside-story

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ikepius

@IkePius

Read My funny story on I.B.B & BOKO HARAM!
Go here: https://twitter.com/ikepius
Re: Faroukgate: Show Us The Money by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hahahahaha nice write-up. If only ur story were all fiction, d laughter would ve reached my eyes and heart but alas it isn't. Shame
Re: Faroukgate: Show Us The Money by mrikay: 9:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
Oko_AGB: Hahahahaha nice write-up. If only ur story were all fiction, d laughter would ve reached my eyes and heart but alas it isn't. Shame
thank you sir. Please share on facebook!

(1) (Reply)

Crisis In Mabushi Abuja Over Non Issuance Of Fcsc Forms / Jonathan To Governors: I Didn’t Promise One Term / Governor Godswill Akpabio Is All Progressives Congress(apc) Man Friday In PDP?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.