Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone (32292 Views)

8 Perks Of Living Alone / Advantages/disadvantages Of Being A Nigerian Man/Nigerian Woman / Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by sirgreen: 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
Mobsync: 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD.

(1). You don't become lonely
When you have a roommate you always someone to talk to and hang around with. You rarely get that funny feeling that makes it seem you've been placed under some sort of house arrest or holed up in a fortress.

(2). You get to split bills, chores and tasks
Rather than living alone in an uncomfortable abode because you can't afford to pay for something better; with a roommate, you get to live in a better environment and simply split the rent. You also get someone to share the house chores and tasks like with.

(3). You have someone to call for help and support.
You're going for an early morning interview and have no transport fare; you need to purchase some important stuffs and you've got no money; you're coming home late and need a hot place of food on your table as soon as you get home and what else? A roommate's the best bet.

(4). You could make a very good friend and build a lifetime relationship.
Beat it! Top executives, multimillionaires and all other "ogas at the top" today probably had a roommate at one time or the other in their lives. And if you were a "good" roommmate during the period of habitation, I don't think they would think twice before repaying you.

(5). There's someone around in case of emergencies
Imagine you slipped in the bathroom and fell into coma or you get knocked down by a heavy bout of malaria or fainted after falling dizzy; fact is, there's a higher possibility of you getting help when you have a roommmate as compared to when you don't.

5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T.

(1). You lose your privacy
You can't sleep naked, you can't spend a full hour in the bathroom, you can't sing with your coarse voice in the bedroom, you can't watch indecency, masturbate and freely do all other wierd stuffs you love doing. Fact is, your privacy becomes lost the moment touch begin to cohabit with someone else.

(2). Your roommate could be pretty annoying and have downright disgusting manners.
Have you ever found yourself in a situation whereby you get to leave your bottle of perfume in a certain position whenever you're leaving the house? Or you have to hide your wallet in totally absurd places? Or put a very small piece of paper in your milk's tin lid? Or have to hide your towel in your luggage all because some self acclaimed roommmate's doesn't know that some things are not meant to be shared? Or you've ever lived with someone who spits on the bedroom floor, urinates in the kitchen sink and uses the toilet without flushing? Well, if you haven't, it's only a matter of time- except you live alone.

(3). Your roommmate's might gossip, backbite and tell people private things about you
You bedwet, wear an underwear for a month, bathe once a week and brush your teeth only on Tuesday mornings? You really ought to be careful if you've got a roommmate, especially if the roommmate's a female shocked (no offence meant) cool. Your roomie could tell people all these and even feign lies all in a bid to keep a conversion with a third party going or simply because he/she's damned irritated.

(4). You could be made to pay for your roommmate's crimes
I once lived with a guy who stole a mobile phone from a fellow housemate only to abscond when things went awry. At the end of the day, I almost got arrested if not for the simple fact that I stood my grounds. But for the keeps, others have suffered police detentions, jailterms or even death for crimes committed by their roommmates.

(5). Your roommmate might become dependent on you.
When you live with some people, you might suddenly find yourself footing all bills, funding all meals, purchasing all items and carrying out all basic house chores that you begin to start wondering why you aren't even living alone in the first place. It's either your roommmate lives WITH you or lives ON you. If he/she lives with you, fine; but if he/she's lives on you, RUN.

SOURCE: me

guy I LIKE UR POST, But staying alone can be worrisome it will make you do thing that since right only in ur eyes but b/4 GOD are sin. For a guy is ok but for lady is not good at all
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Caracta(f): 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
idnoble135: @Caracta, contract even if you both are friends?

Maybe...just maybe. I don't like wahala.

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by BNLR(m): 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
I wonder why some write up make a front page, but i realise it could be so informative and realistic.

Living alone sometimes shows the level of maturity and independence/ confident.

While living with someone else may be lack of financial ability or fear.

