Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:29 PM

Where Is Tinubu? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Tinubu? (2209 Views)

Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju / Is Tinubu Dead??? / Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Tinubu? by jamesibor: 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2013
Any observer would have noticed that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu the national leader of the newly registered APC has been missing for a couple of weeks now. Meanwhile, the News media has been silent on his whereabouts. Had it been Patience Jonathan, Saharareporters and Nairaland would have been awash of how she was flown out in coma to a German hospital.

The truth from what I can gather is that the man is ill and seriously I'll for that matter. I asked a friend of mine who is a die hard disciple of Asiwaju and also close to him about the state of his health, his countenance changed and he shook his head and said 'Only God can save him now' and went ahead to say that the PDP people want to kill the man.

All I can gather is that all is not well with Asiwaju health wise. I wish him a speedy recovery and more power to keep the opposition alive so as to keep the government of the day on its toes.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
Maybe he has gone to Chicago State University to collect his missing certificate smiley I wish him good health, hope he gets well soon if he is truly unwell.
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Tintinix: 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
I thought some weeks back we were sensitized of an upcoming orthopedic related surgery... But the location and actual date for the surgery was not confirmed.
Just piecing my own assumptions to help you locate him since he is very important to your survival... smiley
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by ol2012: 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
james_ibor: Any observer would have noticed that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu the national leader of the newly registered APC has been missing for a couple of weeks now. Meanwhile, the News media has been silent on his whereabouts. Had it been Patience Jonathan, Saharareporters and Nairaland would have been awash of how she was flown out in coma to a German hospital.

The truth from what I can gather is that the man is ill and seriously I'll for that matter. I asked a friend of mine who is a die hard disciple of Asiwaju and also close to him about the state of his health, his countenance changed and he shook his head and said 'Only God can save him now' and went ahead to say that the PDP people want to kill the man.

All I can gather is that all is not well with Asiwaju health wise. I wish him a speedy recovery and more power to keep the opposition alive so as to keep the government of the day on its toes.
But why would ur friend blame PDP 4 d bolded? Anyway, ur observation is true about Mr. Tinubu's absense from public functions lately. Al I can do now is wish him speedy recovery
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by DuduNegro: 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2013
Op, why r you lookibg for Tinubu, you miss him?

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Tinubu? by jamesibor: 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dudu_Negro: Op, why r you lookibg for Tinubu, you miss him?
Much as I loathe APC, Nigeria needs a strong opposition and Asiwaju is proving to be good at that. I do hope he remains so ie opposition.
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by agbameta: 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
james_ibor: Much as I loathe APC, Nigeria needs a strong opposition and Asiwaju is proving to be good at that. I do hope he remains so ie opposition.

Who you dey deceive.? Omo talk tru, you love him and you miss him. ..but the man is married sha and I don't think he's gayh so solftly with the open display of Asiwaju thread dedication, love and affection..

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Tinubu? by simpleseyi: 8:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
james_ibor: Any observer would have noticed that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu the national leader of the newly registered APC has been missing for a couple of weeks now. Meanwhile, the News media has been silent on his whereabouts. Had it been Patience Jonathan, Saharareporters and Nairaland would have been awash of how she was flown out in coma to a German hospital.

Tinubu is still alive and not dead like the Sheppopotamus that died and woke up after about a week surpassing Jesus miracle in the Bible.

3 Likes

Re: Where Is Tinubu? by EkoAtlantic: 8:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
agbameta:

Who you dey deceive.? Omo talk tru, you love him and you miss him. ..but the man is married sha and I don't think he's gayh so solftly with the open display of Asiwaju thread dedication, love and affection..

Lol...

1 Like

Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2013
Op, you took this question from my mouth. Even when Fashola's Dad passed away, he was nowhere to be found.
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Garrithe1st: 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Op, you took this question from my mouth. Even when Fashola's wife passed away, he was nowhere to be found.

Wishing Fashola's wife dead doesn't improve your pathetic lot in life....

grin grin
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Wishing Fashola's wife dead doesn't improve your pathetic lot in life....

grin grin
Fixed.
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hunkered down somewhere in Lagos, dotting the i's in his plan to send the PDP to obscurity where they belong.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Kingspin(m): 9:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
Double standard.. Picks whom to publish.
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
If truly he is ill, i wish him speedy recovery. We are all prone to illness. Tinubu isn't an exception. I remember he once had stroke sometime last year but he survived it after he was rushed to US.
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by owolabifunke14(f): 11:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
He is undergoing treatment in madison hospital USA
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by deeptesting(m): 11:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
It was all over the media that he needed to go for surgery, we should not play politics of bitterness......in politics there are no permanent enemy but permanent interest.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 18, 2013
I wish him speedy recovery. Who else will lead the national opposition? He should work on his hatred for my people so that he can be able to smile like oga Fash dad when the almighty comes calling.
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 19, 2013
Former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, is to undergo a knee surgery, a statement from the Tinubu Media Office said on Monday.

