Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,915 members, 7,831,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market (17886 Views)

Suspected Boko Haram Militants Kill Eight, Kidnap 100 In Cameroon / Enugu Market Explosion: One Feared Dead, Sevearl Injured / Breakingnews: Islamic Boko Haram Bombs Enugu Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by babsomotde(m): 12:17am On Aug 23, 2013
God, have mercy on us.
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by emmabest2000(m): 12:40am On Aug 23, 2013
God of Mercy
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by Eklektika(m): 1:38am On Aug 23, 2013
The shoot out occured as a result of a power tussle within the ranks of the Local Vigilante. Ogwuagor,a rapidly expanding town both in terms of population and development was formerly in the grip of armed robbers who attacked,robbed,maimed and killed citizens. Since the Police were incapable of protecting them,the Vigilante group was formed to check the menace of the hoodlums. A levy that ranged between N200 and N500 was imposed on each household. As with most things Nigerian,the money began to get into private pockets since there was no supervisory body to audit the organisation's books. After the most recent elections in the exco of the group,a rival,disgruntled faction emerged and they are the ones suspected to be behind the attack that so far left FOUR not EIGHT people dead.The four people were NOT traders but artisans whose business premises were adjoining the office of the Vigilante at the time of the attack.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by Seempliehuman(m): 3:40am On Aug 23, 2013
Eklektika: The shoot out occured as a result of a power tussle within the ranks of the Local Vigilante. Ogwuagor,a rapidly expanding town both in terms of population and development was formerly in the grip of armed robbers who attacked,robbed,maimed and killed citizens. Since the Police were incapable of protecting them,the Vigilante group was formed to check the menace of the hoodlums. A levy that ranged between N200 and N500 was imposed on each household. As with most things Nigerian,the money began to get into private pockets since there was no supervisory body to audit the organisation's books. After the most recent elections in the exco of the group,a rival,disgruntled faction emerged and they are the ones suspected to be behind the attack that so far left FOUR not EIGHT people dead.The four people were NOT traders but artisans whose business premises were adjoining the office of the Vigilante at the time of the attack.
thank you jare.
Nigerians have lost all skills of comprehension.Some were trying to link the attack to boko haram after the name of the suspects were mentioned in the original post.Others were trying to blame the ACN/APC.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by Seempliehuman(m): 3:40am On Aug 23, 2013
Eklektika: The shoot out occured as a result of a power tussle within the ranks of the Local Vigilante. Ogwuagor,a rapidly expanding town both in terms of population and development was formerly in the grip of armed robbers who attacked,robbed,maimed and killed citizens. Since the Police were incapable of protecting them,the Vigilante group was formed to check the menace of the hoodlums. A levy that ranged between N200 and N500 was imposed on each household. As with most things Nigerian,the money began to get into private pockets since there was no supervisory body to audit the organisation's books. After the most recent elections in the exco of the group,a rival,disgruntled faction emerged and they are the ones suspected to be behind the attack that so far left FOUR not EIGHT people dead.The four people were NOT traders but artisans whose business premises were adjoining the office of the Vigilante at the time of the attack.
thank you jare.
Nigerians have lost all skills of comprehension.Some were trying to link the attack to boko haram after the name of the suspects was mentioned in the original post.Others were trying to blame the ACN/APC.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by Dubby6(m): 4:08am On Aug 23, 2013
“I was discussing with my neighbour, a cobbler, when suddenly we heard gun shots, I quickly ran into my shop; after the gun shot had stopped, I came out and saw my friend lying lifeless in the pool of his blood. lol.mehn some peeps re plain dull.y didnt d friend run??
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by Eklektika(m): 4:36am On Aug 23, 2013
Dubby6: “I was discussing with my neighbour, a cobbler, when suddenly we heard gun shots, I quickly ran into my shop; after the gun shot had stopped, I came out and saw my friend lying lifeless in the pool of his blood. lol.mehn some peeps re plain dull.y didnt d friend run??

