Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. (14434 Views)

At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? / Fund Your UBA Visa Africard Instantly Without Going To Banking Hall To Deposit / Five Embarrassing Situation That Occurs In A Banking Hall/premises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Fhemmmy: 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
asagal:
Wel, they r doin dia bst bt I realy feel 4 dem.

#na God de protect us o#

Imagine someone go to such people and offer them a million naira to look away that they wanna come and deal with the place, would they do it?

1 Like

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by olaolaking: 8:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Let us even forget about the kids and wife and all that, the man is manning the bank in Ikeja, could his salary afford him an apartment around such area, meaning, he will have to reside in the suburb and how much do you think will take him there and back and he must eat while on the job . . .

So why do you complain of police? Is their salary big enough or they don't have families to cater for?
How do you know that I earn more than 25k. The security man has a better job in certain cases than those they beg for money.

3 Likes

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by jpphilips(m): 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
xynerise: A lot of people will tell me to mind my business, but my business is the unprofessional conducts of these security men to bank customers.

Is it that these security men are not motivated properly or its out of greed?

This is against the ethical conduct of a bank. A lot of people have been complaining about this issue so I had to make it open to the house.

Whats your take?

I don't have a problem with that just like the officers on the road, show them kindness at least they have taken up a job unlike the ones on traffic that beg without working.
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Fhemmmy: 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
olaolaking:

So why do you complain of police? Is their salary big enough or they don't have families to cater for?
How do you know that I earn more than 25k. The security man has a better job in certain cases than those they beg for money.

Police arrest you and wont let you go till you pay them, these people are not forcing you, they smile, they greet and if you give fine, else, you are free to go your way
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by delpee(f): 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
GTB security - the best!

1 Like

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
Giving them at least 100 naira when you have is never gonna make u broke... By the way dey don't force! I give them when i've got
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by jaymdee(m): 9:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
Fiawest: One just begged me for N1000 now @ first bank in Ado Ekiti.....
Oga, that's a lie o. Is it possible for him to specify the amount? Na fee?

2 Likes

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by kliq(m): 9:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
Feels like a normal tin n yeah wit all banks,especially wen they ve seen u more dan once....not like they com out str8 tho,they jus go by d regular"anytin for d boys?" grin
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by simpleseyi: 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2013
Less than a month ago, a First Bank night security guard with one of the branches was arrested for going to steal money from the ATM at night. The report further stated that the security man is an OPC member who earns 20,000 naira per month. How can a man be paid 20,000 per month to watch over millions or billions of naira when in actual fact the contractor company who hires the security guard on behalf of the bank takes at least three times of this amount. Why employ them through third party? I know that these contractor companies collect at least three times what they give the security guards because I have worked in 3 different banks over the last 11 years or so. I personally give them money every weekend. This is why many of these security guards are beggers in uniform. This is man inhumanity to man. CBN SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS BEFORE SECURITY GUARDS START CARRYING ATMs HOME AT NIGHT.

1 Like

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by jaymdee(m): 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
isha.salam:
Personally, I have never experienced it maybe cos i mostly use GT but I just happened to notice a tall security @ Ogudu GTB gallery, who is everly soo nice and friendly. I observed for about a year without tipping him but his demeanor NEVER changed, cos of this, whether i can afford or not, I always give him like 1k. Thats good service thats brings more reward without tainting his name.
Oh you've noticed that guy too? He's so cheerful and hails everyone so well. He sees me and he'll be like "hey bro" He'll always give you thumbs up. I had a chat with him last week and he told me he lived abroad for a long time. I see him everyday cos that's my hood. His height is something else tho...he should play basketball aside from the security job.
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Tonylyte(m): 10:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
Even without dem asking me 4 cash, i feel ashamed leaving d bank without giving them something. Especially wen i hav...nothing is good lyk giving, it gives u rest of mind.
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Image123(m): 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
It's not about being paid well, its a corruption mentality that has become a norm. And people have encouraged it by giving them, its now almost a right. The GTBank security guys do not usually do it, but all other banks that i have used, they do it. i think diamond also do not. It's like the police tha take it s their duty to collect money/bribe.

1 Like

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Infoay: 10:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
They don't really beg me directly but indirectly with the ways and manners they greet me when am entering and leaving the bank. Well I don't blame them at all.
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by ikenga67: 10:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
St.Ola:

"People like you" is why there can never be order in Nigeria, why bribery will never die, and why corruption would continue to be celebrated.
You have the effrontery to celebrate that you cheat your way to make deposits faster than those you meet on the queue. Are those who follow the due process stupid for being adults?

"People like you" create a situation where files pile up on the desk of a government officer because he/she is yet to receive a tip to do his/her assigned duty, while busy processing jobs for those who "hate to queue up for something".
You create a situation where an officer of the law turns a blind eye to offences commited in exchange for a token of N200 or N500, and when "people like you" become far fetched on a certain day, the already compromised officers harass such monies off law abiding citizens.