The office said it was to clarify reports on why the former governor and one of the pillars of the new All Progressives Congress had been absent from the public in recent time.

The statement read, “This brief statement explains the reason behind the absence of the former Governor of Lagos State and leading founder of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, from public engagements in the past few days.

“Based on previous sports injury on one of his knees and recent further aggravation on the knee from rigorous political and family related activities, he has been advised by his doctors, despite his persistent reluctance, that orthopaedic surgery is necessary at this time.

“The week of the 5th of August has been slated for the surgery. Tinubu is expected to resume his normal political activities and public engagements following clearance from his doctors.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/tinubu-undergoes-knee-surgery/
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Nobody: 6:04am On Aug 19, 2013
By SaharaReporters, New York

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the former Governor of Lagos State and a leading founder of the All Progressives Congress, has been absent from public engagements in the past few days because of health issues, the Tinubu Media Office has said.

“Based on previous sports injury on one of his knees and recent further aggravation on the knee from rigorous political and family related activities, he has been advised by his Doctors, despite his persistent reluctance that orthopedic surgery is necessary at this time,” the brief statement said today.

The surgery will take place this week, and Tinubu will resume normal political activities and public engagements once cleared by his doctors.

The statement did not say where the procedure will take place.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/apc-chieftain-bola-tinubu-brought-his-knees
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 19, 2013
james_ibor: Had it been Patience Jonathan, Saharareporters and Nairaland would have been awash of how she was flown out in coma to a German hospital.

This is Nairaland link:
https://www.nairaland.com/1386050/tinubu-undergo-orthopedic-surgery
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:14am On Aug 19, 2013
Prof Corruption:

This is Nairaland link:
https://www.nairaland.com/1386050/tinubu-undergo-orthopedic-surgery
Thanks corrupt professor. However, information reaching me has it that it is more serious than knee surgery. In fact, there is serious doubt of him returning to active politics.

God forbid such a situation sha cos the man has been a thorn in the flesh to the PDP led govt. thereby keeping them on their toes.
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 19, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Thanks corrupt professor. However, information reaching me has it that it is more serious than knee surgery. In fact, there is serious doubt of him returning to active politics.

God forbid such a situation sha cos the man has been a thorn in the flesh to the PDP led govt. thereby keeping them in their toes.

He issued a statement to the effect that a surgery would take place. Those being criticized in the media denied they were sick or ill in the first place e.g. Patience Jonathan. So the difference is clear. There's nothing wrong in being ill but the way it's managed can make or mar a politician. In this instance, Tinubu has done the right thing.

You are free to concoct any source that suite your interest just like others can also invent sources that he's fine now. So it's neither here nor there. But at the end of the day, there ll be press release on his actual state of health if there is need for such. He's not in government and is not being treated on tax payers money. He's entitled to privacy. Keep your sources to yourself or provide a credible link to back them up.

3 Likes

Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 19, 2013
deeptesting: It was all over the media that he needed to go for surgery, we should not play politics of bitterness......in politics there are no permanent enemy but permanent interest.
True! At least everyone knows he is ill and he's to undergo surgery unlike our first lady who hid her illness from the public only to come out and tell us she's the female version of Jesus Christ. angry
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:07am On Aug 19, 2013
Prof Corruption:

He issued a statement to the effect that a surgery would take place. Those being criticized in the media denied they were sick or ill in the first place e.g. Patience Jonathan. So the difference is clear. There's nothing wrong in being ill but the way it's managed can make or mar a politician. In this instance, Tinubu has done the right thing.

You are free to concoct any source that suite your interest just like others can also invent sources that he's fine now. So it's neither here nor there. But at the end of the day, there ll be press release on his actual state of health if there is need for such. He's not in government and is not being treated on tax payers money. He's entitled to privacy. Keep your sources to yourself or provide a credible link to back them up.

But I learnt ACN controlled states of the South West are paying the bills.
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by owolabifunke14(f): 9:19am On Aug 19, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Sunny_bobo: But I learnt ACN controlled states of the South West are paying the bills.
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Kairoseki77: 9:40am On Aug 19, 2013
Where is Chime?

Has he come back to his state yet? Has he done anything to develop his state since being elected? Is he done using state funds to secure his health while his people receive no services? When will the people of his state be delivered from poor leadership?

Since we are all asking innocent questions, I thought I would propose my own.
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 19, 2013
[quote author=Sunny_bobo]But I learnt ACN controlled states of the South West are paying the bills.[/quote/] Do you mean that someone like tinubu would not have enough money for a common knee surgical procedure?
Re: Where Is Tinubu? by Kairoseki77: 9:42am On Aug 19, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They just make nonsensical claims with no proof.

First they say Tinubu has stolen billions of dollars from the SW, now they say he needs help paying for a common knee surgery. It's hard to keep so many lies in order.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Black Color Associated With Evil And White Color Good? / Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Is A Lair, Okonjo Iweala Says / Proscribing Boko Haram Wrong - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.