@Dubby6,the guy in question was deaf and dumb. He was a very industrious cobbler whose shop was adjoining the office of the Vigilante. Obviously,he couldn't and didnt hear the gunshots that's why he was caught in the crossfire.
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by biafranqueen: 4:57am On Aug 23, 2013
jchime: I was driving past there when the incident occurred,I counted four dead bodies. Four dead bodies surely. I did some first aid job on the three injured before they were whisked off to parklane hospital.
definitely, it was a cult crash,the area is a known slum for cultists habitation and this is not the first time such is happening.
wow God bless you You will be rewarded!
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by Okeikpu(m): 7:01am On Aug 23, 2013
Adamu Mohamed need to be questioned very well sad
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 23, 2013
Rich Dad: 5pm today? Yesterday? or when please? How come no other major news medium is reporting this? Abeg, if na joke stop am.
Spot on.
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by OrigamiIII: 7:19am On Aug 23, 2013
No deliberate intention to derail this thread but this idea just crossed my mind.It is high time the FG designate a state each in every of the geopolical zones as Federal territory administered states.This will reduce the rate of migration and crowding of Abuja and Lagos.I suggest states like:Delta,Enugu,Oyo,Bauchi,Kaduna,Kogi,and then Lagos and Rivers should also be included because of their strategic commercial importance.Give these places special status,start developing them as being done in abuja only then can we have a truly federal impact evenly made across the nation.Take over the rebuilding of the roads in these FTA's,create and independent generation company dedicated only to each,a seperate water corporation,unique housing policy and efficient modern rail system.This in my candid view will open up our country to various opportunities for her citizens and investors to explore without having to come all the way to abuja,lagos or portharcourt.If abuja can succeed with this system then these proposed FTA's will.
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by michy(f): 7:52am On Aug 23, 2013
If this is true, it should have been announced on radio by now

It happened. The cobbler and the young lady were brought to Orthopeadic hospital.I saw their corpse. I work there so I even saw them. Unfortunately National Orthopeadic Hospital is on strike so some of them had to take their patients home. Its really a pity.
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by kabba7(m): 8:26am On Aug 23, 2013
Hope somone somewhere is not preparing the citizens of Enugu for posible massob mass attack.
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by laplace19(m): 8:38am On Aug 23, 2013
james_ibor: Has Boko Haram entered Enugu?

This is not a boko haram stuff,dude
Am in enugu now,the news had it that the security men in that area held and tortured one of their gangs,then they came back to retaliate by firing at the people within the area

Nothing like boko haram,ok
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by Pvin: 8:57am On Aug 23, 2013
jchime: I was driving past there when the incident occurred,I counted four dead bodies. Four dead bodies surely. I did some first aid job on the three injured before they were whisked off to parklane hospital.
definitely, it was a cult crash,the area is a known slum for cultists habitation and this is not the first time such is happening.
Enugu and Cultist when are they going to stop? This was hw I lost my best friend. May there souls rest in peace
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by charsobodo(m): 9:25am On Aug 23, 2013
This is pathetic and quite sad, pray we all learn to live in peace and tolerate one another.
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by gnot: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin i am from borno state ooo cheesy
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by hardbody: 10:42am On Aug 23, 2013

I tend to faintly recall that area. Growing up around Trans Ekulu we used to ride our bicycles up to that point and even beyond. There used to be a stream called 'Ava' further down the road and i tend to recall i had a school friend then staying with his parents at No. 13 Ogwuagor and then further up there you had Ochanja market on the way to Ugbene...

I recall all of those with nostalgia.....

I never thought that the quiet environment enveloped with some kind of squalor then will someday become a hot bed of crime....

God help the living and give the bereaved the courage to bear the losses.
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by Eklektika(m): 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
Pvin:
Enugu and Cultist when are they going to stop? This was hw I lost my best friend. May there souls rest in peace

Check my post above for the news behind the news. Though Enugu is a hotbed of culti-related violence,this particular incident was not related to 'cult crash' as you'd want folks to believe. Ogwuagor used to be my cabal before I relocated to Lagos and I know the cobbler that was unfortunately shot dead as well some of the suspects that are currently cooling their heels in SARS cell. I know the area where the incident happened like the back of my hand. I repeat,it was as a result of disagreements arising from the electoral politics of the town's Local Vigilante and not 'cult crash'. My contacts there have been keeping me informed about the on-the-spot situation.
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by Eklektika(m): 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
Pvin:
Re: Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market by RickyDCasanova(m): 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
bhidex007: The news is true. Letz see what the brave Kalu,Obi and Ndigbo wil have to say
......d news is nt true joo...pure lie...am sure.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recovered Loot: Why Buhari Won’t Disclose Amount – Garba Shehu / Buhari’s Strategists Chasing Ants By Reuben Abati / Kaduna Voters Cast Their Votes Via Electronic Voting At El-Rufai's Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.