Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,097 members, 7,953,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:41 PM

BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service (10741 Views)

Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award / Abdulaziz Dauda Sentenced To Death By Hanging / We’ll Hold Buhari, APC To “3 Million Jobs A Year” Pledge – NLC, TUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by brosun(m): 8:31am On Aug 21, 2013
Lagos —  A 20-year-old Samuel Emmanuel, who stole a Blackberry mobile phone valued at N21,000, was, yesterday in Lagos sentenced to three months community service.

An Oshodi Magistrates’ court which handed down the judgment said the court had no option than to sentence Emmanuel since he had pleaded guilty to the offence.

The Magistrate, Mr Akeem Fashola, ruled: “You (Emmanuel) are hereby sentenced to three months community service without an option of fine since you have pleaded guilty to the charge.”
Fashola said the accused should serve the punishment within Oshodi-Isolo Local Government Area.

Earlier, the prosecutor, Cpl. Kehinde Olatunde, told the court that the accused committed the offence on August 9 at Odalume Street, Sogunle.

According to him, the accused stole the phone belonging to Dolapo Audu, where he was charging it.
He said: “Audu was charging his phone at a viewing centre when the accused, who came pretending he wanted to play games, stole it.

“When the accused was arrested the following day, he confessed that he had sold the phone to someone in Ikeja Computer Village for N10,000.”
Olatunde said the offence contravened Section 285 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
Section 285 provides three years imprisonment for stealing.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/blackberry-phone-thief-bags-3-month-community-service/

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 21, 2013
And the guy got National youth service in exchange... Okay!!!!
Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by fingard02k(m): 9:56am On Aug 21, 2013
better than jungle justice

20 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by Aizebioje(m): 9:58am On Aug 21, 2013
"blackberry thief".
Let's start with the small criminals. Hopefully we'll send these thieves in power to jail or the afterlife.
Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by toluxa1(m): 9:58am On Aug 21, 2013
Ah, my friend bought a BB for 10k at Computer Village on Sat Aug 10 o.

3 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by Teletexter: 10:01am On Aug 21, 2013
Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by Etumgbe(m): 10:02am On Aug 21, 2013
abeg make he do the community service reach my compound because there are some grass that need cutting there

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by nerodenero: 10:03am On Aug 21, 2013
toluxa1: Ah, my friend bought a BB for 10k at Computer Village on Sat Aug 10 o.
Your friend bought the phone Emmannuel stole.

4 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 21, 2013
Blackberry=====>worst phone EVER undecided

5 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by olopan(m): 10:03am On Aug 21, 2013
what a fair judgement grin from the judge at least him no give am 1 year in prison,just community service.....

2 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by Saraben(f): 10:04am On Aug 21, 2013
Eyah i pity d boy o
Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by gab150: 10:04am On Aug 21, 2013
Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by Juell(m): 10:05am On Aug 21, 2013
The guy suppose do thanksgiving for escaping being lynched.

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by Mobsync(m): 10:06am On Aug 21, 2013

Give me his phone number. I'll need to speak with him.
Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 21, 2013

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never knew this day would come in Nigeria! Fair judgement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 21, 2013
some petty theft aint worth prison time,or jungle justice...good judgement,rather than overblown an already populated prison

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by nnanyereugo(m): 10:10am On Aug 21, 2013
spongeback: Blackberry=====>worst phone EVER undecided

GBAM!!!
Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 21, 2013
Not bad

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by theanonymous: 10:13am On Aug 21, 2013
Aizebioje: "blackberry thief".
Let's start with the small criminals. Hopefully we'll send these thieves in power to jail or the afterlife.
Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by kingarizona(m): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2013
quote author=spongeback]Blackberry=====>worst phone EVER undecided[/quote]

Huh!!!
Hmmm... Like u aint my friend on BBM winklipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by Nyksbry(m): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2013
who will sentence the big looters of our national fund ooo
Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by LovelyAmy(f): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2013
wat a disgrace, he for come collect mine. its a pity.
Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by kodylicky(f): 10:15am On Aug 21, 2013
dats a better judgment than the crazy things i hear these days.

i seriously believe that these petty thieves shld be used to do some environmental sanitation work (community service). this will help decongest the prisons.

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by frainc(m): 10:15am On Aug 21, 2013
Ayeeee oooo
na oja ole ur fuend don buy niye

shey bi i no comment
abi i comment?

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by theanonymous: 10:16am On Aug 21, 2013
kody-licky:
dats a better judgment than the crazy things i hear these days.

i seriously believe that these petty thieves shld be used to do some environmental sanitation work (community service). this will help decongest the prisons.

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by cnwamo(m): 10:24am On Aug 21, 2013
better than jungle justice
gab150: d sentense to small

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by Fazhy: 10:25am On Aug 21, 2013
Not bad.

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 21, 2013
cheesy
Lovely Amy: wat a disgrace, he for come collect mine. its a pity.

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by Danhumprey: 10:28am On Aug 21, 2013
Far far better than jungle justice. Hopefully someday,we would catch those thieves in power and sent them to maximum prison where they would be washing the toilet! grin

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by nerodenero: 10:34am On Aug 21, 2013
Danhumprey: Far far better than jungle justice. Hopefully someday,we would catch those thieves in power and sent them to maximum prison where they would be washing the toilet! grin
By then Nigeria would be regarded as a sane society

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service by DandeNumeruno(m): 10:49am On Aug 21, 2013
A good and fair judgement by the sentencing judge or magistrate. That's his first strike and shouldn't be thrown in jail just yet. It's only when he violates his probation and commit another crime that he may be put in the slammer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking President Of Gabon Spotted In Nigeria Civil War Pics As A Starvin Child / EFCC To Appeal Court Order Asking Zenith Bank To Defreeze Fayose’s Accounts / Umahi Set For Solid Mineral Exploration In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.