Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) (3378 Views)

Abbah Kyari Becomes The Youngest Assistant Commissioner Of Police In Nigeria / Imminent Shiites Vs Sunnis War In The Country - PHOTOS / Meet The Youngest Wife Of Alaafin Of Oyo, She’s Extremely Beautiful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by stephenduru: 9:32pm On Oct 11, 2015
She departed with a dream and returned home a record-breaker.

Inspired by the Tuskeegee Airmen, 15-year-old Kimberly Anyadike of Nigerian descent flew a single-engine Cessna cross-country from her hometown of Compton, Calif., to Newport News, Va.

Anyadike is thought to be the youngest female pilot to complete the journey, which took 13 days.

Anyadike learned to fly at age 12 through the Compton-based Tomorrow’s Aeronautical Museum, which offers aviation lessons in an after-school program for disadvantaged youths.It was their plane that she flew.

The brave teenager came up with the idea for the trip on her own, the museum’s founder, Robert Petgrave, said.

“I told her it was going to be a daunting task, but she just said, ‘Put it on. I got big shoulders,'” Petgrave said.

Along for the historic ride were an adult safety pilot and 87-year-old Levi Thornhill, one of the Tuskeegee Airmen during World War II.

“They left such a great legacy,” Anyadike said of the U.S. Army Air Corps’ all-black combat unit. “I had big shoes to fill. … All they wanted to do was to be patriots for this country. They were told no, that they were stupid, that they didn’t have cognitive development to fly planes. They didn’t listen. They just did what they wanted to do.”

About 50 Tuskeegee Airmen autographed the young pilot’s plane during her journey, the Times reported.

“I wanted to inspire other kids to really believe in themselves,” Anyadike said.

1 Like

Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by yanabasee(m): 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
Goodluck with the aeronautical thingy!
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by nikkiking(m): 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
Kudos sweetie kiss.

1 Like

Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by Behira(f): 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2015
Nice one
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by POWEROFPEACE(m): 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2015
That is good to know
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
"just came to confirm If She's biafran or niger deltan".

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by absoluteSuccess: 9:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
Kimberly baby,

She grace the cover page of readers digest with grace.
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by benega: 9:44pm On Oct 11, 2015
IGBO KWENU, Igbo's doing us prowd wherever they go

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by kendrick9(m): 9:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
Igbos taking over the world...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by kokoA(m): 9:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
yanabasee:
Goodluck with the aeronautical thingy!
wish her "best of luck" not "Goodluck" abeg. lipsrsealed
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by rawpadgin(m): 9:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
she must be the daughter of the elite

poor man pikin can only dream of this feat
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by kingdompropty: 9:48pm On Oct 11, 2015
Good one.
That is the spirit.
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by jamex93(m): 9:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
Goodluck to ha
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by LordMecuzy(m): 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2015
Igbo girls slaying it since 1900

1 Like

Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by osenge: 9:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
WHERE ARE THE ASSOCIATION OF NAME CHECKERS.
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by menix(m): 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
My sisters making us proud In their endeavors..

Ala Biafra will be filled wiv Best brains..

1 Like

Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by ShakurM(m): 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
LordMecuzy:
Igbo girls slaying it since 1900
Nigerian girls slaying it since 1900 smiley
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by CyberWolf: 10:04pm On Oct 11, 2015
Just came to check name and as usual,I wasn't disappointed. Proudly 5% cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by Vicadonis(m): 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
Cool. proudly 9ja
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by LordMecuzy(m): 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
ShakurM:
Nigerian girls slaying it since 1900 smiley

lol bros
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by yanabasee(m): 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
kokoA:
wish her "best of luck" not "Goodluck" abeg. lipsrsealed

What is the Difference between BEST OF LUCK and GOOD LUCK?
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
igbo people achieving what yorubas can only dream of....
proudly5%

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by doublewisdom: 10:32pm On Oct 11, 2015
Good one. Her age mates in yoro.bber land only know how to fly from one d1ck to the other.

2 Likes

Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by meccuno: 10:36pm On Oct 11, 2015
yanabasee:

What is the Difference between BEST OF LUCK and GOOD LUCK?
one is British and the other is ijaw.......
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by RedCard1(m): 10:36pm On Oct 11, 2015
She's not a drug or child trafficker like her tribe mates. That's good.

You go girl. Your strength will only grow stronger. Challenges will come but you'll overcome them. Remain brilliant

2 Likes

Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 11, 2015
Another biafran feat

1 Like

Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by Kasiem2: 10:54pm On Oct 11, 2015
God just revealed to me that this girl was created for me. Future wifey, thanks for making our future children proud
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by yanabasee(m): 10:58pm On Oct 11, 2015
meccuno:
one is British and the other is ijaw.......

Then, I'm familiar with that of ijaw...
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
doublewisdom:
Good one. Her age mates in yoro.bber land only know how to fly from one d1ck to the other.

chinekeee. see finishing of the ofee tribe..
Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by LastSurvivor: 11:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
Biafra!!
My mother land..
Congrats Ada anyi..

2 Likes

Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by LastSurvivor: 11:25pm On Oct 11, 2015
Biafra!!
My mother land..
Congrats Nne

1 Like

Re: 15-yr Old Nigerian Girl Becomes The Youngest Pilot To Fly Cross-country(photos) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
the other side no go like the name

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diezani Finally Talked With Me Today!! I Was Going Mad Already / Thread Is Now Closed. / Throwback Pictures Of H.E. Nyesom Wike And Rotimi Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.