Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,303 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot (2510 Views)

Why South-east Lost Senate Presidency - Okorocha / 2015: Buhari, Tambuwal Divide APC / APC: Tambuwal For President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by chi3280(m): 9:30am On Aug 27, 2013
Baring any last minutes political recalculation,
the Speaker, House of Representatives, Alhaji
Aminu Tambuwal and General Muhammadu
Buhari will slog it out at the Presidential
primaries of the All Progressive Congress, APC,
ahead of the 2015 Presidential elections.
APC leaders are reportedly considering zoning
the Presidency to the Northwest and mulling
zoning the running mate to the South East. The
Chairmanship of the party might be zoned to
the Southwest, Pointblanknews.com has been
reliably informed.
Immediate past Governor of Kano State,
Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau is also in the race
but will face a stiff opposition from the camp
of General Muhammadu Buhari. The duo of
Mallam El Rufai and Nuhu Ribadu lost out of
consideration because they are said to have no
solid political structure to withstand the
Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State,
whose party, the All Progressive grand Alliance,
APGA, is still controversially linked with APC, is
being considered for the Vice Presidency slot, a
reliable source knowledgeable with the thinking
and calculation of the emerging opposition
party, told Pointblanknews.com.
Okorocha is being considered for the VP slot to
entice and compensate the South East voters.
The Imo State Governor has already assured
the leadership of APC of his ability to deliver
the South East to the party in 2015.
Senator Ahmed Bola Tinubu who is expected to
supply the war chest for the 2015 elections is
eyeing the Senate Presidency and he is
expected to take over the seat currently being
occupied by his wife, Senator Oluremi Tinubu,
a source told Pointblanknews.com in Lagos.
Tinubu, a very wealthy politician and former
Lagos State Governor who is noted for funding
most of the election of members of the Action
Congress of Nigeria, ACN, has also promised to
provide the funding for APC, a source said.
The source hinted that overtures made by
senior members of the APC to stop General
Mohammed Buhari from running for the
Presidency failed. The retired General who has
contested and failed in three Presidential
elections, a source said, insisted on testing his
acceptability once again in 2015. He will be 73
in 2015.
General Buhari at a recent interview said he
could still contest the Presidential elections in
2015 if called upon to do so by members of the
APC.
“Since I am in the new party as a member, if
after consultations they included me among
their aspirants, I will not reject their offer. This
is what I want people to know. I want people to
be patient with what we are doing now. They
should allow the merger to succeed first. I am
sure the new party leaders will know those that
are relevant and saleable to Nigerians
electorate,” he said.
Although Speaker Tambuwal is of the PDP but
current political wrangling within the ruling
party could make the Sokoto born politician
consider the offer if it is eventually narrowed
to him, a source hinted.
The source noted that Tambuwal has always
been in the good books of the opposition
because of his “cordial relationship” with
members of the opposition Parties in the
House and the support he got from them to
emerge as the Speaker.
“They trust him and they simply believe that it
is just a matter of time if he is well
approached, he can ditch the PDP anytime and
join APC,” the source said.
A source confirmed to Pointblnaknews.com
that after series of meeting with some
leadership of the APC, the Speaker appears
willing to dump the PDP and join the APC to
contest the Presidential elections in 2015.
“From outcome of our meetings with him and
some of his political friends, we are confident
he will join us. But as a politician, we believe
he is still weighing his options and we respect
that,” a top APC member told
Pointblanknews.com.
The source said as soon as the Speaker accepts
to join APC and run for the Presidency, its
leadership will try once more to persuade
General Buhari to allow the party to adopt
Tambuwal.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/2015-apc-tips-tambuwal-buhari-for-presidency-okorocha-may-get-vp/
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 27, 2013
story story! Naija politics isnt algebra, dis isnt US or Europe where 2+2=4. Na last minute thngs b our method.
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by yunglykmine(m): 10:06am On Aug 27, 2013
^^^
You took those words from my mouth.
Exactly my thought.
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by nerodenero: 10:10am On Aug 27, 2013
Buhari+Tambuwal+Tinubu put together against Jonathan, I don't think they can beat him. I'm not Uncle Jona's fan but I want to see a candidate who can give PDP a run for their money. Fingers crossed as 2015 is around the corner. Let us see how it pans out.
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by chi3280(m): 10:13am On Aug 27, 2013
This is just a perfect combination.
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by Ojiofor: 10:27am On Aug 27, 2013
Mallam VP Okorocha is not enough to entice SE, Chose the mallam as your presidential candidate we might just reconsider things.

