Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU (12220 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Porting To Ghana Continues... / Latest News On ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Willgates(m): 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
crypeople were no send school dey laugh loud now....Am regreting,I for fash school learn work tey tey angry

God go punish any body were no gimme me work sake of say I no get degree
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
Eeeyaa feels bad as a graduate to see this happening to u undergraduates, I hereby advise you guy 2 use dis opportunity to learn a skill.

grin grin grin. Don't mind d smiley looks, dats how I look when I am upset.
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by sholasho(m): 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
RedBenson:

Me, am learning bomb making. When am done, FG and ASUU go hear ahhhm. Make i just finish 1st.
Rotfl.
Bros abeg stand far
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
Fg pls we cnt cuntinue lukin lyk dz

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Kenny4lyfe(m): 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
You know... some months ago, I was mad at JAMB's UTME for denying a lot of people admission this year but then I glorify God for the way things turned out!
I know that, by the time this is over, our tetiary institutions will be revamped positively and those who thought JAMB did wrong by failing them this year are gonna be the first set of graduants with the most empowered and highly competent skills that's required in our world of today (both as entrepreneurs and civil servants) and our country is gonna be better for it!
#Quality_Edu_for_All
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by OCTAVO: 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
Very true! My two sisters in the university have started learning tailoring ever since the strike started. They have learnt for 2months + now. No time to waste time.
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by PassingShot(m): 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
It's more worrying to think and know that it is the same students, whose lives are being toyed with by GEJ administartion, that will campaign and vote for the same clueless president and his cohorts. I weep for the future of Nigeria.
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by sholasho(m): 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
creativemusic: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin that is what nigeria government has turned their future leaders into, is a shame grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

*smiling*
So future leaders really?
I can remember clearly in the 80's when my teachers will tell us we are the leaders of tomorrow.
I don't want to believe they were lying to us then
Maybe it's not the tomorrow yet.
9ja. I just smile when I think about a lot of things in this country. *smiling*
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by LilTwist(m): 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
Why wait for ASUU,when you can migrate from your 'FEDERAL UNI' to any 'PRIVATE UNI' of your choice and still retain your 'MATRIC NUMBER'...TEXT the word 'PORT' to 32328
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2013
sholasho:

*smiling*
So future leaders really?
I can remember clearly in the 80's when my teachers will tell us we are the leaders of tomorrow.
I don't want to believe they were lying to us then
Maybe it's not the tomorrow yet.
9ja. I just smile when I think about a lot of things in this country. *smiling*

>>We Are The Leaders of Today
>>We Voted Them Into Power They Didn't Vote Themselves
>>They Work For Us Not For Themselves
>>It's A Democracy Not Anarchy
>>We Call The Shots Not Them
>>This Is What We Want: #Quality_Edu_For_All
Datzall!!!
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Naijalastborn(m): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Idongesit619(m): 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
olatiler: @poster what do u expect in country ware citizen fail to vote out those stupid nonentity out of office only for us to be machetes our self for a candidate that was coming to looting our wealth

Chai! u need orientation! Don't u knw Nigeria is an anarchy state?
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by rozayx5(m): 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
Goldenheart: This strike has gone beyond a month now and most undergraduate have been doing nothing at home. Well, I am not writing this to the government neither am I writing it to ASUU or the youths out there. This lines are directed to YOU. I mean the YOU that is reading this piece at the moment.

Let me tell you a blunt practical truth, If you are at home doing nothing now because of ASUU strike, it is most likely that you will also be doing nothing after your graduation. That simply means you are not valuable enough to be hooked by a company for employment. Well, lets leave that for another day.

Lets consider for a while those things that are taking people's time at home: seasonal films, soccer manager, play station, 2go, Facebook . . . Which of these is holding you down from being valuable? After serious consideration, you will discover that all these are products of great minds and busy hands. What are you busy doing? ASUU strike should be a blessing for you. Why cant you take advantage of this period and also put your name in the hearts of people.

As an accounting student, what will it cost you to walk up to a bank close to your house and tell the branch manager you are willing to work with them for free? Irrespective of you level at school. Go to as many banks as possible. Go back as many times as you hear a NO. I dont thing this would cost you anything. Dont you know this would add a bullet of experience to your CV as a graduate?

As an English or art student, have you checked all the radio stations in Ibadan, Lagos, Akure or Abeokuta and they told you they dont need you? There is no harm in trying. All you do at home is to listen to music on Splash FM and you are happy? Really funny!

