Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. (14424 Views)

At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? / Fund Your UBA Visa Africard Instantly Without Going To Banking Hall To Deposit / Five Embarrassing Situation That Occurs In A Banking Hall/premises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by xynerise: 11:37am On Aug 20, 2013
A lot of people will tell me to mind my business, but my business is the unprofessional conducts of these security men to bank customers.

Is it that these security men are not motivated properly or its out of greed?

This is against the ethical conduct of a bank. A lot of people have been complaining about this issue so I had to make it open to the house.

Whats your take?

2 Likes

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 20, 2013
Which bank did you have such experience? I don't think it's all the banks. Never had such an experience though .
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2013
Oceanic Bank (before it turned eco) and uba

2 Likes

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
Obiagelli: Oceanic Bank (before it turned eco) and uba
Am not surprised. When they pay their security peanuts especially Halogen Securities who are under a contract with the banks, what do you expect?

1 Like

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by xynerise: 1:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
berem: Am not surprised. When they pay their security peanuts especially Halogen Securities who are under a contract with the banks, what do you expect?
But the bank branch managers should be aware of it
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Vado(m): 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
Been having same experiences of late. Most recent was at Union bank where I went to make a deposit. The ones at the gate, by the bullet-proof door were codedly begging me for cash doing oga sir, oga sir despite being twice my age. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by FlyboyZee: 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
Right now, One is begging me for money as we speak.

2 Likes

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
Nope but I give when I have

1 Like

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by IGBOSON1: 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
Let's be realistic here; if anyone of us were in their shoes it's likely we'd do the same thing! It doesn't bug me personally as i love giving.

These poor guys could be on as little as 25,000 naira a month, yet we'd expect the poor sods to put their lives in the line of danger if thieves show up.

If anyone is nice to you, or looks a bit malnourished and rough, it's your brotherly duty to give them more than just a smile. This is Nigeria, and we all know pay is not commensurate to cost of living......and inflation-linked pay rises are a foreign concept.

59 Likes

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by moscobabs(m): 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
Stingy Nija people..must they beg before u know u suppose give person wey open gate,protect u and ur property? or are they not beta than those black sheep that always extort money with force from you??

9 Likes

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Fhemmmy: 2:00pm On Aug 20, 2013
I think it is all about what you consider as begging, if they approach you and say something like "Oga how now, anything for the boyz?" i dont see that as begging, it is up to you to give or not . . . But if they are aggressive about it, it is a different story.

6 Likes

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
berem: Am not surprised. When they pay their security peanuts especially Halogen Securities who are under a contract with the banks, what do you expect?
You don get am Perfectly
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Fiawest(m): 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
One just begged me for N1000 now @ first bank in Ado Ekiti.....
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by yuzedo: 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
yes. even deir oga dats banks md + maneger use to begged me so wuz stopping dem from also beggin me wen dey seeee me comeing down from my big jip? cool angry

6 Likes

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
Stylishly, yea.
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by cashkid18(m): 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Another Senseless post makn fp..how does it affect ASUU strike?
Infact,i weep for NL
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by AnanseK(m): 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Fhemmmy: I think it is all about what you consider as begging, if they approach you and say something like "Oga how now, anything for the boyz?" i dont see that as begging, it is up to you to give or not . . . But if they are aggressive about it, it is a different story.

it is very embarrassing and bad , no matter how it is done.

2 Likes

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by owolabifunke14(f): 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
I had seen it twice at Mr Biggs,security man begged my bros to drop something for him
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by eagleeye2: 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
UBA, ACCESS, Diamond, Eko
the only bank I know that don't really care about such things is GTB

1 Like

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
Indirectly

wink
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
Most of the security men are a professional begger, even if you don't want to give them they know how to persuade you stylishly....eg

1.Opening your car for you
2.Greeting you as if you are president or first lady
3.Helping you with pen
4.Helping you with handbag
Etc
If i no get change to give out ATM na my choice

1 Like

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by simplifier(f): 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
If they are paid well, i see no reason they should do that

1 Like

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Bumpad: 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
nice replies jare wot is the op feeling lyk
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by jmoore(m): 2:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
No
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by FBS: 2:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Let's be realistic here; if anyone of us were in their shoes it's likely we'd do the same thing! It doesn't bug me personally as i love giving.

These poor guys could be on as little as 25,000 naira a month, yet we'd expect the poor sods to put their lives in the line of danger if thieves show up.

If anyone is nice to you, or looks a bit malnourished and rough, it's your brotherly duty to give them more than just a smile. This is Nigeria, and we all know pay is not commensurate to cost of living......and inflation-linked pay rises are a foreign concept.
+5!

1 Like

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by cumpaddre(m): 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
Its a normal thing at fidelity bank here in owerri.
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by simplifier(f): 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
AnanseK:

it is very embarrassing and bad , no matter how it is done.
When the man they live on a MONTHLY pay of N25,000 get 7 children, his wife, plus himself to feed
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Fhemmmy: 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
AnanseK: it is very embarrassing and bad , no matter how it is done.

It is embarrassing for someone to come to you and say - Oga, how are you or anything for the boyz? just pray you wont be in their position.

2 Likes

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Ufranklin92(m): 2:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
I to do happens to me
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Fhemmmy: 2:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
simplifier:
When the man they live on a pay of N25,000 get 7 children, his wife plus himself to feed

Let us even forget about the kids and wife and all that, the man is manning the bank in Ikeja, could his salary afford him an apartment around such area, meaning, he will have to reside in the suburb and how much do you think will take him there and back and he must eat while on the job . . .

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emefiele: 20 Banks Face Probe Over Forex Deals / Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named / Modern Market Markudi Gutted By Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.