Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Does Tribe Really Matter In Marriage Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Tribe Really Matter In Marriage Relationship? (1861 Views)

Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) / Does Looks Matter In A Relationship / Does Your Denomination Really Matter In Your Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Tribe Really Matter In Marriage Relationship? by Henrypraise: 12:30am On Aug 22, 2013
When I listened to Zarokome Maria, Ri e kome maria lyrics as a teen, I use to enjoy the lyrics n beat, neva for once did I place mysef in the shoes of d imaginary bachelor whose parents want him to marry from the tribe.

While I am a tall, dark n baritoned warri angry lookin guy, I have always admired certain physical qualities in a woman viz: fair in complexion, fyn faced lady. This trait is rare amongst my tribe ladies n as such d wind of my attraction has favoured Igbo ladies from d east or Edo state ladies.

I av had a fair share in fratenizing wit females much to d envy of my peers n brothers. After meeting a certain Igbo lady whom I av 'hustled' for a while, I decided to call it quit wit bein a casanova.

I went to my parents n told dem of my intention to take my igbo gf serious (dey all knew wen I was hustlin dis babe). Dear NLanders, it was at dis point I knew dat "no be eye wen dem take share eba nai dem dey use dey share meat". Yep dey discouraged d union, d lady later messed up despite effort I made in an attempt to prove my parents wrong; m bak to bein a "single man who is mingling way too much"

Friends, families n Ogas av taken it upon demsefs to get me a girl of my choice from my tribe, dey av succeeded in gettin one for my colleague n m d next.

My question, does tribe really matters? I dnt even knw how to speak my language. N to married guys, does complexion really count in marriage as much?
Re: Does Tribe Really Matter In Marriage Relationship? by Nobody: 12:45am On Aug 22, 2013
Sorry to say this but you are not man..
Common sense is really not common.. undecided

And to think that a woman will actually get married to you. undecided angry

Why don't you go to bed and when u wake up, read the rubbish you posted here...I will not help you identify your ignorance.
Re: Does Tribe Really Matter In Marriage Relationship? by Henrypraise: 1:00am On Aug 22, 2013
duffie: Sorry to say this but you are not man..

Why don't you go to bed and when u wake up, read the rubbish you posted here...I will not help you identify your ignorance.

I totally agree wit u dat common sense is scarce, otherwise u shud av answered d questions I deduce n n stop judging me thru ur myopic reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Does Tribe Really Matter In Marriage Relationship? by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 22, 2013
Henry praise:

I totally agree wit u dat common sense is scarce, otherwise u shud av answered d questions I deduce n n stop judging me thru ur myopic reasoning.

Hmmmmmm..okkay I guess you are mature..nice response

First of all, have you ever thought of how your marriage will be like?
It's not about getting married, that's not it all.
You need to have a plan of wwhat you really want not what your family wwants because at the end of the day your family will not run your home...

I don't believe in tribalism, I assess people individually and not based on tribe, youu have to try that.

Beauty fades...what if you wake up one morning and find out that hot-water poured on your wife's face, wwhat will you do? Will you divorce her?

Complexion is not necesary but physical attraction is important..

Lastly, choose your wife by yourself, you caan get recommendations and advice from people but the final choice is yours.

Don't forget that marriage is a liffetime committment,it's till you die...whatever choice you make is till death.
Re: Does Tribe Really Matter In Marriage Relationship? by Nobody: 1:58am On Aug 22, 2013
Tribe doesn't matter or rather shouldn't matter. What matters most is love,are you comfortable with your partner? Do you want her beyond 'I love you' ?
You will live with your partner eventually not your family.
Re: Does Tribe Really Matter In Marriage Relationship? by tutulicious(f): 2:45am On Aug 22, 2013
Does complexion matter?

If you do not like eating beans preaching about how good it is for your body won't make you like it over night. If you are attracted to fair ladies it is only fair to yourself you marry one, after all something would have to attract you to a lady in the first place before you even get to know her, please save a dark lady the trouble of having to bleach her skin to please you.

Tribe?

This should and never be the case, the truth is that love knows not tribe, race, class, faith among others and that's when its true love. Marriage is for companionship and if you are not best of friends with your spouse to be in the first place, chances are it won't work so there would be no need to marry someone you can't stand.

Just as Sexyttabi says it all about you not your family so think about what you want in marriage and why and then make your family see reasons.

Sorry for the long post I hope this helps.
Re: Does Tribe Really Matter In Marriage Relationship? by Nobody: 3:15am On Aug 22, 2013

very senseless comment.
Re: Does Tribe Really Matter In Marriage Relationship? by Jman06(m): 3:31am On Aug 22, 2013
Neither tribe nor religion ought 2 count in marriage but no thanks 2 our mentality as nigerians we attach so much importance 2 those 2,i am an Ibo guy who has got a huge attraction for Yoruba girls but am afraid i might end up being forced in2 marrying one Ibo biiiitch.
Re: Does Tribe Really Matter In Marriage Relationship? by daisyella: 4:29am On Aug 22, 2013
^^ Being realistic, I believe religion matters a lot o unless dey r not serious religious people or one party is willing 2 convert for d oda. @ op, d person's tribe shouldn't matter at all, u r a man and u should b able 2 convince ur peeps dat its dat lady u've chosen 2 be with.
Also its kul that u want someone who meets up physically with what u want but also remember 2 look beneath the beauty. What matters most is deep inside.
Re: Does Tribe Really Matter In Marriage Relationship? by Mynd44: 6:22am On Aug 22, 2013
It should not matter but unfortunately, we have found ourselves in a twisted society
Re: Does Tribe Really Matter In Marriage Relationship? by djeezy(m): 6:23am On Aug 22, 2013

Hey take it easy. I don't like replies like this, we're in a civilized age pls.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Be Romatic With My Girlfriend / How A Nairaland Girl Turned Me To Maga.im Regretting + Pics / The Most Hilarious Marriage Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.