1 Like

Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by AbdH: 10:29am On Aug 27, 2013
And why do I find this news hard to believe? It just doesn't add up.
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by chi3280(m): 10:34am On Aug 27, 2013
Ojiofor: Mallam VP Okorocha is not enough to entice SE, Chose the mallam as your presidential candidate we might just reconsider things.
You are an ungrateful ingrate! How many igbo men have been made VP or even thinking of such an idea since PDP came into power? The present Senate President and Speaker of HOS are not Igbos. Why don't you embrace APC and let our dream of having an igbo VP become a reality? Am not an APC member,but this is the time to show appreciation.

shame on you!!

4 Likes

Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by Ojiofor: 11:12am On Aug 27, 2013
chi 3280: You are an ungrateful ingrate! How many igbo men have been made VP or even thinking of such an idea since PDP came into power? The present Senate President and Speaker of HOS are not Igbos. Why don't you embrace APC and let our dream of having an igbo VP become a reality? Am not an APC member,but this is the time to show appreciation.

shame on you!!

Greater shame on you and people who thinks like you.you hear!was Ekwueme not VP before and during OBJ rule senate presidency went to Ndigbo for 8 years?and finally why not give mallam okorocha their presidential slot rather than vp slot to entice Ndigbo to vote for APC.

1 Like

Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by Kulas: 11:12am On Aug 27, 2013
Campaign against any igbo man accepting VP slot other than Presisdential slot come 2015(if GEJ dont want to contest) or 2019 is already in progess.So this is no news.
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by alexchiny: 11:14am On Aug 27, 2013
chi 3280: You are an ungrateful ingrate! How many igbo men have been made VP or even thinking of such an idea since PDP came into power? The present Senate President and Speaker of HOS are not Igbos. Why don't you embrace APC and let our dream of having an igbo VP become a reality? Am not an APC member,but this is the time to show appreciation.

shame on you!!

Look at this shameless Efulefu!!! Our dream is a viable and working igboland. If your useless APC are serious, let them give us the Presidential slot, we are done playing secong fiddle. Ofeke!

3 Likes

Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by Kingspin(m): 11:41am On Aug 27, 2013
Who is Tambuwal? and what about those set of people in Nigeria waiting to hang themselves for APC. We are not asking for zonal interest for Presidential seat just a Nigeria president.
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by chi3280(m): 11:43am On Aug 27, 2013
alexchiny:

Look at this shameless Efulefu!!! Our dream is a viable and working igboland. If your useless APC are serious, let them give us the Presidential slot, we are done playing secong fiddle. Ofeke!
Why has PDP not given you a presidential slot? Since you are only good as use and dump ethnic group. just as obi has sold anambra people out. shame on you ndi igbo!

3 Likes

Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by 3ace(m): 11:56am On Aug 27, 2013
Tinubu for Senate president? hahaha...these people are clowns. I hope it's not true.
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by oneeast4: 11:57am On Aug 27, 2013
Roches should be banished from Igbo land, he is not even an Igbo man. Heard his true father is from Taraba state. So he want to substitute GEJ presidency with his VP slot from a boko haram party?

We have had VP 30yrs ago, so its not a new thing. If APC is serious let them zone presidency to SE and it must not be the mallam okorocha that will fly the flag, if not GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by sunstyle(m): 12:03pm On Aug 27, 2013
guys Rome is not built in a day, let Okorocha start 4rm vp b4f going 4 presidential seat if at all he wil be given d vp ticket. Afterall Jonathan started with Vp at state level and at federial level bf4 he finally became nigeria president. All i do knw is nothing is impossible 4 God 2 do.
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by alexchiny: 12:09pm On Aug 27, 2013
chi 3280: Why has PDP not given you a presidential slot? Since you are only good as use and dump ethnic group. just as obi has sold anambra people out. shame on you ndi igbo!

At least they gave us the first COAS of igbo extraction, 2nd Niger bridge,upgraded Enugu Airport to international standard, appointed our sons and daughters to sensitive positions in Government and many many others. Now what will your APC full of children of hate give us? Efulefu like you!

2 Likes

Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by alexchiny: 12:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
sunstyle: guys Rome is not built in a day, let Okorocha start 4rm vp b4f going 4 presidential seat if at all he wil be given d vp ticket. Afterall Jonathan started with Vp at state level and at federial level bf4 he finally became nigeria president. All i do knw is nothing is impossible 4 God 2 do.

Why cant Mallam Okorocha start with the Presidential ticket? Or is he not good and credible enough? Please enlighten me sir.
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 27, 2013
alexchiny:

Its a pity that some of u will never learn! Trying to blackmail,insult and spit at a party to give your ethnic group its presidential slot when you people are not known to be disposed to the party is to me peurile fantasy.

Okorocha that is being touted for a higher slot have been ridiculed,insulted and blackmailed by the same set of fellow Ndigbos as hobnobbing with Boko Haram party

Now you want the presidency by subterfuge and sheer throwing of fitful tantrum just for u 2b satisfy?

