Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit (31257 Views)

Amaechi And Wife Loved Up After His Ministerial Screening(photos) / Rotimi Amaechi And Fani-Kayode On Politics Today On Channels TV. / Abiola's Wife Refused To Collect Form-; PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by arcis: 10:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan’s wife, Patience Jonathan, has decried the failure of Governor Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers State to pay her a condolence visit since her mother died in an automobile accident several weeks ago. In a statement released today in Abuja, Mrs. Jonathan all but declared Mr. Amaechi and his wife guilty of bad manners for refusing to express their sympathy over her mother’s death.

The First Lady’s statement was a reaction to reports that she had failed to recognize the presence of Rivers State Deputy Governor, Tele Ikuru, who was at the Port Harcourt International Airport to receive her when she visited the state on Sunday.

In a statement signed by the First Lady’s Director of Information, Ms. Ayo Adesugba, Mrs. Jonathan stated that, despite the refusal of the governor and his wife to pay her a condolence visit, she bore them no grudge.

Mrs. Jonathan’s press release noted that numerous personalities, including former presidents, traditional rulers and diplomats, had consoled her over the death of her mother, Mrs. Charity Oba. “However, [Governor Amaechi] and the wife from the State which the First Lady hails have not paid such a visit,” the statement added.
Mrs. Jonathan, who is originally from Rivers State, has been identified as the principal sponsor of a political group that has precipitated a political crisis in the state. In recent months, the state has come close several times to being ungovernable. The crisis culminated in a physical brawl between five members of the state assembly loyal to Mrs. Jonathan and the majority who back the governor. The brawl was captured on tape and went viral after different versions of it were posted on youtube.

Speaking recently with a group of pastors who paid her a visit, Mrs. Jonathan stated that Governor Amaechi was stubborn, but added that he was a son to her. She denied wishing the governor political or physical harm, adding that prayers were needed to resolve the crisis in the state.

OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

PRESS RELEASE

Leave Me Out of Rivers State Politics - First Lady
The attention of the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, has been drawn to reports carried in some sections of the media alleging that top officials of the Rivers government, including the Deputy Governor Tele Ikuru who came to receive the First Lady, were shielded from Dame Jonathan on her arrival at Port Harcourt International Airport yesterday, (18/08/2013). Some of the media reports went to the extent of alleging that Dame Jonathan “snubbed” the Deputy Governor.

It is important to set the record straight in order to prevent the public from being misled. The First Lady arrived in Rivers State yesterday for a private visit, to make arrangements for the burial of her late mother with members of her extended family.

Customarily, the wife of the State Governor receives the First Lady whenever she visits any state. That is why the wife of Bayelsa State Governor traveled from Yenagoa to receive the First Lady. Ordinarily, one would have expected the same complement from the wife of the Rivers State Governor.

It is instructive to note that since the death of Mrs. Charity Oba, the mother of the First Lady, several groups and individuals from across the country have come to condole the First Family at the State House, Abuja. They include Executive State Governors and their wives from all the political divides; Nigeria’s former Presidents and Heads of State and their wives, captains of industry, female Ambassadors and High Commissioners of Nigeria, other members of the diplomatic corps, royal fathers and traditional leaders - the list is too numerous to call. However, the Governor and the wife from the State which the First Lady hails have not paid such a visit.

It should be clear to all that for quite some time now, the First Lady has refrained from commenting on issues relating to the politics of Rivers State. Dame Patience does not want her name to be used to heat up the polity. We therefore urge that the name of the First Lady be left out of the politics in Rivers State.

The First Lady, like any Nigerian, is free to visit the state of her birth. Dame Jonathan bears no grudge towards anyone as she is an individual who continues to tirelessly advocate for peace and harmony in Nigeria. We therefore reiterate that the First Lady’s name be left out of the politics in the State.

Ayo Adesugba (Mrs.)
Director (Information)
19 August, 2013

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/governor-amaechi-his-wife-refused-pay-me-condolence-visit-%E2%80%93-patience-jonathan
Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by phlamy(m): 10:30pm On Aug 19, 2013
I hope this is not true

Let me wait till tomorrow for the report to be denied before I conclude

1 Like

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by micklplus(m): 10:47pm On Aug 19, 2013
Na wah for PEJ! The condolence go bring back the mama?

PEJ and notice me nah twins.

He do mama PEJ, leave Ameachi alone. Obsession is a bad thing Ma.
Thank you

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/governor-amaechi-his-wife-refused-pay-me-condolence-visit-–-patience-jonathan

46 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by Trendy247: 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2013
What is dis woman feeling like sef?

11 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by phlamy(m): 10:52pm On Aug 19, 2013
I am still to get her game plan
Anyone with the strategy template?

1 Like

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 19, 2013
What does she need the condolence for? angry

6 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 19, 2013
So there is a director of information attached to the office of the first lady?? shocked
embarassed what am I saying??, is there an office of the first lady

25 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by Tolexander: 11:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY,
FEDERAL
REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
PRESS RELEASE
is there anything like this in our constitution?

5 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by cescadove: 11:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
WOMAN GROW UP !
Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by agbameta: 11:14pm On Aug 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by cKaiser: 11:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
Patience retadeen no go kill person

4 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by Rhino5dm: 11:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
Madam Shepopotamus don come again. Truly, you can't take away creeks from shepopotamus. Pathetic.

24 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
wat is wrong with madam shepopotamus?

