Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west (8666 Views)

Nigerians Should Thank Yorubas For Rescuing Nigeria From Vagabonds / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” / Vagabonds Want To Succeed Me---Daniel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by victorv12(m): 1:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap to that of an ignorant nation."
- Walter Cronkite

5 Likes

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by myners007: 1:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
Omni_Sparrow:
David west not david mark.
pls dont blame me for the error rather put d blame on the too much saturday night booze

1 Like

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
Donalð Genes:
shuo so you from ,my state abi? Kai mma ino mkpo aba die nah? Aba ommo?
gringrin. Actually, I'm not from there, I school there. But, I understand the language small shaa. Shebi, 'aba die' means 'how are you'.
I'm fine 'idi oke' cheesycheesygrin
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by talk2s(m): 1:05pm On Aug 18, 2013
Baybe: Thank you o. Oya FG settle ASUU mbok. We don tire for house. Unless say na vagabond government una dey run gringrin

Da Owo, kutang uto Iko ado aba!
The government that is attempting sincerely to correct the misddeeds of the past governments, can not be a vagabond Govt.

1 Like

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Saraben(f): 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
i jst pray dey listen
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by seunlayi(m): 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
jassie: Cheap attention seeker! I would have taken his comments seriously, but I noticed the word 'EX' before 'Minister' and realized he's only playing politricks.

ASUU members themselves are irresponsible. How do you explain a bunch of educationists going on strike all the time, abandoning the poor students?

I would have cried foul if I hadn't passed through the Nigerian university system. The bitter truth is that these ASUU guys are all politicians, Lecturers, HODs, Rectors, VCs. . . all of them are politicians belonging to a political party.

So the fact is that when ASUU strikes, its a case of POLITICIANS vs POLITICIANS, the students are the ones bearing the brunt, shikena!
thank you jare for you good insight. strike is the only tool they now believe in because it is certain that even if they don't attend to classes for a year, they full salary and allowances are sure without minding the consequence of this on the student they claim they are developing. This remind me of a lecturer that collected grant to do some poultry research, he diverted the money and later claim he lost all the chicks do to the strike embark on then.

1 Like

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by shadrach77: 1:26pm On Aug 18, 2013
Wizkid are you listening ? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by nairalad: 1:30pm On Aug 18, 2013
frankyfresh: Your right sir.......ride on sir

^
This is what you get when education sector is abandoned by vagabonds in power.

Simple Engrish You Can't Spoke cheesy
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by ARico(m): 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
Bitter truth.
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by felipemadero(m): 1:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
uhmmmm...who is fooling who#sighn&hissin @ d same
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by timwezzb(m): 1:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
HmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmNIGERIA Educational System angry angry
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by oroque: 1:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
myners007 :
its nice to hear frm David Mark calling himself ansd others top govt. vagabonds. kudos to u mr president of d senate. may u God grant u more courage and serenity and strenght to admit the fact that Pdp govt. is vagabond and corruption in nature. please also advise ur cohorts includin Gej to all resign honourably instead of imposing themselves on nigerians at the expense of true democratic rule and development.
What is dis one Saying?

2 Likes

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by nairalad: 1:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
REASONS FOR THE CURRENT STRIKE ACTION AND OF COURSE THE PREVIOUS ONES UNDERTAKEN BY UNIVERSITY LECTURERS UNDER THE UMBRELLA OF ASUU:

- They knew government will never meet their 'demands' but they will surely be settled behind closed doors. Also it is a 'holiday' for them to rest and face some of their private businesses.

- They embark on strikes to 'delay' graduation so that the current number of unemployed graduates stays the same for some time.

THIS IS A SAD FACT.
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by nijanigga: 1:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
jassie: Cheap attention seeker! I would have taken his comments seriously, but I noticed the word 'EX' before 'Minister' and realized he's only playing politricks.

ASUU members themselves are irresponsible. How do you explain a bunch of educationists going on strike all the time, abandoning the poor students?

I would have cried foul if I hadn't passed through the Nigerian university system. The bitter truth is that these ASUU guys are all politicians, Lecturers, HODs, Rectors, VCs. . . all of them are politicians belonging to a political party.