2 Likes

Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
Can you ever do anything to please an igbo man? No you can't!! Am highly disappointed at comments from ndi igbo on this thread.
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
chi 3280: Why has PDP not given you a presidential slot? Since you are only good as use and dump ethnic group. just as obi has sold anambra people out. shame on you ndi igbo!
A very big shame my brother! cry

1 Like

Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
nerodenero: Buhari+Tambuwal+Tinubu put together against Jonathan, I don't think they can beat him. I'm not Uncle Jonadumb's fan but I want to see a candidate who can give PDP a run for their money. Fingers crossed as 2015 is around the corner. Let us see how it pans out.

Hmmmm Ok
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by alexchiny: 12:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

Its a pity that some of u will never learn! Trying to blackmail,insult and spit at a party to give your ethnic group its presidential slot when you people are not known to be disposed to the party is to me peurile fantasy.

Okorocha that is being touted for a higher slot have been ridiculed,insulted and blackmailed by the same set of fellow Ndigbos as hobnobbing with Boko Haram party

Now you want the presidency by subterfuge and sheer throwing of fitful tantrum just for u 2b satisfy?

Dont get it twisted bro, i was just replying that lost soul! Actually, we igbos dont need nothing from APC because we are yet to accept them down east. Let them take both the presidential and VP slots, we don't need them.

1 Like

Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 27, 2013
grin grin
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by Mogidi2: 12:51pm On Aug 27, 2013
ACN + CPC cannot find a presidential material from their ranks and have to go to PDP yet again.
Just goes to show the depth of the PDP.

How many billions did Tinubu actually steal from Lagos to be able to finance political parties anytime he wants? If Nigeria was to separate, I can see Tinubu and his family ruling the Yorubas for ever. Tinubu is by far the richest Yoruba man alive.
Is a shame Yoruba votes have been sold to Awusa Party Congress(APC).
All this just to make Emperor Tinubu the senate president.

2 Likes

Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by oneeast4: 12:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
alexchiny:

Dont get it twisted bro, i was just replying that lost soul! Actually, we igbos dont need nothing from APC because we are yet to accept them down east. Let them take both the presidential and VP slots, we don't need them.

GBAM!!

You just said my mind....
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by duality(m): 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
When I saw Zoning In this write up, I just smiled smiley The reason is that some persons who always preached against zoning commented on the topic without bringing out the anti zoning mantra.

OK, APC has Zoned VP slot to the Igbos. But they said zoning was a PDP thing and we should kick against it. Well I know my self; I can never be carried away by any political party. because the Nigerian question cannot be answered by political parties.
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by Abok1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2013

This move could scuttle the chances of the APC in the upcoming general elections, because of the singular reason that they would lose out in the south east.
I feel they should concentrate and capitalize on the already captured zones in the SW and nothern part of the country. It is common sense to focus on your strengths than waste time trying to gain votes from where its difficult to get.

I believe fielding a strong personalty from the North and an equally strong politician from the SW (preferably Fashola), would help them secure total votes from the SW. It is common knowledge that the other SW states were won by ACN based on the performance of Fashola in Lagos. Because there is no time to experiment, capitalizing on this would go a long way in helping their cause come 2015.

Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by cKaiser: 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2013
Waste of time.

The SE wont vote APC even if you make Ojukwu the president and Azikwe the vice President

Just do North/SW and concentrate efforts in the middle belt

You can win elections without the SE

1 Like

Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by CharliParker: 10:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
Owelle for president
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by Orjioorji(f): 12:40am On Oct 15, 2013
[quote
author=berem]Can you ever do anything to please an igbo man? No you
can't!! Am highly disappointed at comments from ndi igbo on this
thread. [/quote]becouse of people like you that will sell igbos for a porrage. thats why we re here. thou i knw its marriage that brought you to imo state l knw where u come 4rm.
Re: APC Tips Buhari,Tambuwal For Presidency..Okorocha May Get VP Slot by Sloan: 12:53am On Oct 15, 2013
alexchiny:

See thief! Just GIVE them the presidency? I think you people are created foo.lish. APC should never make the mistake of even putting an ibo man in any serious post not to mention VP. Don't you want Biafra again? Go and ask obonaikena the headless chicken running all over NL. Ibo man that has contributed nothing to APC, helping the retardeen wants to reap where he did not sow? Should any southerner be considered, abeg go to Edo or ND. Never mistakenly even nominate an ibo man. No work no reward for lazy, politically lazy ibo man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Digesting Australian Dr Davis Report On Boko Haram / Sen Ifeanyi Okowa To Be First Delta Igbo(anioma) Governor / Why Moroccan King Refused To Speak To Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.