Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,774 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:39 AM

Eight PDP Members Perish In A Vehicles Accident In Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eight PDP Members Perish In A Vehicles Accident In Abia (556 Views)

Abubakar Ali In Auto Accident In Kano (Photo) / Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial / Buhari’s Abia Rally Dwarfs Gej's Rally In Abia [ Compare Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eight PDP Members Perish In A Vehicles Accident In Abia by Blitz4real(m): 2:17am On Aug 22, 2013
Eight members of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) in Abia were confirmed dead on August 21, 2013, Wednesday, following an auto crash on the Awka-Enugu Expressway.

The accident reportedly happened at about 11 p.m. on Tuesday when they were returning to Umuahia from Awka, where they monitored the party's ward congresses.

Narrating the incident to newsmen, the driver of the PDP Hummer bus, Sunday Iroegbu, explained that they were driving in a motorcade from Awka to Enugu when the accident occurred.

Mr. Iroegbu, who sustained a minor injury on his left wrist, blamed the accident on over-speeding by the pilot vehicle. He explained that some of the vehicles were doing 120 km per hour and above and that it was drizzling.

He said he trailed other vehicles and relied on their tail light to keep pace with them when the bus suddenly veered off the road and landed in a ditch.

The Medical Director of Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, Abali Chuku, who confirmed the incident to newsmen, said the deceased had been deposited at the hospital mortuary.

Mr. Chuku explained that of the 10 others affected by the accident, four were in critical condition and were receiving treatment at the intensive care unit.

He called for the establishment of a trauma centre at the hospital to cater for accident cases.

Chuku said that in recent time, the hospital had to contend with serious road accidents, including the one that involved some students and youth corps members.

Meanwhile, Gov. Theodore Orji has visited the survivors at the hospital but did not make any public comment.

He was accompanied on the visit by senior government officials and party officials.
http://m.naij.com/news/44568.html
Re: Eight PDP Members Perish In A Vehicles Accident In Abia by Witwicky(m): 2:20am On Aug 22, 2013
Rip to dose who lost dere lives in d accident....

........Noted#
Re: Eight PDP Members Perish In A Vehicles Accident In Abia by tonyot(m): 3:27am On Aug 22, 2013
Truth be told! Overspeeding no de pay. RIP to the dead
Re: Eight PDP Members Perish In A Vehicles Accident In Abia by Osama10(m): 3:31am On Aug 22, 2013
Night journeys on Nigerian roads is a no no for me, the roads are death traps in broad daylight talkless of 11pm.

People should learn from this.
Re: Eight PDP Members Perish In A Vehicles Accident In Abia by brownlord: 3:48am On Aug 22, 2013
GOOD NEWS, DANCING ALINGO REMIX WITH ALANTA FEATURING AZONTO.......LIMPOPO

MORE AT THE NATIONAL LEVEL, PLANE CRASH AND MORE DISASTER FOR THOSE PDP

AND ACN SINATORS, LEGISLOOTHERS, MINISISTERS, EXECUTHIEVES AND ALL ARMED ROBBER POLITICIANS AND I WISH SAME FOR WHOEVER WOULD QUOTE AND INSULT ME.
Re: Eight PDP Members Perish In A Vehicles Accident In Abia by JohnFrankling(m): 6:10am On Aug 22, 2013
R.I.P to the dead I hate night journey
Re: Eight PDP Members Perish In A Vehicles Accident In Abia by 3ace(m): 10:12am On Aug 22, 2013
@brownlord, I for quote u but I no wan.....well, I don't blame you. A bad person can never be missed. Levi Ajuonoma, the NNPC Group General Manager didn't want to leave after the expiration of his tenure. He was busy bribing from one office to another so as to remain in office and prevent others one of whom I know from getting there. They just want to continue amassing, getting richer at the expense of the masses.

(1) (Reply)

Northern-based Civil Rights Activist-mallam Shehu Sani Should Be Monitored. / Dangote Refinery To Employ 8,000 Engineers, Create Jobs For 85,000 Nigerians / Political Mathematics 102

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.