So the fact is that when ASUU strikes, its a case of POLITICIANS vs POLITICIANS, the students are the ones bearing the brunt, shikena!
Based on your arguments I'm sorry for your faculty of reasoning and indeed the quality of your education; is nothing to write home about. You might have eyes, but ,you can't see, have brain, but is of no good.

2 Likes

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by chreldb(m): 1:52pm On Aug 18, 2013

My brother you say what you say because of lack of exposure. Like you I passed through the Nigerian tertiary educational system. After that I educated myself to the highest level of post graduate in a developed country. By virtue of that I will tell you that Tam David West is on point!! Not only is the Nigerian government a vagabond but the students that graduate from Nigerian universities are highly disadvantaged. The government needs to invest in education. This is not something that should result to a debate. It is an absolute necessity. If you have schooled in A developed nation like many of Nigerian graduates hustle to do you will observe that you do not see any South African. Why? Because South African government has invested well in education so there is no need to school abroad. This is all ASUU is asking for. It's just unfortunate that the students are suffering for it. As a result of that they sentimentally and unjustifiably insult ASUU calling them greedy h.orny thieves. But I can bet that anyone that has a good level of exposure would lay tent with ASUU. May God deliver Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
Title is misleading, he's correct
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by McLuhan(m): 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
Judging by the 2013 budget, Nigeria spends about 2.7 million naira every day to feed its President. This figure is only for feeding and excludes any other aspect of the President's upkeep. The Senate President, on his part, earns as much as 88 million naira monthly (Sunday Punch, August 4, 2013, page 16). This is the same government that claims it cannot afford 92 billion naira to pay the entitlements of all lecturers in federal universities whose unpaid allowances have accumulated since 2009, when the same government voluntarily signed an agreement to pay the said wages. Imagine the hypocrisy!
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Controversy: 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
Any body comfortable worked under OBJ without resign or complaining is the biggest vagabond
Tam David West how was your ministry then as minister of petroleum?

1 Like

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by anonimi: 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dagoma: I have been wondering what they eat in the Aso with about one billion budgeted for President and 700m for VP for their feeding. Does that really make sense?

Do you know your state's budget for similar item?
What about your LGA's budget

PS.: This is NOT to exonorate the Presidency BUT rather to alert us to the mess going on even closer home to us in our LGAs and states.
What is the situation with primary, vocational and secondary chools that are the RESPONSIBILITY of states and LGAs?

2 Likes

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by anonimi: 2:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
Donmams: Quite unfortunate that the youths whose future is being thrown to the dogs by the GEJ administration can't see nothing wrong with their plight. Let's wait for 2015.

Are the state universities any better than the federal universities in this regard
Are the state universities not also on strike?
Was Fashola's LASU not owing academic and non-academic staff 17 months salary?
Can you imagine, 17 months salary by the "excellent, progressive, best" governor despite raising fees from 25k to 250k!

Idris also alleges that though the university owes lecturers and non-academic members of staff 17 months salary arrears, it has failed to engage in dialogue with the union on how the debt would be paid. He explains that the state government agreed to pay 50 per cent of the arrears, while LASU should pay the remaining 50 per cent. The state government, he says, “has honoured its own part of the deal while the management has offered to pay 20 per cent alongside our July salary, but they are not saying anything about how to pay the rest and we told them that we should meet on this. So far, they have refused to meet with us.”

On this, Fosudo, who describes himself as a member of ASUU, says the 20 per cent has been paid on Friday, together with the July salary, adding that the remaining would be paid soon. Idris confirms this but insists that the method adopted by the management is faulty.

http://www.punchng.com/education/high-tuition-poor-facilities-spur-disquiet-in-lasu/

SMH!!!
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by NellyGhenghen(m): 2:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
Do they care? All their kids study/studied abroad.
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
In a sane society, mr clueless & cohorts wuld hav been impeached, but this is nig.... what a country!
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Kingspin(m): 2:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
While would FG cry foul over ASUU demand when National Assembly are taking the highest pay world over along other dirty politicians - abandoning projects upon projects..Where is our huge national cash in politicians pocket. FG will find it diffcult to solve a 40 years old decay in the education section at once. If there is a phrase approach ASUU should accept it for now..Education is one out of many problems in Nigeria.If u solve education..what about corruption,tribal war,bad politics,religion, etc.
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by joeadex(m): 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
exactly...
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
nijanigga:
Based on your arguments I'm sorry for your faculty of reasoning and indeed the quality of your education; is nothing to write home about. You might have eyes, but ,you can't see, have brain, but is of no good.