"People like you" are a shame to the nation, and worse shame is that you learnt no better even while at school.

My brother, I see you have migrated away from the political section to business and religion. Smart move, hope you are finding those areas more congenital than the politics section. But I doubt it, Nigerians are the same no matter what they are talking about. Do please come back to the political section, it definitely needs the few honest and objective men like you in this forum
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Image123(m): 11:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Infoay: They don't really beg me directly but indirectly with the ways and manners they greet me when am entering and leaving the bank. Well I don't blame them at all.

You should blame them, it is unethical and borders on bribery.contentment is key.
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by adconline(m): 11:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
Begging is part of Naija culture. Everybody wants to be "dashed" something

1 Like

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by sholaywithall: 12:07am On Aug 21, 2013
sadNa our colonial master caused am! kiss
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by basty: 5:35am On Aug 21, 2013
xynerise: A lot of people will tell me to mind my business, but my business is the unprofessional conducts of these security men to bank customers.

Is it that these security men are not motivated properly or its out of greed?

This is against the ethical conduct of a bank. A lot of people have been complaining about this issue so I had to make it open to the house.

Whats your take?

If it's not in your life to do good and also have a meaningful contribution, please better shut up.
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 21, 2013
Godson201333: Well yeah they do and Give it shall be given unto you..Na just 100 naira...They are begging because they pay them peanuts 18,000 naira per month yet they will deduct 2k for uniforms and stuff..Its a pity but i always give with a cheerful heart!
Eh. . . You'ld be suprised they make 3x your salary in a month.

1 Like

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Alexyem(m): 9:19am On Aug 21, 2013
I have worked as a security man in one of this new generation banks and i knw everything about this job.
I worked with a popular private security company then,most of my colleague ar graduate from differnet part of higher institution with gud certificate,the least qualification working with the company is OND as @ then,i dont knw present situation.

They gave us training according to where u ar going to work cos we have different base like banks.hospitals,tetiary institute,mass,private guard e.t.c,i will comment on bank cos i was trained to work @ bank.

If a security man great u,open gate for u or open ur car door for u it is what he was trained for,i did most of these for my customer some when coming back they dash me something and some pocket their money which is normal,but the situation in which a security men said bros hw far now,that means there is somtin between them,u can not jst come in for d first time nd they will be asking you for money impossible because they dont knw if u ar a supervisor from d banking sector or there security sector.

And there are some pple in my area,they cant read nor write and they are collecting 65000 upward monthly from federal govt without doing any job for them.u can expecting me to use my pen and knowledge i acquire with money for dem freely i ll even collect my service money before writing anything for you.

And apart from security tell me who no they collect "at all at all na hmn bad"from others police,navy,army,civil defence,frsc even d bankers tell me,d ones i named up most of they na by force,if u go bank nd d security great u dont think then dey beg u for money,if den leave work,u no fit witstand any one of them outside.

And as for you that think doing security job is a curse,move with them nd ask them how the work is going,some of the security that open the gate for you are now the branch manager of some of the banks,some u see infront of ur school yesterday before you gain entrance in to the school are now ur HOD
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Image123(m): 10:48am On Aug 21, 2013
Alexyem: I have worked as a security man in one of this new generation banks and i knw everything about this job.
I worked with a popular private security company then,most of my colleague ar graduate from differnet part of higher institution with gud certificate,the least qualification working with the company is OND as @ then,i dont knw present situation.

They gave us training according to where u ar going to work cos we have different base like banks.hospitals,tetiary institute,mass,private guard e.t.c,i will comment on bank cos i was trained to work @ bank.

If a security man great u,open gate for u or open ur car door for u it is what he was trained for,i did most of these for my customer some when coming back they dash me something and some pocket their money which is normal,but the situation in which a security men said bros hw far now,that means there is somtin between them,u can not jst come in for d first time nd they will be asking you for money impossible because they dont knw if u ar a supervisor from d banking sector or there security sector.

And there are some pple in my area,they cant read nor write and they are collecting 65000 upward monthly from federal govt without doing any job for them.u can expecting me to use my pen and knowledge i acquire with money for dem freely i ll even collect my service money before writing anything for you.

And apart from security tell me who no they collect "at all at all na hmn bad"from others police,navy,army,civil defence,frsc even d bankers tell me,d ones i named up most of they na by force,if u go bank nd d security great u dont think then dey beg u for money,if den leave work,u no fit witstand any one of them outside.