I had live alone and also live with someone at a particular period of my life, but i tell you. NOTHING LIKE PRIVACY. You got no worries

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by ghettodreamz(m): 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
Living with others comes with a high level of maturity without which comes misunderstanding, quarrel, malice and subsequently leads to hatred and the end result is parting. Sometimes, living with others could be worse to the extent that best friends might end up being enemies, the core dependent factors are maturity, tolerance and understanding each other for a peaceful coexistence.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
sirgreen: guy I LIKE UR POST, But staying alone can be worrisome it will make you do things that seem right only in ur eyes but b/4 GOD is sin. For a guy it's ok but for a lady, not good at all
hahaha, there's a particular lady on our street who has a very good job, but lives like a call-girl, or very friendly girl, because of the different married guys always paying her visits.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Youngzedd(m): 3:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
Fabulous36: You never see where roommate dey kill fellow room mate? Its a 50/50 thing jare. God help us

That is what afraid of, someone using me as ATM machine.

If you no get, get out of my way.

I no wan fall mugu.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by honeeyplum(f): 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
I live alone n am not liking it but the thought of getting a flatmate I don't get along with is scarier.

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by ghettodreamz(m): 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
Caracta:

Maybe...just maybe. I don't like wahala.

Which kain contract

Major thing na maturity.. If your both matured people, believe me in you, there won't be much issues to worry about.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by joeace2020(m): 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
i live with a roomate n hes d churchy type and am not rili into d church tin... brings home some of his church people and its rilli annoying... but outsyd dat hes fun and tolerant of my excesses
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by ignis: 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2013
da-gentility:
As a girl,i wil say many disadvantages are involved. Shikena.
Even as a guy, so many disadvantages are also involved.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Emmasonic4me: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
Living alone is the best no matter what. Privacy is everythn n makes u think like a man.
Wen u live with sm1 dia is a probability of d person comparing himself with u esp in terms of who makes money nd hv investments more than the other, he listens to ur phone conversations and virtually knws all u do,there is this problm of who contributes wht to feeding, who enters the kitchen, complains u hv bigger appetite n as such shld contribute more, you r alwys careful with words so u dnt offend d other,when u wnt to hv quiet time n do some reflection may be when he feels like playing loud music, ur favourite tv channel and interests will most likely differ from his, etc
These are so so annoying n will eventually lead to conflict or u two becoming strange bedfellows. In summary, living alone is the best!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by edwonderz(m): 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
The Health Consequences of Loneliness....
Loneliness has a wide range of negative effects on
both physical and mental health. Some of the the
health risks associated with loneliness include:

1. Depression and suicide
2. Cardiovascular disease and stroke
3. Increased stress levels
4. Decreased memory and learning
5. Antisocial behavior
6. Poor decision-making
7. Alcoholism and drug abuse
8. The progression of Alzheimer's disease.

Living alone could be dangerous...you know! Meanwhile watch my video below.

This is an awesome music
Music video produced to entertain, motivate and thrill
your mind, it's full of stunts! watch it..... http://­
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fjSDCrAVvLM&g
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by edwonderz(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
nice 1. I could remember 3years ago when I lived with K.C ())) its fun!
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by dedollarman(m): 4:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
from my observation if u are a stdent living in a hostle or public house u may feel its the best because u already have neigbours arround u cool but from my experience i built a two bedroom flat but still single honestly i don,t enjoy it its boldsom previously i was acommodating a man due his married but his wife and childrens are at village during my stay with him i feel good but now he has gone back to his family so am all alone not feeling good about it but hoping to be with my life partner
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by tomzman: 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
Amaaskia: Nice one.
I enjoy leaving alone, I usually have friends over a lot, but I love my privacy-I can't joke with that.
You can't joke with your privacy? Won't you get married one day?