Listen, you can be great in life without having a degree. So dont let ASUU vs FG hold you down. Dont be deceived. You have everything you need already. You can read. You can write. You can speak good English. Oh! You can even use the internet. And funny enough you also have a phone that can be used to surf the internet. What else do you need? Tell me. You think you need a degree to get busy? I laugh. Make use of Google to see how many Nigerian graduates are jobbless. Some are even at home now waiting for NYSC. That is their own excuse for not getting busy.

My dear, you dont have an excuse. Dont wait for FG. They are doing nothing and they wont. Make you moment count. Dont waste you life. Get up and find something to do. Go out now. You are already educated. A degree wont make you educated. You have it already.

Go and ask how much pepper sellers are making per day. Go check how much tailors are making. Bricklayers, Akara sellers, bukaterias, barbers, salons, mechanics etc. These are people you will regard as 'uneducated'. What about you that knows the laws of physics, knows why water is colorless and why calculus can not be used in literature? It is a pity that are you using all that on soccer manager and vampire diaries. You use your laptop as a toy instead as a tool(Coded).

Why cant you apply those things you have learnt in school to everyday trade in your neighborhood?
Why cant you call your friends around to form a team and form a company?
Why cant you learn something? Fashion designing, programming, craft etc.
Why cant you develop your selling and negotiation skill?
Why cant you buy and read a book today?
Why cant you volunteer to work in a company around you for free?
Why cant you think about you life for once and forget degree, ASUU or FG?
Why not NOW?
#scooped#

2 million likes cool cool
many people have been brainwashed into believing that degrees will solve their lifes problem undecided undecided
they will be in for a surprise 10 years from now
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Sasquare1(m): 3:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
Goldenheart: This strike has gone beyond a month now and most undergraduate have been doing nothing at home. Well, I am not writing this to the government neither am I writing it to ASUU or the youths out there. This lines are directed to YOU. I mean the YOU that is reading this piece at the moment.

Let me tell you a blunt practical truth, If you are at home doing nothing now because of ASUU strike, it is most likely that you will also be doing nothing after your graduation. That simply means you are not valuable enough to be hooked by a company for employment. Well, lets leave that for another day.

Lets consider for a while those things that are taking people's time at home: seasonal films, soccer manager, play station, 2go, Facebook . . . Which of these is holding you down from being valuable? After serious consideration, you will discover that all these are products of great minds and busy hands. What are you busy doing? ASUU strike should be a blessing for you. Why cant you take advantage of this period and also put your name in the hearts of people.

As an accounting student, what will it cost you to walk up to a bank close to your house and tell the branch manager you are willing to work with them for free? Irrespective of you level at school. Go to as many banks as possible. Go back as many times as you hear a NO. I dont thing this would cost you anything. Dont you know this would add a bullet of experience to your CV as a graduate?

As an English or art student, have you checked all the radio stations in Ibadan, Lagos, Akure or Abeokuta and they told you they dont need you? There is no harm in trying. All you do at home is to listen to music on Splash FM and you are happy? Really funny!

Listen, you can be great in life without having a degree. So dont let ASUU vs FG hold you down. Dont be deceived. You have everything you need already. You can read. You can write. You can speak good English. Oh! You can even use the internet. And funny enough you also have a phone that can be used to surf the internet. What else do you need? Tell me. You think you need a degree to get busy? I laugh. Make use of Google to see how many Nigerian graduates are jobbless. Some are even at home now waiting for NYSC. That is their own excuse for not getting busy.

My dear, you dont have an excuse. Dont wait for FG. They are doing nothing and they wont. Make you moment count. Dont waste you life. Get up and find something to do. Go out now. You are already educated. A degree wont make you educated. You have it already.

Go and ask how much pepper sellers are making per day. Go check how much tailors are making. Bricklayers, Akara sellers, bukaterias, barbers, salons, mechanics etc. These are people you will regard as 'uneducated'. What about you that knows the laws of physics, knows why water is colorless and why calculus can not be used in literature? It is a pity that are you using all that on soccer manager and vampire diaries. You use your laptop as a toy instead as a tool(Coded).

Why cant you apply those things you have learnt in school to everyday trade in your neighborhood?
Why not NOW?
#scooped#
thank you my broda for the insight as for me i'm off to ruwasa ready to work for free and i knw the experience worth it.
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Idongesit619(m): 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
[quote author=Goldenheart]This strike has gone beyond a month now and most undergraduate have been doing nothing at home. Well, I am not writing this to the government neither am I writing it to ASUU or the youths out there. This lines are directed to YOU. I mean the YOU that is reading this piece at the moment.

Why not NOW?