You just showed how retar.ded you are because you didn't make any sense. I really couldn't expect much from a nigg.a . . .

Congrats on the 'likes' you got. . . shows you got empty brains like yourself on nairaland cheesy cheesy cheesy

chreld_b:

My brother you say what you say because of lack of exposure. Like you I passed through the Nigerian tertiary educational system. After that I educated myself to the highest level of post graduate in a developed country. By virtue of that I will tell you that Tam David West is on point!! Not only is the Nigerian government a vagabond but the students that graduate from Nigerian universities are highly disadvantaged. The government needs to invest in education. This is not something that should result to a debate. It is an absolute necessity. If you have schooled in A developed nation like many of Nigerian graduates hustle to do you will observe that you do not see any South African. Why? Because South African government has invested well in education so there is no need to school abroad. This is all ASUU is asking for. It's just unfortunate that the students are suffering for it. As a result of that they sentimentally and unjustifiably insult ASUU calling them greedy h.orny thieves. But I can bet that anyone that has a good level of exposure would lay tent with ASUU. May God deliver Nigeria

Really? Next time, scan all your credentials and upload them online just to prove a point.

The only thing you have successfully analyzed is your preference for South Africa.

Something tells me you're an ASUU member who doesn't want the truth to come out.

Has ASUU ever really protested against the lack of infrastructure in the Universities? No!
All they're fighting for is their pocket. . . And I don't expect sycophants like you to agree with me.
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by pinkguy(m): 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hello sick people dont hate GEJ Mbok ASUU strike don't start in GEJ regime who care ASUU will continue strike as long as d is 9ja ok ASUU is like virus
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by sheff(m): 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
And I hope you and the entire government icluding bothe houses of assembly will agree with me that "only vagabond run a country the ways you lots have been running NIGERIANS"

1 Like

Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
sheff: And I hope you and the entire government icluding bothe houses of assembly will agree with me that "only vagabond run a country the ways you lots have been running NIGERIANS"

Don't mind them jare. All those brainless fellows supporting him should be flogged @ the market center! cheesy

When he finished eating his own share of the national cake, he comes talking nonsense about how the govt didn't give heaven & earth to clueless lecturers. Na the political money dey dem eyes, make dem kuku resign go contest for elections.
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
Whether or not David West was part of the system is irrelevant. He is absolutely right.

Why ASUU keeps going on strike is beyond me. It is like going on a hunger strike to protest that you are not being fed enough. You may succeed but might be too dead in the end to celebrate that you won. It is a sign of the times that the people who are supposed to be the most brilliant amongst us are the ones that do not realise this. There must be a better way.

It is precisely another sign of what type of leaders we have that our educational and health sectors are completely run down. Crazy leadership and oil. Nigeria's two biggest problems. I could add ethnicity and religion to make four but by and large when you have the right leadership these can be pushed back into the background, where they belong if you are at all determined to develop people and country.

I implore you to search and watch Hans Rosling's presentations at TED on development indices, especially those of education and health and how Black Africa has fared relative to the Western world. I do not agree with all of his inferences but he certainly gets the most important messages across. I definitely would have stood up and left in shame if I had been part of his audience.

Almost without question most of our leaders know the problems that we face. You can hear them articulate these problems in interviews. What that specific thing is that prevents them from even GENUINELY TRYING to solve these problems when they have the means to do so, that is the question.

We will see but it is not looking too good at this time.
Re: Only Vagabonds Abandon Education - David-west by Edipee(m): 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
Baybe: Thank you o. Oya FG settle ASUU mbok. We don tire for house. Unless say na vagabond government una dey run gringrin
You must be an Akwa Ibomite. How you dey!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Condemns Those Protesting For End SARS / Nigeria At 53 - What Has Been Your Story So Far? / Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.