4 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by bashydemy(m): 11:38pm On Aug 19, 2013
This woman is irritating me

7 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by arcis: 6:42am On Aug 20, 2013
I wonder o
Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by arcis: 6:46am On Aug 20, 2013
I think there is always a
I think there is always a problem with the
ways aides of GEJ and his wife respond to
issues. The point here is that the deputy
governor was snubbed by Dame and one
expects them to simple respond "Yes or No"
but saying Amaechi and his wife has not
paid condolence visit to her should be left
for another day. I think the aides cause more
problems for these people than they can
imagine. The real enemies of GEJ and Dame
are their aides and not the opposition as
they are made to believe.

36 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by Pataki: 6:48am On Aug 20, 2013
What is wrong with this woman for goodness sake? Is this woman really mentally certified as OK?

6 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 20, 2013
This can't be true.
No one can be this silly.

2 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by shiftmarket(m): 8:38am On Aug 20, 2013
The way these people lie frightens me.

Amaechi condoles with First Lady over mother’s death - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/amaechi-condoles-with-first-lady-over-mothers-death/#sthash.6JHTemF3.dpuf
BY JIMITOTA ONOYUME

PORT HARCOURT—RIVERS State Governor has condoled with the First Family of the country over the death of the mother of Mrs. Patience Jonathan.

Governor Chibuike Amaechi, who said that he received the death of Madam Charity Oba with shock and sadness, urged the first family to take solace in the assurance in the scriptures that she had transited to a far better place.

“It is with utmost shock and sadness that we received the news of the death of your dear mother, confident and cherished companion, Madam Oba. Yet in the midst of our pain, we must not forget that we are Christians and therefore, should not mourn like those without hope.

“It is our firm belief that our beloved Sisi has gone to a better place. Her charity and faith remain a hallmark not just in Oba-ama and Okrika but everywhere she lived. Her ever open arms and warm hospitality cannot be forgotten and remain as always, a beacon of hope and candle light that all who love her can cling unto.

“On behalf of my wife Judith, the Government and people of Rivers State, I want to assure you of our prayers and steadfast support at this very trying time, as we trust our ever faithful God to grant you and your family the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.”
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/amaechi-condoles-with-first-lady-over-mothers-death/#sthash.6JHTemF3.dpuf

19 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by shiftmarket(m): 8:38am On Aug 20, 2013
Amaechi’s wife condoles with First Lady over mother’s death
Wife of the Rivers State Governor, Dame Judith Amaechi ,has commiserated with the nation’s First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, over the death of her mother, Mrs. Charity Iwari Obah, who lost her life in an auto crash on Monday.

Mrs. Amaechi in a statement issued in Port Harcourt on Thursday said that “the death of Mrs. Obah is indeed a great loss to Rivers State in particular, especially the Obah’s family and the nation at large.”

The Rivers First lady stated that she was devastated by the news of Mrs. Obah’s death.

She prayed God to grant Mrs. Jonathan and the Obah’s family in Rivers State the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.

9 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by kenlash1(m): 8:45am On Aug 20, 2013
If amaechi had gone to aso rock to commiserate with her they would ve said he went to beg, he simply sent a condonlence msg nd our madam is stl angry.

17 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by Maxymilliano(m): 8:46am On Aug 20, 2013
However, [Governor Amaechi] and the wife from the State which the First Lady hails have not paid such a visit”

Small things amuse small minds - Doris Lessing ...

6 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by Willy7(m): 8:54am On Aug 20, 2013
Kindergarten president and moronic handlers indeed.

9 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by wellmax(m): 8:56am On Aug 20, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 20, 2013
So there is a director of information attached to OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY, FEDERAL
REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA Illegalities

PEJ pls

20 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by simpleseyi: 9:32am On Aug 20, 2013
Very soon, some people will say Wole Soyinka, Lai Mohammed and APC are after GEJ and PEJ. Is it APC that issued this disgracing statements from "Office of the first lady"?

26 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by 3ace(m): 9:42am On Aug 20, 2013
Mrs.Jonathan all but declared Mr. Amaechi and his wife guilty of bad manners
Kettle calling pot black.

2 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by Lagosbabe1: 10:09am On Aug 20, 2013
Petty and immature behavior and to think that these people are running the country? embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2013
arcis: I think there is always a problem with the
ways aides of GEJ and his wife respond to
issues. The point here is that the deputy
governor was snubbed by Dame and one
expects them to simple respond "Yes or No"
but saying Amaechi and his wife has not
paid condolence visit to her should be left
for another day. I think the aides cause more
problems for these people than they can
imagine. The real enemies of GEJ and Dame
are their aides and not the opposition as
they are made to believe.

I agree with you, however there is so much an aide can do. I am sure PEJ ordered the aide to write such a response and the aide may not have had a choice. That is what you get when a zoo-keeper marries a sheppopotamus. They behave as if they are in a jungle.

10 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by coogar: 10:16am On Aug 20, 2013
jonathan himself must be an irresponsible husband if he cannot put a leash on his rabid wife. i would be embarrassed as a husband if my wife continues to to bring shame into my household. if jonathan cannot stamp his authority in his household, why do we expect him to rule a country of 160 million people?

47 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by kennyonthrone(m): 10:20am On Aug 20, 2013
Illiteracy is a disease

4 Likes

Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by TCUBE(m): 10:20am On Aug 20, 2013
We now know who wears the big PANTS in the "JONATHAN" household

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support / Omoyele Sowore Walks Out Of Bond FM During Interview As The GM Tries To Censor / A Reviewing Of What Obi & Shettima Said At NBA 2022 Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.