Nice update! Kudos to u

1 Like

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Prestige48(m): 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
ifemiide: The money that ASUU is asking for is not up to the amount that real madrid will be paying Bale in a month.
FG at least for ones show us that you care about us
na so to caculate hard u..oboy u dull
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Tuljaking(m): 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
Prestige48: na so to caculate hard u..oboy u dull
d guy dey wait for admission list lols
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by samski(m): 3:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]e be lyk say na ashawo work sure pass o.....abeg any sugar mummy..? winke be lyk say na ashawo work sure pass o.....abeg any sugar mummy..?
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by diamond02: 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
Business Partnering Opportunities (BPO) at TSS Tuitions.

Tss Tuitions is the Home Tuitions Brand of TSS Professionals. It offers the 10 range of products:

Classic Home Tuitions
Premium Home Tuitions
Platinum Home Tuitions
MusicPlus
Kitchen Practice
Tele-Tutoring and Video Conferencing Tuitions
E-Tuitions
Skype Tuitions
First Readings in English
First Readings in French

Mission
Our Mission is to deliver an excellent home tuition services aided with technology to ensure your wards surpass their peers in both academics and non-academic abilities.

Description
TSS Tuition is a Business Concept conceived out of the need to urgently arrest substandard personal tutoring subsector of the Education Industry. We strongly believe that Teachers must be empowered from two main perspectives- proper motivations via adequate remuneration and teaching aids. Our Business is created to ensure there is a proper handshake between these two success factors.

Our Business Partnering Opportunities (BPO) Program is one that fosters a business relationship between TSS Tuitions and individuals as well as corporate entities. As an individual you can tap into our monthly finder’s fees. Under this program the referral agent is entitled to a 10% of the tuition fees in the first month and thereafter will be entitled to a 7.5% of the tuition fees of all paying clients they refer to throughout the life cycle of the referred customers with us.

Method of Application
To register as a BPO partner kindly fill the form at our website.

For more information about TSS Tuitions kindly visit our website http://www.tsstuitions.com
Our facebook page https://m.facebook.com/tsstuitions

Tel : 08161682749
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Mgbadike80: 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Every country deserves the type of leaders they have. Nigeria included. So stop abusing your leaders, they are not from malawi.
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by bahlow: 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
I know without Education i will make it in life cus We are born enterprise. Thank God i learnt an handwork b4 going back to Skul. Wheather ASUU call off d strike or not my Cobbler nd Card business av given me more dan i av expected...Let d strike continue..no lele..Owo n wo le waa jooor.
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Drclassic(m): 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2013

Why not NOW?
#scooped#
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Drclassic(m): 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2013

Why not NOW?
#scooped#
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by adele004: 4:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
winkI'm already learing yahoo now

1 Like

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by abombom(m): 4:55pm On Aug 26, 2013

Why not NOW?
#scooped#
nice one there. am so touched
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
And someone will tell us GEJ is working eh?
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by abombom(m): 5:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
video can b dloaded here;

http://mp3avi.com/download/77193349f41d9a3ef366deeeda603d14.html

already converted.
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by bobbybash(m): 7:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Take advantage of this ASUU strike and Learn how to make Ankara Accessories in 2 Days. Learn to make •Bangles•Earrings•Necklace•Rings•sun shades etc Date:16th-17th Sept 2013. Venue:No 30 oredein str,Oke-Ado Ibadan Fee:#5000.To Lock Down a place make payment into •Acc no: 0118047853 •Acc Nm: SWITT Fashion & leather works •Bank: GTbank.For more info call •07038307038 •08022239617pin•3298E710 •08022239617pin•3298E710

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Lacurve: 7:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
What is happening in 9ja, great country with stupid leaders, is Ngozika okonji iweala and d FG not earning there salaries? Why can't them pay these lecturers their own and d worst part of it is that they will send their children abroad or put them in private universities for the poor innocent to be suffering this there delvish acts but all of them will never go free because d God of d poor is still alive. Shame to a great country Nigeria with a stupid leaders
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Thebrightest(m): 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
Na all comments u must read? You better stop reading this comment now!!! You no dey hear word? So, you finally read my comment abi? what did you gain now? Mtcheew!!!
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by immaq8(f): 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
If strike like make e continue. God know say na dis factory work sure pass..
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by GoodBoi1(m): 7:43am On Aug 27, 2013
Let this strike even last for 6 months. This strike is really a blessing. I've things to cover outside school syllabus, books to read, sharpening programming skills, so I can be fully equipped. It's not every time you get this opportunity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Solve This Maths Now And Win Instant N10,000 / 51 Bag First Class In UNIOSUN / Do Not Ever Use Wes For Transcript Evaluation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.