Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road (8970 Views)

Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic / Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce / President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From His One Day Visit To Benin Republic(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by favouryemmy: 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
I just read that the government has approved a contract for the rehabilitation of Akure to Ilesha road. That is a good development. Welldone to the government.
But what this road actually need is not just a rehabilitation, but complete dualization. Dualization from Ilesha through Akure to Benin city. Even the rehabilitation is between Akure and Ilesha, what the happens to Akure to Benin? The road is in a terrible state. This road is a very busy one and it would do travelers a world of good if it it dualized. The road several years ago was dualized from Ibadan and when it got to Ilesha was discontinued and the rest of it is a very narrow road to Benin. Please, if any reader knows any 'oga at the top' that can make this happen, let them know about this.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/fed-govt-approves-n123-73-billion-for-five-roads/

8 Likes

Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by Crownvilla(m): 7:01am On Aug 23, 2013
MOD.........FRONT PAGE, PLEASE!!!!

1 Like

Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by musiwa1a: 8:31am On Aug 23, 2013
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 23, 2013
Hmm
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 23, 2013
musiwa1a: .
See ur life
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by gamesb: 10:16am On Aug 23, 2013
its a good development , but it should extends to Benin
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 23, 2013
I'll call president Jona on the phone and tell him what you said right away.
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by coolestboy(m): 10:17am On Aug 23, 2013
Gej is doing all these to cajole us abi? Na lie. Enuf of his slowpokism and indecisiveness.
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by moscobabs(m): 10:19am On Aug 23, 2013
another opportunity to embezzle our money..abi?
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by amiskurie(m): 10:20am On Aug 23, 2013
frontpage?
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by JOFF: 10:20am On Aug 23, 2013
source please? we need to confirm this before we start jubilating. If it is true God bless naija.
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by joshuaidibia(m): 10:20am On Aug 23, 2013
Crownvilla: MOD.........FRONT PAGE, PLEASE!!!!
c ur mouth. "MOD. FRONT PAGE PLS."
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by gamesb: 10:22am On Aug 23, 2013
beware of these jobbers (419ers) they are doping unemployed and greedy fellows with their FAKE employment FORM.

1 Like

Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by LagosBoi2(m): 10:22am On Aug 23, 2013
lets wait and see

1 Like

Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by momodub: 10:23am On Aug 23, 2013
winknice one
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 23, 2013
Promhize:
See ur life

even engineer musiwa

grin
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 23, 2013
OK I'll let him know
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by timilehin007(m): 10:25am On Aug 23, 2013
*** fake cough
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by johnstar(m): 10:26am On Aug 23, 2013
undecided
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by Abduljohn(m): 10:27am On Aug 23, 2013
I read it also but wasn't clear if it was acompletion of the dualisatn r repairs bt if it shld be repair its less needed dan d dualisation. if only they knw d importanc of d dualisatn n d threat d narrow/busy rd is to masses.
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by Aromas: 10:27am On Aug 23, 2013
joshua idibia: c ur mouth. "MOD. FRONT PAGE PLS."

Weytin concern you hum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by alphaconde(m): 10:28am On Aug 23, 2013
coolestboy: Gej is doing all these to cajole us abi? Na lie. Enuf of his slowpokism and indecisiveness.

What will GEJ do that will please you? Unfortunately for you, even if he doesn't do it, he must complete his second term just like ur APC guys fashola and oshomole are doing. That's only fair.

2 Likes

Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2013
The rehabilitation of Ilesha-Akure road is long overdue. That's the same road in front of FUTA North Gate in Akure. . . Going to Ilesha from Akure used to be less than 30 mins, but with the damages and pot holes on that road, you just might wanna slow down for your dear life. . .

Anyways, nice development!
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by gramci: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2013
Fresh breeze cheesy
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by Nuzo1(m): 10:29am On Aug 23, 2013
Good job!

The meandering terrain of the road makes it one of the most dangerous roads in Nigeria.
I agree with you that it should be dualized. Tho such move will cost the FG a truck load of money.
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by princemolak(m): 10:30am On Aug 23, 2013
we hav bin hearing approval of Roads 4 years,nt until we see it bin constructd
?...
Want to Learn how To Make Money online?check www.onlinemoneydon.com
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 23, 2013
I served somewhere along that road (Ipetu) less than a year ago and you have no idea what joy I had when I saw the misleading topic on FP. If u know d kind gbege wey dey dat road enh? There z hardly a day when u don't av fatal or near fatal accidents occurring on that road.
Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 23, 2013
Nuzo':
Good job!

The meandering terrain of the road makes it one of the most dangerous roads in Nigeria.
I agree with you that it should be dualized. Tho such move will cost the FG a truck load of money.

Well at the moment, it is costing them a truckload of human lives

2 Likes

Re: FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road by safejourney: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2013
WE needthe dualization from Ilesa junction to Ipetu junction to Ikeji Arakeji to Owena to Akure down to Benin City.
annoymous: I served somewhere along that road (Ipetu) less than a year ago and you have no idea what joy I had when I saw the misleading topic on FP. If u know d kind gbege wey dey dat road enh? There z hardly a day when u don't av fatal or near fatal accidents occurring on that road.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Here Is The Much Awaited List .....Now Everybody Can Rest. / The world, Nigeria and Igbos / Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.