Nice one Op. The truth is having roomates is a test of tolerance, patience and maturity. I have lived with different kinds of people from different tribes and religions and one major thing I've learnt over the years is tolerance, one has to have lots of it!
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by explorer1906: 4:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
I enjoy living alone, even if I mistakenly flush myself inside a toilet bowl, I won't mind.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
My experience during my first year in the university fully prove that having roommate is like calling on disturbance....disagreement and hot trouble on your head. I cant go back again.....I GOOD DOING THINGS MY OWN WAY AND ONLY IN MY WAY. I enjoy been alone.....thanks Op
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by coolest01(m): 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
Amaaskia: Nice one.
I enjoy leaving alone, I usually have friends over a lot, but I love my privacy-I can't joke with that.
care to tell me wat u do to enjoy ur privacy? **winks**
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by coolest01(m): 4:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
4reigningqueen: i lived alone in school and i enjoyed it but one disadvantage to me was that someone had the key to my room and always coming in while am away to steal my things.up till today,i still do not know the person.
For God's sakes, change the key to ur room
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by chikeorji123(m): 4:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
As man above 30plus it's too risky living alone..Once my relation comes around l feel more lifely than as they all gone to school....
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by elrony(m): 5:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
I love my roomie ...she's way too awesome!!!..

Team#respekt #no_hassle #no_beef #bff #awesome!! grin
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by wildestanna: 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2013
For me leaving alone is d best!
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Blazinraj01(f): 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
Wu Zetian: As far as I'm concerned, there is no disadvantages in living alone.

In fact, when and if I get married, I do not mind living in a separate house from my husband

Just the thought of living with someone, every single day.... *shudders*
You will like a long distance relationship then.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by edwonderz(m): 5:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
I like solitude although it could be dangerous. Meanwhile, I can live peacefully with any type of person but not every type of person can live with me peacefully.
I am Edward Wonder........
Watch my video below.
I like his adventurous mind......

This is an adventurous music video full of stunts it's exceptional & base on true life story... You will never regret watching it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjSDCrAVvLM&hl=en-GB&client=mv-rim&gl=GB&guid=
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Luckygurl(f): 6:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
hardbody:

Your friend is not having malaria because he is living alone, he is having malaria because he has not taken care to take preventive steps. Living with people is the worst mistake anyone could ever make (to my mind). The problems and hassles are too numerous to mention. I will rather stay alone and have malaria and traet it than take in a room mate and suffer silently for several other issues that i can do nothing about once the guy has moved in.
Now dn't get me wrong. I never meant living alone caused d malaria but it would have been better if someone was there.

Having roomates could be a headache on it's own. Atleast I stay in d school hostel and I think I know what it feels like but the thought of staying alone scares the hell out of me. Maybe with time I'll adjust so I'd enjoy this phase while it lasts.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by namis007: 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
I had the worst 18months of my life with my roomates, very lazy,dirty,loud. I couldnt wait to leave. I live alone now, I can't trade it wit anything. I enjoy ME time and I can actually hear myself think.

2 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Tedpgrass: 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
Lucky gurl: This reminds me of a male friend of mine who's having severe malaria and no one is there with him. I wonder how he copes. Some people are trying anyway.
Using this medium to wish him speedy recovery.

That's not a good reason to get unwanted, needy, possibly dirty housemates.....
Simply alert ur friends via t.e.l.e.p.h.o.n.e..... to keep an eye on you.

To the op..... living alone is fab.... In solitude,connect to The Maker, get inspiration, hone ur skills in ur spare time not dealing with d.r.a.m.a!!!

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by babanne(m): 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
So so on point
Both ways, in naija u are very correct.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by chucky234(m): 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ishilove: I currently live alone and I am loving every bit of it. I enjoy solitude.You get to walk around butt naked, pray whenever and as loud as you want, talk and laugh with yourself and not be worried if someone is wondering if you're going nuts, do anything you want, when you want it. When I get visitors, they are welcome for just an hour or thereabout before I start itching to kick their intruding asss out the window. You have to be really really really special for you to stay with me for more than a few hours at the most and still be welcome. wink

If I'm ill, sweet Mama and Pappy are a phone call away, so no problemo grin
Ishioma nwa onye Abbi, make I park com follow you stay na.

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by pappyrose(f): 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
caesaraba: I'm all for staying alone. ........except that roommate is my wife.
Yes o, xcept he's my husband. Lo ba tan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Whats That One Thing(s) You Wish You Knew Earlier. / What Did You Spend Your Weekend Doing? / 25 Of The Most Creative Sculptures And Statues From Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.