And as for you that think doing security job is a curse,move with them nd ask them how the work is going,some of the security that open the gate for you are now the branch manager of some of the banks,some u see infront of ur school yesterday before you gain entrance in to the school are now ur HOD

In defence of the indefensible. Corruption is the very fabric of this nation.
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Reuben2012(m): 11:24am On Aug 21, 2013
simpleseyi: Less than a month ago, a First Bank night security guard with one of the branches was arrested for going to steal money from the ATM at night. The report further stated that the security man is an OPC member who earns 20,000 naira per month. How can a man be paid 20,000 per month to watch over millions or billions of naira when in actual fact the contractor company who hires the security guard on behalf of the bank takes at least three times of this amount. Why employ them through third party? I know that these contractor companies collect at least three times what they give the security guards because I have worked in 3 different banks over the last 11 years or so. I personally give them money every weekend. This is why many of these security guards are beggers in uniform. This is man inhumanity to man. CBN SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS BEFORE SECURITY GUARDS START CARRYING ATMs HOME AT NIGHT.
even cbn security personnel is base on two types. The staff security and the contract security. The staff security are the one that work in d sensitive area in the bank and Those one u see at the main gate are contract security. u can see dat cbn is also guilty of this.
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Mustay(m): 12:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
^^It's the duty of those who provide outsourcing services to monitor the activities of their staff. Similarly, whilst it's not the bank's wahala but they also have a duty to ensure those they outsource some of their activities to don't compromise their quality, integrity et al.
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by olaolaking: 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Police arrest you and wont let you go till you pay them, these people are not forcing you, they smile, they greet and if you give fine, else, you are free to go your way

They still do it for the same reason with the police. But they don't have power like police that is just the difference. If they have power, they will do it same way. It is just the same mentality. Every Nigerian.
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Edywalex: 4:19pm On Aug 21, 2013
I love Acess bank so much.They ar well trained.They cal their security personel G.R.O(GUEST RELATION OFFICER).Imediately u step at d gate,u wil be welcome and also when going out to thank u 4 banking with them.They ar also taught nt to colect tip if customer give them without d security asking.So it hardly 4 d security to beg customer.Due to this,they hv gain a lot of customer to come to bank with Acess because of d manner d G.R.O place themselve.
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by freestuffsonnet(m): 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2013
Good thread..have been waiting to hear this. Guys, begging is begging, no matter how you package it. I don't really like that idea of A Full healthy man begging money from another man of his type. e no make sense. do you know whether na dey last kobo the person come withdraw from the bank. and you want to use still collect it from him. I hate that their attitude. I rather give to the guy who didn't ask for it than giving it to the one who is hailing me and calling me chairman in the means of begging. What's difference b/w the beggars in the street and them?

They should look for another job if they are not satisfy with security work. after all i know where and how to give if i want to give. They don't have to teach me that. That's my take on this.

3 Likes

Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by ceeceeco: 1:07am On Aug 22, 2013
AnanseK:

it is very embarrassing and bad , no matter how it is done.
how's it embarassing? They say b a fool & get w@ u wnt. If u claim 2 have while u dnt, then b ready 2 die in silence, Perhaps nobody's above help, even d tallest man will need a ladder sumday. Dnt tell me u've neva asked sum1 for sumtin...see let me tell u; God has blessed u 2 bless others, so dnt misuse d opportunity, just b a cheerful giver. Dnt underestimate pple...u can neva tell.
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by ceeceeco: 1:28am On Aug 22, 2013
freestuffsonnet: Good thread..have been waiting to hear this. Guys, begging is begging, no matter how you package it. I don't really like that idea of A Full healthy man begging money from another man of his type. e no make sense. do you know whether na dey last kobo the person come withdraw from the bank. and you want to use still collect it from him. I hate that their attitude. I rather give to the guy who didn't ask for it than giving it to the one who is hailing me and calling me chairman in the means of begging. What's difference b/w the beggars in the street and them?

They should look for another job if they are not satisfy with security work. after all i know where and how to give if i want to give. They don't have to teach me that. That's my take on this.
No b by force 2 give. If u have more than enof 2 give & u feel like givin, then u give, but if u dnt have enof on u, then u kip ur moni, no b by force. O boy thank God 4 ur life o. Pple are rilly suffering...e no easy o. Wen u don taste hardship na d@ tym u go knw say khaki no b leather. In dis life, anytin u give out 2 d needy is sumtin, even if na 5naira, na sumtin. U shuld learn hw 2 do tins 4 God's sake & not 4 human sake...There's an unseen eye watchin us all, & only d@ unseen eye can give account of our deeds!
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Bvercially(m): 11:12am On Aug 22, 2013
[b][/b]let me use the language of d "Banks Management" "if you are complaining about ur #25,000 salary! just resign, there are alot of ppl out there who will rush for d job" so d security men recieving dat salary have a choice, but beggin frm customers is bad and is not professional, buh wat more can i say?...dey just av to survive u know!.. sad
Re: Security Men Begging You For Money When Leaving The Banking Hall. by Kingalayo(m): 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
Am a security guy currently working with a bank, it is the illtterates dat beg and most of those begging systematically are the old ones, we know the dos and donts of banks. Besides, in every profesion, u must have the bad eggs which mingled with the good ones, if u have a complain go traight to customer care and lodge it. If someone ask u for money and u dnt av, just walk away, come along with better topic next time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shipping From Turkey To Nigeria / What Bussiness Can Someone Do With 500,000 Naira Without Opening A Shop / Modern Market Markudi Gutted By Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.