Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,233 members, 7,839,224 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

29 Repentant Militants Trained As Pilot To Attend Courses Abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 29 Repentant Militants Trained As Pilot To Attend Courses Abroad (869 Views)

Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke / Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members / 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

29 Repentant Militants Trained As Pilot To Attend Courses Abroad by Noraokon: 10:18am On Aug 16, 2013
29 repentant Niger Delta militants recently trained in aviation academies in South Africa as pilots are to be type-rated by German carrier, Lufthansa Airlines in Frankfurt, Germany, and CAE Aviation facility, Oxford, United Kingdom.

The ex-militants, trained under the platform of Presidential Amnesty Programme, PAP, would be type-rated in Boeing and Airbus aircraft, having acquired Private Pilot Licenses, PPL, and Commercial Pilot Licenses, CPL.

Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta and Chairman Presidential Amnesty Programme, Mr Kingsley Kuku, yesterday, in Lagos at a conference on oil theft and illegal oil bunkering in the Niger Delta, said officials of Lufthansa Airlines and CAE Aviation will be in the country next week to follow up on the development.

He expressed delight that the two aviation institutions accepted to give the pilots type-rating courses, and advised the pilots not to allow themselves to be carried away by the success recorded so far.

Kuku, who noted that more of the ex-militants were being trained in aircraft piloting in South Africa, Greece, Jordan and United Arab Emirates, also implored the pilots to re-double efforts and perform better than they did at the Afrika Union Aviation Academy and Flight Training Services in South Africa.

READ MORE: http://news.naij.com/43888.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=share-button&utm_campaign=facebook

Re: 29 Repentant Militants Trained As Pilot To Attend Courses Abroad by ajasbaba(m): 11:00am On Aug 16, 2013
very soon we will start training boko haram member in pakistan,afghanistan,iraq and syria in gun ...................

i no talk anything oh
Re: 29 Repentant Militants Trained As Pilot To Attend Courses Abroad by pafra(m): 11:35am On Aug 16, 2013
make them let dem no say plane no be flying boat o grin

1 Like

Re: 29 Repentant Militants Trained As Pilot To Attend Courses Abroad by bloggernaija: 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
Jonathan is building his 2015 airforce
Re: 29 Repentant Militants Trained As Pilot To Attend Courses Abroad by BlackPikiN(m): 3:10am On Aug 17, 2013
^^^How stupid can you not be?
Re: 29 Repentant Militants Trained As Pilot To Attend Courses Abroad by Brimmie(m): 3:24am On Aug 17, 2013
Dana Is Waiting To Recruit You Guys!! grin grin

Wabbish!!
Re: 29 Repentant Militants Trained As Pilot To Attend Courses Abroad by fastguy10: 3:56am On Aug 17, 2013
bloggernaija: Jonathan is building his 2015 airforce
U must be sily n stupid
Re: 29 Repentant Militants Trained As Pilot To Attend Courses Abroad by OPCNAIRALAND: 5:39am On Aug 17, 2013
Didnt America at one point label MEND a terrorist? Has that status been withdrawn?

I truly want to see if America will ever allow a terrorist, active or ex, to fly an aircraft over its sky. cool
Re: 29 Repentant Militants Trained As Pilot To Attend Courses Abroad by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 17, 2013
Where I come from, we value education so much in fact we've always been the best since 19th century. However in this 21st century, I found myself identifying with other people who are being FORCED , BEGGED , BRIBED , PAMPERED, PETTED AND PAID to get educated not really because they wanted an education but to keep them from committing crimes.

However, the simple truth is that most of them will show who they are and what they are made of when they get over there. We've seen it in Unilag, Cyprus , South Africa and every other places they are being sent to get an education !

2 Likes

Re: 29 Repentant Militants Trained As Pilot To Attend Courses Abroad by badmrkt(m): 6:56am On Aug 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Where I come from, we value education so much in fact we've always been the best since 19th century. However in this 21st century, I found myself identifying with other people who are being FORCED , BEGGED , BRIBED , PAMPERED, PETTED AND PAID to get educated not really because they wanted an education but to keep them from committing crimes.

However, the simple truth is that most of them will show who they are and what they are made of when they get over there. We've seen it in Unilag, Cyprus , South Africa and every other places they are being sent to get an education !
this your post does not in anyway potray you as being educated.or is it the same "we are most educated tribe in Nigeria" syndrome you are displaying here?

1 Like

Re: 29 Repentant Militants Trained As Pilot To Attend Courses Abroad by Goddex: 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
Excellent effort.
We need more of these

(1) (Reply)

Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? / Breaking News: Shootings At Abuja Legislative Quarters, 4 Dead, More Injured / Now I Know How They Plotted Against Me – Bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.